The Thief Peter Howard = News2021 = Flunkmeister

Andre Jute

Feb 8, 2021, 8:33:28 AM2/8/21

>funkma...@hotmail.com
>12:32 PM (1 hour ago)
>On Sunday, February 7, 2021 at 6:50:50 PM UTC-5, >News 2021 wrote:

I believe it was the sometime RBT poster Ron Bales who pointed out that the worst scum on the net create sock puppets to support their untenable views and their bullying.

The Thief Peter Howard = News2021 = Flunkmeister is just such scum, all the same scum, all the time, ever scummier.

This is a public hygiene message by Andre Jute. I am Andre Jute and I authorised it in the public interest.

funkma...@hotmail.com

Feb 8, 2021, 8:58:58 AM2/8/21
well well well, if it isn't tommy's favorite ass-sucking sycophant. What's the matter, skippy? Not been getting enough attention lately? Here's a bit of advice: When you make such claims, you really should be able to back them up. It isn't hard to actually look into message header information and deduce the source, or are you too stupid (like your bitch master kunich) to be able to figure that out? Gee, skippy, you're supposed to be such a great and well researched oracle of truthiness, show us all how you logically and methodically concluded that I'm a sock puppet. Of course you won't, you'll instead resort to your pathetic excuse for eloquent insults. So let's start it off right, shall we?

Written any good books lately? Sorry, silly question, we all know the answer to that. Maybe you could revive your writing career by researching the space lasers operated by the rothchilds. It'll be at least as entertaining as any of the drivel your publisher rejected lately.

Run along now, skippy, your wife needs her cuck-boy for clean up.

News 2021

Feb 8, 2021, 9:07:12 AM2/8/21
On Mon, 08 Feb 2021 05:33:25 -0800, Andre Jute scribed:
Do you have lots and lots of IQs like little tommy?
Little tommy will get jealous.

Tom Kunich

Feb 8, 2021, 12:19:26 PM2/8/21
So are you a real women or one of those act-alikes? Or is it that other way around? You're a woman who likes to portray men?

Tom Kunich

Feb 8, 2021, 12:20:56 PM2/8/21
What do you think now that the conservatives are gaining power down under and are coming for you with pitchforks and knives?

Andre Jute

Feb 8, 2021, 5:37:08 PM2/8/21
On Monday, February 8, 2021 at 1:58:58 PM UTC, funkma...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Gee, skippy, you're supposed to be such a great and well researched oracle of truthiness,
> show us all how you logically and methodically concluded that I'm a sock puppet.

Happy to demonstrate my method in public: I didn't read past the first "skippy" in your semi-literate vomit because that was all it took to conclude that The Thief Peter Howard = News2021 = Flunkmeister = Sockpuppets Galore, just like it says on the tin -- for a dimbo like you, in the headline "The Thief Peter Howard = News2021 = Flunkmeister = Sockpuppets Galore".
.
The full post by The Thief Peter Howard = News2021 = Flunkmeister + Sockpuppets Galore is below for those who want an extra load of his vicious envy of his betters, and his risible delusion that he matters. Not to mention his other laughable delusion, that because he can operate a keyboard, he can be a writer... Jesus, save me from the wannabes!
.
Andre Jute
I'll barbecue you, Skippy. Kangaroo joey, yummy.

News 2021

Feb 8, 2021, 7:03:58 PM2/8/21
On Mon, 08 Feb 2021 09:20:54 -0800, Tom Kunich scribed:
Err, three year old news?

News 2021

Feb 8, 2021, 7:27:36 PM2/8/21
On Mon, 08 Feb 2021 14:37:05 -0800, Andre Jute scribed:

> On Monday, February 8, 2021 at 1:58:58 PM UTC, funkma...@hotmail.com
> wrote:
>> Gee, skippy, you're supposed to be such a great and well researched
>> oracle of truthiness,
>> show us all how you logically and methodically concluded that I'm a
>> sock puppet.
>
> Happy to demonstrate my method in public: I didn't read past the first
> "skippy" in your semi-literate vomit because that was all it took to
> conclude that The Thief Peter Howard = News2021 = Flunkmeister =
> Sockpuppets

Now funky, what you (and others?) may not be aware of is that when little
jutey boy was failing his education in Australia, a popular TV series
was "Skippy, the bush kangaroo". It can be best described by the string
of popular jokes at the time which can be summarised as;
What did Skippy say when <insert some disaster here>,
Punchline; Tsck, Tsck, tsck
This obviously stuck in the small cranial capacity of little jutey.
So when you post 'skippy' he just thinks of that small furry macropod,
who incident was actually a number of wallabies and not a kangaroo.
The scenery in the show is very nice however.

..... snip dribble...

>> > I believe it was the sometime RBT poster Ron Bales who pointed out
>> > that the worst scum on the net create sock puppets to support their
>> > untenable views and their bullying.

Posted by jutey whose "publisher is jutey + sockpuppets. and who has
other suck puppets posting online reviews for what he calls 'books'.

>> > The Thief Peter Howard = News2021 = Flunkmeister is just such scum,
>> > all the same scum, all the time, ever scummier.
>> >
>> > This is a public hygiene message by Andre Jute. I am Andre Jute and I
>> > authorised it in the public interest.
>> well well well, if it isn't tommy's favorite ass-sucking sycophant.
>> What's the matter, skippy? Not been getting enough attention lately?
>> Here's a bit of advice: When you make such claims, you really should be
>> able to back them up. It isn't hard to actually look into message
>> header information and deduce the source, or are you too stupid (like
>> your bitch master kunich) to be able to figure that out?

Neither of them has a clue on that sort of matter.
Actually, the only thing that differentiates the pair is 'effort'.
Little tommy has consistently posted similar crap to RBT from 1997, where
as jutey boy is a copy and paste jobber, so long as it only runs to one
page.Jutey boys internet efforts consist of two web sites that are
identical form work (template from 1000 & 1 web page layouts), of one
page where the links mostly do not work and never go beyond one page.

Andre Jute

Feb 9, 2021, 5:02:22 AM2/9/21
.
If you spent the time you spend on trying to denigrate me on improving your scribblings, Flunkmeister, perhaps you'd amount to something. Eventually: it takes time and hard work aplenty to turn a clump of lowest-common-denominator mud into even a small misshapen glitter of colour in the shadow of a big rock. Of course, you'd also need talent to rise to anything more than a pale mini-simulacrum of me, but those are the breaks. Meanwhile you're telling us more about your envious resentment of your betters than about me.
.
Andre Jute
Don't be bitter, little man. Celebrate the impossible!
.
Here's the foolish little man's entire post, if anyone cares:
.
.

funkma...@hotmail.com

Feb 9, 2021, 7:13:58 AM2/9/21
On Monday, February 8, 2021 at 5:37:08 PM UTC-5, Andre Jute wrote:
> On Monday, February 8, 2021 at 1:58:58 PM UTC, funkma...@hotmail.com wrote:
> > Gee, skippy, you're supposed to be such a great and well researched oracle of truthiness,
> > show us all how you logically and methodically concluded that I'm a sock puppet.
>
> Happy to demonstrate my method in public: I didn't read past the first "skippy" in your semi-literate
> vomit because that was all it took to conclude that The Thief Peter Howard = News2021 = Flunkmeister = Sockpuppets Galore,

Ah, so you jumped to a conclusion with no evidence. I guess that's yet another QED moment for me.

> just like it says on the tin -- for a dimbo like you, in the headline "The Thief Peter Howard = News2021 = Flunkmeister = Sockpuppets Galore".

Jeff just proved how easy it is to check IP server locations - even for a pathetically lazy arrogant dullard such as yourself.

> The full post by The Thief Peter Howard = News2021 = Flunkmeister + Sockpuppets Galore is below for those who want an extra load of his
> vicious envy of his betters, and his risible delusion that he matters.

It isn't me that keeps bragging delusions of self-grandeur, skippy.

> Not to mention his other laughable delusion, that because he can operate a keyboard, he can be a writer... Jesus, save me from the wannabes!

Oh this will be fun! Tell me skippy, where exactly did I _ever_ write that I could be a writer? What I wrote was that you suck at at it, and that any accolades from your work were either plagiarized by you, or ghost-written for you. Your behaviour in this forum proves you have no ability for original research - hint, skippy, your imagination doesn't count as research.
> .
> Andre Jute
> I'll barbecue you, Skippy. Kangaroo joey, yummy.

Sure, like writing "his other laughable delusion, that because he can operate a keyboard, he can be a writer"? Keep dreaming, skippy. It's no wonder your wife took a lover and resigned you to clean up duty, you're completely impotent, physically and intellectually.

funkma...@hotmail.com

Feb 9, 2021, 7:15:24 AM2/9/21
I guess this proves it - Andre has been reduced to a pathetic attention whore.

Frank Krygowski

Feb 9, 2021, 11:16:04 AM2/9/21
On 2/9/2021 7:15 AM, funkma...@hotmail.com wrote:
> I guess this proves it - Andre has been reduced to a pathetic attention whore.

I disagree with "has been reduced". That implies a time when the
condition did not exist.

--
- Frank Krygowski

funkma...@hotmail.com

Feb 9, 2021, 11:48:46 AM2/9/21
+1

Tom Kunich

Feb 9, 2021, 1:41:16 PM2/9/21
The overwhelming courage of distance. I must say that I'm really impressed with you. It just makes me fear your overwhelming knowledge of the universe.

Tom Kunich

Feb 9, 2021, 1:53:57 PM2/9/21
Well, no one cares. Standing in front of me she would shiver in fear. Going through another source I get this: https://www.facebook.com/GrbaFunkMaster/photos/a.267882840441860/364860804077396/ I can't tell you how impressed I am with tattoos. This is a guy attempting to tell us that he is bright enough to know anything at all about the high tech industry. Do you see that he fancies himself an "artist"? That's usually code for queer. Since he is proclaiming himself here to be a technical whizz kid but is referring to Russia one has to wonder why he would even bother to talking about anything here?

Tom Kunich

Feb 9, 2021, 1:55:29 PM2/9/21
So now you're reduced to agreeing with someone that fancies himself a Russian knowledgeable in high tech? An Ar Teest?

Ralph Barone

Feb 9, 2021, 3:41:00 PM2/9/21
+2, although to be fair, I’ve got him killfiled so heavily he’d have to
burst into flames on the 6 o’clock news for me to take any notice of him.

Tom Kunich

Feb 9, 2021, 4:38:46 PM2/9/21
I suppose that is because it is so difficult to simply scroll by any post of his? Are you one of those guys that think that my complaining about the cost of groceries is for me and not the dozens of people standing in the grocery store counting out foodstamps so that they know what to give back. That I'm concerned about the cost of my groceries when I go to the local wineries and buy a couple of cases of wine for me and my wife when these people are living on SPAM and a loaf of bread?

People like you should be so ashamed of yourself that you should be incapable of making any entries on any chat group on the Internet.

Andre Jute

Feb 9, 2021, 5:21:24 PM2/9/21
Ralph Barone has a talent for picking the losing side in any argument. On RAT he chose the Magnequest Mob, and when they ran away, he came here. You're right, if he can't see that I hit only people who hit me first, he's a dimbo of the first water. -- AJ

John B.

Feb 9, 2021, 5:46:32 PM2/9/21
I'm not sure whether "reduced" is the correct term. I had a look at
his site once and there was a picture of one of his bikes. It had a
seat on it that looked like a church pew. As the old fellows used to
say, "that old boy must be two axe handles across the arse".

(note: a felling axe would have a haft about 30 inches long)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Tom Kunich

Feb 9, 2021, 6:01:28 PM2/9/21
I am wondering why there are people on .tech that not only don't know anything about repairing bicycles beyond fixing a flat, when they don't have a bicycle shop close enough to have them do it, but have no interest in it either. I can disagree with Andrew or Beattie and still respect them. I have a harder time with Frank though I believe that he once did all of his work himself. But most of the people here not only don't know anything about bicycle tech but don't want to know.

Jay thought I should buy a set of new disk wheels from the Chinese, though I believe that gravel wheels should not be aero or carbon. So I bought a super cheap set of Bontrager's off of Craigslist and am modifying them to take 15 mm front through axles. Not sure that it is going to work yet but it appears so. I designed a set of wheel spacers off of my Vernier caliper measurements (which I got from my design work in the Respiratory Gas Analyzer lab despite it not being recorded in my old resume - got that Jeff) and I was g0ing o take it down to a local machine shop. It my conversion turned out to be successful I would sell kits to make these cheaply obtainable wheelsets into operational wheels for disk conversions. But then I saw what appeared to be over-the-counter converters. I mailed these people and got the run-around. Too much trouble to measure a $20 part. But I finally found a picture on one set that I was able to scale to size and it seems to have the proper measurements. So I bought a set and they'll be here by the end of the month. If this works I will design a bearing puller for those wheels and give instructions on the conversions. Over the counter bearings and over the counter spacers and the only problem is pulling the old bearings out since they are more than press fit and taking them out without a puller can damage the lands a little. No big deal but a puller won't harm anything. I had to clean up the lands with a some needle files.

Sir Ridesalot

Feb 9, 2021, 6:04:34 PM2/9/21
Some have found this FAQ interesting and relevant to Jute.

Cheers

Sir Ridesalot

Feb 9, 2021, 6:05:39 PM2/9/21

Tom Kunich

Feb 9, 2021, 6:21:40 PM2/9/21
More attempts to make himself seem knowledgeable about things he doesn't know. A felling axe cuts cross grain and has a double bitted head. That haft of a felling axe depends entirely on the type of wood that it is used on with softer woods having shorter hafts and harder wood larger heavier bits and softer, shorter.

No, I never was a lumberjack but my father-in-law was and he had a lot of respect for me since we had both been in the service - he was at Pearl Harbor and I in Vietnam despite John's denial which was followed by his story of being stationed at a South Vietnamese Air Force base that had a SVAF fighter/bomber squadron on it. And his seeing B52 bombing missions from 200 miles away. Now I have no doubt that the sound of a mission could carry all the way from the outskirts of Saigon where the bombing mission actually occurred but there was never a B52 raid in the mountains near that base and there were no USAF planes on that base for more than a month or so before it was turned over to the SVAF. In the B52's we couldn't hear bombs exploding because the engines were shaking the entire aircraft. We could SEE the SAM's exploding around us but they might have well have been on a TV show.

News 2021

Feb 9, 2021, 7:06:15 PM2/9/21
On Tue, 09 Feb 2021 10:53:55 -0800, Tom Kunich scribed:

>> > Neither of them has a clue on that sort of matter.
>> > Actually, the only thing that differentiates the pair is 'effort'.
>> > Little tommy has consistently posted similar crap to RBT from 1997,
>> > where as jutey boy is a copy and paste jobber, so long as it only
>> > runs to one page.Jutey boys internet efforts consist of two web sites
>> > that are identical form work (template from 1000 & 1 web page
>> > layouts), of one page where the links mostly do not work and never go
>> > beyond one page.
>> .
> Well, no one cares. Standing in front of me she would shiver in fear.

soyou admit to baching women?

> Going through another source I get this:
> https://www.facebook.com/GrbaFunkMaster/photos/a.
267882840441860/364860804077396/

Trying to divert MY thread little tommy.
Hint, definitely not me.

> I can't tell you how impressed I am with tattoos.

I've gathered that and deduced all your angst is due to deminse on that
Sf bay chat and hook up site Tribe.net.

> This is a guy
> attempting to tell us that he is bright enough to know anything at all
> about the high tech industry. Do you see that he fancies himself an
> "artist"? That's usually code for queer.

Hmm, how do you know?

News 2021

Feb 9, 2021, 7:08:56 PM2/9/21
On Tue, 09 Feb 2021 10:41:14 -0800, Tom Kunich scribed:
So you should.
I notice you've continually avoided my repeated offer to come over and
educate you.

Frank Krygowski

Feb 9, 2021, 7:57:01 PM2/9/21
On 2/9/2021 6:01 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:

> I am wondering why there are people on .tech that not only don't know anything about repairing bicycles beyond fixing a flat, when they don't have a bicycle shop close enough to have them do it, but have no interest in it either. I can disagree with Andrew or Beattie and still respect them. I have a harder time with Frank though I believe that he once did all of his work himself. But most of the people here not only don't know anything about bicycle tech but don't want to know.

... says the guy who has been endlessly confused by endless mechanical
problems! As usual, Tom, you are greatly overestimating your own - um -
brilliance.

It's fine to not know things and post questions. But Tom, your extended
tales of confusion and woe regarding electronic shifting, bottom
brackets, wheelsets, hubs and more indicate you're way over your head.
You should just get one decent bike working right and ride it.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Frank Krygowski

Feb 9, 2021, 7:59:58 PM2/9/21
On 2/9/2021 6:21 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 2:46:32 PM UTC-8, John B. wrote:
>> On Tue, 9 Feb 2021 11:16:01 -0500, Frank Krygowski
>> <frkr...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>>> I disagree with "has been reduced". That implies a time when the
>>> condition did not exist.
>> I'm not sure whether "reduced" is the correct term. I had a look at
>> his site once and there was a picture of one of his bikes. It had a
>> seat on it that looked like a church pew. As the old fellows used to
>> say, "that old boy must be two axe handles across the arse".
>>
>> (note: a felling axe would have a haft about 30 inches long)
>> --
>> Cheers,
>>
>> John B.
> More attempts to make himself seem knowledgeable about things he doesn't know. A felling axe cuts cross grain and has a double bitted head. That haft of a felling axe depends entirely on the type of wood that it is used on with softer woods having shorter hafts and harder wood larger heavier bits and softer, shorter.
>
> No, I never was a lumberjack but ...

Tom: "... but I just found this thing called Google. I'm going to
pretend to know stuff." ;-)

--
- Frank Krygowski

John B.

Feb 9, 2021, 8:34:30 PM2/9/21
On Tue, 9 Feb 2021 19:59:56 -0500, Frank Krygowski
<frkr...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On 2/9/2021 6:21 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
>> On Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 2:46:32 PM UTC-8, John B. wrote:

>>> I'm not sure whether "reduced" is the correct term. I had a look at
>>> his site once and there was a picture of one of his bikes. It had a
>>> seat on it that looked like a church pew. As the old fellows used to
>>> say, "that old boy must be two axe handles across the arse".
>>>
>>> (note: a felling axe would have a haft about 30 inches long)
>>> --
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> John B.
>> More attempts to make himself seem knowledgeable about things he doesn't know. A felling axe cuts cross grain and has a double bitted head. That haft of a felling axe depends entirely on the type of wood that it is used on with softer woods having shorter hafts and harder wood larger heavier bits and softer, shorter.
>>
>> No, I never was a lumberjack but ...
>
>Tom: "... but I just found this thing called Google. I'm going to
>pretend to know stuff." ;-)

Actually I do know what a "felling Axe " is as back in my youth we cut
trees by hand, in fact we heated the first house I lived in with a
"wood stove" and the second house had a fireplace for which I cut and
split wood for an hour a day - after school - to "earn" a Winchester
single shot .22 rifle. I was 12 years old :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

John B.

Feb 9, 2021, 8:39:52 PM2/9/21
Nice story, particularly about being in Vietnam.... Guam, Vietnam?
--
Cheers,

John B.

News 2021

Feb 9, 2021, 8:48:59 PM2/9/21
On Tue, 09 Feb 2021 15:21:38 -0800, Tom Kunich scribed:

> More attempts to make himself seem knowledgeable about things he doesn't
> know. A felling axe cuts cross grain and has a double bitted head. That
> haft of a felling axe depends entirely on the type of wood that it is
> used on with softer woods having shorter hafts and harder wood larger
> heavier bits and softer, shorter.

Give over little tommy. you're posting bullshit.
An AXE is a GP (general purpose) tool that comes in different weights for
different uses, the major one of which is the axe user.

It is saws and their teething that are the most affected by the type of
wood being cut.

That is why I have three different axes, five hand saws and over a dozen
bow saw blades. for my three bow saws. Also have three block splitters,
which can really be considered a specialised axe and the one type with
two faces; One or splitting and the other from driving wedges.

Andre Jute

Feb 10, 2021, 5:21:58 AM2/10/21
On Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 11:05:39 PM UTC, Sir Ridesalot wrote:

> > Some have found this FAQ interesting and relevant to Jute.
> > https://groups.google.com/g/rec.bicycles.tech/c/ZrHjeXZ53b8
> > Cheers

Rideablot is so dim, he hasn't even noticed that he's promoting another sock puppet of
The Thief Peter Howard = News2021 = Flunkmeister = Sock Puppets Galore = Antiroll

And, even dimmer, Rideablot hasn't noticed that the creepy netstalker
The Thief Peter Howard = News2021 = Flunkmeister = Sock Puppets Galore = Antiroll
is also failed wannabe writer treating us to his worthless opinions on the books of a successful writer he hasn't read.

Meanwhile Rideablot, a blot on all cyclist, is immorally hiding behind a pretense that he doesn't read me, from behind which he feels free to attack me without giving me the slightest opportunity to defend myself, just like Krygowski and several other scumbags do.

You're slime, Rideablot.

Andre Jute
Andre is never more brutal than he has to be -- Nelson Mandela

funkma...@hotmail.com

Feb 10, 2021, 5:30:24 AM2/10/21
I do remember two very telling incidents about tommy: 1) he couldn't figure out why his chain was skipping, until Andrew suggested it sounded like a sticky link that some lube should fix - which worked, and 2) how tommy the computer science genius couldn't understand how his computer was showing the current speed going down, but the average speed going up (data sampling 101).

Andre Jute

Feb 10, 2021, 5:34:23 AM2/10/21
On Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 11:05:39 PM UTC, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
> > Some have found this FAQ interesting and relevant to Jute.
> > https://groups.google.com/g/rec.bicycles.tech/c/ZrHjeXZ53b8

Poor dim Ridealot hasn't noticed that the reference he posted gives us another of the sock puppets of the thief and wannabe writer,
The Thief Peter Howard = News2021 = Flunkmeister = Antiroll = Sockpuppets Galore

Rideablot, whose immorality shames the entire cycling community, further hasn't noticed that "Antiroll" is actually trolling me, rather than the other way round.

Andre Jute
PS Since you're too insensitive to notice, Rideablot, you're slime.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

funkma...@hotmail.com

Feb 10, 2021, 6:25:17 AM2/10/21
On Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 1:53:57 PM UTC-5, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
On Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 1:53:57 PM UTC-5, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
.
> > .
> Well, no one cares.

And yet you devote so much time to it.

> Standing in front of me she would shiver in fear.

I would imagine there have been a great number of times in your life when women shrieked back in horror at the mere sight of you. That's nothing to be proud of, sparky.

> Going through another source I get this

What?!?!, I thought no one cared, least of all you, sparky! Yet here again, you demonstrate your obsession with me.

> : https://www.facebook.com/GrbaFunkMaster/photos/a.267882840441860/364860804077396/ I can't tell you
> how impressed I am with tattoos.

So, wait, am I a woman with a 4 year old in new hampshire, or a tattooed croatian hip hop artist?

> This is a guy attempting to tell us that he is bright enough to know anything at all about the high tech industry.

And yet, you haven't shown me in _any_ instance where I'm wrong about anything, especially VHDL - Still waiting for you to point out on your resume where you worked at berkeley, livermore, NASA, or analog devices.

> Do you see that he fancies himself an "artist"? That's usually code for queer.

lol...scared little tommy's homophobia rearing its stupid head again. How about you take some advice from your cuckold sycophant andre, and just stand in the corner so none of those big bad homos get any ideas about your bunghole (as if anyone but a prison inmate could find anything sexually useful about you (or andre)).

> Since he is proclaiming himself here to be a technical whizz kid but is referring to Russia one has to wonder why he would even bother to talking about anything here?

Where did I mention anything about russia?

funkma...@hotmail.com

Feb 10, 2021, 6:30:44 AM2/10/21
On Wednesday, February 10, 2021 at 5:21:58 AM UTC-5, Andre Jute wrote:

> Rideablot is so dim, he hasn't even noticed that he's promoting another sock puppet of
> The Thief Peter Howard = News2021 = Flunkmeister = Sock Puppets Galore = Antiroll
>
> And, even dimmer, Rideablot hasn't noticed that the creepy netstalker
> The Thief Peter Howard = News2021 = Flunkmeister = Sock Puppets Galore = Antiroll

This is the clearest example of Andre the Cuckolds writing style - unsubstatianed assertions, and redundant at that. Get some new material, skippy, The internet is full of insults you haven't plagiarized yet.

> is also failed wannabe writer treating us to his worthless opinions on the books of a successful writer he hasn't read.

Tell ya what, skippy, when a successful writer starts posting in this forum, we'll let you know.

> Meanwhile Rideablot, a blot on all cyclist, is immorally hiding behind a pretense that he doesn't read me,
> from behind which he feels free to attack me without giving me the slightest opportunity to defend myself,
> just like Krygowski and several other scumbags do.

awwww, is the whiney wittle andway upset 'cause people a picking on him?

> You're slime, Rideablot.
>
> Andre Jute
> Andre is never more brutal than he has to be -- Nelson Mandela

As usual, misquoting. Here's what Mr. Mandela actually said about andre: "Solitary confinement in a south african prison was more satisfying than a 5 minute conversation with jute"

Well, these past few days have been real fun, kids, but my vacation is over so I have to get back to work, something andre and kunich can only dream about. Oh, and BTW andre, thanks again for contributing to my pension plan every time you fill up your car. Too bad I'm not going to reciprocate buy buying any of that worthless drivel that you've deluded yourself into thinking is literature.

Jeff Liebermann

Feb 10, 2021, 3:38:33 PM2/10/21
On Wed, 10 Feb 2021 05:46:26 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
wrote:
That's a bit short for a felling axe. I have several felling and one
splitting axe. All have 36 inch long handles (haft):

<https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/handle-length-vs-head-weight.1354431/#post-15579781>

I'm a light weight and prefer a long handle because it increases the
velocity of the axe. Since energy delivered is 0.5*mass*velocity^2, a
small increase in velocity yields better cutting or splitting
performance than a similar increase in mass (weight). Light, long,
and fast works for me. The down side is that I can cut and split more
accurately with a shorter handle.

--
Jeff Liebermann je...@cruzio.com
Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272

Andre Jute

Feb 10, 2021, 5:33:34 PM2/10/21
On Wednesday, February 10, 2021 at 11:30:44 AM UTC, funkma...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Well, these past few days have been real fun, kids, but my vacation is over so I have to get back to work
.
Run, rabbit, run.
.

John B.

Feb 10, 2021, 6:09:37 PM2/10/21
On Wed, 10 Feb 2021 12:38:26 -0800, Jeff Liebermann <je...@cruzio.com>
wrote:

>On Wed, 10 Feb 2021 05:46:26 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 9 Feb 2021 11:16:01 -0500, Frank Krygowski
>><frkr...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>>>I disagree with "has been reduced". That implies a time when the
>>>condition did not exist.
>>
>>I'm not sure whether "reduced" is the correct term. I had a look at
>>his site once and there was a picture of one of his bikes. It had a
>>seat on it that looked like a church pew. As the old fellows used to
>>say, "that old boy must be two axe handles across the arse".
>>
>>(note: a felling axe would have a haft about 30 inches long)
>
>That's a bit short for a felling axe. I have several felling and one
>splitting axe. All have 36 inch long handles (haft):
>
><https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/handle-length-vs-head-weight.1354431/#post-15579781>
>
>I'm a light weight and prefer a long handle because it increases the
>velocity of the axe. Since energy delivered is 0.5*mass*velocity^2, a
>small increase in velocity yields better cutting or splitting
>performance than a similar increase in mass (weight). Light, long,
>and fast works for me. The down side is that I can cut and split more
>accurately with a shorter handle.

Well yes... but I think that you are ignoring the fact that 'back in
the day' a "logger" worked an 8 hour, or longer, day... swinging an
axe. Up before sunrise for a good breakfast and out in the woods as
soon as it was light enough to see... back home when it was too dark
to see.

I suggest that your "blade forum" posters are not actually working
with an axe but are more on the line of -"log chopping" contestants
who chop through a 20 inch white pine log, in practically no time, and
then (gasping for breath) take their bows and go and sit in the stand.
--
Cheers,

John B.

AMuzi

Feb 10, 2021, 6:15:18 PM2/10/21
While not the same thing it's a skill nonetheless:

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/sean-duffy-ad-i-come-from-a-long-line-of-lumberjacks-video

I am not in his district so I could not vote for him[1] but
I did contribute.

[1] Conservative-only rules; other people other analyses.
--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

News 2021

Feb 10, 2021, 6:20:27 PM2/10/21
On Wed, 10 Feb 2021 14:33:32 -0800, Andre Jute scribed:
Very unoriginal. You've used that one multiple times.
So you haven't fixed your writers block.

News 2021

Feb 10, 2021, 6:30:35 PM2/10/21
On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 06:09:28 +0700, John B. scribed:

> On Wed, 10 Feb 2021 12:38:26 -0800, Jeff Liebermann <je...@cruzio.com>
> wrote:

>>I'm a light weight and prefer a long handle because it increases the
>>velocity of the axe. Since energy delivered is 0.5*mass*velocity^2, a
>>small increase in velocity yields better cutting or splitting
>>performance than a similar increase in mass (weight). Light, long,
>>and fast works for me. The down side is that I can cut and split more
>>accurately with a shorter handle.
>
> Well yes... but I think that you are ignoring the fact that 'back in the
> day' a "logger" worked an 8 hour, or longer, day... swinging an axe. Up
> before sunrise for a good breakfast and out in the woods as soon as it
> was light enough to see... back home when it was too dark to see.

Which means they would have built up the muscles for it and probably
changed their axes if needed. it s the same as shovelling soil/sand/
whatever. If I want to do dig the garden all day, then I use a smaller
spade shovel. If i need to shovel stuff into a wheelbarrow, then I use a
larger long handled shovel as it gets it faster. SWMBOd has a smaller
spade for her potting need.

> I suggest that your "blade forum" posters are not actually working with
> an axe but are more on the line of -"log chopping" contestants who chop
> through a 20 inch white pine log, in practically no time, and then
> (gasping for breath) take their bows and go and sit in the stand.

Exactly. Sme of those guys/gals have even more axes than I've collected.
Some are for training and some are for competition.

I had the same approach when I choose steel for the bicycle trailers I
built. I used cheap pipe and regard the prototype as a heavy training
trailer and purchased quality steel for the finished touring trailer.

John B.

Feb 10, 2021, 6:34:38 PM2/10/21
Well, no reason that a "log chopper" shouldn't get elected, after all
a small time country lawyer with one year's formal education made it
all the way to President :-)

By the way, just a little bit below the "log Chopper" photo was the
announcement "NYT: Georgia Opens Criminal Probe Of Trump Election
Meddling" :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Frank Krygowski

Feb 10, 2021, 6:59:05 PM2/10/21
He said “Our national debt has grown sky high, thanks to the liberals in
D.C...."

Thanks to _whom_???

https://www.thebalance.com/cost-of-trump-tax-cuts-4586645
"Tax cuts under the Trump Administration increased the deficit and debt"

Oh, I see. Duffy's was a pre-2018 rant.

A Democrat's the president now. Time to dust off fiscal responsibility!

--
- Frank Krygowski

Frank Krygowski

Feb 10, 2021, 7:11:53 PM2/10/21
that reminds me about a discussion about horsepower. Some guy asked
"What horse? Horses are different! Whose horse were they talking about?"

But any typical horse can easily output much more than one horsepower,
at least for a short while. (Heck, so can lots of humans, for a very
brief time.)

James Watt was selling steam engines intended to replace draft horses
working more or less all day long. He experimented to measure that level
of power. As I understand, his measured value of One Horse's Power
really is pretty reasonable for long term work that doesn't damage the
horse.

--
- Frank Krygowski

John B.

Feb 10, 2021, 7:16:15 PM2/10/21
Further to the Lumberjack theme, and special to the guy with all the
chainsaws:

Paddy got a job as a lumberjack but try as he might, he couldn't meet
his quota of fifty trees a day. By chance he saw an ad in a shop
window for chainsaws 'guaranteed to fell 60 trees a day'. So he bought
one, but the best he could manage was forty trees a day. So he took it
back to the shop and complained that there must be something wrong
with it.

"Let me look at it", said the man in the shop. So he took the chainsaw
and started it up.

"What's that noise?" said Paddy?
--
Cheers,

John B.

AMuzi

Feb 10, 2021, 7:30:16 PM2/10/21

>>> Well yes... but I think that you are ignoring the fact
>>> that 'back in
>>> the day' a "logger" worked an 8 hour, or longer, day...
>>> swinging an
>>> axe. Up before sunrise for a good breakfast and out in
>>> the woods as
>>> soon as it was light enough to see... back home when it
>>> was too dark
>>> to see.
>>>
>>> I suggest that your "blade forum" posters are not
>>> actually working
>>> with an axe but are more on the line of -"log chopping"
>>> contestants
>>> who chop through a 20 inch white pine log, in practically
>>> no time, and
>>> then (gasping for breath) take their bows and go and sit
>>> in the stand.
>>>

>> While not the same thing it's a skill nonetheless:
>>
>> https://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/sean-duffy-ad-i-come-from-a-long-line-of-lumberjacks-video
>>

>> I am not in his district so I could not vote for him[1]
>> but I did contribute.
>>
>> [1] Conservative-only rules; other people other analyses.
>
> He said “Our national debt has grown sky high, thanks to
> the liberals in D.C...."
>
> Thanks to _whom_???
>
> https://www.thebalance.com/cost-of-trump-tax-cuts-4586645
> "Tax cuts under the Trump Administration increased the
> deficit and debt"
>
> Oh, I see. Duffy's was a pre-2018 rant.
>
> A Democrat's the president now. Time to dust off fiscal
> responsibility!

In that I've been carping since the numbers were
comprehensible (a very long time ago) through all
administrations, loudly, I heartily agree.

Not that anyone gives a damn but one day they will and I
fear that day is coming sooner than some think.

John B.

Feb 10, 2021, 7:39:32 PM2/10/21
On Wed, 10 Feb 2021 19:11:48 -0500, Frank Krygowski
In real life horses aren't all that powerful. Back in the day when
"cowboys" actually rode horses they used two horses a day during
"round up" time and pony express riders changed horses every 10 - 15
miles at an average speed of about 12 MPH. A modern cyclist can do
about 30 miles in one hour.
--
Cheers,

John B.

John B.

Feb 10, 2021, 7:50:20 PM2/10/21
On Wed, 10 Feb 2021 18:59:01 -0500, Frank Krygowski
What is fiscal responsibility in modern terminology?
--
Cheers,

John B.

News 2021

Feb 10, 2021, 8:26:22 PM2/10/21
On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 07:39:25 +0700, John B. scribed:
Chalk and cheese?
What can they maintain? Say over a day.

John B.

Feb 10, 2021, 11:55:32 PM2/10/21
If they "change horses" every 10 - 15 miles then based on the TdeF
average speed, over all stages, probably 600 miles, or more, assuming
a day is 24 hours.
--
Cheers,

John B.

News 2021

Feb 11, 2021, 12:31:28 AM2/11/21
On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 11:55:26 +0700, John B. scribed:
I was talking about bicycle riders.

John B.

Feb 11, 2021, 2:46:12 AM2/11/21
On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 05:31:25 -0000 (UTC), News 2021
Oh, I guess you missed the quotation marks about "change horses"? As
the pony express changed horses, i.e. the power source, every 10, or
so miles, logically you would change the same "power source" if you
were making a comparison with another form of transportation.
--
Cheers,

John B.

funkma...@hotmail.com

Feb 11, 2021, 5:50:34 AM2/11/21
From what, your <sarcasm>"scintillating rapier wit"</sarcasm>? News flash, skippy, your wit is as dead as your writing career, both of which are as dead as Mr. Praline's Norwegian Blue (look it up, skippy, your mother isn't here to do you homework for you). Again, when you die, not only will no one care, no one will notice.

In case anyone was wondering, here's a more extensive quote from Mandela's experience with little andre.

"the visit with jute was several minutes of my life I shall never get back. I have never met a more entitled and pathetic self-pitying man, and I was locked in a damp prison cell with men who were forced into hard labour at a lime quarry on Robbins Island for nearly 18 years. 6 weeks in solitary confinement in a South African prison was more satisfying than a 5 minute conversation with jute. I can't imagine anyone regarding his writing in any esteem. It's such a shame that some people are willing to die for the freedom others, while the andre jutes of the world feel the need resort to petty juvenile insolence because everyone can see that they are useless dullards. The only person in this world I would less rather spend time with is donald trump*, and maybe Tom Kunich, but at least Kunich makes me laugh."

Run? Hardly. More like walking away from a cuckold who seems to enjoy being bitch-slapped. Unlike you, there are people like me in this forum with _real_ responsibilities, goals, and others who depend on them. That's likely why your writing career is (and always was) such a load of useless crap - after decades of impressing only your self with that excuse you peddle for wit, intelligence, and imagination, you've finally reached the self-loathing realization that no one now, ever has, or ever will give a flying fuck that you ever existed.

* trump offered his private jet to mandela to tour the us in 1990, then hit mandela with a $130,000 bill when the tour was over - https://www.thesouthafrican.com/news/donald-trump-and-nelson-mandela-history/

Radey Shouman

Feb 11, 2021, 9:39:04 AM2/11/21
James Watt, at least when he started, was selling steam engines for
pumping out mines. Mine horses were smaller than draft horses,
otherwise they wouldn't fit in the tunnels.

Radey Shouman

Feb 11, 2021, 9:39:57 AM2/11/21
Try doing that with some guy riding on your back, and panniers full of
mail.

AMuzi

Feb 11, 2021, 10:06:57 AM2/11/21
Right and those horses were born and lived in the mines.
Steady but hardly race horses. We appreciate Watt for
having set a quantified useful number for work. Whether one
horse or another produced something more or less than 1HP on
any given day is not relevant to that.

Tom Kunich

Feb 11, 2021, 10:34:03 AM2/11/21
On Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 4:57:01 PM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
> On 2/9/2021 6:01 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> >
> > I am wondering why there are people on .tech that not only don't know anything about repairing bicycles beyond fixing a flat, when they don't have a bicycle shop close enough to have them do it, but have no interest in it either. I can disagree with Andrew or Beattie and still respect them. I have a harder time with Frank though I believe that he once did all of his work himself. But most of the people here not only don't know anything about bicycle tech but don't want to know.
> ... says the guy who has been endlessly confused by endless mechanical
> problems! As usual, Tom, you are greatly overestimating your own - um -
> brilliance.
>
> It's fine to not know things and post questions. But Tom, your extended
> tales of confusion and woe regarding electronic shifting, bottom
> brackets, wheelsets, hubs and more indicate you're way over your head.
> You should just get one decent bike working right and ride it.
>
> --
> - Frank Krygowski
Frank, ,y tails of woe? You're willing to lie about anything because I am willing to tell the truth about some dumb ass college teacher who so closely follows the tenants of "those who can, do, and those who can't, teach". That is a saying not because it is a joke but because it so closely matches reality. I would be surprised if you could find one past student who could even remember your name.

Tom Kunich

Feb 11, 2021, 10:36:01 AM2/11/21
On Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 5:34:30 PM UTC-8, John B. wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Feb 2021 19:59:56 -0500, Frank Krygowski
> <frkr...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> >> More attempts to make himself seem knowledgeable about things he doesn't know. A felling axe cuts cross grain and has a double bitted head. That haft of a felling axe depends entirely on the type of wood that it is used on with softer woods having shorter hafts and harder wood larger heavier bits and softer, shorter.
> >>
> >> No, I never was a lumberjack but ...
> >
> >Tom: "... but I just found this thing called Google. I'm going to
> >pretend to know stuff." ;-)
> Actually I do know what a "felling Axe " is as back in my youth we cut
> trees by hand, in fact we heated the first house I lived in with a
> "wood stove" and the second house had a fireplace for which I cut and
> split wood for an hour a day - after school - to "earn" a Winchester
> single shot .22 rifle. I was 12 years old :-)

If you know what a "felling axe" is why don't you know that a splitting axe is different?

Tom Kunich

Feb 11, 2021, 10:39:25 AM2/11/21
I love the fact that you believe yourself a musician. An Ar-teest. So what instrument do you believe you can play?

Tom Kunich

Feb 11, 2021, 10:43:18 AM2/11/21
So you've decided to show us that not only do you know nothing about bicycles or real engineering, you don't even have a passing clue about economics. Well, at least it's nice to know you're consistently stupid.

News 2021

Feb 11, 2021, 5:18:03 PM2/11/21
On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 07:35:58 -0800, Tom Kunich scribed:

> If you know what a "felling axe" is why don't you know that a splitting
> axe is different?

I you are such and expert, YOU will be able to tell us the difference?

<Now watch little tommy squib and hide.>

News 2021

Feb 11, 2021, 5:25:13 PM2/11/21
On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 07:39:22 -0800, Tom Kunich scribed:

> I love the fact that you believe yourself a musician. An Ar-teest. So
> what instrument do you believe you can play?

Actually, lttle tommy you decided that someone was an musical 'Ar-teest'.
If you can not play a musical interest,then that is another sign that you
do not have lots and lots of IQs.

for myself, I can torture three differnt recorders, eight tin whislte,
three pockles, a set of pan pipes, some Indian flutes, an acoustic
guitar and hourglass dulcimer and a modern keyboard. Yourself?

News 2021

Feb 11, 2021, 5:28:10 PM2/11/21
On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 07:43:16 -0800, Tom Kunich scribed:

> So you've decided to show us that not only do you know nothing about
> bicycles or real engineering, you don't even have a passing clue about
> economics.

Which economics do you know about little tommy?

It would be best to answer least we think the line below applies to you.

News 2021

Feb 11, 2021, 5:35:40 PM2/11/21
On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 07:34:00 -0800, Tom Kunich scribed:

> Frank, ,y tails of woe? You're willing to lie about anything because I
> am willing to tell the truth about some dumb ass college teacher who so
> closely follows the tenants of "those who can, do, and those who can't,
> teach". That is a saying not because it is a joke but because it so
> closely matches reality. I would be surprised if you could find one past
> student who could even remember your name.

little tommy, that may be because you would be similarly presses to find
a fellow worker who thought well of your work and yourself. I notice they
are lackng rom your resume.

i have n doubt that Frank would be remembered positively by may of his
past students. You do not survive as a teacher for long unless you are
good at your job. SWMBO'd is always having her old pupils approach her
and they are always happy to introduce the spouse and kidlets.

Tom Kunich

Feb 11, 2021, 5:42:11 PM2/11/21
If you have to ask that question you don't know the first thing about lumber so your self ordained expertise is showing.

Tom Kunich

Feb 11, 2021, 5:44:43 PM2/11/21
If I knew the value of two American pennies it would be a million tines more than the sum total of your entire education.

AMuzi

Feb 11, 2021, 5:57:11 PM2/11/21
I can almost play the radio.
I'm still working on the AM band...

Andre Jute

Feb 11, 2021, 5:59:23 PM2/11/21
All the same, in conversions to modern measures, it would have made the oft-required mental math easier if James Watt had said something like, "A mine pony's output is three quarters that of a full-size plow horse," and thus not forever associated his name with the inconvenient constant of 750 when he could have made chosen 1000, an easy shift of the decimal point. -- AJ

John B.

Feb 11, 2021, 6:09:46 PM2/11/21
Tommy Boy! You never went to collage, in fact you never finished high
school, so you have no experience whatsoever with "collage
professors".

Or, in other words you are, once again, ranting and raving about
something that you, so obviously, know nothing about.

You know Tommy boy, California has, for years and years, been known as
"the land of fruits and nuts". Tell us Tommy are you a "fruit"? I ask
as you are, so obviously,
a "nut".
--
Cheers,

John B.

Frank Krygowski

Feb 11, 2021, 7:00:38 PM2/11/21
Well, eight tin whistles are nothing to brag about. Most whistle players
know that if you leave two whistles alone in a dark room, you'll soon
have a litter of them. It's happened to me.

Look up WHOA = Whistle Obsessive Acquisition Disorder at the Chiff &
Fipple site.

Here you go:
http://forums.chiffandfipple.com/search.php?keywords=WHOA+whistle+obsessive+acquisition+disorder&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

;-)

--
- Frank Krygowski

Frank Krygowski

Feb 11, 2021, 7:06:38 PM2/11/21
On 2/11/2021 6:09 PM, John B. wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 07:34:00 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
> <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> ... says the guy who has been endlessly confused by endless mechanical
>>> problems! As usual, Tom, you are greatly overestimating your own - um -
>>> brilliance.
>>>
>>> It's fine to not know things and post questions. But Tom, your extended
>>> tales of confusion and woe regarding electronic shifting, bottom
>>> brackets, wheelsets, hubs and more indicate you're way over your head.
>>> You should just get one decent bike working right and ride it.
>>>
>>> --
>>> - Frank Krygowski
>> Frank, ,y tails of woe? You're willing to lie about anything because I am willing to tell the truth about some dumb ass college teacher who so closely follows the tenants of "those who can, do, and those who can't, teach". That is a saying not because it is a joke but because it so closely matches reality. I would be surprised if you could find one past student who could even remember your name.
>
> Tommy Boy! You never went to collage, in fact you never finished high
> school, so you have no experience whatsoever with "collage
> professors".

I could tell of many pleasant encounters with former students - men and
women who made me proud. But I'll limit myself to just one:

My chairman talked to me after he was visited by a student who had been
in one of my classes. The student told the chairman "Krygowski's a great
teacher. He gave me a D, but I still say he's a _great_ teacher."

--
- Frank Krygowski

News 2021

Feb 11, 2021, 7:16:26 PM2/11/21
On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 14:42:09 -0800, Tom Kunich scribed:
As predicted, little tommy is talking out his fundamental.

P.S. I generally do not use axes on lumber. That is what my saws, planes,
chisels, etc are for,

News 2021

Feb 11, 2021, 7:20:04 PM2/11/21
On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 14:44:41 -0800, Tom Kunich scribed:
Once again, little tommy displays his great pile of IQs.

which pennies? It doesn't really matter as my pile of further education
certificates would be higher than them,

News 2021

Feb 11, 2021, 7:30:41 PM2/11/21
On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 14:59:21 -0800, Andre Jute scribed:
Wow, what a great example of the 'depth' and 'accuracy' of your intellect
and identical lack of historical knowledge.

John B.

Feb 11, 2021, 7:44:55 PM2/11/21
Why do you think that I don't know what a splitting axe is, although I
never heard the term used by anyone that actually used an axe. In fact
generally speaking there were only two types of axes, a felling axe
which usually was a double bitted axe with a straight haft and an
"axe" which was simply the generic term and in the nomenclature of the
times was the common term for any non specific axe.

In other words Tommy, you didn't go down to the store and buy a
"splitting axe", you simply asked for an "axe", or perhaps, a "single
bitted axe".

So essentially Tommy, once again you display your vast ignorance of
the subject which you are expounding.
--
Cheers,

John B.

John B.

Feb 11, 2021, 8:12:16 PM2/11/21
Actually, from what I've read Watts used "mill" horses, i.e. horses
hitched yo a large "wheel" and used to power a mill. He again
apparently, calculated that one horse could march around the circle at
144 laps per hour, and could push or pull against the wheel with 180
pounds of force so he calculated that a horse could push 32,572 pounds
one foot in a minute, which he rounded up to an even 33,000 pounds.
https://www.chronofhorse.com/article/james-watt-and-revolution-horsepower
--
Cheers,

John B.

AMuzi

Feb 11, 2021, 8:40:02 PM2/11/21
On 2/11/2021 4:59 PM, Andre Jute wrote:
> On Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 3:06:57 PM UTC, AMuzi wrote:
>> On 2/11/2021 8:39 AM, Radey Shouman wrote:
>>
>>> James Watt, at least when he started, was selling steam engines for
>>> pumping out mines. Mine horses were smaller than draft horses,
>>> otherwise they wouldn't fit in the tunnels.
>>>
>> Right and those horses were born and lived in the mines.
>> Steady but hardly race horses. We appreciate Watt for
>> having set a quantified useful number for work. Whether one
>> horse or another produced something more or less than 1HP on
>> any given day is not relevant to that.

> All the same, in conversions to modern measures, it would have made the oft-required mental math easier if James Watt had said something like, "A mine pony's output is three quarters that of a full-size plow horse," and thus not forever associated his name with the inconvenient constant of 750 when he could have made chosen 1000, an easy shift of the decimal point. -- AJ

In Watt's defense, he didn't sell plowing engines. He sold
mine pump services. Like Howard Hughes who cannily rented
cinema cameras rather than sell them, Watt billed the
service, using his engines and the skill of his operators
(his coined word 'engineers'). One mine pump horse's output
of work was the competition to Bolton & Watt's engines.

AMuzi

Feb 11, 2021, 8:44:04 PM2/11/21
I was the only one in my class of 24 who drove his work to
the final session of Advanced Engines in my MGB. My
instructor gave me a B as well. He said I rushed it and he
was right I hadn't slept in two days.

John B.

Feb 11, 2021, 8:53:07 PM2/11/21
Actually a penny can be rather costly. A 1943 Lincoln Cent Struck on
Bronze Alloy is worth at least $164,500. Last sale: January 2013;
Stack's Bowers Galleries, Americana Auction.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Ralph Barone

Feb 11, 2021, 8:53:37 PM2/11/21
Methinks you’re trying too hard to prove that Tom is ALWAYS wrong.
https://www.gransforsbruk.com/en/butik/products/splitting-axes-en/

John B.

Feb 11, 2021, 8:56:50 PM2/11/21
On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 16:56:56 -0600, AMuzi <a...@yellowjersey.org> wrote:

>On 2/11/2021 4:25 PM, News 2021 wrote:
>> On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 07:39:22 -0800, Tom Kunich scribed:
>>
>>> I love the fact that you believe yourself a musician. An Ar-teest. So
>>> what instrument do you believe you can play?
>>
>> Actually, lttle tommy you decided that someone was an musical 'Ar-teest'.
>> If you can not play a musical interest,then that is another sign that you
>> do not have lots and lots of IQs.
>>
>> for myself, I can torture three differnt recorders, eight tin whislte,
>> three pockles, a set of pan pipes, some Indian flutes, an acoustic
>> guitar and hourglass dulcimer and a modern keyboard. Yourself?
>>

>I can almost play the radio.
>I'm still working on the AM band...

Gee... you must be an old guy as +everybody+ today uses their hand
phone for radio :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

AMuzi

Feb 11, 2021, 9:12:40 PM2/11/21
I don't have one of those but I do have one of these:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfromthepast/amradio.jpg

John B.

Feb 11, 2021, 9:48:54 PM2/11/21
You don't have a "hand phone"? Goodness, I didn't know that life could
exist without a hand phone :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

News 2021

Feb 11, 2021, 9:50:48 PM2/11/21
On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 19:39:45 -0600, AMuzi scribed:
Further to Watts's defense, he had died before the unit of power that AJ
is wabbiting on about. was proposed and defined.

AMuzi

Feb 11, 2021, 10:07:31 PM2/11/21
Never wanted one.
Inherent to the system, someone always knows your location.

John B.

Feb 11, 2021, 10:07:33 PM2/11/21
Yup, "modern folks" have all sort of names for things but, in a
also refers to double bitted axes as "for competition in axe
throwing" which certainly wasn't what they were used for (again) in my
youth. I would also mention that my maternal grandfather was in the
lumber business, from the late 1800's until, at least the 1940's so I
was around the business from time to time, albeit at as a youngster.
and did meet quite a number of people that actually worked with an
axe.
--
Cheers,

John B.

AMuzi

Feb 11, 2021, 10:17:28 PM2/11/21
I've read biographies and contemporary accounts which all
indicate that Watt developed the term 'horsepower'. He did
err in assuming a mine pony made 1/2 the output of a draft
horse, but that's a mere correction to his innovative
concept. The term 'horsepower' proved quite successful in
selling engines to replace mine horses.

John B.

Feb 11, 2021, 10:19:25 PM2/11/21
Yup, and that is a common subject on the "hand phone" sites. But I've
always wondered, "what is someone doing that he/she/it is frightened
that others would know where he/she/it is?"
--
Cheers,

John B.

News 2021

Feb 12, 2021, 12:28:18 AM2/12/21
On Fri, 12 Feb 2021 10:19:18 +0700, John B. scribed:
Aaah, the question asked by sheep.

If I've paid for a phone, I PAID for it and the service. I want it for my
use.

I d not accept that my data can be consumed by shops sending me messages
to buy their crap as I come into range. Did you miss that proposal.

Not having your web search results warped to point to a local store that
pays, google, et-all for priority listing. Haven't noticed that?

Not having your door kicked in by plod because your mobile was recorded
in the vicinity of some crime. You must have missed that in the news.

Not having your door kicked in by plod because your mobile was recorded
in the vicinity of some "person of interest" You must have missed that in
the news.

At your age you would have observed changes in the law as to acceptable
behaviour. some time reciprocity is applied.

There are plenty of other reasons why you do not want the government to
track you.

There are plenty of reasons why you do not want big business to track you.

Then, there is the criminal element. If GovCo has the technology, the big
business has it and just as sure criminal have the tech. Although "social
engineering' still plays a big part in hacking.

John B.

Feb 12, 2021, 2:40:33 AM2/12/21
But what are you doing that you seem reluctant for the government to
"track" you? Or Big business for that matter?

From your address above you have an account with Wombat and Wombat
states that:
We need your name and address to do business.
We don't sell your name and addresses to anyone.
We do keep contact information in databases for correspondence
addressing and marketing purposes.

So you are leaving a trail simply by posting here. Do you really
believe that if the Australian Government wants to know what you have
been sending through Wombat that they can't find out?

Does your Missus have one of those membership cards handed out by the
big department stores. Show your card and get a discount and the
computer logs every purchase you make.

Do you have a credit card, or debt card? Then every time you use it
the location is recorded.

Or for that matter the so called "surveillance cameras" now common in
most cities. Here a surprising number of crimes are solved solely by
the cameras, and there are also "traffic cameras" that will photograph
your number plate when you make an illegal turn, or other illegal act.
You've had that sort of thing in Australia I know. I distinctly
remember being shown traffic cameras" when I was visiting a bloke in
Western Australia some years ago.

And, of course, if you have a cell phone then every time you come in
range of a cell tower your location is known to the telephone system?
And of course to the "State" if they want to look.

The days of being invisible are long past.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Andre Jute

Feb 12, 2021, 6:21:08 AM2/12/21
Ooh, so much vicious envy will guarantee that you get nothing positive done in your life. You should consider that I did nothing to you until you put yourself in my face, indeed, I wouldn't have noticed you, ever, if you hadn't deliberately put yourself in my face in the futile hope of enlarging your profile; you just don't know anything I want to know, and you have zero entertainment value. I run into your sort, envious of me for mysterious reasons even to a motivational specialist of my genius, all the time, and then I run over them, and the next day I need to ask their names. Count the nuggets of your dwindling self-confidence -- your post below adequately demonstrates that you now see yourself entirely by comparison to me -- and preserve them by staying clear of me. My effects are slow but irreversible. Of course, I shall deny having done anything to you, and add that the vicious spite of your certifiable obsession with me did for you. I'm Teflon; the evidence is all over the net that little people like you cannot make anything stick to me; you should have done your research before you fucked with me. That you feel the need to waddle along in my shadow is what makes you little people, just another pointless eater polluting the planet. Stop doing it: it is cringe-making to the rest of us.
.
Andre Jute
Charisma is the ability to enrage the enemies of society unreasonably by merely lounging elegantly.
.
On Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 10:50:34 AM UTC, funkma...@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 10, 2021 at 5:33:34 PM UTC-5, Andre Jute wrote:
> > On Wednesday, February 10, 2021 at 11:30:44 AM UTC, funkma...@hotmail.com wrote:
> > > Well, these past few days have been real fun, kids, but my vacation is over so I have to get back to work
> > .
> > Run, rabbit, run.
> > .
> From what, your <sarcasm>"scintillating rapier wit"</sarcasm>? News flash, skippy, your wit is as dead as your writing career, both of which are as dead as Mr. Praline's Norwegian Blue (look it up, skippy, your mother isn't here to do you homework for you). Again, when you die, not only will no one care, no one will notice.
>
> In case anyone was wondering, here's a more extensive quote from Mandela's experience with little andre.
>
> "the visit with jute was several minutes of my life I shall never get back. I have never met a more entitled and pathetic self-pitying man, and I was locked in a damp prison cell with men who were forced into hard labour at a lime quarry on Robbins Island for nearly 18 years. 6 weeks in solitary confinement in a South African prison was more satisfying than a 5 minute conversation with jute. I can't imagine anyone regarding his writing in any esteem. It's such a shame that some people are willing to die for the freedom others, while the andre jutes of the world feel the need resort to petty juvenile insolence because everyone can see that they are useless dullards. The only person in this world I would less rather spend time with is donald trump*, and maybe Tom Kunich, but at least Kunich makes me laugh."
>
> Run? Hardly. More like walking away from a cuckold who seems to enjoy being bitch-slapped. Unlike you, there are people like me in this forum with _real_ responsibilities, goals, and others who depend on them. That's likely why your writing career is (and always was) such a load of useless crap - after decades of impressing only your self with that excuse you peddle for wit, intelligence, and imagination, you've finally reached the self-loathing realization that no one now, ever has, or ever will give a flying fuck that you ever existed.
>
> * trump offered his private jet to mandela to tour the us in 1990, then hit mandela with a $130,000 bill when the tour was over - https://www.thesouthafrican.com/news/donald-trump-and-nelson-mandela-history/

News 2021

Feb 12, 2021, 6:50:47 AM2/12/21
On Fri, 12 Feb 2021 14:40:24 +0700, John B. scribed:

> But what are you doing that you seem reluctant for the government to
> "track" you? Or Big business for that matter?
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

> And, of course, if you have a cell phone then every time you come in
> range of a cell tower your location is known to the telephone system?
> And of course to the "State" if they want to look.
>
> The days of being invisible are long past.

Short reply John, I do not have any of what you say.

Andre Jute

Feb 12, 2021, 7:21:33 AM2/12/21
Thanks for the etymology, Andrew. You can come again. -- AJ

AMuzi

Feb 12, 2021, 8:50:37 AM2/12/21
So your argument is 'if you have nothing to hide we don't
need the 4th Amendment' ??

funkma...@hotmail.com

Feb 12, 2021, 8:56:36 AM2/12/21
On Friday, February 12, 2021 at 6:21:08 AM UTC-5, Andre Jute wrote:
> Ooh, so much vicious envy will guarantee that you get
> nothing positive done in your life.

The only thing you have over Mr Pralines parrot is that you're still alive. I can guarantee Your Vacuousness that my work has had infinitely more of a positive effect on the welfare of others and society at large than yours could ever even hope to imagine.

> You should consider that I did nothing to you until
> you put yourself in my face, indeed, I wouldn't have
> noticed you, ever, if you hadn't deliberately put
> yourself in my face in the futile hope of enlarging
> your profile;

If you didn't want people to respond to you, perhaps you shouldn't have made a career out of being a bloviating bag of shit.

> you just don't know anything I want to know, and you have zero entertainment value.

Pot, meet Kettle; Kettle, Pot.

> I run into your sort, envious of me for mysterious reasons

Not surprising you would mistake loathing for envy, it's the only attention you ever get, just like when your mother used to tell you "they're just jealous skippy" in prep school.

> even to a motivational specialist of my genius, all the time,
> and then I run over them, and the next day I need to ask their names.

Dementia, backed by arrogance. Not a good sign, skippy.

> Count the nuggets of your dwindling self-confidence

I'll let you attempt that, since you seem to be under the delusion it's happening at all.

> -- your post below adequately demonstrates that
> you now see yourself entirely by comparison to me --

More delusions of grandeur. Seek help for that, skippy. As stated repeated, your very existence on this planet is wholly inconsequential to anyone.

> and preserve them by staying clear of me.

lol....this is like the scene at the end of Animal House where Boon is being dragged off by four cops yelling "let me go or I'm going to get really mad!" You are not now, nor have ever been a threat to anyone's esteem besides your own. You're weak, pathetic, and useless.

> My effects
> are slow but irreversible.

Finally, some Socratic introspection.

> Of course, I shall deny having done anything to you, and add
> that the vicious spite of your certifiable obsession with me did for you.

Um, remember who started this thread, skippy? It wasn't me. In fact, I was completely ignoring you until you demonstrated your vast ignorance by claiming without evidence that I'm a sock puppet.

> I'm Teflon; the evidence is all over the net that little
> people like you cannot make anything stick to me;

The fact that you create entire threads devoted to me belies that specious claim. You have no presence all over the net, you exist only here, because we can't kick you out. Your life really is that pathetic and empty, such that your only hope for any human interaction at all is being a complete asshole to people who can do little else beside killfile you - and that seems to be a rather extensive list of people.

> you should have done your research before you fucked with me.

1) you aren't worthy of 'research'
2) you bloviate enough about yourself here that research isn't necessary.
3) fucking with you is as challenging as breaking an egg. All it takes is the slightest slight to shatter your fragile pathetic ego, as the fact that you created this thread clearly demonstrates.

> That you feel the need to waddle along in my shadow

That shadow you see is the dark cloud of failure that follows you everywhere you go. It's easy to avoid: just consider what you do, and don't do that.

> what makes you little people, just another pointless
> eater polluting the planet.

Someday you might wake up to the fact that your entire value on this planet is sadly attached to your participation in this forum, and the overwhelming response to you here is antipathy and repugnance, hence that value is worth even less than your last attempt a "novel". To put a further point on it, Mr. Pralines Parrot will have a further lasting effect of contributing to the net value of human culture by orders of magnitude over you, and it never uttered a word.

> Stop doing it: it is
> cringe-making to the rest of us.

You don't now, nor have you ever, nor will you ever, get to tell anyone what to do.

funkma...@hotmail.com

Feb 12, 2021, 8:58:02 AM2/12/21
You must be so proud, Andrew..andre is allowing you to participate in this forum.

jbeattie

Feb 12, 2021, 10:24:36 AM2/12/21
On Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 2:42:11 PM UTC-8, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 2:18:03 PM UTC-8, News 2021 wrote:
> > On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 07:35:58 -0800, Tom Kunich scribed:
> > > If you know what a "felling axe" is why don't you know that a splitting
> > > axe is different?
> > I you are such and expert, YOU will be able to tell us the difference?
> >
> > <Now watch little tommy squib and hide.>
> If you have to ask that question you don't know the first thing about lumber so your self ordained expertise is showing.

"First thing about timber" -- not lumber. Lumber is milled. Timber is felled, and no commercial logger has used a felling ax in the woods in about a zillion years. This is what felling looks like now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR-VTcN5Mes&ab_channel=Tigercat Spindly farmed fir mowed down by machine.

-- Jay Beattie.

It is loading more messages.