Yellow-Rumped Warbler (pic)

jmcquown

Jan 21, 2024, 11:33:47 AMJan 21
It's bitterly cold for the Beaufort, South Carolina area so the feeder
and a scattering of the excess seed on the patio has attracted a large
number of different birds today.

https://i.postimg.cc/FKVrWJTv/yellow-rumped1.jpg

There was a male red-bellied woodpecker eating seed off the cement
patio. This despite a suet cake hanging nearby. I don't think I've
ever seen a woodpecker eating off the cement (or even the ground)
before. Alas, the camera battery crapped out and I had to put the
camera on the charger so I didn't get a photo of it.

There was also a brilliant yellow bird. It's way too early for Gold
Finches. Again, didn't get a photo because the camera was on the charger.

I'm having a hard time with batteries not holding a charge for the
Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS70. The camera is only about 3 years old but the
batteries drain very quickly. It always happens when really interesting
bird pic opportunities present themselves. :(

Jill <---in Southern South Carolina