A Visitor :)

jmcquown

Nov 5, 2023, 8:42:02 AM11/5/23
Okay, it's not a bird but that is definitely a hummingbird feeder. :)

https://i.postimg.cc/JtVDW6F3/butterfly-feeder.jpg

A couple of years ago I saw a very similar butterfly sipping on one side
of the feeder while a hummer sipped from the other side. Unfortunately
I did not grab my camera in time to get that pic.

Jill <--in Southern South Carolina

Leon Fisk

Nov 5, 2023, 9:56:35 AM11/5/23
Pretty cool picture for late season. My feeling was probably a
Fritillary... Might be this one but seems like it may be a bit too far
north per the suggested range🤷

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_fritillary

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI

jmcquown

Nov 13, 2023, 6:29:25 PM11/13/23
I think it may well be a fritillary. There are lots of little yellow
butterflies still flitting around, too, but none of them try to sip from
the feeder.

Jill

jmcquown

Nov 19, 2023, 4:16:34 PM11/19/23
On 11/5/2023 9:56 AM, Leon Fisk wrote:
Another one (and there was an even smaller one but I didn't get a pic of
it):

https://i.postimg.cc/Y9CqtXGc/sipping-butterfly.jpg

Jill