Mountain Bike

R R

Aug 2, 2003, 9:05:01 PM8/2/03
I have a relatively inexpensive Mountain Bike I bought several years ago
for
pleasure riding.
Question is, could a cheap mountain bike handle real mountains and tough
terrain? The last thing I want to do is be stuck carrying my bike home when
I'm far from it.

Cheers,

Remo Rosati, author
DIVINE INTERVENTION
http://www15.brinkster.com/div2003
Now available at over 50,000 bookstores

Ignatz Q. Mouse

Aug 3, 2003, 7:15:01 AM8/3/03

Depends. There be good bikes for low $$$ and lousy bikes for high $$$$.
Perhaps you can find a name/model and material sticker on the frame.
Also, helpful what kind of group it's outfitted with, Shimano XTR, XT,
LX, etc.

Lastly, pose the question under rec.bicycles.tech

I'm still bombing around on a 10 year old Cannondale Delta V600
(hardtail with the early headshock, about 1" of suspention, upfront) it
does quite well on real mountains, despite having been bought when I
rode the flat-as-pancake trails of the Saginaw Valley.