r.b.p.

21 views
Skip to first unread message

Ric E

unread,
Jun 1, 2021, 3:50:21 PM6/1/21
to
I didn't realize this was still around.

On a whim I just type rec boats paddle into search to see if the old post were still around.

Surprise!!

John Kuthe

unread,
Sep 2, 2021, 8:50:41 PM9/2/21
to
Yes, but much like so many old Usenet Newsgroups, rec.boats.paddle is a mere thin shadow of what it was years ago. :-(

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

Paul Tomblin

unread,
Sep 3, 2021, 8:13:55 AM9/3/21
to
Like most of them, that's because the people sticking around (as opposed to
the spammers) only ever post to bemoan that there's no real content, instead
of actually posting real content. (Guilty as charged)


--
Paul Tomblin <ptom...@xcski.com> http://blog.xcski.com/
"You are all but subwidgets in a composite container whose logical tab
group I have registered the traversal order of. I can merely point at you
and your popup dialogue will be unmapped unless XmNautoUnmanage is False."

Chicago Paddling-Fishing

unread,
Sep 17, 2021, 5:53:17 AM9/17/21
to
Paul Tomblin <ptomblin...@xcski.com> wrote:
>In a previous article, John Kuthe <johnk...@gmail.com> said:
>>On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 2:50:21 PM UTC-5, ette...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> I didn't realize this was still around.
>>>
>>> On a whim I just type rec boats paddle into search to see if the old post were still around.
>>>
>>> Surprise!!
>>
>>Yes, but much like so many old Usenet Newsgroups, rec.boats.paddle is a mere thin shadow of what it was years
>>ago. :-(

>Like most of them, that's because the people sticking around (as opposed to
>the spammers) only ever post to bemoan that there's no real content, instead
>of actually posting real content. (Guilty as charged)


true.


--
John Nelson
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chicago Area Paddling/Fishing Page
http://www.chicagopaddling.org http://www.chicagofishing.org
(A Non-Commercial Web Site: No Sponsors, No Paid Ads and Nothing to Sell)
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages