Giro

Tom Kunich

May 27, 2023, 10:08:15 AM5/27/23
I would expect that the Giro time trial is over and I expect Roglic to win, My question is did he pull out the pink jersey from Thomas?

Roglic has not looked particularly good on the climbs recently. At least not like his past forms but the climbs are an absolute horror sto0ry. So will Roglic's familiarity with the terrain (it is only 6 miles or so from Slovenia) and his youth be able to overrule the greater experience of Thomas?

Roger Meriman

May 27, 2023, 10:19:13 AM5/27/23
Tom Kunich <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would expect that the Giro time trial is over and I expect Roglic to
> win, My question is did he pull out the pink jersey from Thomas?

Not yet watching it live!

> Roglic has not looked particularly good on the climbs recently. At least
> not like his past forms but the climbs are an absolute horror sto0ry. So
> will Roglic's familiarity with the terrain (it is only 6 miles or so from
> Slovenia) and his youth be able to overrule the greater experience of Thomas?

Roger Merriman

Lou Holtman

May 27, 2023, 12:00:00 PM5/27/23
Unbelievable!!!

Lou

Roger Meriman

May 27, 2023, 12:09:59 PM5/27/23
Very close until the very end! Which I guess it was really though could see
wasn’t enough time left!

Roger Merriman

Lou Holtman

May 27, 2023, 12:26:36 PM5/27/23
How is it possible to derail a chain on a 1*X setup? SRAM crap. What was Thomas thinking at the bike change? Changing a helmet, WTF. Why not take a piss also. Geezz.

Lou

Roger Meriman

May 27, 2023, 12:51:38 PM5/27/23
Not sure how the chain could come off? Surely the derailleur had some sort
of clutch or similar? And yes did seem to loose a lot of time changing
bikes!

But guess made for viewing!

Roger Merriman

Lou Holtman

May 28, 2023, 3:01:26 AM5/28/23
On Saturday, May 27, 2023 at 6:51:38 PM UTC+2, Roger Meriman wrote:
> Lou Holtman <lou.h...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Very close until the very end! Which I guess it was really though could see
> >> wasn’t enough time left!
> >>
> >> Roger Merriman
> >
> > How is it possible to derail a chain on a 1*X setup? SRAM crap. What was
> > Thomas thinking at the bike change? Changing a helmet, WTF. Why not
> > take a piss also. Geezz.
> >
> > Lou
> >

> Not sure how the chain could come off?

Because they forgot to put on a simple device to prevent that. Something ATB riders use for years. See Chris Horners video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2So1no7SaBw

What a knuckleheads.

Lou

Roger Meriman

May 28, 2023, 3:32:09 AM5/28/23
Oh for gods sake, my commute bike has that as it runs 1by9 and doesn’t have
a proper wide/narrow chaining etc so needs something to keep the chain on.

Roger Merriman

Tom Kunich

May 28, 2023, 12:20:42 PM5/28/23
I agree with you especially since these do not add any weight. I believe that they are already adding weight to these bikes via ballast so adding a chain keeper just means removing some of the ballast to reach the UCI minimum weight.

Lou Holtman

May 28, 2023, 12:51:56 PM5/28/23
Especially when you realize what is at stake. Last TdF Vingegaard almost crashed in the last TT in the last descent with a 1 min lead in the GC. What are they thinking at Jumbo Visma? I rode a singlespeed for quite a while. First with a chainring meant for a FD. Even with a properly tensioned chain and a perfect chain line it was almost a certainty that the chain would come drop when leaning in a bumpy corner and start pedaling again after you backed off (no chain tension) I had to get a singlespeed chainring to prevent that.

Lou, ai nasty crash at the sprint of the last stage at the Giro.