Re: Birds will be renamed due to woke madness

Walter Duerson

Nov 2, 2023, 8:26:08 PM11/2/23
On 02 Nov 2023, bigdog <geowri...@gmail.com> posted some
news:9cf31183-aa46-4970...@googlegroups.com:

> https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/woke-madness-sees-dozens-of-us-birds-
> renamed-over-concerns-of-racism-and-misogyny/ar-AA1jh92e?ocid=msedgdhp&
> pc=U531&cvid=1d04da75c5d945ba9a7d671f882e320d&ei=97
>
> The American Ornithological Society is going to rename dozens of birds
> to give them names that are less racist and mysogonist and more
> inclusive. For example the yellow bellied sapsucker will become the
> Dylan Mulvaney cum sucker.

What will Democrats call their bird?

https://www.reddickmilitaria.com/images/products/0120-809-002.jpg

Wilson

Nov 3, 2023, 10:44:50 AM11/3/23

jmcquown

Nov 3, 2023, 6:04:54 PM11/3/23
On 11/3/2023 10:44 AM, Wilson wrote:
> On 11/2/2023 8:26 PM, Walter Duerson wrote:
>> On 02 Nov 2023, bigdog <geowri...@gmail.com> posted some

(snipped)

Did you really have to repost all that drivel simply to call out a
cross-posting troll?

OB Birds: It's November and I still have a female ruby throat
hummingbird hanging around. I think it's the same one who has
over-wintered here for the last two years. Most of my neighbors have
taken down their hummingbird feeders because they expect they've all
migrated by now. I've learned not to. :)

Jill in Southern South Carolina

Wilson

Nov 5, 2023, 10:22:42 AM11/5/23
Sorry! Did you really have to open it to see what the cross-poster said? You
need more fiber! lol

super70s

Nov 12, 2023, 11:26:38 AM11/12/23
On 2023-11-03 22:04:49 +0000, jmcquown said:

> On 11/3/2023 10:44 AM, Wilson wrote:
>> On 11/2/2023 8:26 PM, Walter Duerson wrote:
>>> On 02 Nov 2023, bigdog <geowri...@gmail.com> posted some
>>>
> (snipped)
>
> Did you really have to repost all that drivel simply to call out a
> cross-posting troll?

Turning lemons into lemonade a few years ago I ran across a book
listing in a book catalog I get that explains how a lot of birds got
their name. Some are obvious (hummingbird, woodpecker, cardinal) but
not always so (junco, vireo, oriole). It seemed interesting and I wish
I'd bought it now, possibly it's available on Amazon but I don't even
remember the book's name now.

jmcquown

Nov 13, 2023, 5:47:46 PM11/13/23
It would be interesting to know! Such as why a bird called a purple
finch is actually red. :)

Jill