Mountain Bike

R R

Jul 28, 2003, 10:35:01 AM7/28/03
I have a relatively inexpensive Mountain Bike I bought several years ago for
pleasure riding.
Question is, could a cheap mountain bike handle real mountains and tough
terrain? The last thing I want to do is be stuck carrying my bike home when
I'm far from it.

Cheers,

Remo Rosati, author
DIVINE INTERVENTION
http://www15.brinkster.com/div2003
Now available at over 50,000 bookstores

Luigi de Guzman

Jul 28, 2003, 12:45:06 PM7/28/03
"R R" <newno...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<sdaVa.1318$mv6.2...@news20.bellglobal.com>...

> I have a relatively inexpensive Mountain Bike I bought several years ago for
> pleasure riding.
> Question is, could a cheap mountain bike handle real mountains and tough
> terrain? The last thing I want to do is be stuck carrying my bike home when
> I'm far from it.

how "real" are the mountains, how "tough" the terrain?

If you posted specs. for your bike, people might be able to tell you....

-Luigi