Please identify these two birds.
Does this happen in the animal world?
Thanks.
Khalid

Leon Fisk

未读,
2021年6月25日 16:54:082021/6/25
收件人
Most likely this is some kind of Cuckoo. Some Cuckoo's lay their eggs
in the nests of other birds. Which then hatch and raise them. It is a
type of Parasitism...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuckoo#Brood_parasitism

https://www.google.com/search?sa=G&hl=en_US&q=cuckoos&tbm=isch

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI

dr.kr...@gmail.com

未读,
2021年6月25日 17:09:372021/6/25
收件人
Thanks for your response. It sure looks like a cuckoo. The cuckoo chick is so much bigger than the smaller parent bird! Here in Ohio, Cowbirds are involved in parasitism. BTW, what bird is the smaller one?
Khalid

Leon Fisk

未读,
2021年6月25日 17:37:472021/6/25
收件人
On Fri, 25 Jun 2021 14:09:36 -0700 (PDT)
"dr.kr...@gmail.com" <dr.kr...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Thanks for your response. It sure looks like a cuckoo. The cuckoo chick is so much bigger than the smaller parent bird! Here in Ohio, Cowbirds are involved in parasitism. BTW, what bird is the smaller one?

Just a wild guess, but maybe Reed Warbler...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acrocephalus_(bird)

https://www.google.com/search?q=reed+warbler+feeding+cuckoo&sclient=img

dr.kr...@gmail.com

未读,
2021年6月25日 17:55:062021/6/25
收件人
This bird is wagging its tail constantly. Do the reed warblers wag their tail?
Take care.
Khalid

Leon Fisk

未读,
2021年6月25日 18:06:252021/6/25
收件人
On Fri, 25 Jun 2021 14:55:05 -0700 (PDT)
"dr.kr...@gmail.com" <dr.kr...@gmail.com> wrote:

>This bird is wagging its tail constantly. Do the reed warblers wag their tail?
>Take care.

I'm way out of my area of knowledge here, don't think those bird are
in the US. The shape and actions are wren and warbler like, which is
what got me this far ;-) You could do a youtube search on Reed Warbler
and see if it acts similar...

Leon Fisk

未读,
2021年6月25日 18:08:502021/6/25
收件人
On Fri, 25 Jun 2021 14:55:05 -0700 (PDT)
"dr.kr...@gmail.com" <dr.kr...@gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>
>This bird is wagging its tail constantly. Do the reed warblers wag their tail?
>Take care.

Way out of my knowledge base with this. Don't think those birds are
here in the US. It has the gist of a Wren or Warbler, which is what got
me this far guessing ;-) Maybe try doing a youtube search on Reed
Warbler and see if looks and acts similar...

jmcquown

未读,
2021年6月25日 19:03:462021/6/25
收件人
I'm wondering why this poster (in Ohio?) keeps seeing all these odd birds.

Jill

dr.kr...@gmail.com

未读,
2021年6月25日 20:59:362021/6/25
收件人
I am not seeing these odd birds in Ohio. People post it on WhatsApp, and some get forwarded to me also. It was all sitting with me unresolved for sometime until I found this forum. All the people here have been very helpful.
Thanks.
Khalid

jmcquown

未读,