claim:'World's fastest bike!'

AMuzi

Sep 23, 2021, 1:34:42 PM9/23/21
https://bikerumor.com/2021/09/17/simplon-pride-ii-aero-road-bike-is-new-worlds-fastest-within-uci-rules-plus-tri-version-more/

I'll hold my breath for the comment, "pffft. No cargo rack,
no dynamo lights, no mudguards"
--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

Lou Holtman

Sep 23, 2021, 2:18:36 PM9/23/21
Yes, lets wait for Statler and Waldorf ;-)

Lou

Ralph Barone

Sep 23, 2021, 3:42:26 PM9/23/21
AMuzi <a...@yellowjersey.org> wrote:
> https://bikerumor.com/2021/09/17/simplon-pride-ii-aero-road-bike-is-new-worlds-fastest-within-uci-rules-plus-tri-version-more/
>

> I'll hold my breath for the comment, "pffft. No cargo rack,
> no dynamo lights, no mudguards"

I’m waiting to see the touring bike announcement - “Now with 18 grams more
cargo capacity and 0.2% lower cDA.”

Joerg

Sep 23, 2021, 4:29:55 PM9/23/21
On 9/23/21 10:34 AM, AMuzi wrote:
> https://bikerumor.com/2021/09/17/simplon-pride-ii-aero-road-bike-is-new-worlds-fastest-within-uci-rules-plus-tri-version-more/
>

> I'll hold my breath for the comment, "pffft.  No cargo rack, no dynamo
> lights, no mudguards"

No bottle holder on the handlebar! And where's the MP3 player? Where
does the growler ride? And the bacon-avocado sandwiches? My bikes has
that 8-)

http://www.analogconsultants.com/ng/bike/Muddy5.JPG

It even has a VHF/UHF radio for emergencies in cell-less areas. Soon to
be complemented with a li'l shortwave transceiver, morse key and antenna
wire (no kidding). So if I ever become stuck 100mi from Fort Zinderneuf ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

jbeattie

Sep 23, 2021, 5:26:01 PM9/23/21
What, and hope to contact a local Boy Scout or someone at the USCG who actually knows Morse code? Why not just get a cheap satellite phone with text capability? Tell your wife to come and get you. It also has GPS, unlike your crystal set. Morse code message: OSO asldkf aas;lkjg a o9'foijwer [intended message-- I am at this place near a rock with some trees on a trail, and I can't find a bent nail to fix my bike. Please bring beer and a bent nail]. Its amazing how we used to go hiking all around the Sierra for days or weeks with no cell phones, radios, AEDs, IV stands, etc., etc. You just buddy-up with someone, making sure he or she has a little extra weight incase you get snowed in and have to do the Donner Party dinner party thing. Pick someone you can out run if you encounter a bear, although Sierra black bears are pretty wimpy. I saw a guy repel one with a bottle of Balls of Fire. https://pautzke.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/600_Eggs-Premium-Jar-Lid-Combo.jpg It did, however, leave with most of his backpack. Damned vermin.

-- Jay Beattie.

Sepp Ruf

Sep 23, 2021, 5:51:30 PM9/23/21
AMuzi wrote:
> https://bikerumor.com/2021/09/17/simplon-pride-ii-aero-road-bike-is-new-worlds-fastest-within-uci-rules-plus-tri-version-more/
>

> I'll hold my breath for the comment, "pffft. No cargo rack,
> no dynamo lights, no mudguards"

That's way too technical for rbt; let's stay political!

As a non-owner of a 2011 Shimano XTR 2011 mountain kampfgruppo, I notice
that SRAM's AXiS sw*st*k* is totally matching a red & carbon colored
bike from Austria!

Joerg

Sep 23, 2021, 6:05:21 PM9/23/21
On 9/23/21 2:25 PM, jbeattie wrote:
> On Thursday, September 23, 2021 at 1:29:55 PM UTC-7, Joerg wrote:
>> On 9/23/21 10:34 AM, AMuzi wrote:
>>> https://bikerumor.com/2021/09/17/simplon-pride-ii-aero-road-bike-is-new-worlds-fastest-within-uci-rules-plus-tri-version-more/
>>>

>>> I'll hold my breath for the comment, "pffft. No cargo rack, no dynamo
>>> lights, no mudguards"
>> No bottle holder on the handlebar! And where's the MP3 player? Where
>> does the growler ride? And the bacon-avocado sandwiches? My bikes has
>> that 8-)
>>
>> http://www.analogconsultants.com/ng/bike/Muddy5.JPG
>>
>> It even has a VHF/UHF radio for emergencies in cell-less areas. Soon to
>> be complemented with a li'l shortwave transceiver, morse key and antenna
>> wire (no kidding). So if I ever become stuck 100mi from Fort Zinderneuf ...
>
> What, and hope to contact a local Boy Scout or someone at the USCG who actually knows Morse code?

Seen the smiley? :-)

When I re-started ham radio and got a US license last year I was very
surprised how many hams are doing morse code. In contrast to the old
days in the 70's and 80's it's now my favorite mode. Mostly it takes
just a few calls and someone will answer. Often from the other end of
the country or from outside. Most of those are very proficient and can
easily converse at 20-30 words per minute.

... Why not just get a cheap satellite phone with text capability?

That's $12/month just for the service fee. I can brew more than two
gallons of beer for that kind of money :-)

[...]

On the MTB I usually can't buddy up anymore because my pals all got
E-MTB and mine is strictly muscle-powered. So I can't keep up with them.
Oh, and it does happen. In spring a guy I was riding with did get a
heart attack up in the hills. He was the last I'd think that would
happen to. Sporty, climbs hills much faster than I can, he is lean, not
a gram of fat, never smoked, under 60, yet it hit him. In that case I
could use a phone.

The little shortwave rig will ride along mainly for another reason,
portable activation from hills:

https://www.sota.org.uk/

ritzann...@gmail.com

Sep 24, 2021, 12:00:58 AM9/24/21
On Thursday, September 23, 2021 at 5:05:21 PM UTC-5, Joerg wrote:
> On 9/23/21 2:25 PM, jbeattie wrote:

> >> No bottle holder on the handlebar! And where's the MP3 player? Where
> >> does the growler ride? And the bacon-avocado sandwiches? My bikes has
> >> that 8-)
> >>
> >> http://www.analogconsultants.com/ng/bike/Muddy5.JPG
> >>
> >> It even has a VHF/UHF radio for emergencies in cell-less areas. Soon to
> >> be complemented with a li'l shortwave transceiver, morse key and antenna
> >> wire (no kidding). So if I ever become stuck 100mi from Fort Zinderneuf ...
> >
> > What, and hope to contact a local Boy Scout or someone at the USCG who actually knows Morse code?
> Seen the smiley? :-)
>
> When I re-started ham radio and got a US license last year I was very

What the HECK????? The USA requires a license to operate a ham radio. Yet there are an uncountable number of a holes sending text messages and tweets with no license or demonstrated intelligence or knowledge at all. The world is mucked up.

ritzann...@gmail.com

Sep 24, 2021, 12:05:44 AM9/24/21
Andy when I read your title I thought it would be a story about some nut drafting a car/wind block at 200 mph. Riding one of those bikes with 289 gear inches track bikes where you can't even turn the pedals until you are going minimum 60 mph. But your link is just some new carbon bike. It is red though. At least half red anyway. So obviously its the fastest bike in the world.

AMuzi

Sep 24, 2021, 9:40:55 AM9/24/21
On 9/23/2021 11:05 PM, russell...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Thursday, September 23, 2021 at 12:34:42 PM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
>> https://bikerumor.com/2021/09/17/simplon-pride-ii-aero-road-bike-is-new-worlds-fastest-within-uci-rules-plus-tri-version-more/
>>

>> I'll hold my breath for the comment, "pffft. No cargo rack,
>> no dynamo lights, no mudguards"

> Andy when I read your title I thought it would be a story about some nut drafting a car/wind block at 200 mph. Riding one of those bikes with 289 gear inches track bikes where you can't even turn the pedals until you are going minimum 60 mph. But your link is just some new carbon bike. It is red though. At least half red anyway. So obviously its the fastest bike in the world.

but but but They have data!
Since 'what gets measured gets done' they studied the new
regulations, built around them and hiked over to the wind
tunnel. Makes a great press release!

ritzann...@gmail.com

Sep 24, 2021, 9:16:21 PM9/24/21
Yeah, but its half red. So you know its the fastest of the fastest. Red.