"quieter smoother faster" says producer

AMuzi

Jul 22, 2021, 4:50:01 PM7/22/21

James

Jul 22, 2021, 7:18:35 PM7/22/21
On 23/7/21 6:49 am, AMuzi wrote:
> https://bikerumor.com/2021/07/19/absolute-black-hollow-cage-reimagines-wild-low-friction-rear-derailleur-pulleys/

I have been so troubled by my high friction noisy derailleur! I must
have one of these new fangled low friction quiet derailleurs. It looks
very pretty too.

(sarcasm)

--
JS

Mark cleary

Jul 22, 2021, 7:44:11 PM7/22/21
Andrew was is your take on these puppies. They seem cool in the marketing but if I get the message they are $700 us dollars. If that is correct they will never be a part of my bike. However for a decent price one might consider but am I reading the price right, and if fact you think they can deliver?
Deacon mark

AMuzi

Jul 22, 2021, 9:06:15 PM7/22/21
Among rear changers I ride, none, even my 1963 all steel
Svelto, has ever given cause to worry over roller resistance.

Maybe some people don't have enough actual real trouble in
their lives.

John B.

Jul 22, 2021, 9:47:45 PM7/22/21
On Fri, 23 Jul 2021 09:18:29 +1000, James <james.e...@gmail.com>
wrote:
It is probably cheaper (if you can access Amazon) to get some ear
plugs... about $0.11/an item (:-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

James

Jul 22, 2021, 9:56:50 PM7/22/21
If noise was actually a problem. It's not. I enjoy a Chorus of Campagnolo.

--
JS

jbeattie

Jul 22, 2021, 9:57:16 PM7/22/21
I could have been a contender with those pulleys. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efHzGxEzDQA&ab_channel=suprslth I remember the tail-end of my masters [of the universe] racing career and throwing money at useless secret weapons (e.g. resurrecting my sew-up wheels and buying light tires). At least I wasn't throwing that much money at useless secret weapons. Ay Chihuahua. 700 smackers. I'd get Gruber assist.

-- Jay Beattie.

Frank Krygowski

Jul 23, 2021, 12:40:14 PM7/23/21
Hey! In bicycling, there's no such thing as "negligible!" Every decibel
counts!

I hope they have a version for my 1970s SunTour derailleur!

--
- Frank Krygowski

Ralph Barone

Jul 23, 2021, 3:52:07 PM7/23/21
You may need to replace selected components within a 6’ radius of the rear
derailleur, but I’m sure it can be made to work :-)