Re: dog days

jmcquown

Jul 29, 2023, 7:25:48 PM7/29/23
On 7/29/2023 6:25 PM, super70s wrote:
> I've given up putting seed and suet out the past few weeks, the usual
> suspects don't come around much. Guess they find plenty of food out
> there somewhere.
>
> Not so with the hummers -- I have two tube feeders hanging at the edge
> of my carport and I have to refill at least one of them once a day!

The hummingbirds are always thirsty and I keep the saucer feeder filled.
:) They engage in arial battles over it. Sometimes they hover in front
of me at the window. Yes? Hello!

I don't fill the seed feeder in the summer but always keep the bird bath
filled with water. That attracts a lot of birds to come around for a
drink and to splash around. Cardinals, chickadees, tufted titmice,
purple and red and house finches, the occasional mourning doves.
Sometimes I see a bird I don't recognise but it's always fun to see them
enjoying a dip in the water. :)

Jill

super70s

Jul 31, 2023, 10:09:05 PM7/31/23
On 2023-07-29 23:25:39 +0000, jmcquown said:

> On 7/29/2023 6:25 PM, super70s wrote:
>> I've given up putting seed and suet out the past few weeks, the usual
>> suspects don't come around much. Guess they find plenty of food out
>> there somewhere.
>>
>> Not so with the hummers -- I have two tube feeders hanging at the edge
>> of my carport and I have to refill at least one of them once a day!
>
> The hummingbirds are always thirsty and I keep the saucer feeder
> filled. :) They engage in arial battles over it. Sometimes they hover
> in front of me at the window. Yes? Hello!

Yeah they seem to be fearless not only of each other but even humans.
Sometimes I'll be standing close to one of the feeders and one will
buzz up within a foot of my head, as if to "shoo" me away, lol.