Chain quick links

140 views
Skip to first unread message

Tom Kunich

unread,
Jul 11, 2021, 4:05:10 PM7/11/21
to
I started off on a climbing ride and today. I got to the second climb and the chain fell apart. I don't know if this was a reused quick link or a new one since the chain appears to be a new one.

But when I attempted to put the quick link back on it one of the pins simply bushed through its link and tell out on the ground. There is one thing that is handy about having a cell phone and a wife to come and get you. It's almost worth the aggravation.

Now I have to post this in a hurry before she spots it.

Frank Krygowski

unread,
Jul 11, 2021, 5:37:19 PM7/11/21
to
Our master mechanic strikes again!

--
- Frank Krygowski

James

unread,
Jul 11, 2021, 7:35:05 PM7/11/21
to
My wife broke a new Shimano chain on a new bicycle on it's maiden
voyage. Shit happens. I was there and able to push her home. I
installed a spare quick link and the chain and quick link have been fine
for thousands of kilometers since.

--
JS

Tom Kunich

unread,
Jul 11, 2021, 11:33:06 PM7/11/21
to
Frank, please explain to everyone here with the vast knowledge of your engineering degree how I had anything to do with a quick link failing. We shall all await your knowledgeable pronouncements. Be sure and make as many baseless assumptions as you can.

Tom Kunich

unread,
Jul 11, 2021, 11:39:57 PM7/11/21
to
The Campy chains used to come with chain links you pushed in using a chain tool. I had one of those have the break off nub on the end break off with too long a lip and the bike would not shift correctly until I discovered what the problem was an filed it down.

Those nubs are made from steel hardened to the point that it is supposed to practically turn to powder with any stress. If we were to ask Frank it would be his opinion that I somehow had broken it. He has never had a bike worth more than $25 on the open market but he knows everything there is to know about $2,200 groups.

Ted Heise

unread,
Jul 12, 2021, 10:34:02 AM7/12/21
to
On Sun, 11 Jul 2021 13:05:08 -0700 (PDT),
Tom Kunich <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I started off on a climbing ride and today. I got to the second
> climb and the chain fell apart. I don't know if this was a
> reused quick link or a new one since the chain appears to be a
> new one.
>
> But when I attempted to put the quick link back on it one of
> the pins simply bushed through its link and tell out on the
> ground. There is one thing that is handy about having a cell
> phone and a wife to come and get you. It's almost worth the
> aggravation.

Maybe this can't be done with the very latest chains, but with
9-speed (maybe 10?) I've still been able to use a chain tool to
completely remove the bad link and join the remaining good parts.
It results in a shorter than optimal chain (and probably weak link
where the pin was pushed out and back in again), but good enough
to get home with.

--
Ted Heise <the...@panix.com> West Lafayette, IN, USA

Frank Krygowski

unread,
Jul 12, 2021, 10:37:49 AM7/12/21
to
On 7/11/2021 7:35 PM, James wrote:
> On 12/7/21 6:05 am, Tom Kunich wrote:
>> I started off on a climbing ride and today. I got to the second climb
>> and the chain fell apart. I don't know if this was a reused quick
>> link or a new one since the chain appears to be a new one.
>>
>> But when I attempted to put the quick link back on it one of the pins
>> simply bushed through its link and tell out on the ground. There is
>> one thing that is handy about having a cell phone and a wife to come
>> and get you. It's almost worth the aggravation.
>>
>> Now I have to post this in a hurry before she spots it.
>>
>
> My wife broke a new Shimano chain on a new bicycle on it's maiden
> voyage.  Shit happens.

It does. But it happens to some far more than others. I suppose we could
speculate about why that is.


--
- Frank Krygowski

Tom Kunich

unread,
Jul 12, 2021, 10:43:37 AM7/12/21
to
I no longer carry one of those multitools with the chain breaker in it since quick links are available. my mistake is not having one in the kit. I emailed a friend who reminded me we had the same thing happen to him riding around Lake Tahoe and one of the people riding with us had a spare quick link with him.

I think that I will buy a couple of those expensive Connex quick links that are infinitely reusable and put one or two in the seat pack.

Tom Kunich

unread,
Jul 12, 2021, 10:44:36 AM7/12/21
to
I speculate because you don't tell anyone about the shit that happens to you so that you can pretend to be the pedal God.

Ted Heise

unread,
Jul 12, 2021, 10:50:01 AM7/12/21
to
On Mon, 12 Jul 2021 07:43:35 -0700 (PDT),
Tom Kunich <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday, July 12, 2021 at 7:34:02 AM UTC-7, Ted Heise wrote:
> > On Sun, 11 Jul 2021 13:05:08 -0700 (PDT),
> > Tom Kunich <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I started off on a climbing ride and today. I got to the
> > > second climb and the chain fell apart. I don't know if this
> > > was a reused quick link or a new one since the chain appears
> > > to be a new one.
> > >
> > > But when I attempted to put the quick link back on it one of
> > > the pins simply bushed through its link and tell out on the
> > > ground. There is one thing that is handy about having a cell
> > > phone and a wife to come and get you. It's almost worth the
> > > aggravation.
> > Maybe this can't be done with the very latest chains, but with
> > 9-speed (maybe 10?) I've still been able to use a chain tool
> > to completely remove the bad link and join the remaining good
> > parts. It results in a shorter than optimal chain (and
> > probably weak link where the pin was pushed out and back in
> > again), but good enough to get home with.

> I no longer carry one of those multitools with the chain
> breaker in it since quick links are available. my mistake is
> not having one in the kit. I emailed a friend who reminded me
> we had the same thing happen to him riding around Lake Tahoe
> and one of the people riding with us had a spare quick link
> with him.
>
> I think that I will buy a couple of those expensive Connex
> quick links that are infinitely reusable and put one or two in
> the seat pack.

Understandable to make that choice (not to carry the tool). Will
those quick links work if you have a broken link that would need
to be removed first? Maybe you could go Joerg/caveman on it, and
knock out the pin for the broken link with a rock.

AMuzi

unread,
Jul 12, 2021, 10:51:19 AM7/12/21
to
On 7/12/2021 9:37 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
> On 7/11/2021 7:35 PM, James wrote:
>> On 12/7/21 6:05 am, Tom Kunich wrote:
>>> I started off on a climbing ride and today. I got to the
>>> second climb
>>> and the chain fell apart. I don't know if this was a
>>> reused quick
>>> link or a new one since the chain appears to be a new one.
>>>
>>> But when I attempted to put the quick link back on it one
>>> of the pins
>>> simply bushed through its link and tell out on the
>>> ground. There is
>>> one thing that is handy about having a cell phone and a
>>> wife to come
>>> and get you. It's almost worth the aggravation.
>>>
>>> Now I have to post this in a hurry before she spots it.
>>>
>>
>> My wife broke a new Shimano chain on a new bicycle on it's
>> maiden voyage. Shit happens.
>
> It does. But it happens to some far more than others. I
> suppose we could speculate about why that is.
>
>

https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Job-Chapter-1/

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>
Open every day since 1 April, 1971


Tom Kunich

unread,
Jul 12, 2021, 10:59:43 AM7/12/21
to
Frank does neither believe in God nor understand the Bible nor its verses. He as his many comrades in arms believes only in communism and death to freedom. He would cry that the State doesn't make him personally rich and prominent and others below him. And he wonders why he is not thought well of by his fellow man.

sms

unread,
Jul 12, 2021, 11:07:26 AM7/12/21
to
On 7/12/2021 7:33 AM, Ted Heise wrote:

<snip>

> Maybe this can't be done with the very latest chains, but with
> 9-speed (maybe 10?) I've still been able to use a chain tool to
> completely remove the bad link and join the remaining good parts.
> It results in a shorter than optimal chain (and probably weak link
> where the pin was pushed out and back in again), but good enough
> to get home with.

True. I've only had one broken chain while riding, though I've helped
others with my chain tool. Also, if the rear derailleur breaks you can
shorten the chain and create a 1 speed bike and limp home or to the
nearest bicycle shop.

As several people have pointed out, with the thinner chains it's a bad
idea chain tool to remove it from the bike, that's why the quick links
are better, though the quick link is also always the weak link in a
chain. You always want to carry a spare quick link in your tool bag
since except for the Wipperman Connex Link, they are not reusable.


Frank Krygowski

unread,
Jul 12, 2021, 11:18:23 AM7/12/21
to
Yep, that's _one_ possible explanation. God is testing Tom. It's not
Tom's fault.

But "Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell
down upon the ground, and worshipped, And said, Naked came I out of my
mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the
LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD."

Job didn't blame Obama or the Socialists or whatever king was currently
in power. Tom's reaction seems to be quite different.


--
- Frank Krygowski

Ted Heise

unread,
Jul 12, 2021, 11:19:20 AM7/12/21
to
On Mon, 12 Jul 2021 08:07:22 -0700,
sms <scharf...@geemail.com> wrote:
> On 7/12/2021 7:33 AM, Ted Heise wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > Maybe this can't be done with the very latest chains, but with
> > 9-speed (maybe 10?) I've still been able to use a chain tool to
> > completely remove the bad link and join the remaining good parts.
> > It results in a shorter than optimal chain (and probably weak link
> > where the pin was pushed out and back in again), but good enough
> > to get home with.
>
> True. I've only had one broken chain while riding, though I've
> helped others with my chain tool. Also, if the rear derailleur
> breaks you can shorten the chain and create a 1 speed bike and
> limp home or to the nearest bicycle shop.

Hah! I've done that too. My wife and I were on a tandem ride in
2019, and the rear derailer snapped off (the mid part of the body
just broke, I think it was a defect in the metal piece). At any
rate, I shortened the chain and routed it over a moderately low
gear combination. It was good enough to get us home, and it was
lucky I picked a reasonable gear. Aided by being in mostly flat
central Indiana.

Frank Krygowski

unread,
Jul 12, 2021, 11:26:53 AM7/12/21
to
Like others here, I've broken only one chain in my ~50 years of riding,
and that was on my mountain bike, trying to slam a fast downshift for an
unforeseen sharp climb. My wife semi-broke one quick link, close to the
end of one five-day tour; one side plate had cracked but the link held.
We discovered it later, due to a weird clicking noise when we were
riding for groceries.

I now have a multi-tool with a built-in chain tool, so I guess I'd take
that on a long expedition. But based on my experience, it's very
unlikely to be necessary.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Frank Krygowski

unread,
Jul 12, 2021, 11:29:57 AM7/12/21
to
Sounds like you're lucky to have a tolerant wife!


--
- Frank Krygowski

Lou Holtman

unread,
Jul 12, 2021, 11:59:49 AM7/12/21
to
You can't just choose a gear, the chain line should be straight otherwise it can shift to a lower gear at the first bumpy corner and the tension skyrocket. Been there done that (with spiritual support).

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bzEuyD1U5zwBebXQ8

Lou

Ted Heise

unread,
Jul 12, 2021, 2:05:14 PM7/12/21
to
> > Understandable to make that choice (not to carry the tool).
> > Will those quick links work if you have a broken link that
> > would need to be removed first? Maybe you could go
> > Joerg/caveman on it, and knock out the pin for the broken link
> > with a rock.
>
> Like others here, I've broken only one chain in my ~50 years of
> riding, and that was on my mountain bike, trying to slam a fast
> downshift for an unforeseen sharp climb. My wife semi-broke one
> quick link, close to the end of one five-day tour; one side
> plate had cracked but the link held. We discovered it later,
> due to a weird clicking noise when we were riding for
> groceries.
>
> I now have a multi-tool with a built-in chain tool, so I guess
> I'd take that on a long expedition. But based on my experience,
> it's very unlikely to be necessary.

I've broken a chain twice, both times on the tandem. One was when
we were honking up a big hill southwest of Bloomington, IN and we
were very fortunate not to get hurt. In that case I think I had
pushed a pin back in on a link, so the chain was a bit
compromised. I don't think it was possible to say that was where
it broke (really came apart, no parts that had yield strength
exceeded), but that's sure what I suspect.

I don't recall the other time, but it seems like it almost fell
off. That's over almost 30 years of serious riding, so I tend to
agree with Frank's take. Not a common occurrence. Still, I carry
a tool on all my bikes. For me, the weight is not a concern.

Ted Heise

unread,
Jul 12, 2021, 2:07:05 PM7/12/21
to
You are so right! We did 64 miles a week ago, and it was well
into the 90s the last hour or two. We were both just barely
hanging in there, and it really hit me how few women would be
willing to tolerate that with me.

Ted Heise

unread,
Jul 12, 2021, 2:10:49 PM7/12/21
to
True up to a point. But it doesn't have to be a perfectly
straight line, especially if the potentially preferred line would
be to a larger gear. More fundamentally, with a triple up front,
there are a minimum of three otions--practically speaking more
like four or five total.

sms

unread,
Jul 12, 2021, 2:26:23 PM7/12/21
to
On 7/12/2021 11:05 AM, Ted Heise wrote:

<snip>

> I don't recall the other time, but it seems like it almost fell
> off. That's over almost 30 years of serious riding, so I tend to
> agree with Frank's take. Not a common occurrence. Still, I carry
> a tool on all my bikes. For me, the weight is not a concern.

Many (most?) of the multi-tools include a chain tool so I suspect that
most people have a chain tool by default, and have never used it.


funkma...@hotmail.com

unread,
Jul 12, 2021, 2:46:33 PM7/12/21
to
Frank may be a curmudgeon bordering on crank from time to time, but I don't think I've ever seen him blame anyone for his misfortunes. In fact, I don't recall Frank ever really bitching about his situation at all (though I may have missed some posts). If there was ever a whiny little piss-ant in this group who blames everyone else for his problems, it's kunich.

funkma...@hotmail.com

unread,
Jul 12, 2021, 2:48:28 PM7/12/21
to
On Monday, July 12, 2021 at 11:59:49 AM UTC-4, lou.h...@gmail.com wrote:

> You can't just choose a gear, the chain line should be straight otherwise it can shift to a lower gear at the first bumpy corner and the tension skyrocket. Been there done that (with spiritual support).
>
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/bzEuyD1U5zwBebXQ8
>
> Lou

I actually popped a chain-ring bolt from that once.

jbeattie

unread,
Jul 12, 2021, 3:07:44 PM7/12/21
to
Back in the olden days, breaking a chain usually meant poor installation or a too-light/bad chain. I actually had a Ti chain in the '70s (experimenting with non-drillium weight savings) that just broke. I think getting a chain that just breaks is rare.

I had one or two later 5-9sp chains that broke because I probably did a too-fast job putting them together with a pin tool and then put a big load on the chain and popped the side plate. This is different from popping a quick-link, which I have done exactly once since quick-links hit the market with the SRAM chains. I think I side-loaded the chain during an under-power shift and maybe it hung-up on the big ring and popped open. Who knows. Its one of those things that can happen under the perfectly wrong circumstances.

One weird chain failure was when I rode my then-young son home through the West Hills in a Burley trailer, and the force generated by low gear climbing with a triple crushed the rollers. I had a couple rollers fall off leaving only the pins. The thing skipped and jumped and made grinding noises all the way home.

-- Jay Beattie.

Ted Heise

unread,
Jul 12, 2021, 3:29:19 PM7/12/21
to
Good distinction, and prompts me to clarify that the underload
chain failure was of the side plate popping off type.


> One weird chain failure was when I rode my then-young son home
> through the West Hills in a Burley trailer, and the force
> generated by low gear climbing with a triple crushed the
> rollers. I had a couple rollers fall off leaving only the pins.
> The thing skipped and jumped and made grinding noises all the
> way home.

That is weird indeed. Makes me remember that at least one of my
failures was to a chain that had dropped off inside the triple and
gotten a bit twisted in there. I'd had to split the chain to get
it out, and some links were so deformed I had to remove them. I
think I may not have gotten out all the bent ones (in the interest
of having enogh chain length), and was probably still riding on
that bent chain.

sms

unread,
Jul 12, 2021, 3:54:42 PM7/12/21
to
Yeah, I never thought much about that. I've only done this a couple of
times and IIRC it was the middle chain ring and one of the middle gears
on the rear. It was probably a pretty straight chain line and there were
no problems.

Tom Kunich

unread,
Jul 12, 2021, 5:13:48 PM7/12/21
to
Then I'm sure you can cite at me blaming others for my problems. Perhaps you can't tell the difference between me blaming people responsible for problems with me blaming others for my problems because you want to believe that I have some sort of problems. I have a great life. I own my own home. I am almost back to my investments that were destroyed by your choice of Obama who spent this country into a pit. And then you make the same choice and elect Biden who is spending you into another pit. This time with my consciousness in control, I am making money off of your choices.

Every time I go to the store for food I see people shocked by the prices they have to pay for simple food. Quite obviously someone else is paying your way because you don't even know it is occurring. I actually have feelings for people that have an entire months food budget spent on three days of food. You are nothing but a know nothing and you love to show us all exactly how little you know.

Tell me what problems I have? Better yet, tell me what you actually do for a living? Then after you lie your ass off answer a couple of questions pertaining to your claims.

Frank Krygowski

unread,
Jul 12, 2021, 6:05:52 PM7/12/21
to
On 7/12/2021 5:13 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> On Monday, July 12, 2021 at 11:46:33 AM UTC-7, funkma...@hotmail.com wrote:
>>
>> Frank may be a curmudgeon bordering on crank from time to time, but I don't think I've ever seen him blame anyone for his misfortunes. In fact, I don't recall Frank ever really bitching about his situation at all (though I may have missed some posts).

Nope, I don't complain here about bike matters or life matters. Nobody's
life is perfect, but around here, things are generally very good. And
the robust bike parts I favor rarely break.

(OK, on today's ride my front cantilever brake was squeaking sometimes.
Whine, whine, whine!)

> If there was ever a whiny little piss-ant in this group who blames everyone else for his problems, it's kunich.
>
> Then I'm sure you can cite at me blaming others for my problems.

Let's see: Most recently, you were blaming Campagnolo because they
maliciously mis-molded one shifter body (out of a hundred thousand) and
had the gall to ship it to you.

Kind of like that Chinese company that mis-molded the one handlebar/stem
and sent it to you.

Then there was Shimano, who worked so hard to confuse you with their Di2
wiring.

And shall we discuss bottom brackets?

> Perhaps you can't tell the difference between me blaming people responsible for problems with me blaming others for my problems because you want to believe that I have some sort of problems. I have a great life. I own my own home. I am almost back to my investments that were destroyed by your choice of Obama who spent this country into a pit.

We've been over and over that. If you actually lost money on stocks
while Obama was president, you must have had an idiot managing your
investments. The stock market soared during his terms. Personally, I did
great.

> And then you make the same choice and elect Biden who is spending you into another pit.
>
> Every time I go to the store for food I see people shocked by the prices they have to pay for simple food. Quite obviously someone else is paying your way because you don't even know it is occurring.

I will admit to being out of touch with grocery prices. My mother would
scan advertisements and drive five miles to save a dime on a can of
beans. I have no need to worry about prices at all, so I pay whatever
things cost without even noticing, let alone complaining.

In fact, we're buying noticeably less groceries than we ever did. We're
not fond of cooking, so we eat in restaurants a lot more. And I tip
heavily, because waiters and restaurants were financially decimated by
COVID. They need the money, and I can easily afford to help.

> Tell me what problems I have?

Well, for one thing, you seem to be a terrible bike mechanic...


--
- Frank Krygowski

jbeattie

unread,
Jul 12, 2021, 7:22:32 PM7/12/21
to
We went out last night to our local -- like 1/3 mile away -- Mexican fusion joint and wickedly over-tipped because we've known the staff for over 20 years. It's like Cheers but with Margaritas. Seriously, our waiter has known my son since pre-school, which prolongs ordering since they were catching up. Prices have gone up to recoup COVID losses, they also had a fire and were shut-down during the heat wave, so its been a lot of bad news for them, but they're still there, God bless 'em. We go out a lot when my son is visiting. I'm being told were doing Thai tonight, which means ordering something from our local Thai restaurant (not the carts). John B would say the cuisine is made-up for the USA, but hey, I still like it -- even if it not the pinnacle of authenticity.

-- Jay Beattie.

sms

unread,
Jul 12, 2021, 8:39:25 PM7/12/21
to
On 7/12/2021 4:22 PM, jbeattie wrote:

<snip>

> We went out last night to our local -- like 1/3 mile away -- Mexican fusion joint and wickedly over-tipped because we've known the staff for over 20 years. It's like Cheers but with Margaritas. Seriously, our waiter has known my son since pre-school, which prolongs ordering since they were catching up. Prices have gone up to recoup COVID losses, they also had a fire and were shut-down during the heat wave, so its been a lot of bad news for them, but they're still there, God bless 'em. We go out a lot when my son is visiting. I'm being told were doing Thai tonight, which means ordering something from our local Thai restaurant (not the carts). John B would say the cuisine is made-up for the USA, but hey, I still like it -- even if it not the pinnacle of authenticity.

Restaurant prices have gone way up because of increases in wages as well
as higher rents. So many people rediscovered cooking at home during
Covid that many of the mediocre restaurants, or the ones that specialize
in hugely over-priced alcoholic beverages, have folded. In my city the
minimum wage is now $15.65 and in the next city it's $16.30, but
restaurants are paying more than that.

For groceries, we're spending a lot less than we paid a year ago. But
you can't be stupid when shopping. We shop mostly at Costco and at the
local Indian market (where produce is amazingly fresh and cheap). We're
not buying prepared foods or canned foods, and I see price increases on
that kind of stuff.

AMuzi

unread,
Jul 12, 2021, 9:12:27 PM7/12/21
to

John B.

unread,
Jul 12, 2021, 11:05:00 PM7/12/21
to
Well Tommy Boy, you have told us that you are living on the dole,
i.e., unemployment and Social security. So obvious you don't have much
to say about how others make a living.

And as for your whining about grocery store prices.... you seem to be
the only one here that is complaining which would lead one to believer
that you really need to emulate your namesake Little Tommy Tucker who
sang for his supper.
--
Cheers,

John B.

John B.

unread,
Jul 12, 2021, 11:13:05 PM7/12/21
to
>We went out last night to our local -- like 1/3 mile away -- Mexican fusion joint r and wickedly over-tipped because we've known the staff for over 20 years. It's like Cheers but with Margaritas. Seriously, our waiter has known my son since pre-school, which prolongs ordering since they were catching up. Prices have gone up to recoup COVID losses, they also had a fire and were shut-down during the heat wave, so its been a lot of bad news for them, but they're still there, God bless 'em. We go out a lot when my son is visiting. I'm being told were doing Thai tonight, which means ordering something from our local Thai restaurant (not the carts). John B would say the cuisine is made-up for the USA, but hey, I still like it -- even if it not the pinnacle of authenticity.
>
>-- Jay Beattie.

:-) Nope, I'm not a cook. It is my wife that says you aren't eating
real authentic food :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

James

unread,
Jul 13, 2021, 1:51:22 AM7/13/21
to
I've got a multi-tool with a chain tool and I've used it on the field a
couple of times, but not on my own bikes. I'm soon to embark on a 5 day
fully self supported touring trip on some not very well used roads.
I'll take my chain tool thanks. It has a spoke key too, so I'll
probably break a rear drive side spoke. I've used the spoke key a
number of times.

--
JS

funkma...@hotmail.com

unread,
Jul 13, 2021, 9:44:44 AM7/13/21
to
On Monday, July 12, 2021 at 5:13:48 PM UTC-4, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:

wow...
this:
> Then I'm sure you can cite at me blaming others for my problems. Perhaps you can't tell
> the difference between me blaming people responsible for problems with me blaming
> others for my problems because you want to believe that I have some sort of problems.

followed by this:
> I am almost back to my investments that were destroyed by your choice of Obama who spent this country into a pit.

Cognitive dissonance much?
not to mention the fact that your orange saviour exploded the deficit well beyond obama.

Let's have fun with your other claims:
> I have a great life.
you constantly bitch about how expensive everything is and how crime riddled your area is, and how you can't find a job.

> I own my own home.
No, you own you mothers home.

> And then you make the same choice and elect Biden who is spending you into another pit.
but not you?

>This time with my consciousness in control, I am making money off of your choices.
Good for you, so am I. Following a trend established by the stellar performance of the indices established under obama, my net worth has more than doubled since the bush recession. I own my home, married for over 30 years with children who still like to come visit with my grandchildren. Have been at the same job for almost ten years with a nearly 50% increase in salary since I started. Just received a bonus with a pay bump for managing and troubleshooting a large application issue at a major ExxonMobil transfer depot in the UK. Life is good to me.

> Every time I go to the store for food I see people shocked by the prices they have to pay for simple food. Quite obviously someone else is paying your way because you don't even know it is occurring.
no, I don't bitch about groceries because I can afford them without anyones help.

> I actually have feelings for people that have an entire months food budget spent on three days of food.
I'll match my contributions to our local food pantries and homeless shelters against yours any day, sparky.

> You are nothing but a know nothing and you love to show us all exactly how little you know.
Funny, I don't ever remember posting anything that was proven false. Let's take just a few of your gems:
- obama destroyed the economy
- vietnam surrendered to the US
- you (personally) have figured out how to train for power without a power meter
- You can tell the condition of a dirt road from a mile up through the bombay door of a b52 though a jungle canopy
- you've been directly involved in nearly every major medical technology breakthrough for the past 40 years.
on...and on...and on....


> Tell me what problems I have?
you can't afford food
the crime rate in your neighborhood is out of control
you're a pathetically bad bike mechanic
you lost significant wealth under both obama and trump
you can't find a job

In each of those complaints you blame others, and that's just off the top of my head. I'm sure others can fill in more of your complaints where you blame other people for your problems.

> Better yet, tell me what you actually do for a living?
We've been over this and I thoroughly embarrassed you then as well as I'm about to again, Mr. VHDL.

MSEE with over 30 years experience, the shortest term of employment at any one company was 6 years. Current position is a combination of Continuing Engineering Manager and Engineering QA Compliance which encompasses all aspects of Hazardous Location approvals (IECEx/ATEX , N.A. HazLoc) and Functional Safety (IEC 61508) for electronic hardware control equipment in the oil and gas industry. Still wanna play, sparky?

> Then after you lie your ass off answer a couple of questions pertaining to your claims.

If you even understand anything I wrote about my rather successful career, go ahead and quiz me. That should be interesting coming from someone who thinks thinks calculating current and average speed on a bike computer is a complicated algorithm.

sms

unread,
Jul 13, 2021, 9:44:59 AM7/13/21
to
On 7/12/2021 6:12 PM, AMuzi wrote:

<snip>

> https://www.businessinsider.com/why-are-food-prices-rising-grocery-restaurants-inflation-more-expensive-2021-6?op=1

We're lucky in the San Francisco Bay Area to have all these ethnic
markets where prices on staples and produce remain low.

That article mentions Unilever. I looked at Unilever's brands
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unilever_brands> and didn't see a
single one I buy. It's those multi-national companies that are raising
prices on their manufactured food products (or shrinking the size).

Meat, fish, poultry, and produce have really come down in price around
here. We're spending less money than ever on groceries, but eating
better stuff. A lot has to do with increased competition to the big
supermarket chains that is relatively recent to the Bay Area. Some stuff
that I would rarely buy in the past we buy regularly now. At one store I
asked why they had limits on some of the meat and they said that it's
because they've had restaurant owners come in an clean them out because
the prices they charge are less than the restaurants can buy those cuts
from wholesalers.

Restaurant prices, on the other hand, have gone up a lot.

sms

unread,
Jul 13, 2021, 9:45:29 AM7/13/21
to

sms

unread,
Jul 13, 2021, 10:11:25 AM7/13/21
to
On 7/12/2021 10:50 PM, James wrote:

<snip>

> I've got a multi-tool with a chain tool and I've used it on the field a
> couple of times, but not on my own bikes.  I'm soon to embark on a 5 day
> fully self supported touring trip on some not very well used roads. I'll
> take my chain tool thanks.  It has a spoke key too, so I'll probably
> break a rear drive side spoke.  I've used the spoke key a number of times.

So you'll also need a way to remove the rear cassette to change a spoke
on the drive side. There's the Unior tool, which looks like it would
work on a steel or aluminum frame
<https://uniorusa.com/products/pocket-spoke-and-freewheel-remover-wrench>,
sold out of course, but you can get one from Bike24
<https://www.bike24.com/p2159546.html>.

I recall a tool I had, pre-cassette, where you could use any kind of
post or even a branch, as breaker bar, with a freewheel removal tool. No
chain whip was needed with freewheels.

Frank Krygowski

unread,
Jul 13, 2021, 12:05:32 PM7/13/21
to
On 7/13/2021 1:50 AM, James wrote:
> On 13/7/21 1:26 am, Frank Krygowski wrote:
>>
>> I now have a multi-tool with a built-in chain tool, so I guess I'd
>> take that on a long expedition. But based on my experience, it's very
>> unlikely to be necessary.
>>
>
> I've got a multi-tool with a chain tool and I've used it on the field a
> couple of times, but not on my own bikes.

On one bike club ride a few years ago, one guy (a recumbent rider) broke
a chain while trying a big shift to a lower gear. Another woman had a
multitool that included a chain tool, although she didn't realize what
it was. One guy on the ride put two and two together, and also put the
chain back together. That guy was me.

> I'm soon to embark on a 5 day
> fully self supported touring trip on some not very well used roads. I'll
> take my chain tool thanks.  It has a spoke key too, so I'll probably
> break a rear drive side spoke.  I've used the spoke key a number of times.

Yes, for a trip like that, I'd absolutely be ready for unusual events.
For such trips, I've carried extra 5mm screws, a tiny tube of Loctite, a
few inches of baling wire, a small supply of duct tape, some zip ties,
plus the normal bike repair stuff.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Tom Kunich

unread,
Jul 13, 2021, 12:30:16 PM7/13/21
to
On Monday, July 12, 2021 at 3:05:52 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Frank, you whine about me whining when the fact is that I complain not about me but what your ideas and communist thinking are hurting other people. You want to pretend that is my complaining about being hurt by leftist policies when in fact I'm complaining about it injuring this country. Tell us more about how you need better medical care and that people cannot afford to buy their own.

Tom Kunich

unread,
Jul 13, 2021, 12:32:35 PM7/13/21
to
Because of the loses from the covid hoax, I tip way too much myself. Tipping 20% on a $100 meal for me and my wife is somewhat absurd but such is life.

Tom Kunich

unread,
Jul 13, 2021, 12:34:30 PM7/13/21
to
When you are increasing the US population by 100,000 every day and most of them are coming to California, you have to expect problems in the supply chain.

Tom Kunich

unread,
Jul 13, 2021, 12:50:04 PM7/13/21
to
You have to be one stupid asshole to believe that repeating the truth: Rising prices and rising crime is what is known as a fact. But apparently you are unaware of that. You have never been in the service and yet can tell us what I could or could NOT tell from 5,000 feet. Tell us what you know about the Ho Chi Minh trail which was almost entirely in the open except for the southern tip.

So, you're QC but you think that you know engineering? That is why you're QC. And yes, I have been directly involved in most of the major medical advanced in the last 30 years or more. This is something that a QC "engineer" wouldn't know about. In fact QC knows nothing that they aren't told.

Certainly QC is necessary and a good QC department could be expected to have long term employment, why don't you know what your own development department was like?

My step son has gone through companies in the Aerospace industry with a masters degree and he is working on his PhD. Do you suppose that he changes jobs every couple of years for the fun of it? Or because that is how you advance in real engineering?

You are a stupid ass and cannot see anything or know anything. Who actually goes to the supermarket and buys your food since it so obviously isn't you watching people trying to make ends meet and failing?

Frank Krygowski

unread,
Jul 13, 2021, 2:17:51 PM7/13/21
to
On 7/13/2021 12:50 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> And yes, I have been directly involved in most of the major medical advanced in the last 30 years or more.

:-) Hilarious!


--
- Frank Krygowski

Tom Kunich

unread,
Jul 13, 2021, 2:24:13 PM7/13/21
to
On Tuesday, July 13, 2021 at 11:17:51 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
> On 7/13/2021 12:50 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> > And yes, I have been directly involved in most of the major medical advanced in the last 30 years or more.
> :-) Hilarious!

Tell me Frank, why does that so injure your feelings? I wasn't being paid big money to sit around and tell children what they should read in a book.

funkma...@hotmail.com

unread,
Jul 13, 2021, 2:45:21 PM7/13/21
to
> > If you even understand anything I wrote about my rather successful career, go ahead and quiz me.
> > That should be interesting coming from someone who thinks thinks calculating current and
> > average speed on a bike computer is a complicated algorithm.

> You have to be one stupid asshole to believe that repeating the truth: Rising prices and rising crime is what is known as a fact. But apparently you are unaware of that.

Let alone the fact that you didn't follow up on your promise:

> > Then after you lie your ass off answer a couple of questions pertaining to your claims.

At no point did I make a claim that prices weren't rising. At no point did I say crime wasn't a problem in your area. I said you whined about both.

> You have never been in the service and yet can tell us what I could or could NOT tell from 5,000 feet.

One does not need to have been in the military to know that you can't discern the condition of a dirt road from 5000 feet.

> Tell us what you know about the Ho Chi Minh trail which was almost entirely in the open except for the southern tip.

We've been through this before too, sparky. WE showed you pictures from the vietnam war which showed the trail in the jungle, after you tried to claim that pictures you found from the 90's with paved roads were representative of the conditions 30 years earlier. You're not fooling anyone, sparky. You're an idiot, through and through.

> So, you're QC but you think that you know engineering? That is why you're QC.

No, stupid, I'm not _in_ QC. I manage Engineering quality control. If you had any real engineering background you'd understand the difference. In previous roles I was en engineering lab manager and an NPI manager. Yes, I know engineering, way more than you.

> And yes, I have been directly involved in most of the major medical advanced in the last 30 years or more.

Sure you have, just like you've read out three libraries. You must have fit that in somewhere between your stints at livermore labs which aren't on your resume.

> This is something that a QC "engineer" wouldn't know about.

A QC engineer wouldn't know about development? Maybe this is why you can't find a job.

> In fact QC knows nothing that they aren't told.

Sorry, I was wrong, _this_ is why you can't find a job. Engineering QC monitors development and guides the development process such that marketing, engineering, regulatory, and production requirements are met. It's not surprising you don't know this, never having been involved in engineering at anything more than a lab tech level.

> Certainly QC is necessary and a good QC department could be expected to have long term employment, why don't you know what your own development department was like?

Where did you get the idea that I don't? My involvement in development are from design concept, through proof-of-concept, through V & V, then to error simulation (hardware and software) and proof testing. The Functional Safety design process demands backwards and forwards traceability from the marketing requirements document through production testing. That's what a QC engineer does, sparky. I'm also responsible for root cause failure analysis from beta sites to field failures, which necessarily involves hardware and firmware debug, then comparison against the FMEDA reports generated during the pilot development. Still want to quiz me, sparky?

>
> My step son has gone through companies in the Aerospace industry with a masters degree and he is working on his PhD.
> Do you suppose that he changes jobs every couple of years for the fun of it? Or because that is how you advance in real engineering?

Every few years to every five years, sure. I've been involved in the hiring process at my past three companies, An average 5 year turn isn't bad. I've never been anywhere more than ten. My path is not unsual. Your path of jobs seldom lasting more than a year is indicative of a major dysfunction.

>
> You are a stupid ass and cannot see anything or know anything.

Tell us again how you can train for power without a power meter?

> Who actually goes to the supermarket and buys your food since it so obviously isn't you watching people trying to make ends meet and failing?

My wife and I go shopping together most times. It's paid for out of our joint account. As a senior HR administrator for an international pharmaceutical conglomerate, she makes some pretty serious money (not as much as I do, but not far off). WE see people at our grocery store on food stamps. Again, I'll put up our contributions to the local food pantries and homeless shelters up against yours any day.

Stop embarrassing yourself tommy. You'd be pitiful if you weren't such a fucking asshole.

funkma...@hotmail.com

unread,
Jul 13, 2021, 2:47:06 PM7/13/21
to
On Tuesday, July 13, 2021 at 2:24:13 PM UTC-4, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 13, 2021 at 11:17:51 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
> > On 7/13/2021 12:50 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> > > And yes, I have been directly involved in most of the major medical advanced in the last 30 years or more.
> > :-) Hilarious!
> Tell me Frank, why does that so injure your feelings?

I don't know Frank personally, but I'll bet that:

" :-) Hilarious!"

isn't indicative of hurt feelings.

Tom Kunich

unread,
Jul 13, 2021, 5:03:05 PM7/13/21
to
Unlike you, I am quite able to accept your statements as truth. If you say you're QC I can believe that. Exactly why is it that you're not capable of believing that I worked 40 years on medical and laboratory instrument development and programming? I go so far as to actually show some of the instruments I developed that are for sale on eBay and you can see the the same person developed them because they use the same sort of control panel.

Now you're telling us that you don't care what happens to the lower income people because you make a lot of money. That in fact is exactly what is wrong with the Democrats. You're all assholes who don't care one wit about the people that live in the lower parts of town.

Then like some pitiful little prick, you cannot use your own name, you use some pseudonym that some 12 year old would pull out of his hat. That is the work of some cowardly little sheep.

Tom Kunich

unread,
Jul 13, 2021, 5:10:17 PM7/13/21
to
You don't know Frank because you can't understand his postings. They are too far above your intellectual ability. Not that that is something that is difficult to do. A frog has a higher intellect than you.

Frank is telling us all about how we should all be socialist while ALL of the socialist countries are demanding freedom and being shot down in the streets. The people of Cuba have had enough. Unfortunately, unlike Americans, they don't have guns. This is why Frank is so horrified that he cannot take the guns away from the citizens on this country. But you don't understand that.

John B.

unread,
Jul 13, 2021, 6:24:26 PM7/13/21
to
Goodness Gracious Sakes Alive! You mean that our boy Tommy isn't the
epitome of American Manhood?
--
Cheers,

John B.

John B.

unread,
Jul 13, 2021, 6:56:55 PM7/13/21
to
On Tue, 13 Jul 2021 14:10:15 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
<cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Tuesday, July 13, 2021 at 11:47:06 AM UTC-7, funkma...@hotmail.com wrote:
>> On Tuesday, July 13, 2021 at 2:24:13 PM UTC-4, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
>> > On Tuesday, July 13, 2021 at 11:17:51 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
>> > > On 7/13/2021 12:50 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
>> > > > And yes, I have been directly involved in most of the major medical advanced in the last 30 years or more.
>> > > :-) Hilarious!
>> > Tell me Frank, why does that so injure your feelings?
>> I don't know Frank personally, but I'll bet that:
>>
>> " :-) Hilarious!"
>>
>> isn't indicative of hurt feelings.
>You don't know Frank because you can't understand his postings. They are too far above your intellectual ability. Not that that is something that is difficult to do. A frog has a higher intellect than you.
>
>Frank is telling us all about how we should all be socialist while ALL of the socialist countries are demanding freedom and being shot down in the streets. The people of Cuba have had enough. Unfortunately, unlike Americans, they don't have guns. This is why Frank is so horrified that he cannot take the guns away from the citizens on this country. But you don't understand that.

And once again the great and wonderful (by his own assertions) Tommy
gets it wrong again saying "ALL of the socialist countries are
demanding freedom". Yet another example of Tommy not knowing what he
is talking about.
https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/countries-that-are-considered-socialist.html
Count them... I make it 31 countries and apparently 1, Cuba, is
protesting, although I read that they aren't protesting against a
socialist government per se, they are protesting against rising
prices. Which Tommy is moaning about also.
--
Cheers,

John B.

sms

unread,
Jul 13, 2021, 8:09:20 PM7/13/21
to
On 7/13/2021 3:56 PM, John B. wrote:

<snip>

> And once again the great and wonderful (by his own assertions) Tommy
> gets it wrong again saying "ALL of the socialist countries are
> demanding freedom". Yet another example of Tommy not knowing what he
> is talking about.
> https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/countries-that-are-considered-socialist.html
> Count them... I make it 31 countries and apparently 1, Cuba, is
> protesting, although I read that they aren't protesting against a
> socialist government per se, they are protesting against rising
> prices. Which Tommy is moaning about also.

The embargo is finally working. After only 54 years Fidel was gone, and
now, after only 59 years there are street protests because of food
shortages and high prices! Good job President Kennedy!

Of course these protests will have zero effect on the ruling elite of
Cuba, while the U.S. embargo continues to make life miserable for
ordinary residents. The crackdown has already begun
<https://www.economist.com/the-americas/2021/07/13/the-cuban-government-cracks-down-on-protesters>.

If the U.S. wants political change in Cuba they should do massive
amounts of trade. There should be a Starbucks and a McDonalds on every
corner and massive numbers of overweight cruise ship passengers
streaming through the streets of Havana drinking rum and smoking cigars.

Obama had the right idea with Cuba just like Nixon had the right idea
with China. While the current demonstrations are a result of Trump's
actions, it's naïve to think that the protests will result in any
reform, much like the Chinese protestors at Tiananmen Square or in Hong
Kong had little effect on the Chinese leadership.

We trade with China, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and Russia despite their
political systems and human rights abuses. The difference is a)
Florida's 30 electoral votes, b) China's holding of so much U.S. debt,
c) Saudi oil, and d) Turkey's strategic location and NATO membership.

John B.

unread,
Jul 13, 2021, 9:26:20 PM7/13/21
to
On Tue, 13 Jul 2021 17:09:10 -0700, sms <scharf...@geemail.com>
wrote:
The fallacy is that the "demonstrations" which the U.S. seems to
publicize are in reality a rather insignificant portion of the
population. Here we are having periodic "protests" largely students
from the most expensive universities in the country saying that the
P.M. must remove himself from office. The News here reports "THOUSANDS
PROTEST!" and in the body of the article tell us that an estimated
3,000 were at the protest site.... in a city of 10,722,815 citizens.

As for what the commonality thinks abut these demonstrations I asked a
taxi driver about the demonstrations and his comment (translated) was
"The little Shits blocked traffic all Sunday morning".
--
Cheers,

John B.

funkma...@hotmail.com

unread,
Jul 14, 2021, 8:56:04 AM7/14/21
to
On Tuesday, July 13, 2021 at 5:03:05 PM UTC-4, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> Unlike you, I am quite able to accept your statements as truth.
> If you say you're QC I can believe that.

That's quite a change from:

"Then after you lie your ass off answer a couple of questions pertaining to your claims".

But, again, stupid, I'm not _in_ QC. I manage Engineering quality assurance. If you had any real engineering background you'd understand the difference. My only interactions with our corporate QC entity is to share field failure data for Functional Safety certifications and perform the occasional root cause failure analysis when they determine it's an engineering issue.

> Exactly why is it that you're not capable of believing that I worked
> 40 years on medical and laboratory instrument development and programming?

Because you repeatedly reveal abject ignorance on real electronics/software design concepts.

> I go so far as to actually show some of the instruments I developed that are for
> sale on eBay and you can see the the same person developed them because they use
> the same sort of control panel.

Like I said earlier, your experience is on the level of an engineering lab technician - maybe. You may have a rudimentary technical understanding of the product but you contributed very little in the way of conceptual development and implementation. You've proven this repeatedly by your inability to understand and intelligently converse on simple electronic design concepts. You couldn't even understand 20 lines of javascript when it was presented. They teach that in grade school now.

>
> Now you're telling us that you don't care what happens to the lower
> income people because you make a lot of money.

Where exactly did I write that I don't care about people struggling with income, food, and/or housing? I wrote that I'm not complaining about the price I pay for food because I can afford it. For the third(+) time, sparky, I'll match my contributions to my local food pantries and homeless shelters against yours any day.

> That in fact is exactly what is wrong with the Democrats.
> You're all assholes who don't care one wit about the people
> that live in the lower parts of town.

Name an outreach program targeted towards lower income demographics sponsored by the republicans. Your entire party is run by people born on third base who have convinced themselves and the ignorant rubes in their party (like you) that they've hit a triple.

funkma...@hotmail.com

unread,
Jul 14, 2021, 8:59:31 AM7/14/21
to
On Tuesday, July 13, 2021 at 6:24:26 PM UTC-4, John B. wrote:

> Goodness Gracious Sakes Alive! You mean that our boy Tommy isn't the
> epitome of American Manhood?
> --

He's the epitome of the Ugly American
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ugly_American_(pejorative)

funkma...@hotmail.com

unread,
Jul 14, 2021, 9:01:00 AM7/14/21
to
And the Ugly American bloviates once more.

funkma...@hotmail.com

unread,
Jul 14, 2021, 9:17:05 AM7/14/21
to
On Tuesday, July 13, 2021 at 8:09:20 PM UTC-4, sms wrote:
>
> If the U.S. wants political change in Cuba they should do massive
> amounts of trade. There should be a Starbucks and a McDonalds on every
> corner and massive numbers of overweight cruise ship passengers
> streaming through the streets of Havana drinking rum and smoking cigars.

I've been saying this since the regan administration.

> We trade with China, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and Russia despite their
> political systems and human rights abuses. The difference is a)
> Florida's 30 electoral votes, b) China's holding of so much U.S. debt,
> c) Saudi oil, and d) Turkey's strategic location and NATO membership.

Maybe if trump had tried to build a hotel in Havana.....

https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/security/news/2017/06/14/433927/trumps-conflicts-interest-egypt/

"Donald Trump signed an executive order suspending entry to the United States for citizens from seven Muslim-majority countries—Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen. His suspension did not, however, include larger Muslim-majority countries where the Trump Organization has conducted or pursued business, such as Egypt, Turkey, and Saudi Arabia. The omissions further raised eyebrows because Egyptian citizens have been directly linked to terrorist attacks on U.S. soil, while citizens from some of the banned countries have not."

AMuzi

unread,
Jul 14, 2021, 9:45:58 AM7/14/21
to
On 7/14/2021 8:17 AM, funkma...@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 13, 2021 at 8:09:20 PM UTC-4, sms wrote:
>>
>> If the U.S. wants political change in Cuba they should do massive
>> amounts of trade. There should be a Starbucks and a McDonalds on every
>> corner and massive numbers of overweight cruise ship passengers
>> streaming through the streets of Havana drinking rum and smoking cigars.
>
> I've been saying this since the regan administration.
>
>> We trade with China, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and Russia despite their
>> political systems and human rights abuses. The difference is a)
>> Florida's 30 electoral votes, b) China's holding of so much U.S. debt,
>> c) Saudi oil, and d) Turkey's strategic location and NATO membership.
>
> Maybe if trump had tried to build a hotel in Havana.....
>
> https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/security/news/2017/06/14/433927/trumps-conflicts-interest-egypt/
>
> "Donald Trump signed an executive order suspending entry to the United States for citizens from seven Muslim-majority countries—Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen. His suspension did not, however, include larger Muslim-majority countries where the Trump Organization has conducted or pursued business, such as Egypt, Turkey, and Saudi Arabia. The omissions further raised eyebrows because Egyptian citizens have been directly linked to terrorist attacks on U.S. soil, while citizens from some of the banned countries have not."
>

ohferchrissakes.
It was the Obama administration's high terror risk list and
unrelated to religious demographics.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>
Open every day since 1 April, 1971


funkma...@hotmail.com

unread,
Jul 14, 2021, 11:08:58 AM7/14/21
to
From https://www.cato.org/blog/dozen-times-trump-equated-travel-ban-muslim-ban

December 8, 2015: On MSNBC:
Geist: Donald, a customs agent would then ask a person their religion?
Trump: That would be probably—they would say, “Are you Muslim?”
Geist: And if they said, “Yes,” they would not be allowed in the country?
Trump: That’s correct.

May 11, 2016: On Fox News:
" I’m looking at it very strongly with Rudy Giuliani heading it. I’ve spoken to him a little while ago. We’re going to put together a group of five or six people. Very, very highly thought of people, and I think Rudy will head it up, and we’ll look at the Muslim ban or the ‘temporary ban’ as we call it . . . He will head it up and he’s agreed to do so."

July 24, 2016: On NBC:
Chuck Todd: The Muslim ban. I think you've pulled back from it, but you tell me. You said, “Lastly and very importantly,” this is from your speech on Thursday night, “we must immediately suspend immigration from any nation that has been compromised by terrorism until such time as proven vetting mechanisms have been put in place.” This feels like a slight rollback.
Trump: I don’t think it’s a rollback
Todd: Should it be interpreted as that?
Trump: I don’t think so. I actually don’t think it’s a rollback. In fact, you could say it’s an expansion. I’m looking now at territories. People were so upset when I used the word Muslim. Oh, you can’t use the word Muslim. Remember this. And I’m okay with that, because I’m talking territory instead of Muslim.

I don't mind that your a conservative, Andrew. I have many good friends that are much more conservative than I am. The difference is that they see trump for what he is, and trumpism for what it is.

Jeff Liebermann

unread,
Jul 14, 2021, 12:21:19 PM7/14/21
to
On Tue, 13 Jul 2021 14:10:15 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
<cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>On Tuesday, July 13, 2021 at 11:47:06 AM UTC-7, funkma...@hotmail.com wrote:
>You don't know Frank because you can't understand his postings.
>They are too far above your intellectual ability.
>Not that that is something that is difficult to do.
>A frog has a higher intellect than you.

Are you sure that you are qualified to make that judgment? Do you
really need to insult or demean someone before you can disagree with
them? It's interesting that you would elevate your appraisal of
Frank's intelligence for this discussion, just so you can insult
someone else's intelligence. Here's how it works:

"Dunning-Kruger effect"
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect>
The Dunning-Kruger effect is a hypothetical cognitive
bias stating that people with low ability at a task
overestimate their ability.

This YouTube video covers it quite nicely:
"The Truth Why Stupid People Think They're Smart"
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFL5NoM9GVE>

The video also explains why it is almost impossible to win and
argument with you.


--
Jeff Liebermann je...@cruzio.com
PO Box 272 http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

sms

unread,
Jul 14, 2021, 12:46:19 PM7/14/21