Trollfest: A Kennedy with a backbone on the Trump impeachment

Andre Jute

Sep 25, 2019, 1:53:57 PM9/25/19
I was very much against the impeachment of Bill Clinton on what was essentially a private mater, buggerall to do with the conduct of the nation's affairs. To me that described an assault on his freedom of choice by a bunch of net-curtain twitchers. It was a political stitch-up and it cost the Republicans.

Now we have another partisan, political stitch-up, this time by the Democrats impeaching President Trump in essence simply because they don't like him; more sanctimonious curtain twitching, this time from the Democrats.

I confidently predict that it will cost the Democrats whatever small chance they had of putting Mr Trump out of the White House in 2020. Not that it takes much political acumen to predict something so obvious. Here's a smart Republican senator agreeing with me:

“If you want to impeach him, stop talking. Do it. Do it. Go to Amazon, buy a spine and do it.” -- Senator John Kennedy (R., La.), a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

"Go to Amazon, buy a spine and do it.” Heh-heh! Trump must be laughing his head off every time the cameras are not on him.

I know, I know, it is cruel to laugh at a bunch of fanatics -- which I always thought Speaker Pelosi and Senator Feinstein are -- scourging themselves with cat-o-nine-tails in public, but this is going to be fun, unless you're a Democrat with enough brains to foresee the consequences of your party's lack of discipline.

Andre Jute
I do love a bit of old-fashioned stand-up comedy

AMuzi

Sep 25, 2019, 3:11:07 PM9/25/19
On 9/25/2019 12:53 PM, Andre Jute wrote:
> I was very much against the impeachment of Bill Clinton on what was essentially a private mater, buggerall to do with the conduct of the nation's affairs. To me that described an assault on his freedom of choice by a bunch of net-curtain twitchers. It was a political stitch-up and it cost the Republicans.
>
> Now we have another partisan, political stitch-up, this time by the Democrats impeaching President Trump in essence simply because they don't like him; more sanctimonious curtain twitching, this time from the Democrats.
>
> I confidently predict that it will cost the Democrats whatever small chance they had of putting Mr Trump out of the White House in 2020. Not that it takes much political acumen to predict something so obvious. Here's a smart Republican senator agreeing with me:
>
> “If you want to impeach him, stop talking. Do it. Do it. Go to Amazon, buy a spine and do it.†-- Senator John Kennedy (R., La.), a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee.
>
> "Go to Amazon, buy a spine and do it.†Heh-heh! Trump must be laughing his head off every time the cameras are not on him.
>
> I know, I know, it is cruel to laugh at a bunch of fanatics -- which I always thought Speaker Pelosi and Senator Feinstein are -- scourging themselves with cat-o-nine-tails in public, but this is going to be fun, unless you're a Democrat with enough brains to foresee the consequences of your party's lack of discipline.
>
> Andre Jute
> I do love a bit of old-fashioned stand-up comedy

The Clinton fiasco began with fraud (Whitewater Development
Corp) and bank fraud (Madison Guarantee) and conspiracy
(Rose Law Firm) but the investigation went off the rails
when Monica Lewinsky's escapades with Mr Clinton were
revealed, then leaked, in all their salacious detail.

Clinton lied about her and was impeached on only two counts,
perjury (for lying under oath to a Federal Grand Jury) and
obstructing justice. He was disbarred in a comedic pretense
that some lawyers have less moral turpitude than others.

Hillary, at the center of the cattle futures deal, the
Whitewater fraud, and Madison Guaranty (which ultimately
cost FDIC some $70 million) did not produce the billing
records of Rose Law Firm under subpoena. Those records
magically appeared in her office days after the statue ran.
She was never charged.

So, yes it's a shame and a travesty but in a very real sense
both Mr & Ms Clinton ought to thank their stars for Monica.
The circus atmosphere kept serious charges for serious
crimes from ever being brought.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

Andre Jute

Sep 25, 2019, 5:59:35 PM9/25/19
I got all of that back then, and prosecutors failed the nation by not putting the Clintons in common criminal court, but none of it, including perjury trap crap, was impeachment material, and especially the lascivious stuff had no place in the deliberations of serious legislative chambers. In the end it was the Republicans getting the Democrats back for Nixon, who outsiders still can't believe was broken for the sort of behaviour the Kennedy brothers got away with every other week.

And another chance to put the Clintons in jail was missed when they stole $116,000 worth of White House furniture when they vacated it. (That, even in the swamp of their crimes, more than anything else defines them as scum.)

> So, yes it's a shame and a travesty but in a very real sense
> both Mr & Ms Clinton ought to thank their stars for Monica.

Well said!

> The circus atmosphere kept serious charges for serious
> crimes from ever being brought.

This time the circus (three years of "Russian collusion" ginned up by the Clinton Campaign and Obama Administration with the aid of at least three foreign governments -- Britain, Russia, Australia) has left town and taken the popular excitement with it. I think Joe Six-Pack is heartily sick of the Democrats' obstruction and excess.

> --
> Andrew Muzi
> <www.yellowjersey.org/>
> Open every day since 1 April, 1971

But I'm past outrage. I'm serene. I'm going to laugh my head off at the hypocrisy and sanctimony of the Democrats knifing themselves again, with a blunt potato peeler, at that. It looks like neither the Democrats nor the media have learned the lesson of 1916, that if they turn the Presidency into a gladiatorial arena, Mr Trump had 14 years in the Colosseum of a weekly adversarial TV show, compared to their rare appearances with amateurs in the provinces. History will tell us the Democrats provided Trump with an ever bigger stage to run his election campaign on.

Andre Jute
Sad for Americans, though, to have the oldest democratic party in the world misbehave for so long, with no end in sight

John B.

Sep 25, 2019, 6:55:42 PM9/25/19
On Wed, 25 Sep 2019 14:11:06 -0500, AMuzi <a...@yellowjersey.org> wrote:

>On 9/25/2019 12:53 PM, Andre Jute wrote:
>> I was very much against the impeachment of Bill Clinton on what was essentially a private mater, buggerall to do with the conduct of the nation's affairs. To me that described an assault on his freedom of choice by a bunch of net-curtain twitchers. It was a political stitch-up and it cost the Republicans.
>>
>> Now we have another partisan, political stitch-up, this time by the Democrats impeaching President Trump in essence simply because they don't like him; more sanctimonious curtain twitching, this time from the Democrats.
>>
>> I confidently predict that it will cost the Democrats whatever small chance they had of putting Mr Trump out of the White House in 2020. Not that it takes much political acumen to predict something so obvious. Here's a smart Republican senator agreeing with me:
>>
>> “If you want to impeach him, stop talking. Do it. Do it. Go to Amazon, buy a spine and do it.�€? -- Senator John Kennedy (R., La.), a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee.
>>
>> "Go to Amazon, buy a spine and do it.�€? Heh-heh! Trump must be laughing his head off every time the cameras are not on him.
>>
>> I know, I know, it is cruel to laugh at a bunch of fanatics -- which I always thought Speaker Pelosi and Senator Feinstein are -- scourging themselves with cat-o-nine-tails in public, but this is going to be fun, unless you're a Democrat with enough brains to foresee the consequences of your party's lack of discipline.
>>
>> Andre Jute
>> I do love a bit of old-fashioned stand-up comedy
>>

>The Clinton fiasco began with fraud (Whitewater Development
>Corp) and bank fraud (Madison Guarantee) and conspiracy
>(Rose Law Firm) but the investigation went off the rails
>when Monica Lewinsky's escapades with Mr Clinton were
>revealed, then leaked, in all their salacious detail.
>
>Clinton lied about her and was impeached on only two counts,
>perjury (for lying under oath to a Federal Grand Jury) and
>obstructing justice. He was disbarred in a comedic pretense
>that some lawyers have less moral turpitude than others.
>
>Hillary, at the center of the cattle futures deal, the
>Whitewater fraud, and Madison Guaranty (which ultimately
>cost FDIC some $70 million) did not produce the billing
>records of Rose Law Firm under subpoena. Those records
>magically appeared in her office days after the statue ran.
>She was never charged.
>
>So, yes it's a shame and a travesty but in a very real sense
>both Mr & Ms Clinton ought to thank their stars for Monica.
>The circus atmosphere kept serious charges for serious
>crimes from ever being brought.

And today you have a 70 year old guy with the blond comb over who, it
is said, has been accused of raping a 13 year old girl. has been
accused of raping his ex wife, accused of attempted rape of business
associate and had sexual misconduct allegations been made against him
by at least 22 women.
--
cheers,

John B.

Tom Kunich

Sep 25, 2019, 7:37:56 PM9/25/19
I just got a message from the Presidents Advisory Committee who supposedly are a non-denomination group. They asked if I approved of this impeachment inquiry (that is not a valid investigation without a DIRECT vote of the House of Representatives). I answered no and they immediately turned on the counter and there were several thousands of votes and 98% of them were "NO".

Pelosi has more or less guaranteed Trump's reelection which really was never in doubt, but probably the loss of the majority of Democrat seats from both houses. The American public does not respond well to threats.

Andre Jute

Sep 25, 2019, 7:53:27 PM9/25/19
I just want add that Andrew Muzi on Bill Clinton being "disbarred in a comedic pretense
that some lawyers have less moral turpitude than others" gets my vote for the most cuttingly apt summary of the entire crooked oeuvre of the Clintons. Just as well Master Muzi went into bicycles rather than literature...

AJ

Andre Jute

Sep 25, 2019, 8:04:59 PM9/25/19
You're just jealous, Slow Johnny.

Andre Jute
Donald Trump beats Bill Clinton hands down. In every department. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Trump manages to be impeached at least twice to Poor Bill's once.

AMuzi

Sep 25, 2019, 8:23:36 PM9/25/19
On 9/25/2019 5:55 PM, John B. wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Sep 2019 14:11:06 -0500, AMuzi <a...@yellowjersey.org> wrote:
>
>> On 9/25/2019 12:53 PM, Andre Jute wrote:
>>> I was very much against the impeachment of Bill Clinton on what was essentially a private mater, buggerall to do with the conduct of the nation's affairs. To me that described an assault on his freedom of choice by a bunch of net-curtain twitchers. It was a political stitch-up and it cost the Republicans.
>>>
>>> Now we have another partisan, political stitch-up, this time by the Democrats impeaching President Trump in essence simply because they don't like him; more sanctimonious curtain twitching, this time from the Democrats.
>>>
>>> I confidently predict that it will cost the Democrats whatever small chance they had of putting Mr Trump out of the White House in 2020. Not that it takes much political acumen to predict something so obvious. Here's a smart Republican senator agreeing with me:
>>>
>>> “If you want to impeach him, stop talking. Do it. Do it. Go to Amazon, buy a spine and do it.� -- Senator John Kennedy (R., La.), a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee.
>>>
>>> "Go to Amazon, buy a spine and do it.� Heh-heh! Trump must be laughing his head off every time the cameras are not on him.
Strong dollar, full employment.
What was the question again?

Frank Krygowski

Sep 25, 2019, 8:59:08 PM9/25/19
How funny that was not the line Republicans were singing during the
Clinton fiasco!

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2019-01-28/trump-economy-lags-clinton-s-obama-s-reagan-s-and-even-carter-s

"Measured by 14 gauges of economic activity and financial performance,
the U.S. economy is not doing as well under Trump as it did under all
but one of the four Republicans and three Democrats who have occupied
the White House since 1976.

"These yardsticks, compiled by Bloomberg, assess a broad range of
activity — from job and wage growth to the strength of the real estate
and auto industries to the health of stock and bond investments that
deliver security to workers and retirees alike. They are:

"Total nonfarm payrolls
Manufacturing jobs
Value of the dollar compared to major currencies
Gross domestic product
Federal budget deficit (or surplus) as a percentage of GDP
Disposable income per capita
Household debt as a percentage of disposable income
Home equity
Car sales
Hourly wages
Productivity
Bond-market performance
The Standard & Poor’s 500 Index of U.S. stocks
Gap between U.S. and global stock performance

"By compiling and ranking the annual improvement in these measures under
each of the last seven presidents, an average economic-progress score
can be assigned. The scoring gives equal weight to each measure to avoid
confusion over valuations that anyone could consider arbitrary. By these
measures, we reported two years ago, the economy under President Bill
Clinton was No. 1. "

Ah, shifting standards. Fun to watch! :-)

--
- Frank Krygowski

AMuzi

Sep 25, 2019, 9:08:27 PM9/25/19
As I noted here previously, we do not have a system to find
the perfect replacement for Mother Theresa. We choose the
best or least bad of two main finishers[1].

And historic comparisons, while interesting, will have have
much less bearing in November 2020 than a direct contrast of
2017~2020 against 2009~2016. Mr Trump looks good in that light.

[1] I have written in or voted minor party more often than
most USAians, but I have since mended my ways. Pissing away
my 1980 vote on the Libertarians, Clark & Koch, ended it for
me. I exhort you to not let the perfect be the enemy of the
merely not-so-terrible.

John B.

Sep 25, 2019, 9:12:32 PM9/25/19
On Wed, 25 Sep 2019 19:23:37 -0500, AMuzi <a...@yellowjersey.org> wrote:

>On 9/25/2019 5:55 PM, John B. wrote:

Strong Dollar? Only meaningful is you are buying from other countries.
Full employment? Hmmm:

U.S. Beer Industry Blames Trump Tariffs for 40,000 Job Losses

Mid-Continental Nail, the largest US nail producer, laid off 130
workers after steel prices jumped. One of its plant managers said the
entire business could shut down over the next few months.

Element Electronics, a TV manufacturer, plans to lay off 127 workers
from its South Carolina factory as "a result of the new tariffs that
were recently and unexpectedly imposed on many goods imported from
China."

The Tampa Bay Times said in April that it was forced to lay off 50
people because of a tariff on Canadian newsprint.

The consulting group The Trade Partnership, found in a recent study
that the number of jobs lost in industries that rely on steel and
aluminum to produce goods would far outweigh the jobs protected in the
metals industry.
"The tariffs and retaliation would increase U.S. steel employment and
non-ferrous metals (primarily aluminum) employment by 26,346 jobs, but
cost a net of 495,136 jobs throughout the rest of the economy, for a
total net loss of nearly 470,000 jobs," the study said.

-----
In June 1930 Congress approved the Smoot\Hawley Tariff Act which
raised tariffs on thousands of imported items. The intent of the Act
was to encourage the purchase of American-made products by increasing
the cost of imported goods, while raising revenue for the federal
government and protecting farmers. Other nations increased tariffs on
American-made goods in retaliation, reducing international trade, and
worsening the Depression.

As George Santayana once said, "Those who cannot remember the past are
condemned to repeat it."
--
cheers,

John B.

John B.

Sep 25, 2019, 9:20:20 PM9/25/19
Undoubtedly the greatest weakness of the democratic system. Or as
Winston Churchill once said, "democracy is the worst system, except
for all the rest".

--
cheers,

John B.

jbeattie

Sep 25, 2019, 11:00:22 PM9/25/19
Yes, in spite of any administration policy.

Keep in mind that Donnie wants a weak dollar and is pressuring the Fed to achieve that goal. And a strong dollar does not nearly offset the effect of tariffs on household income. Read the CBO estimates. Full employment means endless $10/hr jobs and not living wage jobs that are critical to rebuilding our middle class.

The Trump tax give-away and stimulus has resulted in massive budget deficits and a record national debt. When the debt comes due, some Democratic president will again be stuck with a giant steaming pile of shit. Any conservative Republican would have made more modest changes to the corporate tax rate, worked with State and other on a coherent trade policy to pursue with China instead of successive tweets to swing the market as necessary. If Trump were CEO of my corporation, I and the other directors would fire him.

-- Jay Beattie.

jbeattie

Sep 25, 2019, 11:13:59 PM9/25/19
Really? Hmmm. I'm paying more tax now, paying more for goods -- particularly Chinese goods. My self-paid health insurance has gone up and not down. I can identify no Trump policy that has produced upside for me. And any any increase in stock or real estate income has nothing to do with the current administration -- except that my real estate investments have probably appreciated more rapidly because Trump is scaring people out of equities markets. Cost of capital is low, bond yields are in the toilet, so people are buying income real estate.

-- Jay Beattie.

jbeattie

Sep 25, 2019, 11:16:55 PM9/25/19
I can be a felon and write dime novels. I can't be a felon and practice the law. People can sputter about evil lawyers as much as they want, but if I lie, cheat or steal, I get disbarred. Then its off to writing novellas. Or maybe open a bike shop. I was thinking of doing that about forty years ago.

-- Jay Beattie.

John B.

Sep 25, 2019, 11:24:37 PM9/25/19
Ah Jay... you just don't understand all that technical stuff. Just
talk to Tom and he'll clear up all those nebulas little financial
questions for you.
--
cheers,

John B.

Andre Jute

Sep 26, 2019, 7:36:29 AM9/26/19
No, no, no! if you are caught lying, cheating or stealing *often enough*, emphasis on often, you could maybe get disbarred but, like all worthwhile activities, it's harder to be disbarred than most people would believe. Vide Michael Avenatti.

You do have a thing about dime novels, Jay; you keep mentioning them. Don't try to make a living at it.* It's a skilled trade. In fact, I wish I could write dime novels, but it's like my teenage dream of being a stand-up comic, I just don't have the common touch. Same reason I never even thought of becoming a lawyer.

You don't know anything about novellas either. Or essays, or about a hundred other literary formats.

Andre Jute
* Something else that's a skilled trade is writing Mills & Boon romances to meet the ferociously restrictive format and still say something interesting. Don't go there either when you get disbarred. You'll fall flat on your face, and deservedly so.

Zen Cycle

Sep 26, 2019, 9:09:44 AM9/26/19
On Wednesday, September 25, 2019 at 8:23:36 PM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:

> Strong dollar, full employment.
> What was the question again?

Thanks for letting us all know your morality can be bought - and rather cheaply at that.

AMuzi

Sep 26, 2019, 9:29:11 AM9/26/19
meh.
I am not judge and jury of Mr Trump's soul. Or lack thereof.

I am merely a citizen. And a taxpayer.

Zen Cycle

Sep 26, 2019, 9:35:47 AM9/26/19
On Wednesday, September 25, 2019 at 3:11:07 PM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:

> The Clinton fiasco began with fraud (Whitewater Development
> Corp) and bank fraud (Madison Guarantee) and conspiracy
> (Rose Law Firm) but the investigation went off the rails
> when Monica Lewinsky's escapades with Mr Clinton were
> revealed, then leaked, in all their salacious detail.

The investigation was well-off the rails well before that. 5 separate congressional investigations and an independent council failed to find any evidence of illegal activity on the part of the clintons, even with alleged "witnesses" cooperating with the investigations. The closest Ken Starr got was a fraudulent loan to Karen Mcdougal having nothing to do with whitewater, and that he couldn't connect to the clintons. Ken Starrs investigation into white water was such an abject failure, that his final report to congress didn't mention any criminal activity on the part of the clintons related to whitewater, instead focusing on the lewinski scandal.

> So, yes it's a shame and a travesty but in a very real sense
> both Mr & Ms Clinton ought to thank their stars for Monica.
> The circus atmosphere kept serious charges for serious
> crimes from ever being brought.

The white water investigation was already winding down, and Starr had publicly announced he was leaving the investigation for a job at Pepperdine. It was only after the lewinski scandal broke that he postponed his resignation. Funny how historical facts seem to evade the conservative sheep in this country.

REmember how trump was going to make sure hillary was charged and tried? What ever happened to that? A republican president with both houses of congress under his thumb for two years - and no prosecution. Why is that, Andrew? Are you going to take the kunich tack and claim it's because the republicans are afraid of violent rioting in the streets by liberals if she gets convicted? Or Maybe it's because they all know it's a load of bullshit fed to their rube constituents.

jbeattie

Sep 26, 2019, 9:58:15 AM9/26/19
Well, educate me. What format is Cold War Hot Passions?

CoolMain Press Proudly Announces
the epic saga
of ten intertwined families
who live and die by their love of
their Russian and American motherlands
and the searing passions they
arouse in each other

This sort of sounds like War and Piece of Ass. Epic poem? Novel? Novella? Porn? http://coolmainpress.com/andrejute.html

You should really invest in a site that doesn't look like some Google translate monstrosity -- and cover art that doesn't make you work look like 1950s True Detective. If you want to be serious, look serious -- get a deerstalker and a pipe and better cover art.

-- Jay Beattie.

Frank Krygowski

Sep 26, 2019, 12:03:10 PM9/26/19
On 9/26/2019 9:29 AM, AMuzi wrote:
> On 9/26/2019 8:09 AM, Zen Cycle wrote:
>> On Wednesday, September 25, 2019 at 8:23:36 PM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
>>>
>>> Strong dollar, full employment.
>>> What was the question again?
>>
>> Thanks for letting us all know your morality can be bought - and
>> rather cheaply at that.
>>

> meh.
> I am not judge and jury of Mr Trump's soul. Or lack thereof.
>
> I am merely a citizen. And a taxpayer.

Countless people who claim they are not judges of Trump's soul were once
rabid judges of Clinton's soul.

Many remain judges of Clinton's soul, pretending it still somehow matters.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Frank Krygowski

Sep 26, 2019, 12:06:15 PM9/26/19
On 9/26/2019 9:35 AM, Zen Cycle wrote:
> Funny how historical facts seem to evade the conservative sheep in this country.

+1

--
- Frank Krygowski

AMuzi

Sep 26, 2019, 12:41:28 PM9/26/19
Not I, and I believe most USAians agree the Lewinsky saga
was a bridge too far. And he was not convicted at any rate.

Hence we see this week's repeat of the error because no one
learns from history. Ever.

Zen Cycle

Sep 26, 2019, 12:56:45 PM9/26/19
On Thursday, September 26, 2019 at 9:58:15 AM UTC-4, jbeattie wrote:
> On Thursday, September 26, 2019 at 4:36:29 AM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
> >
> > You don't know anything about novellas either. Or essays, or about a
> > hundred other literary formats.
>
> Well, educate me. What format is Cold War Hot Passions?

looks like the "failing-author-grasping-at-anything-to-be-noticed" genre

> CoolMain Press Proudly Announces
> the epic saga
> of ten intertwined families
> who live and die by their love of
> their Russian and American motherlands
> and the searing passions they
> arouse in each other
>
> This sort of sounds like War and Piece of Ass.

Bowchickawow

> Epic poem? Novel? Novella? Porn? http://coolmainpress.com/andrejute.html
>
> You should really invest in a site that doesn't look like some
> Google translate monstrosity

Maybe fix the broken links, the misdirected links

Ralph Steadman has been available for some time - since Hunter Thompson blew his brains out. He's been designing beer labels for a few extra bucks (https://www.flyingdog.com/ ....not that there's anything wrong with that, good work if you can get it). Maybe he can give you a bit more pizzazz.

> If you want to be serious, look serious -- get a deerstalker and a pipe
> and better cover art.

wouldn't that be just a _bit_ derivative?

Andre Jute

Sep 26, 2019, 6:17:46 PM9/26/19
Your reply makes you sound like the sort of shyster who turns up in court to "represent" his client without reading more than the cover page of the paperwork. Are you, Jay?

Andre Jute
Every time the clown-left doesn't have an answer for rational arguments, they descend to ad hominem

Tom Kunich

Sep 26, 2019, 6:33:43 PM9/26/19
Frank, If you want to believe that then by all means do so. "Not doing as good". Well, it did better under Clinton because he was stuck with a Republican Congress for six years and they wouldn't let him change that Reaganomics that YOU at the time swore wasn't working. In fact that was the first time in modern history that we actually started paying off the National Debt. The jackass Republicans pushed for an impeachment and seemed surprised that they were all voted out and replaced with even more jackass Democrats who they raised taxes and began spending. In four years all of the gains by Reagan were wiped out.

You would have thought that the government would have learned a lesson - beat them at the ballot box or shut the fuck up. But they didn't and the Democrat are about to lose MOST of the seats they presently hold. If California were a Republic it would be Republican but with simple Democracy the Democrats can fix the elections.

Frank - your worst nightmare is about to be realized - the Democrat Party has just committed suicide and you are helping them.

Tom Kunich

Sep 26, 2019, 6:45:42 PM9/26/19
On Wednesday, September 25, 2019 at 6:08:27 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
The problem with the Party system is that the politicians sooner or later take over and try to use seniority rather than the man best for the job. That was what Hillary was - NO ONE LIKED HER.

So what have they fallen back on now? The total desires of the extremely small radical extremists who are little more than terrorists. Anyone that believes for one second that anyone is going to vote for one of that crowd believes in magic.

In this next election you are about to see something similar to President Reagan's 2nd term where he won 48 states (or as Obama would say - 57 states)

Tom Kunich

Sep 26, 2019, 6:47:38 PM9/26/19
Jay, you haven't even a passing acquaintance with economics so you should stick with defending pedophiles.

Tom Kunich

Sep 26, 2019, 6:49:42 PM9/26/19
Jay, why don't you either tell us your yearly income or at least what percentage of the top incomes you are in? Your comments are precisely what I expect of the upper income white elite.

Tom Kunich

Sep 26, 2019, 6:50:51 PM9/26/19
I don't question your honesty in the least. I question your ethics.

Tom Kunich

Sep 26, 2019, 6:54:21 PM9/26/19
On Thursday, September 26, 2019 at 4:36:29 AM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
I had forgotten about Avenatti - I just saw somewhere else where he was getting into one of the crusty law suits. After he was caught red handed stealing money from Stormy Daniels you'd think that his license would have been pulled. But as you say, I expect you're correct that the Bar doesn't react until the umteenth time.

Tom Kunich

Sep 26, 2019, 6:55:19 PM9/26/19
What would you know about it? You don't even know the definition of Morality.

Tom Kunich

Sep 26, 2019, 6:57:41 PM9/26/19
Tell you what jerkoff - and those people learned a lesson. Unlike you who believe that the re-election of Clinton meant nothing at all.

John B.

Sep 26, 2019, 7:00:40 PM9/26/19
On Thu, 26 Sep 2019 11:41:27 -0500, AMuzi <a...@yellowjersey.org> wrote:

>On 9/26/2019 11:03 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:

>>> meh.
>>> I am not judge and jury of Mr Trump's soul. Or lack thereof.
>>>
>>> I am merely a citizen. And a taxpayer.
>>>

>> Countless people who claim they are not judges of Trump's
>> soul were once rabid judges of Clinton's soul.
>>
>> Many remain judges of Clinton's soul, pretending it still
>> somehow matters.
>>

>Not I, and I believe most USAians agree the Lewinsky saga
>was a bridge too far. And he was not convicted at any rate.

But FDR was having it off with his secretary, Eisenhower was sleeping
with his female driver while in England. In fact it appears that
perhaps a majority of U.S. presidents, starting with Washington, did,
at one time or another, "cheat" on their wives.

Given that this straying from the matrimonial bounds was/is so common
why is it such a sin in only one case?

--
cheers,

John B.

jbeattie

Sep 26, 2019, 7:07:29 PM9/26/19
So, Tom, did you ever have an employment where you had to follow ethical rules? Note: https://www.osbar.org/_docs/rulesregs/orpc.pdf I do.

-- Jay Beattie.

John B.

Sep 26, 2019, 7:11:11 PM9/26/19
Who from his posts came from a middle income family, worked and put
himself through collage, and now apparently enjoys a better life style
than you do.

An example of "the American dream", as opposed to you who brag about
his lack of education and bemoans the fact that he has trouble paying
his grocery bill.

--
cheers,

John B.

John B.

Sep 26, 2019, 7:13:59 PM9/26/19
On Thu, 26 Sep 2019 15:50:49 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
<slto...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday, September 25, 2019 at 8:16:55 PM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
>> On Wednesday, September 25, 2019 at 4:53:27 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
>> > I just want add that Andrew Muzi on Bill Clinton being "disbarred in a comedic pretense
>> > that some lawyers have less moral turpitude than others" gets my vote for the most cuttingly apt summary of the entire crooked oeuvre of the Clintons. Just as well Master Muzi went into bicycles rather than literature...
>> >
>> > AJ

Ethics? How can one of the most enthusiastic liars on the Internet
talk about ethics?
--
cheers,

John B.

jbeattie

Sep 26, 2019, 7:25:54 PM9/26/19
I'm typically the one who wrote the paperwork, so no.

-- Jay Beattie.

Frank Krygowski

Sep 26, 2019, 7:38:11 PM9/26/19
And you're claiming it was? That's very much disputable. But you'd have
to understand numbers and stuff.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2014/09/18/the-obama-economy-vs-the-reagan-economy-its-literally-no-contest/#45db82705f01

--
- Frank Krygowski

Frank Krygowski

Sep 26, 2019, 7:39:37 PM9/26/19
Tom, when you make demands like that, you really should go first.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Tom Kunich

Sep 26, 2019, 7:41:23 PM9/26/19
That's not what I was talking about and you well know it. My brother-in-law was a really good lawyer and the worlds biggest asshole.

Tom Kunich

Sep 26, 2019, 7:44:16 PM9/26/19
I have shown you the errors of those stupid claims many times. You want to believe them and it makes you feel good, fine. But as I say, Trump is going to be elected by a HUGE majority.

That will give you four more years to tell us that he doesn't know what he's doing and that only deplorables would vote for him.

Frank Krygowski

Sep 26, 2019, 7:44:56 PM9/26/19
Your posts read like those of a drunken sixth grader. Get a grip, Tom.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Frank Krygowski

Sep 26, 2019, 7:47:34 PM9/26/19
There's this for Professional Engineers:
https://www.nspe.org/resources/ethics/code-ethics

Of course, Tom wouldn't qualify for a PE license.

--
- Frank Krygowski

John B.

Sep 26, 2019, 7:52:28 PM9/26/19
On Thu, 26 Sep 2019 16:41:20 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
<slto...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thursday, September 26, 2019 at 4:07:29 PM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:

And, it might be said, that you are not a lawyer at all and, giving
your brother his title, the second biggest ass hole in the world.

(By the way, my spelling checker says that you mispelled "asshole")
--
cheers,

John B.

Frank Krygowski

Sep 26, 2019, 7:55:21 PM9/26/19
> I have shown you the errors of those stupid claims many times...

I'm just commenting on your "Tell us your income" schtick. It's
ludicrous. And the fact that you haven't posted your own income shows
that you know that.

So quit posting grade school arguments.

--
- Frank Krygowski

John B.

Sep 26, 2019, 9:02:29 PM9/26/19
Ah, but he did post, by implication, an indication of his income.
Don't you remember... "Gee, groceries cost so much".

>So quit posting grade school arguments.
--
cheers,

John B.

Zen Cycle

Sep 27, 2019, 10:28:28 AM9/27/19
C'mon frank, you know how tom gets when you show him facts....

Zen Cycle

Sep 27, 2019, 10:30:41 AM9/27/19
Especially since they voted for a man who has cheated on all three of his wives, and payed hush money to prostitutes

Zen Cycle

Sep 27, 2019, 10:37:22 AM9/27/19
On Thursday, September 26, 2019 at 7:41:23 PM UTC-4, Tom Kunich wrote:

> My brother-in-law was a really good lawyer and the worlds biggest asshole.

Quite obviously a genetic pre-disposition with the Kunich Klan

Zen Cycle

Sep 27, 2019, 10:39:01 AM9/27/19
I know that people like you seem to be willing to sell theirs rather cheaply.

Tom Kunich

Sep 27, 2019, 12:14:23 PM9/27/19
Tell us Frank - why would I want to be a PE when I was making a quarter of a million dollars a year as an electronics engineer and manager? If you weren't an old and broken down old fool that never accomplished anything in his life I might be insulted by you. But unlike you I actually accomplished many, many things. Those who can, do, and those who can't, teach.

Tom Kunich

Sep 27, 2019, 12:18:31 PM9/27/19
Another proof that you're so stupid you don't even know the definition of "in-law". Is there anything you know at all? The schools are so horrible now that they teach almost nothing but so far you've shown that you can't even do simple arithmetic and that you don't know the definition of simple English words. Did you flunk out of the school systems that is so back that only total morons can flunk out?

Tom Kunich

Sep 27, 2019, 12:19:25 PM9/27/19
I am not so frightened of my opinion that I have to hide behind anonymity.

Zen Cycle

Sep 27, 2019, 1:48:33 PM9/27/19
My opinion isn't the issue. You have repeatedly threatened me in this forum with physical violence for expressing it though. I'll remain anonymous as long as people like you pollute this forum.

Zen Cycle

Sep 27, 2019, 1:50:12 PM9/27/19
Let me help you out, sparky, the implication was inbreeding.

Zen Cycle

Sep 27, 2019, 1:53:28 PM9/27/19
On Friday, September 27, 2019 at 12:14:23 PM UTC-4, Tom Kunich wrote:

> Tell us Frank - why would I want to be a PE when I was making a quarter of
> a million dollars a year as an electronics engineer and manager?

But he can't afford groceries.....

Tom Kunich

Sep 27, 2019, 2:03:08 PM9/27/19
In other words you wet your panties every time you are threatened. Real man alright.

Tom Kunich

Sep 27, 2019, 2:04:06 PM9/27/19
The only people I can think of that would have that thought are those who themselves have had sex with their sisters.

jbeattie

Sep 27, 2019, 2:13:03 PM9/27/19
For such a stellar intellect, you sound like a ten year old. Shouldn't you be a beacon of propriety for us lesser beings? What would Jesus say about your behavior? You would be smoted.

-- Jay Beattie.

jbeattie

Sep 27, 2019, 2:21:45 PM9/27/19
What's up with that -- earning $250K/yr. and struggling for groceries. Tom, why aren't you still earning $250K/yr. or more now that schooling has failed your successors; they've become stupid, and you're the last person with real knowledge? You should be in the catbird seat right now. Like an oracle. You should have the youngsters at your feet, drinking in knowledge, and employers pounding on your door. "Help us, please, John Galt!"

-- Jay Beattie.

Frank Krygowski

Sep 27, 2019, 4:42:58 PM9/27/19
Hmm. You say Tom sounds like a ten year old. I said he sounds like a
sixth grader, so that's more like an 11 or 12 year old. I was more
charitable!

... Oh wait - maybe I said a _drunken_ sixth grader...

--
- Frank Krygowski

Ashevilliot

Sep 27, 2019, 5:11:06 PM9/27/19
> > --
> > Andrew Muzi
> > <www.yellowjersey.org/>
> > Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Muzi and Jute, Clinton was not disbarred. He was suspended. That's a biiig difference.

John B.

Sep 27, 2019, 6:48:03 PM9/27/19
But isn't that the essence of democracy?

Vote for me and I'll ensure that the economy will be better, or in the
case of the so called "political machines" a bit more directly, "I'll
give you a job and you'll vote for me"?

--
cheers,

John B.

John B.

Sep 27, 2019, 7:00:56 PM9/27/19
Ah but he used to word "klan" which implies a secret society in the
United States that used terrorist tactics to suppress Black people.

While you confused that with the word "clan" which is "a group of
people related by blood or marriage".

Apparently your knowledge of the English (USian) language is a bit
lacking.

Or to put it a different way, you are a dumb ass.
--
cheers,

John B.

John B.

Sep 27, 2019, 7:18:47 PM9/27/19
I think that is more likely "an elderly and improvised chap telling
lies in an attempt to convince his audience that he is still the
young, virile. gainfully employed chap that he once was."

--
cheers,

John B.

AMuzi

Sep 27, 2019, 8:21:55 PM9/27/19
On 9/27/2019 4:11 PM, Ashevilliot wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 25, 2019 at 7:53:27 PM UTC-4, Andre Jute wrote:
>> I just want add that Andrew Muzi on Bill Clinton being "disbarred in a comedic pretense
>> that some lawyers have less moral turpitude than others" gets my vote for the most cuttingly apt summary of the entire crooked oeuvre of the Clintons. Just as well Master Muzi went into bicycles rather than literature...
>>
>> AJ

>>> The Clinton fiasco began with fraud (Whitewater Development
>>> Corp) and bank fraud (Madison Guarantee) and conspiracy
>>> (Rose Law Firm) but the investigation went off the rails
>>> when Monica Lewinsky's escapades with Mr Clinton were
>>> revealed, then leaked, in all their salacious detail.
>>>
>>> Clinton lied about her and was impeached on only two counts,
>>> perjury (for lying under oath to a Federal Grand Jury) and
>>> obstructing justice. He was disbarred in a comedic pretense
>>> that some lawyers have less moral turpitude than others.
>>>
>>> Hillary, at the center of the cattle futures deal, the
>>> Whitewater fraud, and Madison Guaranty (which ultimately
>>> cost FDIC some $70 million) did not produce the billing
>>> records of Rose Law Firm under subpoena. Those records
>>> magically appeared in her office days after the statue ran.
>>> She was never charged.
>>>
>>> So, yes it's a shame and a travesty but in a very real sense
>>> both Mr & Ms Clinton ought to thank their stars for Monica.
>>> The circus atmosphere kept serious charges for serious
>>> crimes from ever being brought.
>>>

> Muzi and Jute, Clinton was not disbarred. He was suspended. That's a biiig difference.

Both are true. He was disbarred from the US Supreme Court
and suspended in Arkansas:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2001/oct/02/duncancampbell

jbeattie

Sep 27, 2019, 8:27:38 PM9/27/19
In some cases, a suspension is the functional equivalent of disbarment. https://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-xpm-2001-01-23-0101232005-story.html Clinton was not disbarred, but he did not reapply after his suspension. At least Monica wasn't a client. See RPC 1.8(j) A lawyer shall not have sexual relations with a client unless a consensual sexual relationship existed between them when the client-lawyer relationship commenced.

In a Clintonesque twist, the Oregon rule actually defines "sexual relations":

(j) A lawyer shall not have sexual relations with a
current client of the lawyer unless a consensual sexual
relationship existed between them before the client lawyer relationship commenced; or have sexual
relations with a representative of a current client of the
lawyer if the sexual relations would, or would likely,
damage or prejudice the client in the representation.
For purposes of this rule:
(1) "sexual relations" means sexual intercourse or
any touching of the sexual or other intimate parts
of a person or causing such person to touch the
sexual or other intimate parts of the lawyer for the
purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire
of either party; and
(2) "lawyer" means any lawyer who assists in the
representation of the client, but does not include
other firm members who provide no such
assistance

Imagine how many porn movies never would have been made if plumbers, handymen, pool cleaners and pizza delivery boys had to follow that rule.

-- Jay Beattie.

Frank Krygowski

Sep 27, 2019, 10:57:57 PM9/27/19
On Friday, September 27, 2019 at 12:14:23 PM UTC-4, Tom Kunich wrote:

> Tell us Frank - why would I want to be a PE when I was making a quarter of a million dollars a year as an electronics engineer and manager?

Why? So you wouldn't have to whine about not affording groceries, about your
crummy neighborhood, about not being able to get hired etc. when you reached your
70s? Those are possibilities.

- Frank Krygowski

John B.

Sep 28, 2019, 12:12:16 AM9/28/19
One can only speculate why someone who states he was making a quarter
of a million dollars annually would have to seek employment in his
70's.

The tiniest bit of prevarication in his stories perhaps?
--
cheers,

John B.

Andre Jute

Sep 28, 2019, 2:01:32 AM9/28/19
Come on, Jay, cut the lawyers who drafted that at least a small break for trying. But I'm afraid Slippery Bill would have waltzed around them in no time flat, claiming he never touched the woman, nor induced her to touch him because she did it free of charge, and besides she didn't use her hands, and anyhow he wasn't her lawyer, so what were they fussing about.

Also, those guys did well not to sound salacious. Compare, for instance, Ayatollah Khomeini's Blue Book: Have a sample: "A man who has had sexual relations with an animal, such as a sheep, may not eat its meat. He would commit sin." (To which the only possible answer is, Well, obviously, but is there an exception if the sheep was dead when he shagged it? It's a question of great importance in Australia.) See
https://www.steynonline.com/1516/the-shagged-sheep (*)
for the controversy over the Blue Book (Khomeini's Resaleh Towzih al-Masael), and many more extremely --er-- interesting quotations. I reread the article, laughing so hard my spider came down from the roof to inspect the tears on my glasses.

Andre Jute
Fact-checked (heh-heh!)

AMuzi

Sep 28, 2019, 8:39:26 AM9/28/19
On 9/28/2019 1:01 AM, Andre Jute wrote:
> On Saturday, September 28, 2019 at 1:27:38 AM UTC+1, jbeattie wrote:

An attorney would (and actually did) object that it turns on
the definition of what is is. QED.

Ashevilliot

Sep 28, 2019, 10:00:04 AM9/28/19

> > Muzi and Jute, Clinton was not disbarred. He was suspended. That's a biiig difference.
> >

> Both are true. He was disbarred from the US Supreme Court
> and suspended in Arkansas:
>
> https://www.theguardian.com/world/2001/oct/02/duncancampbell
>
> --
> Andrew Muzi
> <www.yellowjersey.org/>
> Open every day since 1 April, 1971

No, they are not. SCOTUS could bar him but not "disbar" him. Before SCOTUS issued its order barring him, he resigned.

Only the state (or states) in which he was licensed to practice law could disbar Bill Clinton. Disbarment is defined as the permanent revocation of a license to practice law.

Snopes is not always accurate, but they were on the money on this account.

THE GUARDIAN, btw, is a UK tabloid which I always take with a grain of salt.

jbeattie

Sep 28, 2019, 12:42:44 PM9/28/19
I haven't looked at that transcript in a long time, but I may have instructed him not to answer or moved to seal. I certainly would have called for a time out of some sort. Clinton should have gotten better prep.

It all seems rather quaint these days -- lying about a blow job. That would basically pass unnoticed in the current political milieu. The president has needs that must be met!

Seriously, though, someone should prosecute the person giving Trump his spray-tans. The reverse-raccoon effect has gotten really bad lately, and his over-all orangeness reminds me of working in a funeral home -- when the embalming fluid and makeup could make skin-tones a little too vivid in bright light.

-- Jay Beattie.

AMuzi

Sep 28, 2019, 2:13:00 PM9/28/19
On 9/28/2019 11:42 AM, jbeattie wrote:
> On Saturday, September 28, 2019 at 5:39:26 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:

Agreed. Yes he needs someone to manage his press persona so
that, Like JFK, he could bang a 17 year old intern at the
White House pool with no public comment.

(and an East German spy and Sam Giancana's girlfriend and
hot movie stars, etc.)

Andre Jute

Sep 28, 2019, 2:49:02 PM9/28/19
Definitely quad erat demonstrandum.

AJ

jbeattie

Sep 28, 2019, 4:49:45 PM9/28/19
Hey, I'm just talking about spray tans and not paying off porn-stars or anything substantive.

I'm not going to run interference for historical figures (I could tell you some shocking stories about Millard Fillmore), but from my perspective, a mistake in the past doesn't excuse one in the present. Or as we say, two wrongs don't make a right. BTW, Inga Arvad was never proved to be a spy. And I can forgive dating a mob girl. My wife's father was a Teamster. And the pool girl may have looked 18.

Trump could get away with all that stuff in plain sight. In fact, he would probably sign an executive order allowing him to have sex with a 17 year-old and would propose a private law condom tax deduction. Giuliani would get on Fox and deny it, and then admit it . . . in the same show. Supporters would call it fake news. Rinse, lather, repeat.

-- Jay Beattie.

AMuzi

Sep 28, 2019, 5:12:40 PM9/28/19
On 9/28/2019 3:49 PM, jbeattie wrote:
> On Saturday, September 28, 2019 at 11:13:00 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:

Now that you mention it, that's a sad story. I used to
really like, and respect, Rudy Giuliani. That was before the
senile dementia set in. Someone close to him ought to
whisper in his ear, 'the party's over, go home'.

Tom Kunich

Sep 29, 2019, 12:55:38 PM9/29/19
You are always welcome to try to "smote" me. Remember Jay - I argue and disagree with you a great deal but compared to one of my brother's you are Winston Churchill and the other Einstein.

I seriously question how you, a man with some power and influence, can pretend that the homeless problem which is second in Portland only to LA doesn't exist.

Tom Kunich

Sep 29, 2019, 1:20:59 PM9/29/19
As a lawyer you don't know what is occurring in the high tech industry. The entire human resources departments are mostly taken over by Indians - most of whom I would be willing to bet had LONG overstayed their education visas.

The entire industry has changed and very much to the negative side. Now trained engineers are expected to use software to design circuit boards - most engineers couldn't recognize a board that they themselves designed. I won't go into the specifics but circuit boards should be designed by DESIGNERS most of whom learned via doing and not by listening to a professor in college. This is an IMPORTANT point because designers entire life is held in the specialty and so they do the best possible job. The same with circuit drawings which are now done with software instead of a draftsman. These drawings are so difficult to read that it might take an entire DAY for an engineer to discover a perfectly plain design error.

As for programmers, most of these people do not understand the inner workings of a circuit and hence cannot design for speed and accuracy save by trial and error.

None of this bodes well for the American high tech business and indeed the electronic companies are falling by the wayside rapidly - or more accurately - they come up with a good product, cannot get it to work properly and the company fails and its products are purchased by a larger company still using older methods that get things to work properly.

Investors in these companies are losing their butts and workers are losing their jobs to a style of management that is false on the very face of it.

Do you realize that since 2014 I have not had a single face-to-face interview and only one phone interview with a Tesla dope who hung up on me when I told him that using his specific design methods would cause failures and law suits - which happened. Now they have renamed the "autopilot" the "navigation device" and you are required to have your hands on the steering wheel at all times.

So you think that you should have the man who wrote the program write another program to test it? OF COURSE he overlooks the same things and makes exactly the same errors.

Supposedly they went to these methods because it was getting difficult to find enough qualified people. But the only reason for that is because we have to many people getting BA degrees in pottery. Give them a real job and they could succeed where they are now doomed to failures.

I am not kidding you when I said that I'm good at electronics. I'm better than even I admit. And most of the companies that laid me off because of design differences have gone bust and those that followed my advice have grown to be the leaders in their areas of expertise. This isn't bragging, this is simple fact. One company (Diablo?) actually followed me from job to job and as these companies failed from dopey management they bought them up along with my designs. I think that four of the last five companies I worked at were bought in this manner.

Tom Kunich

Sep 29, 2019, 1:21:51 PM9/29/19
Frank - you were a teacher more involved in playground fights that educating anyone.

Tom Kunich

Sep 29, 2019, 1:25:11 PM9/29/19
On Friday, September 27, 2019 at 2:11:06 PM UTC-7, Ashevilliot wrote:
What Bill Clinton did, did not rise to the level of impeachment and the Republicans doing that took away their real power for 16 years. But lying to Congress under oath DID rise to the level of disbarment so why do you suppose he was only suspended?

jbeattie

Sep 29, 2019, 3:52:51 PM9/29/19

jbeattie

Sep 29, 2019, 3:55:12 PM9/29/19

jbeattie

Sep 29, 2019, 4:07:55 PM9/29/19
You can circumvent the Indian HR ladies by becoming self-employment. I haven't received a W-2 in almost 30 years. Organize as a LLC or S-Corp and rake in the big pass-through entity tax benefits (NOT available to entertainers, doctors and lawyers in certain brackets -- the Trump punishment for voting wrong). Be a consultant like Joerg. Be a business owner and hire employees that you can fire willy-nilly (until you get sued). You can be the crazy mean Indian HR lady! BTW, you could always make some spending money filing age discrimination claims. It's cheap and easy if you go through your state EEOC. The world is full of money-making opportunities.

-- Jay Beattie.

Sir Ridesalot

Sep 29, 2019, 6:04:51 PM9/29/19
ANY newspaper that opens up like a magazine is a "Tabloid Format". Another format is the well known broadsheet.

Cheers

John B.

Sep 29, 2019, 7:10:36 PM9/29/19
Lets see... First you seemingly threaten Jay with bodily harm,
secondly you mention your relatives in what appears to be derogatory
terms and finally you mention the homeless problems of Portland and
LA.

Frankly you don't sound rational, at all.
--
cheers,

John B.

Andre Jute

Sep 29, 2019, 7:21:15 PM9/29/19

Andre Jute

Sep 29, 2019, 7:25:18 PM9/29/19
On Sunday, September 29, 2019 at 11:04:51 PM UTC+1, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
In either format The Guardian has been pinko-commie-fellow-traveller trash ever since it left Manchester behind two generations ago.

Andre Jute
Et tu, Brutus?

AMuzi

Sep 29, 2019, 7:39:36 PM9/29/19
On 9/29/2019 6:25 PM, Andre Jute wrote:

>>> No, they are not. SCOTUS could bar him but not "disbar" him. Before SCOTUS issued its order barring him, he resigned.
>>>
>>> Only the state (or states) in which he was licensed to practice law could disbar Bill Clinton. Disbarment is defined as the permanent revocation of a license to practice law.
>>>
>>> Snopes is not always accurate, but they were on the money on this account.
>>>
>>> THE GUARDIAN, btw, is a UK tabloid which I always take with a grain of salt.
>>
>> ANY newspaper that opens up like a magazine is a "Tabloid Format". Another format is the well known broadsheet.
>>
>> Cheers
>
> In either format The Guardian has been pinko-commie-fellow-traveller trash ever since it left Manchester behind two generations ago.
>
> Andre Jute
> Et tu, Brutus?

tsk tsk.
And even you, Andre?

'Brutus' should be the sccusative form 'Brute'.

AMuzi

Sep 29, 2019, 8:01:27 PM9/29/19
uh, me too.
Et tu, Brute in the ablative {because of or by] case

Andre Jute

Sep 29, 2019, 9:05:34 PM9/29/19
Uh-huh, even me, Andrew. I didn't think anyone except you and Tom* would know or care, and the rest probably think Brutus is right. (I'm generally much more agreeable -- people I haven't seen in years remember laughing and laughing and laughing with me, as a poet wrote to me the other day about a holiday I spent with his family when we were schoolboys -- than appears from RBT, where the bullying scum tried to assault my free speech from the beginning, which is the one crime that earns a permanent black mark on my shit list.) It became a choice between having some mispronounce and miscomprehend "Brute" for a descriptive word inadvertently capitalised and projecting my meaning even unto those who do not deserve converse with me. I was amused after sending that post to come across this on roughly the same subject of speaking correctly versus the comprehensibility of the changing vernacular:
Clash of the Pedants
https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/grammatical-questions-addressed-clarified/
Though I readily admit my error (especially since someone else has already made my defense in NR!), you may wish to reconsider the ground of your correction...

On the subject of Latin, on another cycling forum I recently told an anecdote that may amuse you:
http://thorncyclesforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=13222.msg99712#msg99712

Andre Jute
Superglue

*...and an intermittent contributor who signed off on RBT with a Latin tag

Andre Jute

Sep 29, 2019, 9:07:11 PM9/29/19
Oops. If I had seen this I wouldn't have said anything above...

> --
> Andrew Muzi
> <www.yellowjersey.org/>
> Open every day since 1 April, 1971

AJ

Tom Kunich

Sep 30, 2019, 12:25:21 PM9/30/19
All of my really big money was made as a consultant. But that is not what I want anymore - reporting to a board of directors instead of a manager isn't my thing.

Zen Cycle

Sep 30, 2019, 1:49:20 PM9/30/19
On Friday, September 27, 2019 at 7:00:56 PM UTC-4, John B. wrote:

> a secret society in the
> United States that used terrorist tactics to suppress Black people.

I would argue present tense.

> While you confused that with the word "clan" which is "a group of
> people related by blood or marriage".
>
> Apparently your knowledge of the English (USian) language is a bit
> lacking.
>
> Or to put it a different way, you are a dumb ass.

yup

Zen Cycle

Sep 30, 2019, 1:52:09 PM9/30/19
On Friday, September 27, 2019 at 2:04:06 PM UTC-4, Tom Kunich wrote:
> On Friday, September 27, 2019 at 10:50:12 AM UTC-7, Zen Cycle wrote:
> >
> > Let me help you out, sparky, the implication was inbreeding.
>
> The only people I can think of that would have that thought
> are those who themselves have had sex with their sisters.

Considering the grammatical massacre you committed in that sentence, it's not surprising you wouldn't get the implication.

Zen Cycle

Sep 30, 2019, 2:02:01 PM9/30/19
On Friday, September 27, 2019 at 2:03:08 PM UTC-4, Tom Kunich wrote:
> On Friday, September 27, 2019 at 10:48:33 AM UTC-7, Zen Cycle wrote:

> > > I am not so frightened of my opinion that I have to hide behind anonymity.
> >
> > My opinion isn't the issue. You have repeatedly threatened me in this forum with physical violence for expressing it though. I'll remain anonymous as long as people like you pollute this forum.
>
> In other words you wet your panties every time you are threatened.

I'm not sure how you got 'wet your panties when frightened' from 'retaining my anonymity for safety', but then, we have no idea where you got other little butt nuggets like 'seven rapes in Massachusetts in the last ten weeks', 'aluminum oxide is flammable', and 'north vietnam surrendered' (along with numerous others).

> Real man alright.

News flash, sparky, confident and mature individuals don't define their confidence and maturity by how willing they are to issue physical threats. Those who do are displaying immaturity, insecurity, and ignorance.

Zen Cycle

Sep 30, 2019, 2:26:13 PM9/30/19
On Friday, September 27, 2019 at 7:18:47 PM UTC-4, John B. wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Sep 2019 16:42:52 -0400, Frank Krygowski
> <frkr...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> >> For such a stellar intellect, you sound like a ten year old. Shouldn't you be a beacon of propriety for us lesser beings? What would Jesus say about your behavior? You would be smoted.
> >
> >Hmm. You say Tom sounds like a ten year old. I said he sounds like a
> >sixth grader, so that's more like an 11 or 12 year old. I was more
> >charitable!
> >
> >... Oh wait - maybe I said a _drunken_ sixth grader...
>
> I think that is more likely "an elderly and improvised chap telling
> lies in an attempt to convince his audience that he is still the
> young, virile. gainfully employed chap that he once was."

Except that he admits he's unemployed, and no one will hire him.

Zen Cycle

Sep 30, 2019, 3:50:38 PM9/30/19
> On Sunday, September 29, 2019 at 1:20:59 PM UTC-4, Tom Kunich wrote:
>
> As a lawyer you don't know what is occurring in the high tech industry.

Neither do you, as you reveal in the rant below.

> The entire human resources departments are mostly taken over by Indians

I'm gainfully employed (and have been for my entire adult life), and receive constant calls from headhunters. The majority of them are in fact indian, Every call I've ever made to or received from a human resources department within a company, has been from an american.

> most of whom I would be willing to bet had LONG overstayed their
> education visas.

I don't doubt the calls you are allegedly getting are from indians (if you are infact getting calls), but they aren't likely to be in the US.

> The entire industry has changed and very much to the negative side.

That's an entirely subjective perspective.

> Now trained engineers are expected to use software to design
> circuit boards

Of course they are, and rightly so. Gone are the days of designing impedance-matched RF traces by hand - that's a good thing.

> most engineers couldn't recognize a board that they themselves designed.

Yes, they do. They generally have to approve the design and perform first-article qualifications.

> I won't go into the specifics

Because you aren't aware of them.

> but circuit boards should be designed by DESIGNERS most of whom
> learned via doing and not by listening to a professor in college.

Complete bullshit. PCB designers need to have a background in the electronic discipline of the circuit they are designing. Sure, some of that can be gained through vocation, but the complex math needed - for example in designing an OC-192 communication interface circuit which requires an understanding microwave stripline techniques - is best taught in the context of a microwave theory course. Nothing beats experience, but a solid educational base is critical.

> This is an IMPORTANT point because designers entire life is held in
> the specialty and so they do the best possible job.

Some do, some don't. I've had horrific experiences with PCB designers who had neither the educational background or the correct tools (and didn't know they didn't have the correct tools) to design high speed digital circuits.

> The same with circuit drawings which are now done with software instead
> of a draftsman.

This is a good thing. It's faster, more accurate, and leads to significantly more efficient designs with lower costs and less space. CAD packages are the reason why we are able to design DSP devices the size of your pinky nail from the days where we had to use discreet ADC/DAC, uP, and memory components.

> These drawings are so difficult to read that it might take an entire
> DAY for an engineer to discover a perfectly plain design error.

or, in a few seconds with simulation tools.

> As for programmers, most of these people do not understand the inner
> workings of a circuit and hence cannot design for speed and accuracy
> save by trial and error.

It is regrettable that todays CS graduates don't know the working end of an oscilloscope, but programmers shouldn't need to worry about design high-speed digital circuits, and they generally don't. The simulation tools in any decent compiler will tell the programmer what parts of the code might run into problems.

> None of this bodes well for the American high tech business and indeed
> the electronic companies are falling by the wayside rapidly - or more
> accurately - they come up with a good product, cannot get it to work
> properly and the company fails and its products are purchased by a
> larger company still using older methods that get things to work properly.

Businesses come and go. Not every attempt is going to turn into the next google. The larger companies are the ones that push for - and have the money to invest in - new design techniques. You won't find any world-class (or even national-claaa) company today that doesn't use the latest CAD tools and techniques for electronic design and layout. My company has < 100 people, and we're using a combination Altium/Solidworks package. I can't remember the last time we had a PCB come in with an an error in the layout.

> Investors in these companies are losing their butts and workers are
> losing their jobs to a style of management that is false on the very
> face of it.

but but but...I though The Mystical and Magical Mr. Trump was making american companies great again!!!

> Do you realize that since 2014 I have not had a single face-to-face
> interview

That poor bastard.

> and only one phone interview with a Tesla dope who hung up on
> me when I told him that using his specific design methods would cause
> failures and law suits - which happened.

1. Right, you - who has no access to the intellectual property - was able to reverse engineer their code and predict that their design process was so flawed that it would result in failures. Bullshit.

2. Helpful hint, sparky. it isn't advisable to criticize the company your interview with during the interview.

> Now they have renamed the "autopilot" the "navigation device"

No, they haven't
https://www.tesla.com/blog/introducing-more-seamless-navigate-autopilot

> and you
> are required to have your hands on the steering wheel at all times.
>
> So you think that you should have the man who wrote the program write
> another program to test it? OF COURSE he overlooks the same things
> and makes exactly the same errors.

Are you suggesting that you have proof that Tesla has the same team that designs the application write the testing program to test it? Not likely. Tesla has to comply with IEC 26262. If they weren't they would be getting nailed for it by the NTSB investigation.

> Supposedly they went to these methods because it was getting difficult
> to find enough qualified people. But the only reason for that is because
> we have too many people getting BA degrees in pottery. Give them a
> real job and they could succeed where they are now doomed to failures.

Gee, think maybe the US should invest in pre-college education a bit so students from india and china wouldn't be kicking our assess? Tell it to Betsy Devos.

> I am not kidding you when I said that I'm good at electronics.

no, you're not kidding. You're lying.

> I'm better than even I admit.

Says the dinosaur that thinks schematics should be hand-drawn.

> And most of the companies that laid me off because of design
> differences have gone bust and those that followed my advice
> have grown to be the leaders in their areas of expertise.

And yet, with this stellar track record, no one will hire you.

> This isn't bragging, this is simple fact.

Sure, like 'the vietnamese surrendered', 'The great recession was obamas fault', 'aluminum oxide is flammable', 'seven women were raped in massachusetts in the last ten weeks'......

> One company (Diablo?) actually followed me from job to job and as
> these companies failed from dopey management they bought them up
> along with my designs.

And still, with this great track record of successful designs and management acumen, no one will hire you.

Yes, Mr. Mitty, we'll be right with you.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Mitty

It is loading more messages.