More of California

Tom Kunich

Sep 7, 2021, 11:27:27 AM9/7/21
Today is a spare the air day. What is the rating? 26. What is a level that would bring on warnings? 100. All over the TV - "DO NOT DRIVE YOUR CARS UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY"

This is the California that Scharf so loves and values. He and that manager at Mike's Bikes.

Frank Krygowski

Sep 7, 2021, 12:13:30 PM9/7/21
On 9/7/2021 11:27 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> Today is a spare the air day. What is the rating? 26. What is a level that would bring on warnings? 100. All over the TV - "DO NOT DRIVE YOUR CARS UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY"
>
> This is the California that Scharf so loves and values. He and that manager at Mike's Bikes.

You need to move out of that hell hole.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Tom Kunich

Sep 7, 2021, 12:40:03 PM9/7/21
Tell me Frank; at what point in time did you get the idea that you could tell me what to do? If you were in front of me and said that you would never say anything again with your entire face turned to mush. You have a serious mental problem that could easily be repaired with the loss of all of your teeth and the fracturing of your ribs.

Frank Krygowski

Sep 7, 2021, 1:39:54 PM9/7/21
It's not a commandment, Tom. It's a pretty simple recommendation.

I lived for some years in a place I grew to really dislike. So I applied
for jobs elsewhere, got an offer I liked and moved. This place is much,
much better.

This is not rocket science. You should be able to do the same.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Mark cleary

Sep 7, 2021, 2:37:31 PM9/7/21
Funny I in Illinois and in my college days an up till maybe I was 30 years old I love to go to Chicago and hang out all around. I studied guitar with a great player and then would go up and see him over the years. I ran the marathon for 10 straight years been on most of the streets on foot. Now 30 years later I hate the place. I don't want to go near the city and of course now it is pretty dangerous you need a bullet proof vest and riot gear to be safe. Give me the small town out in the middle of nowhere much better on the nerves and stress. I have no clue how folks cycle there but they do and quite a bit too.

Tom I suggest Montana everyone is moving there from LA and the Bay area I hear.
Deacon Mark

Joerg

Sep 7, 2021, 2:41:12 PM9/7/21
On 9/7/21 8:27 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> Today is a spare the air day. What is the rating? 26. What is a level that would bring on warnings? 100. All over the TV - "DO NOT DRIVE YOUR CARS UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY"
>
> This is the California that Scharf so loves and values. He and that manager at Mike's Bikes.

AQI is 255 here in Cameron Park. I cut the dog walk short because I
started coughing.

The highest we had here a few days ago was around 650.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

sms

Sep 7, 2021, 5:22:11 PM9/7/21
On 9/7/2021 11:41 AM, Joerg wrote:
> On 9/7/21 8:27 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
>> Today is a spare the air day. What is the rating? 26. What is a level
>> that would bring on warnings? 100. All over the TV - "DO NOT DRIVE
>> YOUR CARS UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY"
>>
>> This is the California that Scharf so loves and values. He and that
>> manager at Mike's Bikes.
>>

> AQI is 255 here in Cameron Park. I cut the dog walk short because I
> started coughing.
>
> The highest we had here a few days ago was around 650.

We were out at Mount Tam on Sunday. Beautiful clear day once the fog
lifted. Down at Stinson Beach there was a pod of dolphins very close to
shore, as well as seals.

At least in the Bay Area, if there is bad air in some parts, you can
usually find a location with good air. Of course a lot of people had the
same idea we did, and the beach was crowded, but we got there early
enough to get a parking space with no problem.

But I'm not wedded to California. Unfortunately, thanks to people like
Tom, my house value increased by another $800K in the past two years, as
the pandemic dragged on due to people that listen to morons like Trump
instead of smart people like Fauci. But I don't want to move far away
from my children, and my wife doesn't want to move far away from her
siblings. Tom's house has gone up in value by about $200K, he could also
move to a place more to his liking.

John B.

Sep 7, 2021, 5:49:42 PM9/7/21
Narcissistic personality disorder --
Defined as... "A mental condition in which people have an
inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive
attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of
empathy for others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence lies a
fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism and
frequently respond to what they perceive as criticism with insults and
threats of physical assault."
--
Cheers,

John B.

ritzann...@gmail.com

Sep 7, 2021, 8:29:08 PM9/7/21
Frank, you're forgetting one very important FACT that makes your suggestion, recommendation, utterly foolish. Tommy lives in his Momma's basement. He cannot move unless Momma moves and gives him her basement to live in. What you are saying is as farcical as saying the Trump children should get real jobs with real companies and not work for daddy. Ha Ha Ha.

As for the main theme of this thread, air quality. Haven't a clue what you all are talking about. Air is just fine where I live. Like it is every day. Temperature, wind, sun, etc. vary. But the air stays the same.

William Crowell

Sep 7, 2021, 8:45:54 PM9/7/21
Not all of California is like the Bay Area or Los Angeles. In El Dorado County where I live, people are pretty conservative and we tend to vote Republican. I moved out of the Bay Area to get away from that liberalism, and hardly ever go there anymore, but when I do the liberal political correctness is so thick you can cut it with a knife. The last time I appeared in court in S.F., when walking from the BART Civic Center station to the Federal Building I had to repeatedly do the broad jump over streams of urine running across the sidewalk, which was not very easy in my Italian patent leather shoes. I'm done with that, I hope.

AMuzi

Sep 7, 2021, 8:53:50 PM9/7/21
Would you expound on Hunter Biden a bit, please?

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

William Crowell

Sep 8, 2021, 8:28:49 AM9/8/21
Andrew wrote: "Would you expound on Hunter Biden a bit, please?"

I can't, because I know very little about it, since the Lamestream Media continues its failure to cover the story. I would like to learn more about Hunter and "the Big Guy", though. Maybe somebody else can expound? And incidentally, I am really, terribly awfully upset at Deacon Mark for having the Body Mass Index that I would like to have. It is not my fault that I like pasta so much; it must be in my genes. I think the government should enact a "Fair BMI" program so that everybody would have the same BMI, regardless of the amount of pasta they consume, and thus a fair outcome would be guaranteed.

AMuzi

Sep 8, 2021, 8:43:45 AM9/8/21
On 9/8/2021 7:28 AM, William Crowell wrote:
> Andrew wrote: "Would you expound on Hunter Biden a bit, please?"
>
> I can't, because I know very little about it, since the Lamestream Media continues its failure to cover the story. I would like to learn more about Hunter and "the Big Guy", though. Maybe somebody else can expound? And incidentally, I am really, terribly awfully upset at Deacon Mark for having the Body Mass Index that I would like to have. It is not my fault that I like pasta so much; it must be in my genes. I think the government should enact a "Fair BMI" program so that everybody would have the same BMI, regardless of the amount of pasta they consume, and thus a fair outcome would be guaranteed.

Easily done.
Just move to Oregon, where the State motto is "Wishing makes
it so" :

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/oregon-scraps-math-english-high-school-graduation-requirements/ar-AAN9Jku

jbeattie

Sep 8, 2021, 9:45:40 AM9/8/21
All I have to say is actually read the bill. It's a temporary COVID measure and not as dire as the the ARSM (Alt-Right Stream Media) would have you believe.

-- Jay Beattie.

Tom Kunich

Sep 8, 2021, 10:17:21 AM9/8/21
I seriously considered moving to Oregon because it is so much cheaper, but the remainder of my family is here and all of my wife's family is here and the family got here in 1880. Should I give up my home because the Democrats have turned it into a hell hole or should I work on getting a Republican elected Governor who will turn this all around?

Tom Kunich

Sep 8, 2021, 10:22:28 AM9/8/21
Tell us Scharf - people listened to Trump say WHAT? Get vaccinated as he put the development of vaccines on the front burner? Maybe you purposely forget Biden and Harris and Pelosi saying that if President Trump suggested they get a vaccination that they would refuse? Tell you what it was that Trump said?

Now the Democrats and Biden are saying that if you don't have a vaccine passport that you can't travel, you can't work and that you'll be locked out of restaurants. I really want to meet you in real life and show you what I think of you.

Tom Kunich

Sep 8, 2021, 10:28:19 AM9/8/21
Jay - is the love fest in downtown Portland a temporary thing? In a Democrat run state, nothing is temporary if it helps the cause of turn man against man. That you're little more than a fish is proof of that.

sms

Sep 8, 2021, 3:20:53 PM9/8/21
On 9/8/2021 5:28 AM, William Crowell wrote:
> Andrew wrote: "Would you expound on Hunter Biden a bit, please?"
>
> I can't, because I know very little about it, since the Lamestream Media continues its failure to cover the story.

When has knowing very little about something ever stopped you from
expounding on the subject?

William Crowell

Sep 8, 2021, 3:33:49 PM9/8/21
SMS wrote: "[Since] When has knowing very little about something ever stopped you from expounding on the subject?"

Good point. I should have made a bunch of stuff up and claimed it was true. I'll try to do better.

Tom Kunich

Sep 8, 2021, 3:51:32 PM9/8/21
On Wednesday, September 8, 2021 at 12:33:49 PM UTC-7, William Crowell wrote:
> SMS wrote: "[Since] When has knowing very little about something ever stopped you from expounding on the subject?"
>
> Good point. I should have made a bunch of stuff up and claimed it was true. I'll try to do better.
Do you mean like Scharf who still hasn't told us what Trump said negative about the vaccine he gave emergency approval?

AMuzi

Sep 8, 2021, 5:36:32 PM9/8/21
Like Lincoln, Mr Trump is "quoted" on scads of things he
never said.

Tom Kunich

Sep 9, 2021, 10:04:49 AM9/9/21
On Wednesday, September 8, 2021 at 2:36:32 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
> On 9/8/2021 2:51 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> > On Wednesday, September 8, 2021 at 12:33:49 PM UTC-7, William Crowell wrote:
> >> SMS wrote: "[Since] When has knowing very little about something ever stopped you from expounding on the subject?"
> >>
> >> Good point. I should have made a bunch of stuff up and claimed it was true. I'll try to do better.
> > Do you mean like Scharf who still hasn't told us what Trump said negative about the vaccine he gave emergency approval?
> >
> Like Lincoln, Mr Trump is "quoted" on scads of things he
> never said.

That would be "misquoted".

sms

Sep 9, 2021, 2:33:42 PM9/9/21
On 9/8/2021 2:36 PM, AMuzi wrote:
> On 9/8/2021 2:51 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
>> On Wednesday, September 8, 2021 at 12:33:49 PM UTC-7, William Crowell
>> wrote:
>>> SMS wrote: "[Since] When has knowing very little about something ever
>>> stopped you from expounding on the subject?"
>>>
>>> Good point. I should have made a bunch of stuff up and claimed it was
>>> true. I'll try to do better.
>> Do you mean like Scharf who still hasn't told us what Trump said
>> negative about the vaccine he gave emergency approval?
>>

> Like Lincoln, Mr Trump is "quoted" on scads of things he never said.

"Former President Donald Trump’s unwillingness to pitch his voters on
getting the jab has become the source of frustration for former aides,
who lament the political benefits that would have come had he done so.
It has also worried health officials from his own administration, who
told POLITICO about a months long effort to get him to publicly take the
lead; and medical experts, who say a full-throated endorsement could
sway vaccine skeptics on the right and get the country closer to herd
immunity."

And of course Trump didn't give emergency approval to the vaccine, he
doesn't have that authority. It was the FDA that granted an Emergency
Use Authorization.

Tom Kunich

Sep 9, 2021, 6:11:51 PM9/9/21
Tell us who these "former aids" were? Fauci?

Tom Kunich

Sep 9, 2021, 6:17:20 PM9/9/21
On Thursday, September 9, 2021 at 11:33:42 AM UTC-7, sms wrote:
Of Course there are those of us who know that the HHS secretary is a direct member of the President's cabinet. Tell us Scharf - what do you suppose that means since he reports directly to the Commander in Chief? We will wait for the several hours that it takes for you mind to begin working.

Tom Kunich

Sep 12, 2021, 4:11:16 PM9/12/21
On Thursday, September 9, 2021 at 11:33:42 AM UTC-7, sms wrote:
I guess it didn't occur to you that DEPARTMENTS of the US government are answerable to the President. I shouldn't be too harsh with you because most people are unaware that most of these departments run uncontrolled simply because no one tries to control them.

pH

Sep 12, 2021, 10:00:39 PM9/12/21
Trigger Warning: This post does not use any new pronouns.

I told my wife about this...a native Oregonian...and she did not believe me
at first until she read it for herself.

No cursive being taught...and now this. I am astonished that the citizens
of Oregon did not fight this tooth and nail.
Another loop in our national downward spiral...

Or perhaps it was just a quiet 'done deal' like California recently moving
to ban small gas engines come 2024.
https://californiaglobe.com/articles/bill-that-would-ban-sales-of-new-small-gas-powered-engine-machines-introduced-in-assembly/
I don't recall reading *anything* about it in the newspapers...and we get
two of 'em.

I was also stunned to see that CA has passed a Universal Basic Income bill,
same as above for any publicity...none that I ever saw.
https://footwearnews.com/2021/business/news/california-guaranteed-income-program-qualifications-info-1203160624/

Maybe the free money can be used for BICYCLES...there, I'm on topic.

pH in Apt

pH

Sep 12, 2021, 10:03:08 PM9/12/21
Ahhh. Well, anyone reading a news article and not the entire bill would
have been misled as well (I believe.). This is good news, Jay, but I wonder
why they did not add a sentence or two about that in any of the articles I
read? Thanks for info!

pH

AMuzi

Sep 12, 2021, 10:14:48 PM9/12/21
Read it for yourself:

https://olis.oregonlegislature.gov/liz/2021R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/SB744/Introduced

'Emergency measures' have a strong tendency to permanence...

sms

Sep 13, 2021, 2:36:09 AM9/13/21
On 9/8/2021 6:45 AM, jbeattie wrote:

<snip>

>> https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/oregon-scraps-math-english-high-school-graduation-requirements/ar-AAN9Jku
>
> All I have to say is actually read the bill. It's a temporary COVID measure and not as dire as the the ARSM (Alt-Right Stream Media) would have you believe.

You're not supposed to read the bill, your just supposed to get all mad
about it.

At least it's a new chew toy for the alt-right. Having gained no
traction with CRT, the claim that the presidential election was stolen,
BLM, January 6th, Hunter Biden, Newsom eating at French Laundry, or
Fauci and Wuhan, they are moving on to complaining about something else.

I expect that Tom went out this weekend to the movies, with no mask, to
a theater, to watch Fauci <https://films.nationalgeographic.com/fauci>.

jbeattie

Sep 13, 2021, 10:14:20 AM9/13/21
The statute is permanent, but it only applies to two academic years. It calls for a study of graduation requirements and anticipates further legislation, but whether that legislation eliminates skills testing is a whole other issue. The statute does not diminish the credit-hour requirement or any other requirement for graduation -- just the skills testing, which has been around for a mere ten years. And only thirteen states even require passing a test to get a diploma. https://www.fairtest.org/graduation-test-update-states-recently-eliminated

Once again, the devil is in the details. Did you pass a test to graduate? I didn't, and I ended up with a college degree and two graduate degrees -- all while working for the Man, rebuilding Model As at five years old and milking cows every morning. I got up before I went to bed, lived in a rolled up newspaper and ate gravel! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue7wM0QC5LE&ab_channel=TheFullMontyPython But I did not take a test to graduate high school.

-- Jay Beattie.

AMuzi

Sep 13, 2021, 10:24:26 AM9/13/21
Nor did I (there was no exam and also I didn't complete or
graduate).

Later I went to University back when an entrance exam and
$130 cash at registration were the requirements.

Tom Kunich

Sep 13, 2021, 10:35:47 AM9/13/21
Scharf, we all know just how twisted your mind is but the lack of reading and math was BEFORE covid-19 and has nothing to do with a phony pandemic.

Tom Kunich

Sep 13, 2021, 10:38:29 AM9/13/21
Jay, even for two years that is a punch in the gut for children. What's more, the miseducation of children started years ago. As I noted before. I sat in a physics class in Cal Berkeley while the "professor" droned on an entire hour about how intellectually gifted Karl Marx was. Not one word of physics passed his lips.

Frank Krygowski

Sep 14, 2021, 12:34:36 PM9/14/21

jbeattie

Sep 14, 2021, 1:59:04 PM9/14/21
Yes, DeSantis went even further in terms of waiving graduation requirements. https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2020/03/17/florida-scraps-testing-k-12-testing-students-to-stay-home-through-april-15-desantis-says/

-- Jay Beattie.

ritzann...@gmail.com

Sep 14, 2021, 8:33:09 PM9/14/21
Imagine Oregon punching kids in the gut by not letting them read, rite, and do rithmetic. While the sainted organic beloved guvners of Florida and Texas are making sure their kids cannot wear masks and making sure they get Covid and die. Much much better to kill kids than make them not learn writing cursive. Evil Oregon. Why doesn't Oregon just kill their kids like Florida and Texas? And Alabama or Mississippi is killing kids too.

Tom Kunich

Sep 15, 2021, 11:35:14 AM9/15/21
On Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 9:34:36 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
You should welcome that Frank. Now you can watch them die by the hundreds of thousands in Florida and that will be your happy proof that Biden is your President and should have been listened to. Or is Fauci your king and to whose advice you must bow?

Tom Kunich

Sep 15, 2021, 11:42:39 AM9/15/21
https://luis46pr.wordpress.com/2021/03/12/cdc-report-admits-mask-wearing-provides-no-real-protection-against-covid/

What's more, anyone under the age of 50 has almost nil chance of either catching covid-19 or having a bad outcome.

But you are successfully scaring people: https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/nearly-half-of-all-hospitalized-patients-with-covid-19-had-only-mild-or-asymptomatic-cases-study-shows/ar-AAOrryl

So heart attack victims cannot find a bed in an ICU because people that tested positive for asymptomatic covid-19 are now sure they are dying.

You and Fauci can be proud of yourselves.

William Crowell

Sep 15, 2021, 12:22:21 PM9/15/21
But Tom, the decision about whether to get vaccinated or not isn't really a problem, because you can do either one and still claim the Democrats told you to do it. Remember, when the vaccines first became available they told you NOT to take it because Trump recommended it. Now they purport to REQUIRE you to take the exact same vaccine. So the question arises: were the Democrats lying earlier, or are they lying now? I believe they are lying now. That's my judgment call. While YYMV, you've got to admit that I've got plenty of Democrat evidence to support my decision, so you can hardly quibble over it.

Tom Kunich

Sep 15, 2021, 2:11:25 PM9/15/21
On Wednesday, September 15, 2021 at 9:22:21 AM UTC-7, William Crowell wrote:
> But Tom, the decision about whether to get vaccinated or not isn't really a problem, because you can do either one and still claim the Democrats told you to do it. Remember, when the vaccines first became available they told you NOT to take it because Trump recommended it. Now they purport to REQUIRE you to take the exact same vaccine. So the question arises: were the Democrats lying earlier, or are they lying now? I believe they are lying now. That's my judgment call. While YYMV, you've got to admit that I've got plenty of Democrat evidence to support my decision, so you can hardly quibble over it.

When they claim that 80% of the state is vaccinated you have to ask yourself why they are so frightened of covid-19 that you MUST WEAR A MASK. https://luis46pr.wordpress.com/2021/03/12/cdc-report-admits-mask-wearing-provides-no-real-protection-against-covid/

Sepp Ruf

Sep 20, 2021, 6:04:33 AM9/20/21
Tom Kunich wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 10:59:04 AM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:

Here's the small print: You can have your pasta if you ride a bicycle
for three hours following your meal. And if you feel hungry after the
ride, you go back for two more hours of riding because you previously
had not worked out hard enough.

>>> Related, perhaps:
>>>
>>> https://www.yahoo.com/news/desantis-calls-end-annual-spring-145106845.html
>> Yes, DeSantis went even further in terms of waiving graduation requirements. https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2020/03/17/florida-scraps-testing-k-12-testing-students-to-stay-home-through-april-15-desantis-says/
>
> https://luis46pr.wordpress.com/2021/03/12/cdc-report-admits-mask-wearing-provides-no-real-protection-against-covid/
>
> What's more, anyone under the age of 50 has almost nil chance of either catching covid-19 or having a bad outcome.

Closer to rbt's mean age bracket, but of course, Jim is both smarter and
more successful than all the rbt commies and lawyers combined:
<https://www.financialsense.com/podcast/20057/jim-puplava-how-i-survived-covid-age-70>

Tom Kunich

Sep 20, 2021, 2:16:59 PM9/20/21
The man looks fit for his age and truthfully I am surprised that he had any problems at all. I wonder if this was what is happening now - the employer demands that the employee get a covid-19 test. He complies and they use PCR to show he has this illness. Then they rush them off to the hospital and frighten hell out of them telling them that they are "just in time to save you" while they are in truth either completely asymptomatic or with only very minor symptoms. ("Yes, only your nose is running but soon you won't be able to breath and we'll have to put you on a ventilator". Then when none of this transpires, "See, we saved you with our immediate aid." What was the aid? Ibuprofen and something to stop the sniffles.

I have said this dozens of times - PCR is not a method by which you can identify SARS-Cov-2. The electron microscope pictures that they have shown supposedly showing that virus did nothing of the kind. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkqQIY7J0fQ