Whoda thought?

Tom Kunich

Aug 7, 2022, 12:36:51 PM8/7/22
Ever watched TV news or a talk show and been concerned with how much the country has changed? A recent poll conducted by a national polling firm, "YouGov” questioned typical people on the street. The averaged answers are listed below.

What percentage of the country is black? Answers 41%... Actual 12%.
If you watch commercials, you will think it is 90%.

What percentage of marriages are mixed race? Answer 50%...Actual 1%.
If you watch commercials, you will think it is 90%.

What percentage is "Latino"? Answers 39%... Actual numbers 17%.

How many families make over $500,000 a year? Answers 26%... Actual figure 1%.
We think a quarter of the country is rich.

What percent of Americans are vegetarians? Response? 30%… Actual 5%.

What percent of Americans live in NY city? Answers? 30%... Actual 3%.

What percentage of Americans are 'transgender? 22%... Actual number 1%

What percentage of your fellow citizens are Gay? Result? 30%... Actual 3%.

So why do people have such inaccurate thoughts on these counts? THE MEDIA! The media run race, gender, and wealth stories constantly. Result? We are being brainwashed by the media. Hitler’s propaganda minister Joseph Goebbels would be proud if he had half this success.

Disney just went full-on "gender" They will no longer welcome guests with the traditional "Welcome ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls" Why? Because 1% of the population dictates to the other 99% (that would be the vast majority) and corporate America falls for it.

Regardless of what you think, less than 20% of Americans use "Twitter" yet Twitter controls 80% of public opinion. Why? The media.

Next time you are thinking Americans have changed and not in a good way, remember, it's fake. Most people think just like you do, but the media has brainwashed Americans with their constantly misleading WOKE broadcasts.

Why am I posting these totally off subject statistics? Because this is EXACTLY what occurred in the 1930's as the Hitler Brownshirts and the Mussolini black shirts tool this precisely identical path that convinced a large part of the world that Nationalism was exactly the way to go.

Now I'm sure the Stupid Six who do not have the brains to understand what I'm saying will tell us all that it was Donald Trump who was doing this and not both Biden his some 8,000 strong inner government and the Slime Stream Media. When you time after time prove that you're stupid, you will argue forever that black is white and the other way around.

Our German members who are generally taught that national pride is a bad thing will understand what I am saying as will most other Europeans that were taught history. History is no longer taught in American schools so American children do not know what is being done to them.

Frank Krygowski

Aug 7, 2022, 1:28:51 PM8/7/22
What percentage of Tom's discussion on rec.bicycles.tech is about
bicycles? Answer: Maybe 10%? Actual: Even less.

"I will ... only address bicycle related postings." Tom Kunich, 2/23/22

--
- Frank Krygowski

Roger Merriman

Aug 7, 2022, 3:29:01 PM8/7/22
Yet you’ve replied, if folks don’t like his political etc posts don’t reply
it’s remarkably easy to do!

Roger Merriman

Tom Kunich

Aug 7, 2022, 4:38:30 PM8/7/22
On this page I started 10 conversations and 5 of them were directly about bicycles and another 2 were about why you shouldn't be afraid to go out and ride your bike.
One was about why the people that do not actually start any conversations themselves destroy the conversations on bicycles by others and another one suggesting we stop pandering these stupid six.

I see that Scharf wrote about something in one posting and that Frank complained about breaking a pedal. I don't know what that was about but I've never broken or bent a pedal in my life.

At the moment it appears that Deacon Mark and myself are the mainstays of the discussion and that our European members supply most of the intelligent conversation and Andrew the technical nature of the group. So why do you suppose that Frank is crying when he contributes nothing but noise? I wonder if his students wondered the same thing?

Frank Krygowski

Aug 7, 2022, 5:30:09 PM8/7/22
As they say around here: Back atcha', Roger! If you don't like my
(relatively rare) responses to Tom, don't respond! ;-)

--
- Frank Krygowski

John B.

Aug 7, 2022, 7:22:15 PM8/7/22
about bicycles" says Tommy.

An interesting statement as I just downloaded "to day's" posts and
Tommy made 6 posts and none were about bicycles.

So tell us Tommy. Are you lying again?
Or is it because you can't count?
--
Cheers,

John B.

ritzann...@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2022, 9:41:53 PM8/7/22
On Sunday, August 7, 2022 at 11:36:51 AM UTC-5, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> Ever watched TV news or a talk show and been concerned with how much the country has changed? A recent poll conducted by a national polling firm, "YouGov” questioned typical people on the street. The averaged answers are listed below.
>

> What percentage of the country is black? Answers 41%... Actual 12%.
> If you watch commercials, you will think it is 90%.

Commercials? Why would I look to commercials to tell me information? Other than about the product they are selling. Commercials do try to appeal to the largest population possible. So they try to make them mainstream. Broad based. I probably see black people in 10-15-20% of commercials. About what the overall population is. Probably Hispanic people are under represented in commercials.

> What percentage of marriages are mixed race? Answer 50%...Actual 1%.
> If you watch commercials, you will think it is 90%.

I have seen mixed race couples with kids in a few commercials. I know its done with inclusivity in mind. But I wonder if it hurts or helps with selling the product. Or is completely immaterial.

> What percentage is "Latino"? Answers 39%... Actual numbers 17%.

Hard to say what the Hispanic population is. The census classifies Hispanic into the White and/or Multi race categories. 2020 Census says 61.6% White, Pacific Island 0.2%, Asian 6%, American Indian 1.1%, Black 12.4%. That is a total of 81.3%. So is the rest made up of Hispanic at 18.7%? Maybe.

https://www.census.gov/library/stories/2021/08/improved-race-ethnicity-measures-reveal-united-states-population-much-more-multiracial.html

> How many families make over $500,000 a year? Answers 26%... Actual figure 1%.
> We think a quarter of the country is rich.

A Google search says less than 0.5% of people make more than $500k per year. I trust Google far more than your numbers Tommy.

> What percent of Americans are vegetarians? Response? 30%… Actual 5%.

I could care less whether people are vegetarian or not. Why do you care so much?

> What percent of Americans live in NY city? Answers? 30%... Actual 3%.

Google search says 8.38 million in NYC in 2020. US Census was 331.45 million in 2020. 2.53%.

> What percentage of Americans are 'transgender? 22%... Actual number 1%
>
> What percentage of your fellow citizens are Gay? Result? 30%... Actual 3%.

If only 1% and 3% are these other people, as you state, why are the Republican states going out of their way to pass laws against them? If their numbers are so small, why even bother with them? They don't cause any harm, or benefit. They are just lost in the noise. So why put so much attention to writing laws directed at them? Why not worry about the regular folks? Get them all jobs and money and houses first. Then when you accomplish those more important goals, then you can persecute the trans and gays. Seems logical to me.

> So why do people have such inaccurate thoughts on these counts? THE MEDIA! The media run race, gender, and wealth stories constantly. Result? We are being brainwashed by the media. Hitler’s propaganda minister Joseph Goebbels would be proud if he had half this success.
>
> Disney just went full-on "gender" They will no longer welcome guests with the traditional "Welcome ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls" Why? Because 1% of the population dictates to the other 99% (that would be the vast majority) and corporate America falls for it.
>
> Regardless of what you think, less than 20% of Americans use "Twitter" yet Twitter controls 80% of public opinion. Why? The media.

But why was your icon, the Donald, so mad and upset when Twitter banned him? If Twitter means so little, as you state, why did your master become enraged when Twitter kicked him off. He even tried to setup his own social media platform. I think he made a big joke and called it Truth or something like that. Why was Donnie the fat guy so mad at Twitter if you think it is so miniscule? Why Tommy why?

> Next time you are thinking Americans have changed and not in a good way, remember, it's fake. Most people think just like you do, but the media has brainwashed Americans with their constantly misleading WOKE broadcasts.
>
> Why am I posting these totally off subject statistics?

Yes Tommy, why are you posting these mostly made up fake numbers? Why Tommy why? Did you run out of broken bike stories to regale us with? Didn't your newest Basso or Colnago or Tommasini bike get delivered today? Did your Chinese wheels not get delivered by Alibaba? Tell us Tommy. We all want to know about your Chinese bikes.

> Because this is EXACTLY what occurred in the 1930's as the Hitler Brownshirts and the Mussolini black shirts tool this precisely identical path that convinced a large part of the world that Nationalism was exactly the way to go.

Ohhhhh. You mean like your girlfriend Marjorie?
https://www.salon.com/2022/07/29/marjorie-taylor-greenes-backing-of-christian-nationalism-goes-beyond-threatening_partner/
Tommy, maybe I missed it. But I don't recall you posting anything about how awful you think her idea of a Christian Nationalist movement is. Have you posted that yet? Apparently you just stated you think Hitler and Mussolini's Nationalism was bad. Do you now think its good if Marjorie and the Republicans do it?

> Now I'm sure the Stupid Six who do not have the brains to understand what I'm saying will tell us all that it was Donald Trump who was doing this and not both Biden his some 8,000 strong inner government and the Slime Stream Media. When you time after time prove that you're stupid, you will argue forever that black is white and the other way around.
>
> Our German members who are generally taught that national pride is a bad thing will understand what I am saying as will most other Europeans that were taught history. History is no longer taught in American schools so American children do not know what is being done to them.

I think that is because Texas and other Republican states passed laws forbidding the teaching of history. Slavery did not happen. Nope. In Texas they call it involuntary relocation.

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/06/30/texas-slavery-involuntary-relocation/

Radey Shouman

Aug 7, 2022, 9:47:07 PM8/7/22
+1 ones actual preferences are revealed by how one actually responds.

Radey Shouman

Aug 7, 2022, 9:48:06 PM8/7/22
Relative to what, exactly?

John B.

Aug 7, 2022, 10:05:36 PM8/7/22
"Christian Nationalism"?

I had to look that up :-) But it seems to be what existed in Colonial
America in the Early Days.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Tom Kunich

Aug 8, 2022, 11:12:39 AM8/8/22
I think that it says a very large amount about Frank's judgement and ability to actually look on these groups that he believes his comments to be rare.

Andre Jute

Aug 8, 2022, 12:42:33 PM8/8/22
And the idiot Eaton or Seaton or WETF his name is has just proved it again. Nice troll, Tom! — AJ

Tom Kunich

Aug 8, 2022, 2:12:46 PM8/8/22
Time after time that guy shows that his IQ is, shall we say, sub par on everything he writes. Why would a thinking individual even want to argue about those things? Russell is a nut case that is afraid he is going to be committed and once you're in one of those places you never get out. In his case it would be in a cage.

ritzann...@gmail.com

Aug 8, 2022, 7:29:50 PM8/8/22
Nope. I have a few fears. But being committed isn't one of them. In comparison to others who are walking the streets, I'm safe. Have you seen what your girlfriends Marjorie and Lauren said? They are not committed yet. And you got Matt down in Florida raping underage girls. Not committed yet. And then we have Andy's senator Ron up in Wisconsin. He said the January 6 visitors were law abiding tourists. No commitment yet for him either. I'm pretty safe on the commitment front.