Beyond doping

AMuzi

May 19, 2023, 11:02:04 AM5/19/23
Turns out straight-up fraud works better than EPO !

https://nypost.com/2023/05/19/trans-cyclist-alone-on-the-podium-after-winning-female-race/
--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

Tom Kunich

May 19, 2023, 11:22:18 AM5/19/23
I am entirely against this which means that Flunky is entirely for it.

Roger Meriman

May 19, 2023, 11:55:59 AM5/19/23
I don’t believe he is, or anyone in the group. As in previous threads most
organisations are moving to ban or limit trans women in woman’s categories.

Roger Merriman

Frank Krygowski

May 19, 2023, 11:58:01 AM5/19/23
Why don't you discuss what others actually say, instead of arguing
against what you pretend they say?

You are a coward.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Catrike Rider

May 19, 2023, 4:26:03 PM5/19/23
On Fri, 19 May 2023 10:01:59 -0500, AMuzi <a...@yellowjersey.org> wrote:

>Turns out straight-up fraud works better than EPO !
>
>https://nypost.com/2023/05/19/trans-cyclist-alone-on-the-podium-after-winning-female-race/

He should be ashamed of himself.

John B.

May 19, 2023, 6:51:00 PM5/19/23
On Fri, 19 May 2023 10:01:59 -0500, AMuzi <a...@yellowjersey.org> wrote:

This Trans-gender stuff is, well, sort of weird. "I feel like I'm a
"whatever" and thus I must be one?

If that is logical then why can't I become a millionaire just because
I feel like that is what I want to be (:-)

Or why can't Tommy be a famous scientist just because he wants to? Or
the Afro guy the famous author he so obviously craves to be?

--
Cheers,

John B.

Tom Kunich

May 19, 2023, 6:55:03 PM5/19/23
You do realize that the UCI rules ALLOW this and that he might have taken advantage of that in order to change the rules?

John B.

May 19, 2023, 6:58:01 PM5/19/23
On Fri, 19 May 2023 15:53:55 GMT, Roger Meriman <ro...@sarlet.com>
wrote:

>Tom Kunich <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Friday, May 19, 2023 at 8:02:04?AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
>>> Turns out straight-up fraud works better than EPO !
>>>
>>> https://nypost.com/2023/05/19/trans-cyclist-alone-on-the-podium-after-winning-female-race/
>>>
>>> --
>>> Andrew Muzi
>>> <www.yellowjersey.org/>
>>> Open every day since 1 April, 1971
>>
>> I am entirely against this which means that Flunky is entirely for it.
>>

>I don’t believe he is, or anyone in the group. As in previous threads most
>organisations are moving to ban or limit trans women in woman’s categories.
>
>Roger Merriman

(:-) If it is logical to race in a woman's race because one feels one
is a woman then why bother? After all if one can become a "woman"
because one feels that is what one is, why can't one become a winner
"because one feels one is"?
--
Cheers,

John B.

Andre Jute

May 19, 2023, 7:00:29 PM5/19/23
+1.

funkma...@hotmail.com

May 19, 2023, 9:27:56 PM5/19/23
You're against Mumford being on the podium alone? You're right, I'm all for that.

funkma...@hotmail.com

May 19, 2023, 9:28:27 PM5/19/23
and a stupid one at that!

> --
> - Frank Krygowski

funkma...@hotmail.com

May 19, 2023, 9:43:07 PM5/19/23
Medals for everyone!!!!!!

Seriously though, I've held the same position since we had a transgendered cyclist on the podium at the Art Longsjo Fitchburg stage race in 2001: it's an unfair advantage to go through puberty with naturally occurring male hormones. Make no mistake - I personally know the woman who made that podium. She currently manages the New England Velodrome. I completely sympathize with her issues surrounding her gender identity but at some point one has to make the point that her physiology was very specifically male during the formative years of her life. Hey, I'd love to compete at the highest level of the sport but my genetics simply don't allow that. Her genetics tried to make her male despite her wishes, and if current mores were more conservative (like russia, north korea, or floriduh), she would still be he, trying to deal with the emotional turmoil of a mind that claims feminine over a male physical manifestation. That fact alone creates an unfair advantage.

John B.

May 20, 2023, 1:59:03 AM5/20/23
On Fri, 19 May 2023 18:43:05 -0700 (PDT), "funkma...@hotmail.com"
<funkma...@hotmail.com> wrote:
Biologically a female creature is a creature who may be impregnated
and give birth and a male creature is one capable of impregnating the
female.

The fact that some like boys or some like girls is really immaterial
to what they are biologically.

Rather like Tommy dreaming that he is an electrical engineer, or the
Afro bloke imaginings that he is a famous author.

--
Cheers,

John B.

Catrike Rider

May 20, 2023, 3:32:35 AM5/20/23
On Sat, 20 May 2023 12:57:31 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
There's no problem with a male dressing and acting like a female, even
here in Florida, but the notion that everyone honor his fantasy and
allow him to be in female specific places and athletic events is on
its way out.

The fact that only a tiny percent of the "trans" issues involve
females pretending to be male, and virtually zero percent in athletic
events, is sufficient proof that males and females are physiologically
different enough to be segregated in most athletics.

Catrike Rider

May 20, 2023, 5:03:36 AM5/20/23
On Fri, 19 May 2023 18:43:05 -0700 (PDT), "funkma...@hotmail.com"
<funkma...@hotmail.com> wrote:
He is still a he, of course.

Roger Meriman

May 20, 2023, 5:10:40 AM5/20/23
UCI is highly likely to join rugby and few other sport bodies in banning
transgender athletes. There is meeting in August in Glasgow.

The argument has essentially been won.

Roger Merriman

Rolf Mantel

May 20, 2023, 1:29:19 PM5/20/23
Am 20.05.2023 um 07:57 schrieb John B.:
> Biologically a female creature is a creature who may be impregnated
> and give birth and a male creature is one capable of impregnating the
> female.

According to this definition, there is the grey zone of sterile
individuals, and this grey zone shrinks but does not vanish when you
specify the existence of reproductive organs instead of specifyling
functional reproductive organs.

pH

May 20, 2023, 2:30:48 PM5/20/23
On 2023-05-19, AMuzi <a...@yellowjersey.org> wrote:
> Turns out straight-up fraud works better than EPO !
>
> https://nypost.com/2023/05/19/trans-cyclist-alone-on-the-podium-after-winning-female-race/

A local radio host (now passed on) had a saying which is becominng more
and more apropos....

"We live in a world gone Mad."
-Stan Monteith

pH in Aptos

AMuzi

May 20, 2023, 2:50:21 PM5/20/23
+1
The sainted Bob Grant, "It's sick and getting sicker."

Tom Kunich

May 20, 2023, 3:11:54 PM5/20/23
In any case a Y chromosome gives that person a distinct physical advantage over people who have only X chromosomes. The entire muscle structure is changed even at birth to take advantage of testosterone when age begins its production. Pretending that the world isn't the way it is does not change reality.

Tom Kunich

May 20, 2023, 3:16:55 PM5/20/23
You'll have to remind me who Bob Grant was. I remember a Grant Peterson who I believe started Bridgestone bicycles in the USA.

AMuzi

May 20, 2023, 5:37:28 PM5/20/23
On 5/20/2023 2:11 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
Kleinfelter's.

AMuzi

May 20, 2023, 5:40:30 PM5/20/23
On 5/20/2023 2:16 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> On Saturday, May 20, 2023 at 11:50:21 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:

>>> A local radio host (now passed on) had a saying which is becominng more
>>> and more apropos....
>>>
>>> "We live in a world gone Mad."
>>> -Stan Monteith
>>>

>>> pH in Aptos
>>>
>> +1
>> The sainted Bob Grant, "It's sick and getting sicker."

> You'll have to remind me who Bob Grant was. I remember a Grant Peterson who I believe started Bridgestone bicycles in the USA.

1970s through about 2010 Philadelphia and NYC radio.

Catrike Rider

May 20, 2023, 6:18:48 PM5/20/23
On Sat, 20 May 2023 18:30:44 -0000 (UTC), pH <wNOS...@gmail.org>
wrote:
+1

John B.

May 20, 2023, 6:55:51 PM5/20/23
Sure, you can always find some word that can be interpreted more then
one way. Tom, for example, has stated that because of a childhood
disease he is unable to father children, thus, in a sense, he does not
have functional reproductive organs. By your definition he isn't a
male which is obviously ridiculous.

--
Cheers,

John B.

Catrike Rider

May 20, 2023, 7:33:31 PM5/20/23
On Sun, 21 May 2023 05:55:44 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
wrote:
There's been no question as to how to differentiate between men and
women for thousands of years...

Tom Kunich

May 20, 2023, 7:37:26 PM5/20/23
"Klinefelter syndrome may adversely affect testicular growth, resulting in smaller than normal testicles, which can lead to lower production of testosterone. The syndrome may also cause reduced muscle mass, reduced body and facial hair, and enlarged breast tissue. The effects of Klinefelter syndrome vary, and not everyone has the same signs and symptoms." (Mayo Clinic)

Tom Kunich

May 20, 2023, 7:39:01 PM5/20/23
If you get a hard-on looking at a man - you're queer.

John B.

May 20, 2023, 8:32:58 PM5/20/23
On Sat, 20 May 2023 13:48:37 -0500, AMuzi <a...@yellowjersey.org> wrote:

>On 5/20/2023 1:30 PM, pH wrote:
>> On 2023-05-19, AMuzi <a...@yellowjersey.org> wrote:
>>> Turns out straight-up fraud works better than EPO !
>>>
>>> https://nypost.com/2023/05/19/trans-cyclist-alone-on-the-podium-after-winning-female-race/
>>
>> A local radio host (now passed on) had a saying which is becominng more
>> and more apropos....
>>
>> "We live in a world gone Mad."
>> -Stan Monteith
>>

>> pH in Aptos
>>
>+1
>The sainted Bob Grant, "It's sick and getting sicker."

From here, reading the U.S. news, it does appear that the U.S. is
becoming more and more lawless. And certainly surveys of gun owners
seem to enforce that viewpoint with nearly 50% of gun owners surveyed
stated that they own a gun for protection.
--
Cheers,

John B.

John B.

May 20, 2023, 9:52:12 PM5/20/23
Well, historically, you are correct but the U.S., in it's grandeur,
has decreed that , at least for passport identification, there are
three sexes - M, F and X.
https://www.state.gov/x-gender-marker-available-on-u-s-passports-starting-april-11/

Can you imagine the problems for foreign agencies. A Caucasian drowns
and is laying there naked on the autopsy table and the doctor writes,
on the report, Male, Caucasian, approximately 35 years old" and the
Thai authorities send the report off to all the "Caucasian" embassies
and the U.S. Embassy reports back, "Nope. Can't be our guy. Ours was
an "X""

--
Cheers,

John B.

pH

May 20, 2023, 10:29:12 PM5/20/23
I believe Grant *worked* for Bridgestone and left to open Rivendell Bicycle
works up near Concord, CA somewhere. I'm assuming he's still in business.

pH

Frank Krygowski

May 20, 2023, 11:16:48 PM5/20/23
On Saturday, May 20, 2023 at 8:32:58 PM UTC-4, John B. wrote:
> From here, reading the U.S. news, it does appear that the U.S. is
> becoming more and more lawless.

That appearance is more an effect of the news outlet policies than reality.
Many people have that fear even during the times of dropping crime. Fear
sells advertisement.

> And certainly surveys of gun owners
> seem to enforce that viewpoint with nearly 50% of gun owners surveyed
> stated that they own a gun for protection.

Right. They are responding to marketing, telling them that the world is
horribly dangerous. And that they will be likely to save themselves by
using their lightning-quick reflexes to blast away some bad guy.

Let me ask seriously: Do you get the same sort of messages from media
in Thailand? I'm also curious about Netherlands, Britain, etc.

- Frank Krygowski

Frank Krygowski

May 20, 2023, 11:17:36 PM5/20/23
He is. Running the company, also blogging.

- Frank Krygowski

Catrike Rider

May 21, 2023, 4:59:31 AM5/21/23
On Sat, 20 May 2023 20:16:46 -0700 (PDT), Frank Krygowski
<frkr...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Saturday, May 20, 2023 at 8:32:58?PM UTC-4, John B. wrote:
>> From here, reading the U.S. news, it does appear that the U.S. is
>> becoming more and more lawless.
>
>That appearance is more an effect of the news outlet policies than reality.
>Many people have that fear even during the times of dropping crime. Fear
>sells advertisement.

Crime is not dropping..

John B.

May 21, 2023, 5:49:28 AM5/21/23
The English Language news, here, prints relatively little U.S. or
European news. Today there were total of 14 stories on the "front
page" of the Bangkok Post's site. 11 were local news reported in some
detail and 2 on a side bar relate to the Cannes Movie thing and 1
referring to Johnny Depp (whoever he is).

However all of the international news agencies are available on the
Internet.
--
Cheers,

John B.

funkma...@hotmail.com

May 21, 2023, 6:57:47 AM5/21/23
On Sunday, May 21, 2023 at 4:59:31 AM UTC-4, Catrike Rider wrote:
> On Sat, 20 May 2023 20:16:46 -0700 (PDT), Frank Krygowski
> <frkr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Saturday, May 20, 2023 at 8:32:58?PM UTC-4, John B. wrote:
> >> From here, reading the U.S. news, it does appear that the U.S. is
> >> becoming more and more lawless.
> >
> >That appearance is more an effect of the news outlet policies than reality.
> >Many people have that fear even during the times of dropping crime. Fear
> >sells advertisement.
> Crime is not dropping..

You really need to quit parroting what fox news tells you

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2022/10/31/violent-crime-is-a-key-midterm-voting-issue-but-what-does-the-data-say/

"Annual government surveys from the Bureau of Justice Statistics show no recent increase in the U.S. violent crime rate. In 2021, the most recent year with available data, there were 16.5 violent crimes for every 1,000 Americans ages 12 and older. That was statistically unchanged from the year before, below pre-pandemic levels and far below the rates recorded in the 1990s, according to the National Crime Victimization Survey."

Catrike Rider

May 21, 2023, 7:57:01 AM5/21/23
On Sun, 21 May 2023 03:57:45 -0700 (PDT), "funkma...@hotmail.com"
<funkma...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On Sunday, May 21, 2023 at 4:59:31?AM UTC-4, Catrike Rider wrote:
>> On Sat, 20 May 2023 20:16:46 -0700 (PDT), Frank Krygowski
>> <frkr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> >That appearance is more an effect of the news outlet policies than reality.
>> >Many people have that fear even during the times of dropping crime. Fear
>> >sells advertisement.
>> Crime is not dropping..
>
>You really need to quit parroting what fox news tells you

How about NPR, Dummy?

A nationwide spike in murders brings crime to the forefront

There's been a dramatic uptick in murder over the last several years.
FBI data shows that it rose nearly 30% from 2019 to 2020 — the largest
single-year increase ever recorded in the U.S.

The number of homicides increased 4.3% nationally in 2021, according
to the FBI report, and Asher says it likely decreased by a similar
amount so far this year. Nonetheless, it's higher than it was in 2019.
In other words: The murder rate is significantly lower than it was in
the 1990s — Asher says 30-40% lower — but much higher than it was just
three or four years ago.
Attorney General Garland pledges a comprehensive response to violent
crime
Law
Attorney General Garland pledges a comprehensive response to violent
crime

Importantly, that's a national rate. Asher thinks the reason crime
carries so much weight in these midterm elections is because the
increase in murders in 2020 was truly a national phenomenon.

"It happened in big cities, it happened in small cities. It happened
in counties that voted for Trump, it happened in counties that voted
for Biden," he says. "It was really everywhere, and so I think that
most places in America are grappling with at least some increase in
gun violence over the last two years, which brings it to the forefront
of these elections as they're taking place now."

https://www.npr.org/2022/10/27/1131825858/us-crime-data-midterm-elections

AMuzi

May 21, 2023, 9:55:37 AM5/21/23
On 5/20/2023 6:37 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> On Saturday, May 20, 2023 at 2:37:28 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
>>>
>>> In any case a Y chromosome gives that person a distinct physical advantage over people who have only X chromosomes. The entire muscle structure is changed even at birth to take advantage of testosterone when age begins its production. Pretending that the world isn't the way it is does not change reality.
>>>
>> Kleinfelter's.

> "Klinefelter syndrome may adversely affect testicular growth, resulting in smaller than normal testicles, which can lead to lower production of testosterone. The syndrome may also cause reduced muscle mass, reduced body and facial hair, and enlarged breast tissue. The effects of Klinefelter syndrome vary, and not everyone has the same signs and symptoms." (Mayo Clinic)

I had a tenant (known as 'James Bondage')who suffered from
it until his suicide.

The point is that although women are XX and men are XY,
abnormalities exist in some small numbers, one being
Kleinfelter's XXY for a sum of 47 (not 46) chromosomes.

AMuzi

May 21, 2023, 10:00:11 AM5/21/23
That may well be but I have no idea about the signal to
noise ratio, what with modern data dispersal.

Thailand just arrested a woman who poisoned 12 people with
cyanide. That says nothing about Thai culture generally.

AMuzi

May 21, 2023, 10:05:17 AM5/21/23
On 5/20/2023 9:29 PM, pH wrote:
> On 2023-05-20, Tom Kunich <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:
Mr Peterson is very much in business, and riding.
Unlike Mr Grant, who's passed.

AMuzi

May 21, 2023, 10:08:18 AM5/21/23
On 5/20/2023 10:16 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
+1
I agree with you as I noted a minute ago in another reply.

It's not clear to me that these are unusual times overall,
but particulars are individual instances, warranting
individual decisions and responses which naturally vary.

Tom Kunich

May 21, 2023, 11:13:38 AM5/21/23
Crime is sharply increasing but Cry Gowski is perfectly willing to say anything to support the Democrat initiative to scare people because frightened people are easier to control by big government.

Tom Kunich

May 21, 2023, 11:23:05 AM5/21/23
Let's remember that the US government has told us virtually anything that would put them in a good light. January 6th was an insurrection aided and abetted by Donald Trump. There was no election fraud despite my seeing it with my own eyes. They had Republican pole watchers that simply happened to change party to Republican a week before the election and oversaw the vote count. There wasn't any vote harvesters etc.

If you believe for one second that the murder rate is down when it is reportedly up in every major city in the US, you're falling for exactly what they want you to fall for.

AMuzi

May 21, 2023, 12:00:56 PM5/21/23
On 5/21/2023 10:23 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> On Sunday, May 21, 2023 at 7:08:18 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
>>>
>>> That appearance is more an effect of the news outlet policies than reality.
>>> Many people have that fear even during the times of dropping crime. Fear
>>> sells advertisement.

>>> Right. They are responding to marketing, telling them that the world is
>>> horribly dangerous. And that they will be likely to save themselves by
>>> using their lightning-quick reflexes to blast away some bad guy.
>>>
>>> Let me ask seriously: Do you get the same sort of messages from media
>>> in Thailand? I'm also curious about Netherlands, Britain, etc.
>>>
>>> - Frank Krygowski
>>>
>> +1
>> I agree with you as I noted a minute ago in another reply.
>>
>> It's not clear to me that these are unusual times overall,
>> but particulars are individual instances, warranting
>> individual decisions and responses which naturally vary.

> Let's remember that the US government has told us virtually anything that would put them in a good light. January 6th was an insurrection aided and abetted by Donald Trump. There was no election fraud despite my seeing it with my own eyes. They had Republican pole watchers that simply happened to change party to Republican a week before the election and oversaw the vote count. There wasn't any vote harvesters etc.
>
> If you believe for one second that the murder rate is down when it is reportedly up in every major city in the US, you're falling for exactly what they want you to fall for.

US urban areas are suffering rising rates of all violent
crime, including murder, now from an elevated base.

The rest of the country is generally not.

There are statistical misrepresentations which confuse the
issues such as claiming Missouri, as a Republican led state,
has increasing murders while ignoring that it's concentrated
in the St Louis area and not much elsewhere. There are other
examples.

Which is why I wrote earlier about signal to noise ratio.

Your situation in Oakland is very different from mine in
Columbia County WI.

Frank Krygowski

May 21, 2023, 12:28:28 PM5/21/23
I should have been more specific. Do Thai news outlets engage in as much
fear mongering as U.S. news outlets? (And I'd also like to know whether
Dutch, German, British, Australian, Canadian news sources do the same.)

Our local newspaper, like most in America, is a sad remnant of what it
once was. It doesn't do much national news; but if there's a multi-car
pileup on a Colorado freeway, our paper will probably mention it.

But the online or TV news outlets are worst, instilling fear of events
thousands of miles away. A Tesla catches fire, a child catches Lyme
disease, a tornado hits a town center, or a distant gang member is shot
by another gang member. The subtext often is "It could happen to you!"

I know there are financial reasons for this. It lures eyeballs because
people really are compelled to pay attention to bad news. That's been
explained in terms of evolution: For most of human existence, if you got
news of a nighttime leopard attack, it could only be because the leopard
was nearby. The news put you on alert and helped your family's survival.

But today, we get news of a leopard attack in Africa, and react with
similar fear.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Catrike Rider

May 21, 2023, 12:41:51 PM5/21/23
You certainly are a fearful little man, Krygowski.

Frank Krygowski

May 21, 2023, 12:51:56 PM5/21/23
On 5/21/2023 11:59 AM, AMuzi wrote:

> US urban areas are suffering rising rates of all violent crime,
> including murder, now from an elevated base.
>
> The rest of the country is generally not.

As I understand it, murder rates surged during COVID. 2020-2022 had
intense social changes and much stress. Murder rates rose in rural areas
as well as urban ones.

https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/research-reports/myths-and-realities-understanding-recent-trends-violent-crime

And the recent uptick should be looked at in a historical context:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Homicide_rates1900-2001.jpg

How terrified were people in 1980?

> There are statistical misrepresentations which confuse the issues such
> as claiming Missouri, as a Republican led state, has increasing murders
> while ignoring that it's concentrated in the St Louis area and not much
> elsewhere. There are other examples.

Yes, examples both ways. Red states really are not paradises.

> Which is why I wrote earlier about signal to noise ratio.
>
> Your situation in Oakland is very different from mine in Columbia County
> WI.

Which is why Tom should move out of that hellhole. Bitching about
Democrats isn't going to fix his life.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Tom Kunich

May 21, 2023, 12:52:57 PM5/21/23
His courage all stands on the legs of being able to estimate his chances of being confronted by the people his would run from like a dog were he to face them.

Frank Krygowski

May 21, 2023, 1:01:53 PM5/21/23
Bullshit, from the only wimp on this group so timid as to never ride
without a handgun, and to ride only on kiddie trails.

I ride in places that would make you soak your Depends. And I do it
without carrying a gun.

--
- Frank Krygowski

John B.

May 21, 2023, 1:17:38 PM5/21/23
Yes, I don't know about the signal to noise ratio which is why I was
careful to say, "reading the U.S. news" as it is the only reference I
see here.

--
Cheers,

John B.

John B.

May 21, 2023, 2:02:35 PM5/21/23
On Sun, 21 May 2023 12:39:46 -0400, Catrike Rider
Worse, he certainly seems to exaggerate (the kindest description) or
perhaps the U.S. is far more fearful then other countries. After all,
we have occasional reports of elephant attacks here and nobody runs
and hides their head.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Frank Krygowski

May 21, 2023, 2:31:21 PM5/21/23
I'm pretty sure the U.S. leads in the number of guns purchased for
"protection." Draw your own conclusion about U.S. fearfulness.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Catrike Rider

May 21, 2023, 2:31:51 PM5/21/23
On Sun, 21 May 2023 12:59:03 -0400, Frank Krygowski
<SNORT> Krygowski warns us about how dangerous it is to just have a
gun in his home. He's the only wimp on this group so timid as to never
ride with his feet attached to his pedals.

>I ride in places that would make you soak your Depends. And I do it
>without carrying a gun.

<LOL> No you don't. Do you ride solo? Do you do it anywhere that
would take the police or an ambulance to get to in more than 45
minutes? Do you do it where there is no cell service? Do you do it
where there are large black bear populations?

I do all the above.

Do you ride at all anymore?

From what you've posted, your rides are all on local streets and roads
where there is always plenty of other people around, and more often
than not, with big group of other riders. Some of which you say are
police, who are likely to be carrying guns. Riding back and forth to
the grovery and the drug store are not dangerous.

Catrike Rider

May 21, 2023, 2:50:22 PM5/21/23
On Mon, 22 May 2023 01:00:27 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
Krygowski seems to be the only one on this group trying to make others
fearful...

Catrike Rider

May 21, 2023, 2:58:12 PM5/21/23
On Sun, 21 May 2023 14:29:35 -0400, Frank Krygowski
Most gun owners have no fear of what they bought the guns for.

Frank Krygowski

May 21, 2023, 4:05:29 PM5/21/23
On 5/21/2023 2:30 PM, Catrike Rider wrote:
> On Sun, 21 May 2023 12:59:03 -0400, Frank Krygowski
> <frkr...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> Bullshit, from the only wimp on this group so timid as to never ride
>> without a handgun, and to ride only on kiddie trails.
>
> <SNORT> Krygowski warns us about how dangerous it is to just have a
> gun in his home. He's the only wimp on this group so timid as to never
> ride with his feet attached to his pedals.

Wrong, as usual. And it's telling that you make that your standard for
courage!

>> I ride in places that would make you soak your Depends. And I do it
>> without carrying a gun.
>
> <LOL> No you don't. Do you ride solo?

Gosh, not since Friday!

> Do you do it anywhere that
> would take the police or an ambulance to get to in more than 45
> minutes?

I don't know police response time in detail. I've done night rides on
remote trails that I don't know how the cops would even get access -
certainly not with police cruisers. I've ridden coast to coast,
including places where I couldn't even guess where the nearest human
being might have been.

> Do you do it where there is no cell service?

Of course. That's not difficult at all in hilly rural territory.

> Do you do it
> where there are large black bear populations?

Large? I don't know. I've ridden where I've seen a mother bear and two
cubs within a couple hundred feet. Hell, we've had a black bear within
about 300 feet of our house, although we didn't know it until later. The
sighting was reported in the daily paper, from the street parallel to
ours. I've seen coyotes and one bobcat while riding, plus tons of other
wildlife. In Florida and in Georgia I've ridden past alligators basking
on the road or just off it.

> I do all the above.

Ah yes. While lying down and carrying a handgun. On a rugged, rugged
paved bicycle path in flat Florida. To which you hauled your tricycle in
your truck, because oh, those streets are scary!

> Do you ride at all anymore?
>
> From what you've posted, your rides are all on local streets and roads
> where there is always plenty of other people around, and more often
> than not, with big group of other riders.

All of that is false. Your imagination and "memory" are nearly as bad as
Kunich's.

And BTW, your weird obsession with me is showing again. You're the
person who claims to not care what I think, but who loves to dispute it
within minutes. That's just weird.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Tom Kunich

May 21, 2023, 4:25:56 PM5/21/23
Just to give you some idea of Frank's mentality - He considers my home a "Hell hole" because he lives in a totally white area that would leave him shivering in fear if Justice Clarence Thomas were to move there.

Catrike Rider

May 21, 2023, 5:39:19 PM5/21/23
On Sun, 21 May 2023 16:03:07 -0400, Frank Krygowski
<frkr...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On 5/21/2023 2:30 PM, Catrike Rider wrote:
> > On Sun, 21 May 2023 12:59:03 -0400, Frank Krygowski
> > <frkr...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> >
> >> Bullshit, from the only wimp on this group so timid as to never ride
> >> without a handgun, and to ride only on kiddie trails.
> >
> > <SNORT> Krygowski warns us about how dangerous it is to just have a
> > gun in his home. He's the only wimp on this group so timid as to never
> > ride with his feet attached to his pedals.
>
>Wrong, as usual. And it's telling that you make that your standard for
>courage!
>
> >> I ride in places that would make you soak your Depends. And I do it
> >> without carrying a gun.
> >
> > <LOL> No you don't. Do you ride solo?
>
>Gosh, not since Friday!
>
> > Do you do it anywhere that
> > would take the police or an ambulance to get to in more than 45
> > minutes?
>
>I don't know police response time in detail. I've done night rides on
>remote trails that I don't know how the cops would even get access -
>certainly not with police cruisers.

Me too, regularly.

> I've ridden coast to coast,
>including places where I couldn't even guess where the nearest human
>being might have been.

Bullshit. You rode on streets amd roads

> > Do you do it where there is no cell service?
>
>Of course. That's not difficult at all in hilly rural territory.
>
> > Do you do it
> > where there are large black bear populations?
>
>Large? I don't know. I've ridden where I've seen a mother bear and two
>cubs within a couple hundred feet. Hell, we've had a black bear within
>about 300 feet of our house, although we didn't know it until later.

The Green Swamp has a large bear population. I've seen several on the
trail there. I saw one on the Withlacoochee trail and also one on the
Starkey Park Trail

The
>sighting was reported in the daily paper, from the street parallel to
>ours.

Ah, yes, in the safety of your house...

>I've seen coyotes and one bobcat while riding, plus tons of other
>wildlife. In Florida and in Georgia I've ridden past alligators basking
>on the road or just off it.

<LOL Coyotes and bobcats aren't dangerous, and alligators and snakes,
some poison, are a common occurance where I ride. You just find a big
stick and bang it on the road and they move off. Most Floridans just
laugh at people who even bother to mention seeing alligators and
snakes.

> > I do all the above.
>
>Ah yes. While lying down and carrying a handgun. On a rugged, rugged
>paved bicycle path in flat Florida. To which you hauled your tricycle in
>your truck, because oh, those streets are scary!

Many bicycle trails in Florida go through wilderness areas. Reclining
a few inches off the ground makes it difficult to get free and run. A
three wheel recumbent can't turn on a dime, either.

> > Do you ride at all anymore?
> >
> > From what you've posted, your rides are all on local streets and roads
> > where there is always plenty of other people around, and more often
> > than not, with big group of other riders.
>
>All of that is false. Your imagination and "memory" are nearly as bad as
>Kunich's.

What I described is all I see you post about. You mention riding off
to the grocery and going on group rides. You've mentioned riding a
few rural roads and trails in your vacinity. I've been in your area.
It's pretty tame.

>And BTW, your weird obsession with me is showing again. You're the
>person who claims to not care what I think, but who loves to dispute it
>within minutes. That's just weird.

You can't expect me not to reply when you mention how fearful you are,
and start offering unrequested advice on how fearful others "should
be."

Tom Kunich

May 21, 2023, 6:15:54 PM5/21/23
I certainly have a bad memory, but it doesn't take a photographic memory like I once had to know that Frank is a crawling worm of a coward that believes where I live is a Hell Hole and that I should run like the coward and racist he is. The only time I've truly in danger of being shot and killed was from some stupid rookie cop who paid for that with his job. Krygowski is a communist that believes that the police are there to protect good little communists like him.

Frank Krygowski

May 21, 2023, 8:31:32 PM5/21/23
I haven't mentioned anything about _me_ being fearful. If you dispute
that, find the post where I said that, and link to it.

IOW, you're mimicking Kunich by either "remembering" wrongly or, more
likely, by deliberately lying.

Again: You are afraid to claim a traffic lane when legal and necessary
for safety; that's what got you mad at me in the first place. You are
afraid to ride anywhere but on a paved bike trail in flat Florida. You
don't even have the courage to bike TO the trail. You are afraid to do
even that riding without carrying a gun. You are afraid to enter into
conversations with others when you ride.

No other poster here has all those limitations, which makes you our most
cowardly poster. Don't claim to be tough and brave, it's not working.
And drop the psychological projection, attributing your own cowardice to
others.

Also, TRY to get over your obsession with me! You're following me like a
yapping chihuahua, annoying as hell and no more intelligent.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Catrike Rider

May 21, 2023, 9:09:43 PM5/21/23
On Sun, 21 May 2023 20:29:43 -0400, Frank Krygowski
<frkr...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On 5/21/2023 5:39 PM, Catrike Rider wrote:
> > On Sun, 21 May 2023 16:03:07 -0400, Frank Krygowski
> > <frkr...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> >

> >> And BTW, your weird obsession with me is showing again. You're the
> >> person who claims to not care what I think, but who loves to dispute it
> >> within minutes. That's just weird.
> >

> > You can't expect me not to reply when you mention how fearful you are,
> > and start offering unrequested advice on how fearful others "should
> > be."
>
>I haven't mentioned anything about _me_ being fearful. If you dispute
>that, find the post where I said that, and link to it.

You proclaimed, incorrectly, that people who had guns in their homes
were more likely to get shot.. That's an admission that you fear
having a gun in your home.

>IOW, you're mimicking Kunich by either "remembering" wrongly or, more
>likely, by deliberately lying.

<LOL> Krygowski's gaslighting attempts are pathetic....

>Again: You are afraid to claim a traffic lane when legal and necessary
>for safety;

Nope, I've done that.. more than once. It was a few years ago. I
don't ride there any more.

> that's what got you mad at me in the first place. You are
>afraid to ride anywhere but on a paved bike trail in flat Florida.

Nope... I routinely ride on rural roads. I did it just last Friday..

>You
>don't even have the courage to bike TO the trail.

<LOL> Courage? No, it doesn't take courage, just a desire to stay
off a nasty, potholed road or the cement sidewalk/bike trail alongside
it. The sidewalk has a seam every few feet and several driveway
depressions to traverse.

>You are afraid to do
>even that riding without carrying a gun.

A wise move, on my part, says the local LEO.

>You are afraid to enter into
>conversations with others when you ride.

Huh? You can't converse when you're riding solo.

>No other poster here has all those limitations, which makes you our most
>cowardly poster.

Except you, who is afraid to attach your feet to the bike's pedals.
It's not all that hard, maybe you could take some lessons.

> Don't claim to be tough and brave, it's not working.

Never have..

But then, unlike me, you've never gone off sailing in the Caribbean
all alone for several months. Unlike me, you've never gone scuba
diving amongst sharks. You've never been brave enough to hike and camp
solo in the high Rocky Moutains where there are grizzleys, like I
have. Have you ever surprised a moose and had her come after you?

>And drop the psychological projection, attributing your own cowardice to
>others.

You've never had the courage to do anything the slightest bit
adventurous. You're afraid of being alone. You need you're your social
relationships like fish need water.

>Also, TRY to get over your obsession with me! You're following me like a
>yapping chihuahua, annoying as hell and no more intelligent.

<SNORT> Not nearly as much as you follow Tom around 'like a
yapping chihuahua." That doesn't seem to bother him nearly as much as
it bothers you.

John B.

May 21, 2023, 9:25:07 PM5/21/23
On Sun, 21 May 2023 14:30:09 -0400, Catrike Rider
See There! You don't pay attention. If you did you would realize that
Frank is the ultimate authority on many things. Anything he "sets his
mind to" in fact.. Granted some unlettered folks might argue that
Frank can't possibly be as knowledgeable as he claims but that is very
much a "sour grapes" attitude.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Tom Kunich

May 21, 2023, 9:27:43 PM5/21/23
I have an outside cat that I feed. The next door neighbors have a forever barking Chihuahua. One time that loud little animal chewed a hole in my fence and came into the yard. Smokey was lounging in front of the French doors and that dog came running up and barking in a continuous refrain.

Smokey never even raised an eyebrow and just sat lounging there as the dog became more and more frantic that the cat wasn't in the least afraid and was bigger than he was. I watched the humorous goings on for a little while and then went out and chased the dog back into his yard and patched the hole.

John B.

May 21, 2023, 11:31:25 PM5/21/23
On Sun, 21 May 2023 15:15:52 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
<cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:
Disregarding Frank's shortcomings, you have announced a number of
times that you live in a part of town where guns are going off all
night and illegal aliens are running up and down the streets. In fact
didn't you accuse them of stealing your bicycles?

--
Cheers,

John B.

Rolf Mantel

May 22, 2023, 7:02:23 AM5/22/23
Am 21.05.2023 um 01:31 schrieb Catrike Rider:
> On Sun, 21 May 2023 05:55:44 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 20 May 2023 19:29:18 +0200, Rolf Mantel
>> <ne...@hartig-mantel.de> wrote:

>>> According to this definition, there is the grey zone of sterile
>>> individuals, and this grey zone shrinks but does not vanish when you
>>> specify the existence of reproductive organs instead of specifyling
>>> functional reproductive organs.
>>
>> Sure, you can always find some word that can be interpreted more then
>> one way. Tom, for example, has stated that because of a childhood
>> disease he is unable to father children, thus, in a sense, he does not
>> have functional reproductive organs. By your definition he isn't a
>> male which is obviously ridiculous.
>
> There's been no question as to how to differentiate between men and
> women for thousands of years...

There's no question as long as you're happy with a 95-99% success rate.
There is sufficient historical evidence of some men being legally
treated as women (e.g. Eunuchs were allowed to enter women-only quarters
- laws of allowing certain men to enter women-only areas have sufficient
historic precedence) and vice versa.

Rolf

John B.

May 22, 2023, 7:35:00 AM5/22/23
On Mon, 22 May 2023 13:02:19 +0200, Rolf Mantel
But Eunuchs were not necessarily treated as women, at least from what
I've read. They were simply males who had been altered so that
couldn't impregnate a woman and thus could safely be utilized as
servants in either the male or female side of the house.

Apparently they were relatively common as far East as China where they
often served as high-ranking civil servants and are even mentioned in
the Christian Bible - Matthew 19:6–12
--
Cheers,

John B.

Catrike Rider

May 22, 2023, 7:53:37 AM5/22/23
On Mon, 22 May 2023 13:02:19 +0200, Rolf Mantel
Probably 99.999+% sucess rate. Every statistic has outliers.

pH

May 22, 2023, 4:06:17 PM5/22/23
On 2023-05-21, Frank Krygowski <frkr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, May 20, 2023 at 10:29:12 PM UTC-4, pH wrote:

>> > You'll have to remind me who Bob Grant was. I remember a Grant Peterson who I believe started Bridgestone bicycles in the USA.
>> I believe Grant *worked* for Bridgestone and left to open Rivendell Bicycle
>> works up near Concord, CA somewhere. I'm assuming he's still in business.
>
> He is. Running the company, also blogging.
>
> - Frank Krygowski

Oh good. I used to love his "Rivendell Reader" but lost track of it when he
went electronic. Just no fun reading from a screen in bed.

I gave the kindle my brother gave me to my daughter, gave the cell phone
back, etcetera.

pH "Luddite" Aptos, CA

AMuzi

May 22, 2023, 4:21:59 PM5/22/23
On 5/22/2023 3:04 PM, pH wrote:
> On 2023-05-21, Frank Krygowski <frkr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Saturday, May 20, 2023 at 10:29:12 PM UTC-4, pH wrote:
>>> On 2023-05-20, Tom Kunich <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:
+1

I read Mr Grant's material on paper but never electronically.

Frank Krygowski

May 22, 2023, 9:17:27 PM5/22/23
On 5/22/2023 4:04 PM, pH wrote:
> On 2023-05-21, Frank Krygowski <frkr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Saturday, May 20, 2023 at 10:29:12 PM UTC-4, pH wrote:
>>> I remember a Grant Peterson who I believe started Bridgestone bicycles in the USA.
>>> I believe Grant *worked* for Bridgestone and left to open Rivendell Bicycle
>>> works up near Concord, CA somewhere. I'm assuming he's still in business.
>>
>> He is. Running the company, also blogging.
>>

> Oh good. I used to love his "Rivendell Reader" but lost track of it when he
> went electronic. Just no fun reading from a screen in bed.
>
> I gave the kindle my brother gave me to my daughter, gave the cell phone
> back, etcetera.
>
> pH "Luddite" Aptos, CA

You might like yesterday's article by Tish Harrison Warren, titled "We
should be more 'Amish' about technology." She suggested that instead of
compulsively adopting each new tech trend, we should evaluate whether
it's really valuable for us, good for society, etc. "'Blessed are the
early adopters’ is not a wise rule for living."

You'll probably hit a paywall, but you can try this link:
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/21/opinion/technology-teenagers-religion.html

--
- Frank Krygowski

pH

May 23, 2023, 1:11:02 AM5/23/23
I did indeed hit the paywall but I got the gist of it and she's preaching to
the choir.

I was an early adopter w/ my Apple ][+ w/ beloved CP/M card (Z80's and WordStar
forever) but about the time the '486 came out I was beginning to see the
handwriting on the wall.

Well, I'll start ranting if I keep going....

pH in Aptos

John B.

May 23, 2023, 2:45:18 AM5/23/23
On Tue, 23 May 2023 05:09:40 -0000 (UTC), pH <wNOS...@gmail.org>
wrote:

>On 2023-05-23, Frank Krygowski <frkr...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>>> Oh good. I used to love his "Rivendell Reader" but lost track of it when he
>>> went electronic. Just no fun reading from a screen in bed.
>>>
>>> I gave the kindle my brother gave me to my daughter, gave the cell phone
>>> back, etcetera.
>>>
>>> pH "Luddite" Aptos, CA
>>
>> You might like yesterday's article by Tish Harrison Warren, titled "We
>> should be more 'Amish' about technology." She suggested that instead of
>> compulsively adopting each new tech trend, we should evaluate whether
>> it's really valuable for us, good for society, etc. "'Blessed are the
>> early adopters’ is not a wise rule for living."
>>
>> You'll probably hit a paywall, but you can try this link:
>> https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/21/opinion/technology-teenagers-religion.html
>>

>I did indeed hit the paywall but I got the gist of it and she's preaching to
>the choir.
>
>I was an early adopter w/ my Apple ][+ w/ beloved CP/M card (Z80's and WordStar
>forever) but about the time the '486 came out I was beginning to see the
>handwriting on the wall.
>
>Well, I'll start ranting if I keep going....
>
>pH in Aptos

But the Apple II+ was a vast improvement over what else was available
at the time (:-)

I had bought one and become enchanted with it and had started arguing
with the company that "we should buy a computer" and was told that
"computers cost thousands of dollars" and they did. Think back to the
early IBM and DEC computers.

I brought my Apple II into the office and wrote a Basic Language
program to keep track of material orders for a production barge
project we had in the Java sea and it worked great.

Then I discovered Word Star and taught the secretary how to use that.
The "boss" was a great "editor", his secretary would type a two page
letter and then the boss would edit it and change a couple of words
and the poor secretary would have to retype the whole two pages.

Once we got Word Star working the secretary would just laugh. Edit a
two page letter and she'd bring the corrected copy back in about 10
minutes (:-)

And secretaries do talk to each other. "Yup, my boss edits the letter
and I can print the new letter in 10 minutes!" "No more staying late
to finish the correspondence!"

Pretty soon I had most of the supervisors in the company coming in
saying, "Tell me about this computer thing my secretary is complaining
about."

And, the company became computerized and I became the Computer Man
(:-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Catrike Rider

May 23, 2023, 5:10:28 AM5/23/23
On Mon, 22 May 2023 21:17:21 -0400, Frank Krygowski
<frkr...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On 5/22/2023 4:04 PM, pH wrote:
>>>
>>> He is. Running the company, also blogging.
>>>

>> Oh good. I used to love his "Rivendell Reader" but lost track of it when he
>> went electronic. Just no fun reading from a screen in bed.
>>
>> I gave the kindle my brother gave me to my daughter, gave the cell phone
>> back, etcetera.
>>
>> pH "Luddite" Aptos, CA
>
>You might like yesterday's article by Tish Harrison Warren, titled "We
>should be more 'Amish' about technology." She suggested that instead of
>compulsively adopting each new tech trend, we should evaluate whether
>it's really valuable for us, good for society, etc. "'Blessed are the
>early adopters’ is not a wise rule for living."
>
>You'll probably hit a paywall, but you can try this link:
>https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/21/opinion/technology-teenagers-religion.html

No thanks, I usually ignore unsolicited advice on what is and isn't "a
wise rule for living."

John B.

May 23, 2023, 6:04:50 AM5/23/23
I tried to look at it but they want to charge you for looking so that
was the end of that. But I did see one quote, "not to be afraid to
walk away from new technology. "To be tech-savvy is not a virtue," he
writes.", which seems a bit excessive although granted it is just a
quote.

I remember, for instance, older women, often farm women, cooking on
wood stoves, and the "Ice Man" delivering the ice for the "ice box" at
my grandmother's house three times a week. In those circumstances gas
or electric stoves and electric refrigerates ARE high tech (:-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

funkma...@hotmail.com

May 23, 2023, 6:52:40 AM5/23/23
On Sunday, May 21, 2023 at 7:57:01 AM UTC-4, Catrike Rider wrote:
> On Sun, 21 May 2023 03:57:45 -0700 (PDT), "funkma...@hotmail.com"
> <funkma...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >On Sunday, May 21, 2023 at 4:59:31?AM UTC-4, Catrike Rider wrote:

> >> Crime is not dropping..
> >
> >You really need to quit parroting what fox news tells you
> How about NPR, Dummy?
>
> A nationwide spike in murders brings crime to the forefront
>
> There's been a dramatic uptick in murder over the last several years.
> FBI data shows that it rose nearly 30% from 2019 to 2020 — the largest
> single-year increase ever recorded in the U.S.
>
> The number of homicides increased 4.3% nationally in 2021, according
> to the FBI report, and Asher says it likely decreased by a similar
> amount so far this year. Nonetheless, it's higher than it was in 2019.
> In other words: The murder rate is significantly lower than it was in
> the 1990s — Asher says 30-40% lower — but much higher than it was just
> three or four years ago.
> Attorney General Garland pledges a comprehensive response to violent
> crime
> Law
> Attorney General Garland pledges a comprehensive response to violent
> crime
>
> Importantly, that's a national rate. Asher thinks the reason crime
> carries so much weight in these midterm elections is because the
> increase in murders in 2020 was truly a national phenomenon.
>
> "It happened in big cities, it happened in small cities. It happened
> in counties that voted for Trump, it happened in counties that voted
> for Biden," he says. "It was really everywhere, and so I think that
> most places in America are grappling with at least some increase in
> gun violence over the last two years, which brings it to the forefront
> of these elections as they're taking place now."

Sure dumbass, because there are no other crimes besides the murder rate.

You've repeatedly made these dumbass statistical mistakes. You seem to completely un aware that it's possible for one aspect of crime to rise while the overall rate decreases. Kind of like tommy not understanding how his current speed can decrease while his average increases.

Take a math refresher, dumbass....

funkma...@hotmail.com

May 23, 2023, 6:55:50 AM5/23/23
On Sunday, May 21, 2023 at 12:41:51 PM UTC-4, Catrike Rider wrote:
> On Sun, 21 May 2023 12:28:24 -0400, Frank Krygowski
> <frkr...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> >On 5/21/2023 5:49 AM, John B. wrote:

> >reality.
> >Fear

Wow, Frank notes overall crime is dropping, and the only chicken shit in this forum whose afraid to ride without a gun accuses him of fearmongering. You are a truly spectacular floriduh idiot.

funkma...@hotmail.com

May 23, 2023, 7:00:58 AM5/23/23
Kitty the floriduh idiot writes "I'm not afraid as long as I have my gun"

I don't own gun, I'm not afraid of crime. You're the one saying crime is increasing and being afraid to ride without a gun, accusing others of fear mongering. Yes, a truly spectacular floriduh idiot.

Catrike Rider

May 23, 2023, 7:10:52 AM5/23/23
On Tue, 23 May 2023 17:03:06 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
wrote:
I 'm not inclined to read the NY Times even if it was free.

>But I did see one quote, "not to be afraid to
>walk away from new technology. "To be tech-savvy is not a virtue," he
>writes.", which seems a bit excessive although granted it is just a
>quote.

I can remember back when one wasn't exposed to lectures on virtue
outside of church, which is why I'm no longer involved with them.
Nowdays, it seems, the pathetic fools in the news and entertainent
media know what's in my best interest. They, and other pathetic fools
I've run into on the Internet, are constantly barking their advice on
how to live my life.

>I remember, for instance, older women, often farm women, cooking on
>wood stoves, and the "Ice Man" delivering the ice for the "ice box" at
>my grandmother's house three times a week. In those circumstances gas
>or electric stoves and electric refrigerates ARE high tech (:-)

One of my favorite movies from years ago:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049233/

"Friendly Persuasion" from an equally misnamed book "The Friendly
Persuasion."

It's a story about steadfast independance and individualism.

funkma...@hotmail.com

May 23, 2023, 7:22:32 AM5/23/23
On Sunday, May 21, 2023 at 9:09:43 PM UTC-4, Catrike Rider wrote:

> >I haven't mentioned anything about _me_ being fearful. If you dispute
> >that, find the post where I said that, and link to it.
>
> You proclaimed, incorrectly, that people who had guns in their homes
> were more likely to get shot.

Stated with links to studies and statistics, dumbass. Your response? "<snivel> no their not".

> That's an admission that you fear
> having a gun in your home.

Projection from the chickenshit afraid to ride without his gun.

> >IOW, you're mimicking Kunich by either "remembering" wrongly or, more
> >likely, by deliberately lying.
> <LOL> Krygowski's gaslighting attempts are pathetic....

We can add 'gasligting' to yet another concept the kitty the floriduh idiot doesn't understand.

> >Again: You are afraid to claim a traffic lane when legal and necessary
> >for safety;
> Nope, I've done that.. more than once. It was a few years ago. I
> don't ride there any more.

because you're afraid to.

> > that's what got you mad at me in the first place. You are
> >afraid to ride anywhere but on a paved bike trail in flat Florida.
> Nope... I routinely ride on rural roads. I did it just last Friday..
> >You
> >don't even have the courage to bike TO the trail.
> <LOL> Courage? No, it doesn't take courage, just a desire to stay
> off a nasty, potholed road or the cement sidewalk/bike trail alongside
> it. The sidewalk has a seam every few feet and several driveway
> depressions to traverse.

OOOOHHH!!!! How scary!!!!! Seams in the roads and driveways!!!! Too bad your big bad gun can't protect you from those!!!

> >You are afraid to do
> >even that riding without carrying a gun.
> A wise move, on my part, says the local LEO.

Because they take one look a a guy on a tricycle with a gun and say "yeah, you should stay as far away from other people as possible"

> >You are afraid to enter into
> >conversations with others when you ride.
> Huh? You can't converse when you're riding solo.

You can if you weren't afraid of talking to other people you see when you ride, dumbass.

> >No other poster here has all those limitations, which makes you our most
> >cowardly poster.
> Except you, who is afraid to attach your feet to the bike's pedals.
> It's not all that hard, maybe you could take some lessons.

Sure, let's equate not being comfortable with clipless pedals with being afraid to ride without a gun, dumbass....Besides, you've repeated explained why you're afraid to ride with _out_ being clipped in.

> > Don't claim to be tough and brave, it's not working.
> Never have..
>
> But then, unlike me, you've never gone off sailing in the Caribbean
> all alone for several months. Unlike me, you've never gone scuba
> diving amongst sharks. You've never been brave enough to hike and camp
> solo in the high Rocky Moutains where there are grizzleys, like I
> have. Have you ever surprised a moose and had her come after you?

Taking lessons from the shit-stained irish troll now.....What's next? paratrooping into a war zone?

> >And drop the psychological projection, attributing your own cowardice to
> >others.
> You've never had the courage to do anything the slightest bit
> adventurous. You're afraid of being alone. You need you're your social
> relationships like fish need water.

Frank has documented (published) his extensive cycling experiences. Nothing from a scared little tricycle rider besides calims an insults.

> >Also, TRY to get over your obsession with me! You're following me like a
> >yapping chihuahua, annoying as hell and no more intelligent.
> <SNORT> Not nearly as much as you follow Tom around 'like a
> yapping chihuahua." That doesn't seem to bother him nearly as much as
> it bothers you.

Floriduh dumbass doesn't seem to recall the dozens of threads tommy has dedicated to Frank over the years. Yeah, I guess in kitty world that makes Frank the obsessive one.

Tom Kunich

May 23, 2023, 9:50:58 AM5/23/23
I was an early adopter of CP/M but that was necessary for my job.

John B.

May 23, 2023, 10:00:36 AM5/23/23
On Tue, 23 May 2023 04:22:30 -0700 (PDT), "funkma...@hotmail.com"
<funkma...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On Sunday, May 21, 2023 at 9:09:43?PM UTC-4, Catrike Rider wrote:
>>

>> >I haven't mentioned anything about _me_ being fearful. If you dispute
>> >that, find the post where I said that, and link to it.
>>
>> You proclaimed, incorrectly, that people who had guns in their homes
>> were more likely to get shot.
>
>Stated with links to studies and statistics, dumbass. Your response? "<snivel> no their not".

Actually gun and ownership and firearm homicide do not necessarily
coincide.

Arkansas has a gun ownership of 57.9% and a gun homicide rate of
3.7/100,000. Idaho has a gun ownership of 56.9% and a homicide rate of
1.5. 1% fewer guns and less then half the firearm murders.

North Dakota has gun ownership of 47.9% and firearm murder rate of
1.2./100,000 while Maine has a gun ownership of 22.6 and a homicide
are of 1.2.

The data is out there. All you have to do is look (:-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Catrike Rider

May 23, 2023, 10:25:21 AM5/23/23
On Tue, 23 May 2023 21:00:28 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Tue, 23 May 2023 04:22:30 -0700 (PDT), "funkma...@hotmail.com"
><funkma...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> You proclaimed, incorrectly, that people who had guns in their homes
>>> were more likely to get shot.
>>
>>Stated with links to studies and statistics, dumbass. Your response? "<snivel> no their not".

<chuckle> People who get shot are likely to have guns themselves....

>Actually gun and ownership and firearm homicide do not necessarily
>coincide.
>
>Arkansas has a gun ownership of 57.9% and a gun homicide rate of
>3.7/100,000. Idaho has a gun ownership of 56.9% and a homicide rate of
>1.5. 1% fewer guns and less then half the firearm murders.
>
>North Dakota has gun ownership of 47.9% and firearm murder rate of
>1.2./100,000 while Maine has a gun ownership of 22.6 and a homicide
>are of 1.2.
>
> The data is out there. All you have to do is look (:-)

<chuckle> People who get shot are likely to have guns themselves....

AMuzi

May 23, 2023, 10:58:10 AM5/23/23
We discussed that thoroughly already.

People in areas and or situations with higher risk are much
more likely to (prudently) arm themselves. Cart, horse, etc.

Frank Krygowski

May 23, 2023, 11:01:11 AM5/23/23
> at the time (:-)...
>
> I brought my Apple II into the office and wrote a Basic Language
> program to keep track of material orders for a production barge
> project we had in the Java sea and it worked great....
>
> Once we got Word Star working the secretary would just laugh. Edit a
> two page letter and she'd bring the corrected copy back in about 10
> minutes (:-)...
> And, the company became computerized and I became the Computer Man
> (:-)

The article wasn't talking against using computers in productive ways.
The author (a journalist) began by discussing the detrimental effects on
her family of her own Twitter use. She felt compelled to use Twitter as
part of her career, but later decided it was so addicting that it
damaged relationships.

Her point was that not all technology is beneficial to the things that
really matter in life. She mentioned some religious groups (not just
Amish) that put thought into which technologies are beneficial and which
are detrimental.

It's not that they reject all technology. Instead, they attempt to
examine benefits vs. detriments and make rational decisions.

The alternative is to slavishly jump on every new technology, based on
the latest fashion trends, or based on the glowing testimonials of
advertisers and reviews in magazines paid to carry the advertisements.

Twitter. TikTok. Snapchat. Disc brakes. Carbon fiber. Yet another rear
cog. Radar taillights. Foam hats. Whatever.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Frank Krygowski

May 23, 2023, 11:17:37 AM5/23/23
On 5/23/2023 10:00 AM, John B. wrote:

> Actually gun and ownership and firearm homicide do not necessarily
> coincide.

Nobody here has ever claimed that gun ownership _necessarily_ means a
homicide will follow. That's not what data analysis says. In fact,
that's not the sort of statement that comes from any analysis of any
population data on any topic.

You find a couple rural states with lots of two barrelled hunting
shotguns, and extrapolate to guns with high capacity magazines in cities
and suburbs. Those are not comparable.

And there are people posting here who find some bit of outlier evidence
and think it refutes tens of thousands of data points.

I'm guessing those people are the ones making the various state lottery
programs so profitable.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Catrike Rider

May 23, 2023, 11:41:33 AM5/23/23
On Tue, 23 May 2023 11:01:04 -0400, Frank Krygowski
As if she actually knew which technology is beneficial to other
people.

>It's not that they reject all technology. Instead, they attempt to
>examine benefits vs. detriments and make rational decisions.

Most people already do that without sanctmonious advice from do-gooder
central.

>The alternative is to slavishly jump on every new technology, based on
>the latest fashion trends, or based on the glowing testimonials of
>advertisers and reviews in magazines paid to carry the advertisements.

No, the alternative is to ignore unsolicited advice.

>Twitter. TikTok. Snapchat. Disc brakes. Carbon fiber. Yet another rear
>cog. Radar taillights. Foam hats. Whatever.

You buy what you want, and I'll buy what I want. Why I buy what I buy
is none of your, or her business.

Catrike Rider

May 23, 2023, 11:44:27 AM5/23/23
Coorelation is not causation..

All the tens of thousands of data points show is that people who get
shot, are likely to have guns themselves.

Catrike Rider

May 23, 2023, 11:45:32 AM5/23/23
On Tue, 23 May 2023 04:22:30 -0700 (PDT), "funkma...@hotmail.com"
<funkma...@hotmail.com> wrote:

<LOL> ...and riding a bicycle is so adventurous.

pH

May 23, 2023, 1:54:24 PM5/23/23
That is a great story! I remember the 16K (that's 'K', mind you) expansion
card to bring my II+ to a full 64K was $400...late 70's/early 80's dollars.

How much is a 64GB thumb drive these days?......

pH in Aptos

Catrike Rider

May 23, 2023, 2:16:56 PM5/23/23
On Tue, 23 May 2023 17:54:21 -0000 (UTC), pH <wNOS...@gmail.org>
wrote:

>On 2023-05-23, John B <sloc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 23 May 2023 05:09:40 -0000 (UTC), pH <wNOS...@gmail.org>
>> wrote:

I remember the first system computer I worked with at my company's new
control center. It was a dual system with magnetic Ccore memory. Tiny
donuts made of magnetic material strung on wires into an array. Each
donut was a bit, magnetized one way for “zero,” and the other way for
“one.” The wires could both detect and change the magnetization. I
don't remember how much of it we had. Each machine also had a hard
ceramic disk that weighed 5 lbs and was enclosed in a cabinet that was
the size of a washing machine and wiggled and wobbled like a washing
machine out of balance. I remember writing programs that required
dumping intermediate data out to tape, then reading it back in so the
program could contunue.

Tom Kunich

May 23, 2023, 3:14:48 PM5/23/23
I find the responses of Frank to show why he became a teacher rather than try and provide the world with competent skills.

Tom Kunich

May 23, 2023, 3:18:11 PM5/23/23
Every time you read a posting from Flunky, isn't the first thought that passes through your head "My God, isn't he smart"? And I have to agree - he isn't.

Catrike Rider

May 23, 2023, 3:44:58 PM5/23/23
On Tue, 23 May 2023 12:14:45 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
<cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:
Those that can, do, those that can't, teach?

John B.

May 23, 2023, 6:02:13 PM5/23/23
Gee and wasn't it Frankie who was telling us that guns in the house
made it more likely the you would die by a gun? And now when I
demonstrate that "'tain't necessarily true", he changes his tune.

Now it seems to be "if you have an AR in the house"... Strange isn't
it that the FBI, who actually keep records about these sort of things
say, "Nope tain't so" as hand guns are used in a vast majority of
firearm homicides. To the extent that hands and feet were used in more
homicides then any sort of rifle the last time I checked.

So now Frankie will leap into the fray shouting "I didn't say it! "I
didn't say it".

A carefully reader might note that Frank has carefully deleted any
reference to what he actually wrote, which is a great aid if one wants
to deny what he has previously said (:-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Catrike Rider

May 23, 2023, 6:33:11 PM5/23/23
On Wed, 24 May 2023 05:01:00 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
Is Kryowski dishonest enough to attempt to make others afraid of
something that he himself is not afraid of?

He either is that dishonest, or he is actually afraid of having a gun
in his house.

John B.

May 23, 2023, 6:46:15 PM5/23/23
On Tue, 23 May 2023 12:18:09 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
<cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:
Well perhaps... but the first thought that passes through your head
when you read one of Good Old Tommy's post is, "He's lying again".

And Everybody agrees!
--
Cheers,

John B.

John B.

May 23, 2023, 8:12:06 PM5/23/23
On Tue, 23 May 2023 18:33:07 -0400, Catrike Rider
But it is not "dishonesty" per se. It is that being a school teacher
and thus so obviously a very superior person his most minuscule
utterances must be treated as though it was "carved on tablets of
stone", so to speak.

Why, when he belches the multitudes applaud and when he "breaks wind",
while the multitudes remain silent, his wife says "Pew!"
--
Cheers,

John B.

John B.

May 23, 2023, 8:16:49 PM5/23/23
wrote:

>On 2023-05-23, John B <sloc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 23 May 2023 05:09:40 -0000 (UTC), pH <wNOS...@gmail.org>
>> wrote:

And the disc II!. An unbelievable amount of data could be stored!
--
Cheers,

John B.

Jeff Liebermann

May 23, 2023, 9:39:31 PM5/23/23
On Tue, 23 May 2023 11:44:23 -0400, Catrike Rider
<sol...@drafting.not> wrote:

>All the tens of thousands of data points show is that people who get
>shot, are likely to have guns themselves.

<https://gunsandamerica.org/story/20/09/17/how-many-gun-owners-united-states-explainer/>
"40% of adult Americans own a gun or live with someone who does"

That means if someone randomly shoots into an adult crowd, 40% of
those hit well be either gun owners or have a gun on the premisis.

--
Jeff Liebermann je...@cruzio.com
Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272

Frank Krygowski

May 23, 2023, 10:09:04 PM5/23/23
No, John, I'm not changing my tune. I'm stating mathematical facts. Data
and correlation are extremely powerful tools and are not ignored by any
but the mathematically ignorant. But nobody with mathematical sense
claims that there are zero exemptions to strong correlations.

Having a gun in the home is not a guarantee someone will get killed. And
having a gun in the home is not a guarantee it will be effective at
"protection." But there's plenty of data indicating the first is more
likely than the second; IOW for most people, having a gun for
"protection" is probably a bad idea.

Read about it:

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn17922-carrying-a-gun-increases-risk-of-getting-shot-and-killed/

https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/full/10.7326/M21-3762

https://time.com/6183881/gun-ownership-risks-at-home/

> Now it seems to be "if you have an AR in the house"...

"It seems to be" only to people whose love of ARs overwhelms their
reading comprehension abilities. Scan my post again. I did NOT mention
ARs. I mentioned high capacity magazines.

And you mock Tom's reading comprehension and memory!

> So now Frankie will leap into the fray shouting "I didn't say it! "I
> didn't say it".

Show me where in the post just above I said that. Put up or shut up.

> A carefully reader might note that Frank has carefully deleted any
> reference to what he actually wrote, which is a great aid if one wants
> to deny what he has previously said (:-)

Good grief! This is the internet! Everything I've posted on this
discussion group is still available!

Again, you're emulating Tom: "It disappeared, but I _know_ I read it
somewhere." What nonsense!

--
- Frank Krygowski

It is loading more messages.