not funny

AMuzi

Dec 14, 2023, 8:41:37 PM12/14/23
Comedian dies after having been hit 8 December on a bicycle.

https://realdealnews.org/2023/12/14/beloved-stand-up-comedian-dead-at-37-after-being-struck-by-car-video/
--
Andrew Muzi
a...@yellowjersey.org

John B.

Dec 14, 2023, 9:08:19 PM12/14/23
On Thu, 14 Dec 2023 19:41:34 -0600, AMuzi <a...@yellowjersey.org> wrote:

>Comedian dies after having been hit 8 December on a bicycle.
>
>https://realdealnews.org/2023/12/14/beloved-stand-up-comedian-dead-at-37-after-being-struck-by-car-video/

Has there been any actual description of what happened.

All the reports I read said only that he was hit by a car and then
switch to what a wonderful guy he was and about collecting money to
pay medical bills.

--
Cheers,

John B.

Frank Krygowski

Dec 14, 2023, 11:14:28 PM12/14/23
I'm interested in details of car-bike crashes, so I read a lot of
articles reporting crashes yielding serious or fatal injuries. Only a
tiny portion of the articles give any really useful information.

--
- Frank Krygowski

AMuzi

Dec 15, 2023, 9:09:28 AM12/15/23
Couldn't find it.

Car hit bicycle or ebike/scooter hit pedestrian are so
voluminous they wouldn't normally be reported unless fatal.

AMuzi

Dec 15, 2023, 9:12:48 AM12/15/23
Much agreed.
And virtually never bicycle brand/model .

Roger Merriman

Dec 15, 2023, 4:14:01 PM12/15/23
Fairly significant brain injury if they did removed or drilled a hole, as
they generally err on side of caution now ie don’t touch unless they have
to, ie do no harm and doing so always does.

Doesn’t mean the impact was for example, in my experience huge range of
outcomes and variables. Ie some folks are significantly harmed from what
appears to be a minor injury and others walk off really significantly worse
injuries. Ie it’s hugely variable.

Roger Merriman

John B.

Dec 15, 2023, 6:06:28 PM12/15/23
I believe that we tend to get more details here as usually the report
will include what was reported to the police and as leaving the scene
of an accident is a fairly serious crime the Police usually do get the
story, at least as told by the auto driver.

There was recently a old guy got hit by a car and died. The woman that
hit him stated
to the police that she was driving down the highway and the bike
turned in front of her. The photo taken at the scene showed a bike
laying in the middle of a 6 lane highway where traffic would likely
have been traveling 100 km/h or faster.

As the accident is usually reported the day it happens the news seldom
reports blame as that is a matter yet to be determined by the police
at "Press Time".
--
Cheers,

John B.