Anyone still here?

riverman

Dec 11, 2020, 8:57:40 PM12/11/20
RBP lives.

Melissa

Dec 14, 2020, 11:18:17 PM12/14/20
Hello riverman, you wrote:

> RBP lives.

Nice to see your moniker again! :)

--
Melissa

Phant...@nospam.invalid

Dec 15, 2020, 6:43:46 AM12/15/20
On Mon, 14 Dec 2020 19:18:14 -0900, Melissa wrote:
>Hello riverman, you wrote:
>> RBP lives.
>Nice to see your moniker again! :)

I'm here..... being very still.
So that makes at least 3 of us.
Still paddling when I get the chance. Solo these days more often than
not. Been a long time since I've peeked in here though. Thought I'd do
my part in trying to keep this thread alive.
Phantman (aka Rick)

Bill Bradshaw

Dec 15, 2020, 1:12:23 PM12/15/20
I am still here. The charter people tell me the sea kayakers are getting
older and less young people are taking it up. Maybe what is happening is we
are all dying. I will be 75 this summer and still kayaking and pack rafting
but for how much longer. Maybe there will be kayaking in Heaven or Hell
whereever I end up.
--
<Bill>

Brought to you from Anchorage, Alaska

riverman wrote:
> RBP lives.

Phant...@gmail.com

Dec 15, 2020, 7:10:02 PM12/15/20
You're not very much older than me. When I was young, I figured I
would know when I was old when I had more dead friends than live ones.
But I was still middle age when I past that milestone. So I bumped it
up to 2X as many dead friends as live ones. But it didn't take long to
blow right on past that. So I bumped it to 10X. and I don't think I'm
there yet. Don't know for sure though cuz I've lost count.
Maybe I should come up with a different system.
Paddle on people!
Phantman
Shoutin' distance from the Gulf of Mexico

On Tue, 15 Dec 2020 09:12:19 -0900, "Bill Bradshaw" <brad...@gci.net>

Melissa

Dec 16, 2020, 4:41:45 AM12/16/20
Hi Bill, you wrote:

> Brought to you from Anchorage, Alaska

I'm in Seward! :)

Glad to know you're still paddling. As am I. I moved here four years ago
with the intention of paddling these lovely Alaskan waters. I'm now 62, but
I insist on maintaining my immaturity, so I just carry on. :)

--
Melissa

Edwin Johnson

Dec 16, 2020, 10:17:20 AM12/16/20
On 2020-12-16, Phant...@gmail.com <Phant...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You're not very much older than me. When I was young, I figured I
> would know when I was old when I had more dead friends than live ones.

Gee, I may be the oldest in the crowd! (Don't use that word o..l..d..,
Edwin) It's relative anyway. Not doing much paddling for logistic
reasons, but a lot of camping all over for longer vacations.

...Edwin (located in Shreveport, LA)
--
http://kd5zlb.org

Bill Bradshaw

Dec 16, 2020, 12:37:42 PM12/16/20
Melissa wrote:
> Hi Bill, you wrote:
>

>> Brought to you from Anchorage, Alaska
>
> I'm in Seward! :)
>
> Glad to know you're still paddling. As am I. I moved here four
> years ago with the intention of paddling these lovely Alaskan waters.
> I'm now 62, but I insist on maintaining my immaturity, so I just
> carry on. :)

I love Bear Glacier. Got there 2 times last year. Usually 3 nights
camping. Big collapse of the Glacier last year. It lost 2,500 feet. I am
getting worried because it appears it is starting to get commercialized.
Saw a pretty Brown bear last year during the early August trip.

<Bill>

Chicago Paddling-Fishing

Jan 13, 2021, 5:13:21 AM1/13/21
riverman <myro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>RBP lives.

When one can wade thru all the solution manuals to find real content yes...

How are you?

--
John Nelson
Chicago Area Paddling/Fishing Page

Phant...@nospam.invalid

Jan 13, 2021, 8:34:21 PM1/13/21
On 13 Jan 2021, Chicago Paddling-Fishing wrote:
>When one can wade thru all the solution manuals to find real content

Actually, there's a solution for that. But one needs to read their
manual under the "Solutions for filtering out usenet spam" Section.
Problem is, there's not much left to read when there's no spam to see.
Not sure what the solution to that might be.

John Kuthe

Jan 14, 2021, 7:17:48 PM1/14/21
I remember when Boatertalk started and succeeded unintentionally to take over for Rec.Boats.Paddle.

John Kuthe...

Chicago Paddling-Fishing

Jan 25, 2021, 6:40:59 AM1/25/21
Just don't mention the "S" word or it might again. Can we survive another
Sp*ns**n attack?

Ric E

Jun 1, 2021, 3:46:05 PM6/1/21
For some reason I just thought of sp***ons the other day.....
Moaned, and then laughed..

Chicago Paddling-Fishing

Jun 12, 2021, 5:46:41 AM6/12/21
Don't even think it ;-)

John Kuthe

Jun 14, 2021, 7:05:19 AM6/14/21
On Friday, December 11, 2020 at 7:57:40 PM UTC-6, riverman wrote:
> RBP lives.

John Kuthe, here.

I don't go boating much anymore, says a have a Nissan Leaf with abut a 70mile range.|

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...