flat bar bike and road bike

moon

Aug 4, 2003, 6:14:01 PM8/4/03
i am looking at a fuji shiloette and a ibex corrida flat bar bike.

they are both 27 speeds and have 700c x 26 tires.

even v-brakes, are they really road bikes or just a mtn bike with road bike
drive train and no suspension system

i have a hardtail mtn bike now, was interested in road riding, but i don't
know if i can handle the position

thanks

Aug 4, 2003, 10:57:37 PM8/4/03

"moon" <mo...@nospamforme.com> wrote in message

FWIW
I have a Specialized Sirrus Comp, which is a flat bar model. I love it.
Super light, nice ride, but more upright than typical road bars...much
easier on the back...much slower on the downhills though...I always feel
like I want to bend forward to reduce the wind.

Brian

Peter

Aug 5, 2003, 12:16:29 PM8/5/03
Hi Brian. This may sound corny but it works great for me. I put aero
bars on my mtb I use for road riding. They're great for relaxed
riding, riding into the wind or downhill. The difference is
phenomenal. I've seen a few other riders do the same thing. Hope this
helps. Peter.

Dave

Aug 7, 2003, 1:05:42 PM8/7/03
"moon" <mo...@nospamforme.com> wrote in message news:<MHOdnZfMeMb...@comcast.com>...

Hey,
I am also a convert from the world of hardtail mtn biking to road
biking, and at first i was worried about what seemed like a very
uncomfertable position. Road bikes are actaully pretty comfertable, I
find my self cruising on the bullhorns without any feeling of fatigue
in my lower back, it all has to do with how well the bike was set up.
Any local bike store can set you up properly, things to keep in mind
is where you are sitting on the saddle, saddle angle, the drop from
saddle to bars, and make sure you don't get a bike thats too
long/short both on the top tube and seat tube, among other things,
this (when the seat is too high) could cause your hips to rock as you
pedal which is bad. Give it a shot, I'm sure you won't feel too bad.
If the road position really was that uncomfertable how are riders
suposed to endure 3000+ miles for 3 weeks straight in the TdF?
--
Dave

Chalo

Aug 7, 2003, 9:19:03 PM8/7/03
sky...@hotmail.com (Dave) wrote:

> If the road position really was that uncomfertable how are riders
> suposed to endure 3000+ miles for 3 weeks straight in the TdF?

Really good drugs. ;-D

Chalo