Baggage on a Brompton

Peter Howard

Aug 4, 2015, 12:48:32 AM8/4/15
Interested persons can read all about an idea for carrying full size
panniers on a folder.
http://sladepointbike.blogspot.com.au/
Uninterested persons can of course stay here and follow the exciting
adventures of the disintegrating bottle holder.
PH

James

Aug 4, 2015, 1:43:09 AM8/4/15
The bottle holder only fails "in-flight". Not sure if that means the
bottle holder is fleeing, or on an aeroplane, or what?

No, Bromptons don't interest me either.

--
JS

avag...@gmail.com

Aug 4, 2015, 2:50:06 AM8/4/15
Sailboat folding bike riders I spoke with were in a very good mood, bike facilitating an escape into space and a trio to the food store.

A search of Google images for: folding bike cargo...

Andre Jute

Aug 4, 2015, 4:50:26 AM8/4/15
"Lifestyle" accessories for the poncier classes. Real people have lives; ponces have lifestyles -- and Bromptons.

Andre Jute

avag...@gmail.com

Aug 4, 2015, 7:34:04 AM8/4/15
urban dictionary sez poncer is: Faire chier

GooTrans sez Faire chier is: piss

Andre Jute

Aug 4, 2015, 9:09:39 AM8/4/15
On Tuesday, August 4, 2015 at 12:34:04 PM UTC+1, avag...@gmail.com wrote:
> urban dictionary sez poncer is: Faire chier
>
> GooTrans sez Faire chier is: piss

Google makes you even you look more stupid than you are, Daniels, which takes some doing.

Try the OED instead, which, since I'm too busy to look it up, I'll paraphrase for you, not as weird as it may sound to you because the Oxford depends for its definitions on how people like me write and speak:

Ponce, n: derogatory noun for an effeminate male: Peter Howard of Slade Point is such a ponce, nobody'd even believe he has congress with the ewe he keeps staked out back.
Ponce [about, around], v: Transitive verb (to ponce) for behaving in an affected and ineffectual manner: Peter Howard ponces around on the net as a flame warrior but the poor little man is nothing more than a wannabe.
Poncier: adjectival comparative: Poor Little Howie is poncier than a fifth wheel on a wagon, more useless than tits on a bull.
Ponce up: unnecessary elaboration or change to something already functional: That idiot Peter Howard came here looking to be stroked by us for poncing up his twee little folder well beyond its designer's intention or engineering sanity.

I also once in a hurricane put the City of Germiston, my yacht, in to Ponce, a dingy little port in Puerto Rico, as in "any ponce in a storm", to which the appropriate chorus when around Little Howie is, "all cats are dark in the night".

Andre Jute
Making the language dance

Andre Jute

Aug 4, 2015, 9:15:01 AM8/4/15
On Tuesday, August 4, 2015 at 5:48:32 AM UTC+1, Peter Howard wrote:
> Interested persons

What's this? Bureaucratese 101. Yo, dumbo, one person, two or more people.

> Uninterested persons
>
> PH

And again, just so we can be certain it is an illiteracy, not a deliberate joke. Not that anyone could suspect you of a sense of humour, anyhow.

And proudly signed by an illiterate who tells us he is "interested in writing". First get "interestred" in being educated, sonny.

Andre Jute

AMuzi

Aug 4, 2015, 9:30:08 AM8/4/15
Further elucidation for those interestred in writing:

http://www.miamiherald.com/living/liv-columns-blogs/dave-barry/article1936919.html

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

Frank Krygowski

Aug 4, 2015, 11:45:05 AM8/4/15
On 8/4/2015 9:29 AM, AMuzi wrote:
> On 8/4/2015 8:14 AM, Andre Jute wrote:
>> On Tuesday, August 4, 2015 at 5:48:32 AM UTC+1, Peter Howard wrote:
>>> Interested persons
>>
>> What's this? Bureaucratese 101. Yo, dumbo, one person, two or more
>> people.
>>
>>> Uninterested persons
>>>
>>> PH
>>
>> And again, just so we can be certain it is an illiteracy, not a
>> deliberate joke. Not that anyone could suspect you of a sense of
>> humour, anyhow.
>>
>> And proudly signed by an illiterate who tells us he is "interested in
>> writing". First get "interestred" in being educated, sonny.
>>
>> Andre Jute
>>

> Further elucidation for those interestred in writing:
>
> http://www.miamiherald.com/living/liv-columns-blogs/dave-barry/article1936919.html

Much better!

--
- Frank Krygowski

Peter Howard

Aug 4, 2015, 11:48:20 AM8/4/15
On 4/08/2015 11:29 PM, AMuzi wrote:
> On 8/4/2015 8:14 AM, Andre Jute wrote:
>> On Tuesday, August 4, 2015 at 5:48:32 AM UTC+1, Peter Howard wrote:
>>> Interested persons
>>
>> What's this? Bureaucratese 101. Yo, dumbo, one person, two or more
>> people.
>>
>>> Uninterested persons
>>>
>>> PH
>>
>> And again, just so we can be certain it is an illiteracy, not a
>> deliberate joke. Not that anyone could suspect you of a sense of
>> humour, anyhow.
>>
>> And proudly signed by an illiterate who tells us he is "interested in
>> writing". First get "interestred" in being educated, sonny.
>>
>> Andre Jute
>>

> Further elucidation for those interestred in writing:
>
> http://www.miamiherald.com/living/liv-columns-blogs/dave-barry/article1936919.html

Jutey, you do understand don't you that I only ever see your yipping
when someone else quotes you?
PH

Andre Jute

Aug 4, 2015, 12:24:31 PM8/4/15
That's pretty heavy, clumping, dull humor, Andrew. It's almost as funny as Little Howey in his most vicious wannabe-bully mode. Try Linklater or Coren or Cleese instead.

I'm not surprised that someone known as a, or even the, "Language Person" is duller than the proverbial dirty dishwater.

Andre Jute
Swimming in the language

Andre Jute

Aug 4, 2015, 12:33:37 PM8/4/15
Precisely, Little Howey. It must burn a illiterate wannabe netbully like you that I'm so consistently quotable.

Andre Jute
Tags: Peter Howard, Australian netstalker, Slade Point, net bully, wannabe writer, illiterate, scum

Andre Jute

Aug 4, 2015, 12:37:55 PM8/4/15
Good golly. Listen to the RBT dullard, Frank Krygowski, applauding another dullard. Plodders bonded stronger than superglue by mutual dullness!

Andre Jute
And they torture defenseless little folding bikes...
Plodders bonded stronger than superglue by mutual dullness

AMuzi

Aug 4, 2015, 1:49:50 PM8/4/15
The series was from 'Mister Language Person', Dave Barry.

avag...@gmail.com

Aug 4, 2015, 5:47:57 PM8/4/15
ah yes D. Barry...humorist. super. OUAT Barry would slide into view once a week or more alas gone....

ponce transpires as PISS or CUNT..

now why Urban Dic could not come across with it subbing ponce French insteado ?

your apprehension is as good as..

Ponce off course refers to estimado de Leon who died from it...

avag...@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2015, 8:14:05 PM8/5/15
Plodders bonded stronger than superglue by mutual dullness....

Car and Drivel has an online celebration of the 'last' Land Rovers