Carolina Chickadee Pic

jmcquown

Feb 3, 2024, 4:29:17 PMFeb 3
Say hello to the black-capped chickadee's Southern cousin. :)

https://i.postimg.cc/8P7Pj34f/carolina-chickadee.jpg

Sadly, the branches of the azalea bush it is perched on is not bare due
to winter weather. Last year some insidious type of vine cropped up and
despite all my sweat equit, cutting and yanking them out from the
branches, the vines appear to have killed it. (Thankfully the vines
died, too.) The birds still perch there, though. :)

Jill <---in Southern South Carolina

Leon Fisk

Feb 4, 2024, 8:03:34 AMFeb 4
On Sat, 3 Feb 2024 16:29:06 -0500
jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net> wrote:

>Say hello to the black-capped chickadee's Southern cousin. :)
>
>https://i.postimg.cc/8P7Pj34f/carolina-chickadee.jpg

<snip>

They sure do look very similar (nice pic👍), though a bit different
song, Wasn't much into birding last time I was far enough south to have
recognized any. It was a very long time ago...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI