It's back!

Frank Krygowski

May 31, 2023, 11:41:24 AM5/31/23
So many bikes look like carbon copies. Not this one.

https://www.bikeradar.com/news/2023-raleigh-chopper/

I noticed this after talking with good friends the other day. They had
attended a "keg ride" in Pittsburgh. That's a big bicycle parade and
charity event. See

https://www.pghcitypaper.com/food-drink/bikes-and-beer-pedal-pale-ale-keg-ride-returns-after-two-year-hiatus-21556573

Anyway, the friends said there were some adults there riding kids' 20"
BMX bikes. They asked me if that was some new trend in bicycling.

And perhaps it is! The terminally trendy may want to ditch their Campy
12 speeds and get a Chopper, to stay in fashion.

--
- Frank Krygowski

funkma...@hotmail.com

May 31, 2023, 3:59:16 PM5/31/23
I was always tempted to get a chopper/low-rider bike, just to say I had one.

Roger Meriman

May 31, 2023, 7:23:21 PM5/31/23
Can’t say choppers ever interested me, some kids at school had some but
can’t imagine it would of coped with the area around my folks place.

Roger Merriman

Catrike Rider

May 31, 2023, 7:26:09 PM5/31/23
On Wed, 31 May 2023 23:23:18 GMT, Roger Meriman <ro...@sarlet.com>
wrote:
.
Both my kids had similar bikes.

funkma...@hotmail.com

Jun 1, 2023, 7:39:22 AM6/1/23

Roger Meriman

Jun 1, 2023, 3:04:27 PM6/1/23
Used to see one parked up locally, looked fun!

Probably not practical though probably could be used, I see folks commuting
on BMX bikes occasionally, is even a penny farthing…

Roger Merriman

Jeff Liebermann

Jun 2, 2023, 9:38:49 AM6/2/23
On Wed, 31 May 2023 11:41:18 -0400, Frank Krygowski
<frkr...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>So many bikes look like carbon copies. Not this one.
>https://www.bikeradar.com/news/2023-raleigh-chopper/

I think that such chopper bicycles are made to be shown or exhibited,
not ridden. The geometry did look interesting, until I tried to ride
one. More chopper creativity:
<https://www.google.com/search?q=long+chopper+bicycle&tbm=isch>

--
Jeff Liebermann je...@cruzio.com