killdeer eggs

songbird

Apr 12, 2021, 9:46:48 AM4/12/21
every spring i try to get some pictures of the eggs of the
pairs that try to nest here.

out back the same pair have returned for many years, they
are very tame birds and they hardly make any noise or get
upset when we are working in those areas. the killdeer didn't
even make a single peep or flutter when i took this pic.

thumbnail image:

https://www.anthive.com/img/killdeer/thm/DSC_20210410_085600-0400_846_Triplets_thm.jpg

larger image:

https://www.anthive.com/img/killdeer/DSC_20210410_085600-0400_846_Triplets.jpg

other past pics at:

https://www.anthive.com/project/killdeer/

songbird

Paul Drahn

Apr 12, 2021, 7:36:31 PM4/12/21
Great pictures! We love to watch the pair that nest around here. Last
year there were three all together for a long time. Then just two. I
guess the third gave up!

Paul

songbird

Apr 13, 2021, 8:47:58 AM4/13/21
Paul Drahn wrote:
> On 4/12/2021 6:46 AM, songbird wrote:
>> every spring i try to get some pictures of the eggs of the
>> pairs that try to nest here.
>>
>> out back the same pair have returned for many years, they
>> are very tame birds and they hardly make any noise or get
>> upset when we are working in those areas. the killdeer didn't
>> even make a single peep or flutter when i took this pic.
>>

>> thumbnail image:
>>
>> https://www.anthive.com/img/killdeer/thm/DSC_20210410_085600-0400_846_Triplets_thm.jpg
>>

>> larger image:
>>
>> https://www.anthive.com/img/killdeer/DSC_20210410_085600-0400_846_Triplets.jpg
>>

>> other past pics at:
>>
>> https://www.anthive.com/project/killdeer/
> Great pictures! We love to watch the pair that nest around here. Last
> year there were three all together for a long time. Then just two. I
> guess the third gave up!

thanks! :) i think they are such beautiful birds along
with them returning each year to the same spot so it is
much more personal to be able to get to know the birds as
individuals.

i've often seen that too and wonder if it may be a family
member. we have sometimes had three nests going in various
places around the gardens here, but not all are fenced and
those not in the fence often get raided by raccoons/etc. :(

this season i've managed to keep the grackles from hanging
out much so that is a very nice change.

songbird