Google Groups không còn hỗ trợ đăng ký sử dụng hoặc đăng nội dung mới trên Usenet. Bạn vẫn có thể xem nội dung cũ.

Just for Frank: "Versatile design also includes rack and fender mounts"

43 lượt xem
Chuyển tới thư đầu tiên chưa đọc

funkma...@hotmail.com

chưa đọc,
16:27:58 8 thg 11, 20218/11/21
đến
I guess they were listening to you, Frank!

https://cyclingtips.com/2021/11/2022-giant-revolt-advanced-bucks-the-trend-going-longer-lower-and-steeper/

But wait!!!

"the Revolt Advanced Pro 0 is its supremely smooth ride. It’s well damped and rather muted, and the amount of vertical flex is tangible and substantial."

Yup, you read that right, a review stating the vertical flex is "tangible and substantial.

But then, it _is_ carbon fiber, the most magical of all magical frame materials.

jbeattie

chưa đọc,
21:16:14 8 thg 11, 20218/11/21
đến
You're not going to get Frank on a bike with PF86, a GRX group, through-axles, discs, etc. And that bike may be versatile, but where to you anchor the rack at the top of the seat stays?. I see a boss under the bridge for a rear fender, but the pictures don't show bosses on the stays near the bridge to attach a rack. Maybe they're on the inside face, and I can't see them. I also don't like the lack of a bolt/boss on the front of the fork for mounting the dyno-light. Serious transportational cyclists must have dyno lights.

-- Jay Beattie.

funkma...@hotmail.com

chưa đọc,
09:02:39 9 thg 11, 20219/11/21
đến
Besides that, not to mention all that carbon....blech!!!

Frank Krygowski

chưa đọc,
10:48:01 9 thg 11, 20219/11/21
đến
I agree, it does seem to have some nice features.

I see it comes in either CF or aluminum. I wonder if the aluminum
version also has "tangible and substantial" vertical flex?

--
- Frank Krygowski

funkma...@hotmail.com

chưa đọc,
11:04:32 9 thg 11, 20219/11/21
đến
That would be an interesting comparison.

Tom Kunich

chưa đọc,
11:05:56 9 thg 11, 20219/11/21
đến
The wheels I stop actioned in the middle of a crash had a 30 degree off of vertical displacement and after the crash they have sprung right back into shape so that the victim was none the wiser and assumed he had simply lost traction on something rather than that displacement causing the wheel to stick in the stays.

Simon S Aysdie

chưa đọc,
18:01:36 19 thg 11, 202119/11/21
đến
On Monday, November 8, 2021 at 1:27:58 PM UTC-8, funkma...@hotmail.com wrote:
My old touring bike has rack and fender mounts. It also has a sidewall generator mount on the fork.

Tom Kunich

chưa đọc,
18:10:24 19 thg 11, 202119/11/21
đến
mind also have rack and fender mounts but I wouldn't use a bottle generator but rather a rechargeable battery headlight. While I could ride all night as you could with the generator I've never felt the need to do so. We always camped before dark anyway. If you didn't you couldn't get a good campsite.

And I don't feel it necessary for all of my bikes to be able to be fitted with fenders despite the possibility of being caught out in a downpour.

Frank Krygowski

chưa đọc,
18:54:51 19 thg 11, 202119/11/21
đến
I'm a little jealous. I fabricated a mount for the sidewall generator on
my Cannondale, attaching it between the fork's low rider mount and the
cantilever brake boss. But a brazed-on mount would be nice.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Tom Kunich

chưa đọc,
19:39:35 19 thg 11, 202119/11/21
đến
Make that "couldn't" ride all night as you could with a bottle generator. Many of the camp sites in California have access to an AC receptacle since most of them are usable by RV's
0 tin nhắn mới