"Triplets of Bellevue"

Bike Doc

Jan 17, 2004, 12:04:07 AM1/17/04
I just saw the new animated movie "Triplets of Bellevue".
The movie is based on a young boy that grows up to race in the Tour de
France.
It is a comedy and is outstanding. One of the best cycling films to come out
in a long time.

--
Bike Doc

www.vcrbiketeam.org

Remove (No Spam) from all replies.

Newsgroup replies and postings are for
entertainment purposes only.

Bike Doc

Jan 17, 2004, 12:19:30 AM1/17/04
Sorry that should be The Triplets of Belleville

--
Bike Doc

www.vcrbiketeam.org

Remove (No Spam) from all replies.

Newsgroup replies and postings are for
entertainment purposes only.

"Bike Doc" <BikeDoc(NoSpam)1...@attbi.com> wrote in message

Bestest Handsander

Jan 17, 2004, 11:05:48 AM1/17/04
Where is it playing? Just on the coast, or will it make it to "flyover"
country?

Dan Connelly

Jan 17, 2004, 2:15:14 PM1/17/04
Bestest Handsander wrote:
> Where is it playing? Just on the coast, or will it make it to "flyover"
> country?

http://movies.yahoo.com

Ewoud Dronkert

Jan 18, 2004, 2:11:38 PM1/18/04
On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 19:15:14 GMT, Dan Connelly wrote:
> http://movies.yahoo.com

Also check out alt.binaries.movies.divx right now.

Dan Gregory

Jan 18, 2004, 3:16:24 PM1/18/04
The DVD comes out in a few days time....
All the best
Dan Gregory

Dan Gregory

Jan 18, 2004, 3:28:17 PM1/18/04
The DVD comes out in a few days time....see www.amazon.co.uk

Tom Kunich

Jan 18, 2004, 5:29:59 PM1/18/04
Let me say this about the film - while it was definitely interesting, it is
about as much a bicycle movie as was Harold and Maud.

There is essentially no speach so the fact that it is mostly in French makes
no difference. The version I saw was "dubbed" which means that TWO sentences
were in English.

It is a cartoon with very stylized characterizations and some of them are
shockingly accurate such as the bicyclists laying along the road gasping
like fish out of the water.

Surely the producer/director was a bicycle racing fan from the late 50's or
so.

I was glad to go see it but I wouldn't see it a second time.

Tom

Howard Kveck

Jan 18, 2004, 8:26:11 PM1/18/04
In article <HNDOb.17788$zj7....@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
"Tom Kunich" <cycl...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Let me say this about the film - while it was definitely interesting, it is
> about as much a bicycle movie as was Harold and Maud.

But "Harold and Maude" had a mid-sixties Jaguar XKE hearse. You don't
see that every day, do ya?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067185/

--
tanx,
Howard

Said you hit Roddy Piper, and didn't get a hassle,
Promised your girl filet mignon, then took her to White Castle!
LL Cool J

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Jym Dyer

Jan 19, 2004, 11:30:07 AM1/19/04
> ... it is about as much a bicycle movie as was Harold
> and Maud.

=v= How many movies can boast the following:

o Someone finding his/her true calling, liberty, joy,
and (*ahem!*) optimal physique with a bicycle?

o Someone truing a wheel at the dinner table?

o A bicycle-powered record player?

o The absolute pinnacle of computer-generated imaging, finally
being used for the noblest purpose possible: animating the
movements of bicycles?

o Le Tour?

o A butcher's shop window display featuring a moving
stuffed pig on a bicycle with tires made from links
of sausages?

o A snippet from Jacques Tati's _Jour_de_Fête_?

> I was glad to go see it but I wouldn't see it a second time.

=v= I saw it twice, each time surrounded by bike freeeks. :^)
<_Jym_>

Jym Dyer

Jan 19, 2004, 11:32:31 AM1/19/04
> But "Harold and Maude" had a mid-sixties Jaguar XKE hearse.
> You don't see that every day, do ya?

=v= I love movies where trees get saved and cars get smashed.
But that's just me. :^)
<_Jym_>

Dane Jackson

Jan 22, 2004, 7:25:48 PM1/22/04
In rec.bicycles.soc Jym Dyer <j...@econet.org> wrote:

>> I was glad to go see it but I wouldn't see it a second time.

> =v= I saw it twice, each time surrounded by bike freeeks. :^)

My wife went and saw it last night (and quite enjoyed it). One comment
she made was that there were a number of things in the films she would
not have understand or found amusing a couple years ago. i.e. Before I
would babble on endlessly about bicycle things to her.

--
Dane Jackson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g
1) If a programmer's modification of an existing program

g.daniels

Jan 23, 2004, 11:43:02 AM1/23/04
the dog has more character than most people i know

Tom Kunich

Jan 23, 2004, 9:12:14 PM1/23/04
"g.daniels" <data...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> the dog has more character than most people i know

Then don't post like that and maybe you'll find some friends who aren't
animated cartoons. And since when did Henry go out with you?

g.daniels

Jan 24, 2004, 12:07:48 PM1/24/04
when the birds came through the dappled morning sunlight

g.daniels

Jan 24, 2004, 12:08:59 PM1/24/04
the pig has more character than most people i know