Houston Taqueria Customer Shoots, Kills Armed Robber

Catrike Rider

Jan 8, 2023, 5:57:23 AM1/8/23

Here is the shocking footage from an attempted robbery at a local
restaurant earlier today. An unidentified customer shot the would-be
robber to death before he could get away with items he stole from
customers in the restaurant.

After putting the suspect down the unidentified customer returned the
stolen items to the other customers in the restaurant.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2023/01/07/houston-taqueria-customer-shoots-kills-armed-robber/

Sir Ridesalot

Jan 8, 2023, 7:27:08 AM1/8/23
Ah hell; I usually ignore your postings but...

Just for your information, this is a BICYCLING newsgroup not another gun forum. Why not take your gun stuff to a gun forum?

Cheers

Lou Holtman

Jan 8, 2023, 7:54:31 AM1/8/23
+1. Unbelievable.

Lou

Catrike Rider

Jan 8, 2023, 7:55:38 AM1/8/23
One of the longstanding members of this newsgroup has made guns an
issue after I casually mentioned that I carrry a gun on my bike. He
contunues to bring it up, arguing that my doing so is wrong.

OTOH, I continue to post about pure bicycle issues. I'm currently
rebuilding my 2009 Catrike's 1" headsets.

Catrike Rider

Jan 8, 2023, 7:58:24 AM1/8/23
I don't see you admonishing Krygowski for continuously demanding that
my carrying a gun on my bike be justified...

Lou Holtman

Jan 8, 2023, 8:36:48 AM1/8/23
So what is the purpose of your post. That it is OK to shoot somebody dead just to return money and then walk away just like that not even waiting for the police? What kind of shit show are you running over there. Again unbelievable.

Lou

Catrike Rider

Jan 8, 2023, 8:50:02 AM1/8/23
On Sun, 8 Jan 2023 05:36:46 -0800 (PST), Lou Holtman
The point is that it's not wise to try to rob people and that carrying
a gun can sometimes be beneficial. IMO, the shooter was wrong to have
not waited for police. There may soon be more innformation.

Lou Holtman

Jan 8, 2023, 10:23:41 AM1/8/23
That was a stupid action, he put the rest of the visitors of the restaurant at risk. A shoot out in a confined space, fucking idiot.

Lou

Catrike Rider

Jan 8, 2023, 10:34:21 AM1/8/23
On Sun, 8 Jan 2023 07:23:39 -0800 (PST), Lou Holtman
I don't necassarily diagree. There a guy sitting on the other side of
the room when he was pointing the gun. The video cuts out before he
fired, so it's not clear what was downrange when he did shoot. At any
rate, the crook will rob no more...

Tom Kunich

Jan 8, 2023, 10:40:46 AM1/8/23
This is easy to say when you live in a place where you don't have to face things like this every day. LA and San Francisco are now the most dangerous cities in the USA. Exactly where are illegals getting the money to buy new cars? Stop signs and stop lights mean absolutely nothing to them. You do everything right and carefully and still have your home or your car destroyed. No illegal will stay at the scene of an accident because they don't have any insurance. How can you get a new car and not have insurance on it?

I carefully awaited my turn and went across a 4 way intersection and as I passed in front of a car the lady simply pulled away without looking and hit me. I still have physical problems with that. Tell me Lou, what would you think if you were in a restaurant and a man came in and robbed everyone? He could just as easily done it with a knife or a baseball bat.

AMuzi

Jan 8, 2023, 11:05:06 AM1/8/23
+1
a happy ending.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

Frank Krygowski

Jan 8, 2023, 11:33:31 AM1/8/23
On 1/8/2023 10:40 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> On Sunday, January 8, 2023 at 4:54:31 AM UTC-8, Lou Holtman wrote:
>> On Sunday, January 8, 2023 at 1:27:08 PM UTC+1, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
>>>

>>> Just for your information, this is a BICYCLING newsgroup not another gun forum. Why not take your gun stuff to a gun forum?
>>>
>>> Cheers
>> +1. Unbelievable.
>>
>> Lou
> This is easy to say when you live in a place where you don't have to face things like this every day.

"Every day" is bullshit, and is the type of paranoia that drives
America's gun insanity. None of us face armed robberies every day, and I
suspect none of us has experienced it even once. The worst we've read
here was that one elderly guy riding a tricycle had his shirt ripped on
one ride. So now he's prepared to kill.

Fear mongering, paranoia, and cowboy fantasies. Weird.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Lou Holtman

Jan 8, 2023, 11:43:05 AM1/8/23
On Sunday, January 8, 2023 at 5:05:06 PM UTC+1, AMuzi wrote:
> On 1/8/2023 4:57 AM, Catrike Rider wrote:
> >
> > Here is the shocking footage from an attempted robbery at a local
> > restaurant earlier today. An unidentified customer shot the would-be
> > robber to death before he could get away with items he stole from
> > customers in the restaurant.
> >
> > After putting the suspect down the unidentified customer returned the
> > stolen items to the other customers in the restaurant.
> >
> > https://www.breitbart.com/border/2023/01/07/houston-taqueria-customer-shoots-kills-armed-robber/
> >
> +1
> a happy ending.

You disappoint me again Andrew.

Lou

Tom Kunich

Jan 8, 2023, 11:47:59 AM1/8/23
So it is your position that armed robbers should be left to their own devices?

Lou Holtman

Jan 8, 2023, 11:51:03 AM1/8/23
On Sunday, January 8, 2023 at 4:40:46 PM UTC+1, Tom Kunich wrote:

> Tell me Lou, what would you think if you were in a restaurant and a man came in and robbed everyone? He could just as easily done it with a knife or a baseball bat.

I hand over my money. I am not shooting anyone with a high risk of killing him and hurting innocent people for a lousy amount of money. Both robber and shooter are idiots. Are you prepared to shoot a dum kid who is trying to steal a 'package of chewing gum'.

Lou

Lou Holtman

Jan 8, 2023, 11:52:58 AM1/8/23
What kind of stupid question is that?

Lou

Sepp Ruf

Jan 8, 2023, 12:04:00 PM1/8/23
Would you agree on not opening new threads for recent topics gone
off-bicycle, and on at least marking new titles void of any bicycle-tech
with an [OT] tag?

> You disappoint me again Andrew.

Lou, after repeatedly commenting in disgust about off-topic Texas
cowboyism, why don't you inform us how great the disarmed Dutch are
fighting WEF terrorism, and the murderous NW African immigrant mafia who
frightened your princess back into residing in the palace?

Catrike Rider

Jan 8, 2023, 12:09:18 PM1/8/23
It's a shame not to be prepared, and making my gun carrying device was
a fun project. I like making things.

https://tinyurl.com/2g8rfcnh

https://tinyurl.com/2tptz6k7

fits in a bottle cage,

Catrike Rider

Jan 8, 2023, 12:10:49 PM1/8/23
Yes, if he's waving a gun at me.

Catrike Rider

Jan 8, 2023, 12:20:27 PM1/8/23
On Sun, 8 Jan 2023 18:03:58 +0100, Sepp Ruf <inq...@Safe-mail.net>
wrote:
Without off-topic posts, this Usenet group would be DTTW (dead to the
world) like all the other bicycle related Usenet groups.

Lou Holtman

Jan 8, 2023, 12:24:53 PM1/8/23
WEF (?). I think the proper authorities are dealing with the issues. It would not help if I would carry a gun in restaurants or while cycling.

Lou

AMuzi

Jan 8, 2023, 1:06:23 PM1/8/23
Technically, 'every day' is correct.

Recent partial year 587 shooting incidents in Oakland - more
than one per day - with 133 fatal (one per 2.7 days)

https://oaklandside.org/2021/12/23/2021-oakland-deadliest-year-since-2006-homicides-shootings-gun-violence/

Frank Krygowski

Jan 8, 2023, 2:08:40 PM1/8/23
On 1/8/2023 12:24 PM, Lou Holtman wrote:

> WEF (?). I think the proper authorities are dealing with the issues. It would not help if I would carry a gun in restaurants or while cycling.

One of the foundations of modern society is the delegation of violent
response to proper authorities. It's one of the main reasons the murder
rate has gradually fallen in historic times.

American cowboy fantasies ignore that fact, as well as many other facts.
"Good guy with a gun" fantasies are proven wrong far more than correct.
Police have intensive training. Gun nuts have daydreams and fantasies.
They are not equivalent.

And I just shake my head at the cowards who imagine they need a gun for
activities as peaceful as a bike path ride, a folk music concert, a
picnic among friends, a hike in the woods - all situations I've
encountered or heard of.

Such cowardice!

--
- Frank Krygowski

Frank Krygowski

Jan 8, 2023, 2:16:14 PM1/8/23
I have a friend who bicycled to work almost daily for his entire 35+
year career. As it happens, there are some sketchy people in one of the
neighborhoods he rides through. Still, in all that time, there was only
one evening he was accosted.

There was no gun involved, but the punk came up to him while he was
stopped and demanded his wallet. My friend gave it to him. The punk went
away.

What my friend actually gave him was his "mugger's wallet." It contained
about $5 and some expired credit cards. I'd never heard of that trick,
and never felt a need to prepare for it. But if a person is really
subject to serious risk, I think that makes much more sense than packing
a pistol and hoping to out-draw and shoot an attacker.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Frank Krygowski

Jan 8, 2023, 2:26:38 PM1/8/23
Sorry, Tom did _not_ face an armed robbery every day. If he had
experienced even one, there's no doubt he would have given us all the
gory details, as well as explained why Obama and Biden caused it. He
apparently lives near where there's gang activity and domestic violence.
Neither should be likely to involve him.

And again, he doesn't have to "face things like that." Oakland may be a
hell hole (I don't really know), but this is America and Tom says he's
rich. He can move out of that hell hole.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Catrike Rider

Jan 8, 2023, 2:38:46 PM1/8/23
Says the funny little dweeb who's afraid to wear a helmet or use SPD
pedals.

Catrike Rider

Jan 8, 2023, 2:42:46 PM1/8/23
Krygowski can make up a "I have a friend" story for every situation,
but I must thank him for finally admitting that a bicyclist can be
attacked..

Catrike Rider

Jan 8, 2023, 3:05:47 PM1/8/23
I should also add that I'm not the least bit interested in what
Krygowski thinks might make more sense.

<LOL> I should also say that I don't plan on outdrawing anyone.

There seems to be no limit to Krygowski's fantasies..

Catrike Rider

Jan 8, 2023, 3:14:50 PM1/8/23
Krygowski lives in a lilly-white neighborhood, and it seems that he
seldom leaves it on a bicycle these days..

AMuzi

Jan 8, 2023, 3:28:34 PM1/8/23
Hmmm.

Along with delegation of children's education, issuance and
management of the currency, drug regulation and so on. Such
a great track record!

Catrike Rider

Jan 8, 2023, 3:35:16 PM1/8/23
Someone attacks me or mine, with a gun or otherwise, I become the
"proper authority," as I have a right to do...

AMuzi

Jan 8, 2023, 3:35:54 PM1/8/23
As with dogs, the situation can go various ways. Suddenly.

Hand over the cash, you say? She did that, just a year ago
tomorrow:

https://nypost.com/2022/01/09/teen-gunned-down-while-working-shift-at-nyc-burger-king-cops/

He turned and shot her dead on the way out the door.
(I remembered it because an old friend lives just a couple
of blocks away).

Too bad no one interfered early when he punched the other
woman in the face. But no, no one wants to 'get involved' in
a fistfight with an armed maniac. They just called 911 as
she lay dying and waited around for a while. Great plan!

Tom Kunich

Jan 8, 2023, 4:00:08 PM1/8/23
Lou still lives in a country that hasn't seen its share of real terrorism yet. I understand his position since he has never been in such a position. And I also wouldn't ask him to use his imagination because at the moment it happens, people react completely differently from what they imagine. I was an engineer and it never would have occurred to me that when attacked by a man half my age I would ask him to stop and then send him to the hospital probably with permanent injuries.

So at times surface values disappear and core values kick in.

Tom Kunich

Jan 8, 2023, 4:17:56 PM1/8/23
In Oakland, 7th graders have basic reading and math skills of a 4th grader. On TV the reporters showed the section of road caved in. So why didn't they show a half mile up the road where 200 yards of road are missing entirely? They were in a helicopter and could see it plainly. Yet they never took a close up. The same with Niles Canyon. They showed an easily cleaned up mudslide but not the avalanche. What I should do is if Krygowski says I should move again is to move to Poland, OH and drop by and kick his cowardly ass every day for the rest of his life. After all, it's his idea.

Frank Krygowski

Jan 8, 2023, 4:46:50 PM1/8/23
:-) Internet threats. So manly!

Tom, if you were really a man, you wouldn't continue whining and
wallowing in self pity. You'd do something about your situation.

--
- Frank Krygowski

John B.

Jan 8, 2023, 5:36:34 PM1/8/23
On Sun, 08 Jan 2023 14:28:32 -0600, AMuzi <a...@yellowjersey.org> wrote:

I would contest Frank's statement that " Police have intensive
training. Gun nuts have daydreams and fantasies."

I was a gun nut and I had extensive training - won two state pistol
championships. And I have seen police, both military and police
qualifying at the range. As a general statement really bad shooting.
--
Cheers,

John B.

John B.

Jan 8, 2023, 5:50:09 PM1/8/23
Yet more of tu-tu Frankie's fantasies.

I was a "gun nut" and I had extensive training, sufficient at least to
win two state championships. And, I have watched police both civilian
and military qualifying at the range and I could outshoot any of them
and did, as I also won - setting a new record - at a Maine State
Police championship.

And, I might add, I'm hardly unique for a "gun nut" as in 2021 there
were some 900m contestants at the National pistol matches at Camp
Perry.
https://thecmp.org/new-events-and-competitors-pack-cmps-2021-camp-perry-national-pistol-matches/

Once again the battle between fact and fancy.
--
Cheers,

John B.

John B.

Jan 8, 2023, 5:59:35 PM1/8/23
Yet, even have 6 year old kids shooting their teachers
https://apnews.com/article/teaching-education-newport-news-virginia-2db4662a6d9f711c5bcd27b6142570a8

But, of course, according the pink tutu Frankie this is "Fear
mongering and paranoia".

Or, to put it another way, the battle between facts and fancy.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Catrike Rider

Jan 8, 2023, 6:03:18 PM1/8/23
On Mon, 09 Jan 2023 05:36:25 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Frank is big on "training." He seems to believe that no one can do
anything unless they've been taught. There's been circumstances that
disprove that, even with guns, such as Annie Oakley and her husband,
Frank E. Butler.

Many others, including myself, have self taught ourselves various
skills. Krygowski doesn't believe that, so I assume that hasn't done
it, himself.

John B.

Jan 8, 2023, 6:29:29 PM1/8/23
Yes, I remember Frankie's story about a student that said that Frank
"taught them to learn", or words to that effect.

I find this a bit bizarre as one of my neighbor's wife had a baby
about a year ago and to date, the little fellow has "learned" not to
pee in his pants, "learned" to walk erect and is even "learning" to
talk.

All without Frankie's teaching.

--
Cheers,

John B.

Catrike Rider

Jan 8, 2023, 6:36:08 PM1/8/23
On Mon, 09 Jan 2023 06:29:20 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
According to Frank, you can't even learn without being taught to
learn?

>I find this a bit bizarre as one of my neighbor's wife had a baby
>about a year ago and to date, the little fellow has "learned" not to
>pee in his pants, "learned" to walk erect and is even "learning" to
>talk.
>
>All without Frankie's teaching.

I learned to ride a two-wheeler all by myself. Did some serious damage
to the basket on my older sisters bike in the process.

John B.

Jan 8, 2023, 6:48:52 PM1/8/23
On Sun, 08 Jan 2023 18:36:03 -0500, Catrike Rider
Even dogs learn to ride a bicycle :-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5rReWngCuU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCUF1C1hecw

And amazingly, without Frankie's help.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Frank Krygowski

Jan 8, 2023, 10:31:29 PM1/8/23
We can discuss each of those. Please begin by proposing your
alternative. Mogadishu, perhaps?

--
- Frank Krygowski

Frank Krygowski

Jan 8, 2023, 10:33:24 PM1/8/23
For a person who's not interested in what I say, you spend a lot of time
arguing against what I've said.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Frank Krygowski

Jan 8, 2023, 10:43:44 PM1/8/23
Situations like that are chaotic, and I'm not claiming that giving the
armed punk money always guarantees one's safety. But if we are to
discuss strategy, we can't base our judgment on just one example of the
situation. After all, my one good example is just as valid as your bad
example. A logical approach would consist of examining much more data.

And again, Andrew, I'm wondering what alternative you propose. Should
everyone working at Burger King get training with an AR-15? Should my
friend really have carried a gun for 35+ years, even though it was never
needed? Should we really keep flooding America with guns, and pretending
that punks will never get one and misuse it?

I'm really curious what you would have done if you'd have been present.
The punk came in with his pistol drawn. He first used it to pistol whip
a patron. OK, it's your move; what do you do?

--
- Frank Krygowski

Frank Krygowski

Jan 8, 2023, 11:03:44 PM1/8/23
I don't doubt that a dedicated amateur can outshoot a typical policeman
at a target range. But police training includes far, far more than just
putting a bullet into a target. Among other things, cops learn details
of the relevant laws that many gun nuts don't know. More important, if
they do get a proper education in at least a proper police academy,
they'll get training in how to control a situation _without_ drawing
their firearm. They'll learn about assessing the mental state of a
subject, judging the risks and results of various control strategies,
and even psychological moves that can be used to calm or control a
person. They may even get "shoot or don't shoot" training with simulated
"active shooter" situations.

FWIW, one of my best friends is an ex-cop and a Professor Emeritus in
Criminal Justice. He served for years on the board of the local police
academy. He's told me a fair amount about what gets covered there.

You may be, and probably are, an excellent marksman. But I very much
doubt you've ever gotten any such training.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Frank Krygowski

Jan 8, 2023, 11:10:01 PM1/8/23
The paranoia is that someone taking a bike ride on a bike path needs a
handgun for self defense. John, do you carry a handgun when you ride?

--
- Frank Krygowski

Catrike Rider

Jan 9, 2023, 4:20:47 AM1/9/23
On Sun, 8 Jan 2023 22:33:21 -0500, Frank Krygowski
Actually, I've never argued with you except way back when you first
implied that I should take a bicycle riding course. Since then I've
recognised your narcissistic behavior and I simply make fun of you.

Catrike Rider

Jan 9, 2023, 4:38:36 AM1/9/23
Krygowski wants specific answers to mostly undefined situations. Not
a surprise judging from the stories he makes up about his pretend
friends.

John B.

Jan 9, 2023, 4:48:44 AM1/9/23
On Mon, 09 Jan 2023 04:20:43 -0500, Catrike Rider
And he uses such fictitious arguments. In defense of some of his more
ridicules statements he asked me whether I carried a gun when I went
riding.

I didn't reply to him but even someone entombed in Ohio might have
become aware the I don't live in the U.S. I live in Thailand and even
a cursory look will show that compared to the U.S. Thailand is a very
peaceful country, some 2-1/2 times more peaceful then the U.S.

So no requirement to carry a gun on a bicycle here.
--
Cheers,

John B.

John B.

Jan 9, 2023, 4:55:33 AM1/9/23
Well, there is a very simple solution to Frankie's mention of "keep
flooding America with guns". It's easy, just amend the Constitution of
the U.S. :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Catrike Rider

Jan 9, 2023, 5:00:55 AM1/9/23
Krygowski insists that he gets to define what other people need.

The paranoia is when a narcissistic dweeb like Krygowski fails to
recieve the respect and admiration he seeks.

Catrike Rider

Jan 9, 2023, 5:08:34 AM1/9/23
On Mon, 09 Jan 2023 16:48:34 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
wrote:
...and of course, I never claimed that carrying a gun on my bike rides
was a requirement. It's simply a precaution, just he claims carrying
pepper spray is a precaution. My precautionary efforts differ from
his, and he's having a wonderfully entertaining hissy fit about that.

Catrike Rider

Jan 9, 2023, 5:10:56 AM1/9/23
On Mon, 09 Jan 2023 16:55:24 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
wrote:
....right after hell freezes over.

Catrike Rider

Jan 9, 2023, 5:12:00 AM1/9/23
LEOs around here advocate citizen gun ownership, even so far as
conceal carry.

Catrike Rider

Jan 9, 2023, 5:19:27 AM1/9/23
People who show signs of narcissism can often be very charming and
charismatic. They often don’t show negative behavior right away,
especially in relationships. People who show narcissism often like to
surround themselves with people who feed into their ego. They build
relationships to reinforce their ideas about themselves, even if these
relationships are superficial.

Types of Narcissism

There are two different types of narcissism that narcissistic behavior
can fall under. The two types can have common traits but come from
different childhood experiences. The two types also dictate the
different ways people will behave in relationships.

Grandiose Narcissism

People with this behavior were most likely treated as if they were
superior or above others during childhood. These expectations can
follow them as they become adults. They tend to brag and be elitist.

Those with grandiose narcissism are aggressive, dominant, and
exaggerate their importance. They are very self-confident and aren’t
sensitive.

Vulnerable Narcissism

This behavior is usually the result of childhood neglect or abuse.
People with this behavior are much more sensitive. Narcissistic
behavior helps to protect them against feelings of inadequacy. Even
though they go between feeling inferior and superior to others, they
feel offended or anxious when others don’t treat them as if they’re
special.

Signs of Narcissism

Narcissism is still being studied and explored, since many narcissists
and people with NPD don’t seek treatment. However, there are some
common traits of people with narcissistic behavior that you may be
able to spot.

Sense of Entitlement

A common sign of people with narcissism is the belief that they are
superior to others and deserve special treatment. They believe that
others should be obedient to their wishes and that the rules don’t
apply to them.

Manipulative Behavior

Another common trait of narcissism is manipulative or controlling
behavior. A narcissist will at first try to please you and impress
you, but eventually, their own needs will always come first.

When relating to other people, narcissists will try to keep people at
a certain distance in order to maintain control. They may even exploit
others to gain something for themselves.

Need for Admiration

One of the most common signs of a narcissist is a constant need for
praise or admiration. People with this behavior need to feel
validation from others and often brag or exaggerate their
accomplishments for recognition. They also like to feel appreciated to
boost their ego.

Lack of Empathy

Lack of empathy is another sign of narcissism. This means that the
narcissist is unwilling or unable to empathize with the needs, wants,
or feelings of other people. This also makes it difficult for them to
take responsibility for their own behavior.

Arrogance

People with narcissistic behavior already see themselves as superior
to others, so they may become rude or abusive when they don’t receive
the treatment they think they deserve. While they hold themselves
superior, they may speak or act rudely toward those that they deem are
inferior.

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/narcissism-symptoms-signs

funkma...@hotmail.com

Jan 9, 2023, 6:14:21 AM1/9/23
nice description, did they show a picture of andre alongside it? They couldn't have given a more accurate description of the angry little irish troll.

AMuzi

Jan 9, 2023, 10:55:46 AM1/9/23
On 1/8/2023 9:31 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
> On 1/8/2023 3:28 PM, AMuzi wrote:

>>> One of the foundations of modern society is the delegation
>>> of violent response to proper authorities. It's one of the
>>> main reasons the murder rate has gradually fallen in
>>> historic times.
>>>
>>> American cowboy fantasies ignore that fact, as well as many
>>> other facts. "Good guy with a gun" fantasies are proven
>>> wrong far more than correct. Police have intensive training.
>>> Gun nuts have daydreams and fantasies. They are not
>>> equivalent.
>>>
>>> And I just shake my head at the cowards who imagine they
>>> need a gun for activities as peaceful as a bike path ride, a
>>> folk music concert, a picnic among friends, a hike in the
>>> woods - all situations I've encountered or heard of.
>>>
>>> Such cowardice!
>>>

>> Hmmm.
>>
>> Along with delegation of children's education, issuance
>> and management of the currency, drug regulation and so
>> on. Such a great track record!
>
> We can discuss each of those. Please begin by proposing your
> alternative. Mogadishu, perhaps?

Well, how's it going now?
https://www.aei.org/carpe-diem/more-on-the-phenomenal-eye-popping-success-of-success-academy-charter-schools-in-nyc/

I do have a positive starting point. Quoting the Agriculture
Minister of Kenya on ships docking with 'free' food and
bankrupting Kenyan farmers, "For the love of God, please stop."

AMuzi

Jan 9, 2023, 11:03:28 AM1/9/23
>> Hand over the cash, you say? She did that, just a year
>> ago tomorrow:
>>
>> https://nypost.com/2022/01/09/teen-gunned-down-while-working-shift-at-nyc-burger-king-cops/
>>

>> He turned and shot her dead on the way out the door.
>> (I remembered it because an old friend lives just a couple
>> of blocks away).
>>
>> Too bad no one interfered early when he punched the other
>> woman in the face. But no, no one wants to 'get involved'
>> in a fistfight with an armed maniac. They just called
>> 911 as she lay dying and waited around for a while.Â
>> Great plan!
>
> Situations like that are chaotic, and I'm not claiming that
> giving the armed punk money always guarantees one's safety.
> But if we are to discuss strategy, we can't base our
> judgment on just one example of the situation. After all, my
> one good example is just as valid as your bad example. A
> logical approach would consist of examining much more data.
>
> And again, Andrew, I'm wondering what alternative you
> propose. Should everyone working at Burger King get training
> with an AR-15? Should my friend really have carried a gun
> for 35+ years, even though it was never needed? Should we
> really keep flooding America with guns, and pretending that
> punks will never get one and misuse it?
>
> I'm really curious what you would have done if you'd have
> been present. The punk came in with his pistol drawn. He
> first used it to pistol whip a patron. OK, it's your move;
> what do you do?

First off (and I understand that you have virtually no
knowledge or experience with firearms) a rifle is a
particularly unwieldy defense weapon in close quarters. One
might say stupid actually. When I worked in Houston, most
liquor stores had shotguns under the counter (and sadly had
to use them) but a rifle? No way.

And yes, personal carry pistols are successfully used
defensively every day in USA. It's not a pleasant or ideal
situation but since there's virtually no other risk in
criminal use of (mostly stolen) firearms, it's a more
frequently necessary tactic now.

[note left wing source here]

https://abcnews.go.com/US/rise-gun-ownership-people-color/story?id=80008877

AMuzi

Jan 9, 2023, 11:08:26 AM1/9/23
Police do run the gamut from starry eyed do-gooders to thugs
with badges and they all wear the same uniform. As with any
large group, generalizations are fraught. But they are
certainly not all professional angels.

That said, your average firearm owner is equally varied.
Many (most?) live under seriously dangerous misconceptions
about the law and practical use. (TeeVee drama is not a good
way to understand anything, especially not firearms and
defense law).

Frank Krygowski

Jan 9, 2023, 12:00:43 PM1/9/23
Of course, as with any profession. But what I said about training is
still true of most of them. Specifically, they get trained in procedures
to use so they won't need to pull out their service weapon.

> That said, your average firearm owner is equally varied. Many (most?)
> live under seriously dangerous misconceptions about the law and
> practical use. (TeeVee drama is not a good way to understand anything,
> especially not firearms and defense law).

Agreed.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Frank Krygowski

Jan 9, 2023, 12:31:37 PM1/9/23
On 1/9/2023 10:55 AM, AMuzi wrote:
> On 1/8/2023 9:31 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:

>>> Hmmm.
>>>
>>> Along with delegation of children's education, issuance
>>> and management of the currency, drug regulation and so
>>> on. Such a great track record!
>>
>> We can discuss each of those. Please begin by proposing your
>> alternative. Mogadishu, perhaps?
>>

> Well, how's it going now?

https://www.aei.org/carpe-diem/more-on-the-phenomenal-eye-popping-success-of-success-academy-charter-schools-in-nyc/

Ohio has had a long romance with charter schools. "White Hat" was the
name of the company that administered many of them. Despite their
advertising claims, their schools did worse than the public schools.
Students did not learn better, teachers had lower incomes and no job
security, and company executives sucked in wealth.

I'm sure laws vary state by state, but here there have been complaints
that charter schools don't legally have to meet the same standards as
public schools. Also, when a student shifts from public to charter,
somehow or other (I forget details) the public school system loses an
excessive amount of state money, even more than the state subsidy when a
new student enters public school.

I'm sure there are examples of great charter schools. At the same time,
I know there are examples of great public schools. I don't think charter
schools are significantly better on average.

Have you read the chapter on school choice in _Freakonomics_? I think it
was in the first book of the series. It involved a rather elegant
"natural experiment," and concluded that the deciding factor was not the
school the kid attended; it was how much the parents cared about the kid
getting well educated.

> I do have a positive starting point. Quoting the Agriculture Minister of
> Kenya on ships docking with 'free' food and bankrupting Kenyan farmers,
> "For the love of God, please stop."

Stop all government? Mogadishu style?

--
- Frank Krygowski

Frank Krygowski

Jan 9, 2023, 12:44:36 PM1/9/23
On 1/9/2023 4:48 AM, John B. wrote:

> I didn't reply to him but even someone entombed in Ohio might have
> become aware the I don't live in the U.S. I live in Thailand and even
> a cursory look will show that compared to the U.S. Thailand is a very
> peaceful country, some 2-1/2 times more peaceful then the U.S.
>
> So no requirement to carry a gun on a bicycle here.

Obviously, I know you now live in Thailand. You've said so often enough.
And OK, so you don't carry a gun when you ride in Thailand.

Did you ride while living in the U.S.? Did you always carry a gun then?

I've known hundreds of U.S. bike riders. I've never known of any who
carried a gun. None are that paranoid. And some of my friends are
definitely gun owners. Several are cops or retired cops.

(I once knew a guy who, as I've described, was so timid as to carry a
gun to a folk music concert. That was a guy so fat that he had a special
rack to hold his guitar as he played it, because his belly was otherwise
in the way. I suppose he figured he couldn't waddle away from a scary
person - but other heftier people manage without weaponry.)

John, have you been back to the U.S. recently? Did you carry a gun for
other activities, like walking? Shopping? Driving?

Why is it that bicycling attracts such "Danger! Danger!" paranoia?

--
- Frank Krygowski

Frank Krygowski

Jan 9, 2023, 12:49:47 PM1/9/23
I agree, a shotgun under the counter would certainly be more practical
than a rifle. I'll allow that substitution. So:

Should everyone working at Burger King get training with a shotgun? And
should every Burger King have at least one shotgun at hand? Really?

That's not most people's vision of a civilized society.

And since you complained about others' lack of action, let me repeat:
What you would have done if you'd have been present. The punk came in
with his pistol drawn. He first used it to pistol whip a patron. OK,
it's your move; what do you do?

--
- Frank Krygowski

Catrike Rider

Jan 9, 2023, 1:05:43 PM1/9/23
On Mon, 9 Jan 2023 12:44:33 -0500, Frank Krygowski
<frkr...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On 1/9/2023 4:48 AM, John B. wrote:
>
>> I didn't reply to him but even someone entombed in Ohio might have
>> become aware the I don't live in the U.S. I live in Thailand and even
>> a cursory look will show that compared to the U.S. Thailand is a very
>> peaceful country, some 2-1/2 times more peaceful then the U.S.
>>
>> So no requirement to carry a gun on a bicycle here.
>
>Obviously, I know you now live in Thailand. You've said so often enough.
>And OK, so you don't carry a gun when you ride in Thailand.
>
>Did you ride while living in the U.S.? Did you always carry a gun then?
>
>I've known hundreds of U.S. bike riders. I've never known of any who
>carried a gun.

As far as you know, anyway...

>None are that paranoid. And some of my friends are
>definitely gun owners. Several are cops or retired cops.
>
>(I once knew a guy who, as I've described, was so timid as to carry a
>gun to a folk music concert. That was a guy so fat that he had a special
>rack to hold his guitar as he played it, because his belly was otherwise
>in the way. I suppose he figured he couldn't waddle away from a scary
>person - but other heftier people manage without weaponry.)

<LOL> Another of Krygowski's stories...

Catrike Rider

Jan 9, 2023, 1:22:55 PM1/9/23
Most civilian gun owners know, and in fact most laws regarding self
defense make clear, the fact that you only respond with equal force to
threats of lethal force. That's pretty much the same rules for police.

There are both LEOs and civilians in prison for violating those laws

John B.

John B.

Jan 9, 2023, 1:41:51 PM1/9/23
>>> Hand over the cash, you say?Ā She did that, just a year
>>> ago tomorrow:
>>>
>>> https://nypost.com/2022/01/09/teen-gunned-down-while-working-shift-at-nyc-burger-king-cops/
>>>

>>> He turned and shot her dead on the way out the door.
>>> (I remembered it because an old friend lives just a couple
>>> of blocks away).
>>>
>>> Too bad no one interfered early when he punched the other
>>> woman in the face. But no, no one wants to 'get involved'
>>> in a fistfight with an armed maniac.Ā They just called
>>> 911 as she lay dying and waited around for a while.Ā
Granted I'm changing the subject but after reading the above which
uses the description "persons of color" to describe Negroes, Asian and
Latino people I'm, wondering what is the correct term for those that
might be referred to as Caucasian? Perhaps "people of no color"?
Colorless People? :-)

--
Cheers,

John B.

Catrike Rider

Jan 9, 2023, 1:45:36 PM1/9/23
Sometimes I do... Depends on the location.

>Why is it that bicycling attracts such "Danger! Danger!" paranoia?

I'm going to spend several days over in the Kissimmee area next week.
I'm definately taking a gun, even though the Airbnb is in a gated,
high-end neighborhood. We'll be eating out a lot and the crime around
Orlando is trending down, but still higher than the USA average.

John B.

Jan 9, 2023, 1:50:43 PM1/9/23
Perhaps it is a fallacy derived from being a teacher? After all, if
one spends time teaching people, who obviously know less then the
teacher (else why go to school), then obviously the teacher is more
knowledgeable then the student.

Which is easily translated to the concept that "I am more
knowledgeable"."
--
Cheers,

John B.

AMuzi

Jan 9, 2023, 1:52:18 PM1/9/23
Well, I do not carry now. Not even riding my bicycle.

But there was a time when that was a very prudent choice (I
moved since). For others it may be the best decision. YMMV,
and I know mine did, back and forth over the years.

AMuzi

Jan 9, 2023, 2:00:54 PM1/9/23

Armed or just plain guts?
https://keyt.com/news/santa-maria-north-county/2022/12/16/santa-maria-business-owner-disarms-carjacker-following-officer-involved-shooting-and-car-chase/

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/las-vegas-police-arrest-accomplice-after-woman-disarms-then-shoots-one-of-three-carjackers/

I'm no longer fast or young enough for that sort of thing.

If armed, do I have a clear background? How much risk, if
any, to others?

Any action more timely than 'call 911 and hang around for a
while' is preferred always.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/marine-recruiters-california-smash-grab-jewelry-heist-tackle-fleeing-suspects

John B.

Jan 9, 2023, 2:06:52 PM1/9/23
"I knew a guy what done that" seems to be a factor in many of
Frankie's rebuttals. And every one of them, strangely enough, seem to
prove Frankie's thesis. The guy that tipped over and hit his head
proves that helmets are bad, bad, bad... Which would seem to ignore
the (probably) millions who do wear a helmet and don't fall over and
hit their head.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Catrike Rider

Jan 9, 2023, 2:34:13 PM1/9/23
Carrying on the Catrike was initially a very simple thing. Immediately
after the attack, I began putting it in my trunkbag, but as my
arthritis got worse, I had trouble reaching it back there. Now, it
sits between my knees, concealed by a child's sock.

Catrike Rider

Jan 9, 2023, 2:37:07 PM1/9/23
Way too many variables to state any particular action.

Catrike Rider

Jan 9, 2023, 2:44:59 PM1/9/23
On Tue, 10 Jan 2023 02:06:43 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
wrote:
I'll give him high scores for imagination. Maybe he can write a book
about the problems his imaginary friends have.

Frank Krygowski

Jan 9, 2023, 3:17:55 PM1/9/23
On 1/9/2023 1:52 PM, AMuzi wrote:
> On 1/9/2023 11:44 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
>>
>> Did you ride while living in the U.S.? Did you always carry
>> a gun then?
>>
>> I've known hundreds of U.S. bike riders. I've never known of
>> any who carried a gun. None are that paranoid. And some of
>> my friends are definitely gun owners. Several are cops or
>> retired cops....
>>
>> John, have you been back to the U.S. recently? Did you carry
>> a gun for other activities, like walking? Shopping? Driving?
>>
>> Why is it that bicycling attracts such "Danger! Danger!"
>> paranoia?
>>

> Well, I do not carry now. Not even riding my bicycle.
>
> But there was a time when that was a very prudent choice (I moved
> since).  For others it may be the best decision. YMMV, and I know mine
> did, back and forth over the years.

I think the "mileage that varies" depends heavily on the level of fear
of the individual. I commuted by bike from suburbs to the city center
for dozens of years, both here and down south. I had people tell me I
should never ride in certain neighborhoods that I rode through
frequently. I even had a colleague at work who was so terrified he said
he never stopped at nighttime red lights on the drive home. Yet I had no
problems to speak of, and certainly none that a gun would have helped.

Keep in mind, we're talking here about a guy who is not trying to run a
bike shop in a crime infested inner city. It's a guy pedaling a tricycle
on what sounds like a suburban bike path frequented by other bike path
users, people who are friendly enough to say "Hello" as they pass -
which irritates him quite a lot, according to his posts.

The image is antisocial, timid and paranoid. A gun isn't a good addition
to that combination of characteristics.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Catrike Rider

Jan 9, 2023, 3:33:04 PM1/9/23
<LOL Not a friend, but a colleague in this story....

>Keep in mind, we're talking here about a guy who is not trying to run a
>bike shop in a crime infested inner city. It's a guy pedaling a tricycle
>on what sounds like a suburban bike path frequented by other bike path

Nope, no suburbs where I ride.

>users, people who are friendly enough to say "Hello" as they pass -
>which irritates him quite a lot, according to his posts.
>
>The image is antisocial, timid and paranoid. A gun isn't a good addition
>to that combination of characteristics.

Actually, the "image" is of Krygowski, a Narcissistic dweeb,
desperately trying to salvage that image.

<SNORT> BTW, I'm not antisocial, just non-social.

Frank Krygowski

Jan 9, 2023, 3:35:44 PM1/9/23
I was really asking about you, specifically. Are you usually armed when
you go into a Burger King?

If you were not (like those other patrons) ...

> I'm no longer fast or young enough for that sort of thing.

... then why would you fault them for not taking action?

> If armed, do I have a clear background? How much risk, if any, to others?
>
> Any action more timely than 'call 911 and hang around for a while' is
> preferred always.

That's not the advice my cop friends have given. They've agreed with
what you've said, that TV scenarios differ from real life, and said it's
best just to give the punk what he wants. And one of them has made very
disparaging remarks about people who imagine themselves to be potential
heroes.

Here's more detail from one site:
https://www.baltimorepolice.org/community/safety-and-crime-prevention-tips/robbery-prevention-tips

I think the best tip is to choose your situations and locations
carefully. Avoid places where thugs are likely. Stay in safer areas.

Like, um, nice safe bike paths! :-)

--
- Frank Krygowski

Catrike Rider

Jan 9, 2023, 3:53:35 PM1/9/23

It is best for guys like Krygowski to just to give the punk what he
wants.

>And one of them has made very
>disparaging remarks about people who imagine themselves to be potential
>heroes.
>
>Here's more detail from one site:
>https://www.baltimorepolice.org/community/safety-and-crime-prevention-tips/robbery-prevention-tips
>
>I think the best tip is to choose your situations and locations
>carefully. Avoid places where thugs are likely. Stay in safer areas.
>
>Like, um, nice safe bike paths! :-)

Where I got attacked....

Tom Kunich

Jan 9, 2023, 3:55:14 PM1/9/23
The evidence is the same as with a cop - ANY perceived threat. The person doesn't even have to have a real weapon but anything that he can USE as a weapon. I really think that I should drive over to Poland OH. and kick Krygowski's as a couple of times so that he has a real understanding of "perceived threat".

Tom Kunich

Jan 9, 2023, 3:59:59 PM1/9/23
Have you noticed that Frank has never experienced anything but has a friend for every occasion? I have had several cop friends and two in the family and they are clear about it, if you're capable of accuracy and get the chance you ALWAYS shoot someone that is threatening you with a gun.

Catrike Rider

Jan 9, 2023, 4:04:06 PM1/9/23

I'd bet a fair amount that they're mostly, perhaps entirely, imaginary
"friends." He seems to believe that the stories back up his nonsense
claims.

Tom Kunich

Jan 9, 2023, 4:16:23 PM1/9/23
When even Slocumb recognizes them for the bullshit they are you'd think that Krygowski would stop posting his "Friend's" experiences. I am positive Frank is convinced of his opinions. That's all well and fine, but he has seen long ago that others don't agree with him so he gets ever more inventive with his "proof" that he is correct. This was a point of argument so deep that they installed the 2nd Amendment to prevent extremists like him from having the ability to do anything about it. And the Supreme Court has ruled on it a number of times ALWAYS agreeing with the Constitution.

As far as I'm concerned, his continued arguments on this point is an attempt to steal the Constitutional rights of the people of this country and IS clear grounds for kicking his ass so badly that he will never again come on this group. So I think that he might not want me to run into him.

AMuzi

Jan 9, 2023, 4:29:30 PM1/9/23

Ride where you like, at a convenient time of day, at your
own speed, on whatever equipment you prefer today.

Note that we've discussed, in terms of traffic flow, that
the same street can be very different pre-dawn compared to
4~7pm commute or to midnight~2am as the bars close. Same street.

Also note the the extended logic of 'just don't go there'
may have larger social implications:
https://nvfaq.com/how-many-muslim-no-go-areas-are-there-in-france/

I'm unfamiliar with Mr Tricycle's area but I do know that
some MUPS in my area are boringly uneventful and some are
mugger havens.

Catrike Rider

Jan 9, 2023, 4:31:35 PM1/9/23
On Mon, 9 Jan 2023 13:16:21 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich

Krygowski knows he no chance of convincing me not to carry a gun or to
force me to give it up. That's not his goal. His goal is to get as
many people as possible to agree with his contention that carrying a
gun is wrong. His Narcissism demands that others respect him and his
dictums.

He knows that I see him as an insignificant clown, and although that
burns him to the quick, he's more concerned that others here may be
seeing the obvious cracks in his personae.

Frank Krygowski

Jan 9, 2023, 5:04:16 PM1/9/23
We've got two MUPs in easy riding distance of my house. I've ridden all
of each, including the entire ~80 miles of the longer one. I've heard of
only one incident of attack, on an inner city portion of the longer one.
Some teenagers mistreated another kid, taking his bike and his clothing.

And about Mr. Tricycle, I've said several times that if all he can
manage to do is ride a bike path, it's still important to keep moving as
one ages.

I do vary my routes by time of day and time of week. My teaching
schedule was nice in that I could often (not always) avoid rush hour
traffic for my commute. Now that I'm retired, I have even more freedom
that way.

But I do love exploring different routes. One of the guys we ate dinner
with last night talked about loving to ride with me, because I led him
to roads and routes that he'd never known about. I think a lot of people
love that sort of discovery.

By comparison, most MUPs are boring. Most lack even significant curves,
let alone hills, and there can be no variation in route, no discovery
after the first ride. I hope I'm never restricted to riding out and back
on the same path, day after day.

As with the gun, I think there's only one poster here who is limited to
such boring riding.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Frank Krygowski

Jan 9, 2023, 5:11:10 PM1/9/23
Let's review. The case Andrew first described had a punk come into the
Burger King with his handgun drawn. The first thing he did was pistol
whip a customer.

So, Tom, sitting there in a booth, what would you _really_ do to someone
obviously violent who's holding a handgun? What would you "USE as a
weapon?" Your sandwich?

You say you're in your upper 70s with balance problems. Don't pretend
you could be a hero in that situation. That's fantasy.

> I really think that I should drive over to Poland OH. and kick Krygowski's as a couple of times so that he has a real understanding of "perceived threat".

You're a sad case.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Catrike Rider

Jan 9, 2023, 5:18:30 PM1/9/23
Another of Krygowski's "friends."

>By comparison, most MUPs are boring. Most lack even significant curves,
>let alone hills, and there can be no variation in route, no discovery
>after the first ride. I hope I'm never restricted to riding out and back
>on the same path, day after day.

Except that all Krygowski can do is a 5 mile round trip to the grocery
store. Might be two different routes through his lilly white
neighborhood where the traffic is limited to 25 MPH.

>As with the gun, I think there's only one poster here who is limited to
>such boring riding.

<anorther snort> I ride where I want to ride, not where Krygowski
wants me to ride. How dare I not bow to his superior knowledge of
where it's preferable to ride.

Catrike Rider

Jan 9, 2023, 5:19:54 PM1/9/23
Says the narcissist

John B.

Jan 9, 2023, 5:56:00 PM1/9/23
On Mon, 09 Jan 2023 12:52:16 -0600, AMuzi <a...@yellowjersey.org> wrote:

As I suggested, some time go. If carrying a gun is legal why shouldn't
one carry one?
--
Cheers,

John B.

Tom Kunich

Jan 9, 2023, 6:06:41 PM1/9/23
Frank loves to pretend that everyone is as hopeless and harmless as he is.

Catrike Rider

Jan 9, 2023, 6:09:13 PM1/9/23
On Tue, 10 Jan 2023 05:55:51 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Because Krygowski, in his vastly superior wisdom, says it's not good.

Catrike Rider

Jan 9, 2023, 6:12:24 PM1/9/23
Publically, Frank pretends to be all-knowing. Privately, he knows he's
just pathetic little dweeb who can't ride his bicycles like he used
to.

John B.

Jan 9, 2023, 6:27:33 PM1/9/23
On Mon, 09 Jan 2023 05:08:31 -0500, Catrike Rider
<sol...@drafting.not> wrote:

>On Mon, 09 Jan 2023 16:48:34 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 09 Jan 2023 04:20:43 -0500, Catrike Rider
>><sol...@drafting.not> wrote:

>>>Actually, I've never argued with you except way back when you first
>>>implied that I should take a bicycle riding course. Since then I've
>>>recognised your narcissistic behavior and I simply make fun of you.
>>
>>And he uses such fictitious arguments. In defense of some of his more
>>ridicules statements he asked me whether I carried a gun when I went
>>riding.
>>
>>I didn't reply to him but even someone entombed in Ohio might have
>>become aware the I don't live in the U.S. I live in Thailand and even
>>a cursory look will show that compared to the U.S. Thailand is a very
>>peaceful country, some 2-1/2 times more peaceful then the U.S.
>>
>>So no requirement to carry a gun on a bicycle here.
>
>...and of course, I never claimed that carrying a gun on my bike rides
>was a requirement. It's simply a precaution, just he claims carrying
>pepper spray is a precaution. My precautionary efforts differ from
>his, and he's having a wonderfully entertaining hissy fit about that.

But, but, but.... Guns are so dangerious. Why, one might leap out of
the holster and run down the street shooting people.

Way back in 1910 the NRA popularized a saying that "Guns don't shoot
people, people shoot people", which is a truism. Or at least I have
never heard of, or read of, a gun leaping off the mantel and running
out to the street and start shooting people.

In fact, I'll drop a Frankism into the discussion here. To my personal
knowledge my grandfather, born 1885, my father and myself all owned
guns and never shot anyone.

So 2023 - 1885 = 138 years which I suggest beats Frankie's arguments
"I knew a guy that..."
--
Cheers,

John B.

John B.

Jan 9, 2023, 6:31:06 PM1/9/23
On Mon, 09 Jan 2023 05:19:24 -0500, Catrike Rider
<sol...@drafting.not> wrote:

> [...]
>praise or admiration. People with this behavior need to feel
>validation from others and often brag or exaggerate their
>accomplishments for recognition. They also like to feel appreciated to
>boost their ego.
>
>Lack of Empathy
>
>Lack of empathy is another sign of narcissism. This means that the
>narcissist is unwilling or unable to empathize with the needs, wants,
>or feelings of other people. This also makes it difficult for them to
>take responsibility for their own behavior.
>
>Arrogance
>
>People with narcissistic behavior already see themselves as superior
>to others, so they may become rude or abusive when they don’t receive
>the treatment they think they deserve. While they hold themselves
>superior, they may speak or act rudely toward those that they deem are

Gee, you have just described Frankie, Tommy and the afro-Irishman.
--
Cheers,

John B.

John B.

Jan 9, 2023, 6:41:35 PM1/9/23
"Superior wisdom" or "frantic fear"?
--
Cheers,

John B.

Catrike Rider

Jan 9, 2023, 7:00:59 PM1/9/23
On Tue, 10 Jan 2023 06:31:02 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
Could be, I certainly don't see much humility from any of them, but
lumping Frank in with people he so fervently hates and regularly
insults will surely trigger him.

At any rate, I'm not into making enemies with anyone who has not
already declared war on me. I say that even though I love waging war.

Catrike Rider

Jan 9, 2023, 7:03:54 PM1/9/23
On Tue, 10 Jan 2023 06:41:31 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
Although narcissists act superior to others and posture as beyond
reproach, underneath their grandiose exteriors lurk their deepest
fears: That they are flawed, illegitimate, and ordinary.

We know from research and foundational theory about narcissism that
narcissists develop a "false self" or “as-if” personality to hide
their fears and failings.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/narcissism-demystified/202005/narcissists-greatest-fears

AMuzi

Jan 9, 2023, 7:05:33 PM1/9/23
On 1/9/2023 4:04 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
> On 1/9/2023 4:29 PM, AMuzi wrote:
>> On 1/9/2023 2:35 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
>>> >
>>> I think the best tip is to choose your situations and
>>> locations carefully. Avoid places where thugs are likely.
>>> Stay in safer areas.
>>>
>>> Like, um, nice safe bike paths!  :-)
Well, I don't care for them myself but others do. And some
do have dangerous segments.
It is loading more messages.