A Common Sparrow

1 view

jmcquown

Feb 9, 2024, 1:28:08 PMFeb 9
Lots of birds flitting around today! Here's a common sparrow:

https://i.postimg.cc/Wp9sM7fB/sparrow.jpg

and a Tufted Titmouse enjoying a splash in the shallow birdbath:

https://i.postimg.cc/05Gc3Wq4/titmouse-bath.jpg

Jill

Leon Fisk

Feb 9, 2024, 2:07:36 PMFeb 9
On Fri, 9 Feb 2024 13:27:59 -0500
jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net> wrote:

>Lots of birds flitting around today! Here's a common sparrow:
>
>https://i.postimg.cc/Wp9sM7fB/sparrow.jpg

Nice pics!

Guessing... kinda looks like a Chipping Sparrow😐

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Chipping_Sparrow/id

Really warm here. Hit 59F deg yesterday and was still 49 deg out when I
got up this morning. Think we set a new record overnight
high temp...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI

jmcquown

Feb 9, 2024, 2:22:35 PMFeb 9
On 2/9/2024 2:07 PM, Leon Fisk wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Feb 2024 13:27:59 -0500
> jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Lots of birds flitting around today! Here's a common sparrow:
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/Wp9sM7fB/sparrow.jpg
>
> Nice pics!

Thanks!

> Guessing... kinda looks like a Chipping Sparrow😐
>
> https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Chipping_Sparrow/id
>
> Really warm here. Hit 59F deg yesterday and was still 49 deg out when I
> got up this morning. Think we set a new record overnight
> high temp...

Chipping, common, they look pretty much the same to me.

It's in the 60's down here and I have the windows open.

Jill