BB question

Mark Cleary

Aug 5, 2022, 3:05:09 PM8/5/22
Looking at the bike that has this as the Bottom Bracket on itFSA BB-PF6000/CZ Road BB-PF30 Nylon cupPressFit on the build.

This tells me the frame is a PF-30 and much better than a BB-30 right? Then I was thinking that the Wheels Manufacturing BB 386 EVO this one is much better.
https://wheelsmfg.com/bottom-brackets/bb386evo/386evo-angular-contact-bb-for-24mm-shimano-cranks-black.html

It threads together and to me would be much better in quality and use, what do you all think? Finally they list another BB on the Wheels sight this one.
https://wheelsmfg.com/bottom-brackets/bb386evo/386evo-abec-3-bb-for-24mm-shimano-cranks-black.html
What is the difference between the two BB from Wheels? One has angular contact bearings but how does that change things.
Deacon mark

Tom Kunich

Aug 5, 2022, 6:35:46 PM8/5/22
BB30 cranksets seem to be rather common on the used market. Screw together BB's like that one are going to squeak. Think about it - ALL sealed bearings are press fit whether it is in the frame or in the BB housing. BB30 has a somewhat narrower stance allowing you to push more power with the center part of your knee. The wider 386 has the problem of putting more pressure on the inside of your knee. This may not trouble you or it may.