another bike shop tragedy

AMuzi

Nov 28, 2021, 10:27:21 AM11/28/21

Tom Kunich

Nov 28, 2021, 10:36:28 AM11/28/21
Is property so valuable in Cleveland that they feel the need to pay for very expensive destruction, cleanup and rebuild on that site?

Frank Krygowski

Nov 28, 2021, 11:05:41 AM11/28/21
<sigh> Tom, all the Wright Brothers' shops were in Dayton, Ohio.

I've visited their historic sights in Dayton. IIRC, the Wrights bike
shop had five different locations. They are great heroes of mine, but I
don't think everything they touched needs to be preserved. I don't know
of anything historic happening in their first shop.

Wright Brothers Museums in Dayton are really interesting. I think few
people appreciate how disciplined and scientific they were in
approaching the problem of manned flight. There are replicas of their
wind tunnel and aero force balance, and lots more. One can view restored
or reconstructed planes of theirs, which are really interesting for the
many ingenious details.

For the Wrights' story, I recommend the book _To Conquer The Air_ by
Tobin. I liked it much better than McCullough's book.

--
- Frank Krygowski

AMuzi

Nov 28, 2021, 11:25:15 AM11/28/21
Harumph. Cleveland my ass.

I was born in Montgomery County OH. Dayton is a world away
from The Mistake On The Lake.

Tom Kunich

Nov 28, 2021, 12:34:54 PM11/28/21
On Sunday, November 28, 2021 at 8:25:15 AM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
> On 11/28/2021 9:36 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> > On Sunday, November 28, 2021 at 7:27:21 AM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
> >> https://www.wtrf.com/news/ohio-headlines/panel-oks-bid-to-demolish-wright-brothers-1st-bike-shop-in-ohio/
> >> --
> >> Andrew Muzi
> >> <www.yellowjersey.org/>
> >> Open every day since 1 April, 1971
> >
> > Is property so valuable in Cleveland that they feel the need to pay for very expensive destruction, cleanup and rebuild on that site?
> >
> Harumph. Cleveland my ass.
>
> I was born in Montgomery County OH. Dayton is a world away
> from The Mistake On The Lake.
That I got the city incorrect make my comment less true?

Tom Kunich

Nov 28, 2021, 12:37:31 PM11/28/21
Frank, you were very little engineer and not even a passing scientist so please do not talk about scientific methods which you have no means of understanding. You remind me of a certain engineer who believes that if you have an instrument calibrated that it makes it accurate despite its tolerances.

John B.

Nov 28, 2021, 5:24:19 PM11/28/21
On Sun, 28 Nov 2021 09:27:19 -0600, AMuzi <a...@yellowjersey.org> wrote:

>https://www.wtrf.com/news/ohio-headlines/panel-oks-bid-to-demolish-wright-brothers-1st-bike-shop-in-ohio/

Yawn. Are the Wright brothers famous for building bicycles? Or
printing a newspaper?

--
Cheers,

John B.

Andre Jute

Nov 28, 2021, 6:02:36 PM11/28/21
On Sunday, November 28, 2021 at 10:24:19 PM UTC, John B. wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Nov 2021 09:27:19 -0600, AMuzi <a...@yellowjersey.org> wrote:
>
> >https://www.wtrf.com/news/ohio-headlines/panel-oks-bid-to-demolish-wright-brothers-1st-bike-shop-in-ohio/
>
> Yawn. Are the Wright brothers famous for building bicycles?
.
Actually, they were. You're an ignorant shortass, Slow Johnny, sneering at achievements that you couldn't even dream of matching. The Wright Brothers built very fine bicycles for those who could afford their elevated prices.
.
Unsigned for the usual reason.

Tom Kunich

Nov 28, 2021, 7:11:17 PM11/28/21
We have several questions about very slow Johnny:

1. He said that he was a crew chief on B50's but he had absolutely no idea that it was actually a B29 renamed so that Congress would approve a new contract.
2, He claims that he was a lifer but has now said several times that he "has never drawn a penny" of his retirement. You can only not receive retirement pay unless you had a dishonorable discharge if you actually put in 20 or 30 years. Retirement pay is not optional.
3. He stated that he was in Vietnam. The Air Force is NOT the Army. If you are SAC it is all but impossible to change commands. There was no SAC in Vietnam proper.

Now he might very well have dementia and simply doesn't know what he is saying. Either that or he hasn't said one word of truth since he signed on. His practice of quoting Google searches as if he knew what he was talking about gives me a very strong feeling that he is really a 17 year old punk.

AMuzi

Nov 28, 2021, 8:03:18 PM11/28/21
They were quite studious and rigorous in their modeling (as
Mr Krygowski noted) and worked out the reverse thread as an
elegant solution for left side bicycle pedals. Made your
life better!

John B.

Nov 28, 2021, 8:05:44 PM11/28/21
On Sun, 28 Nov 2021 16:11:16 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
<cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sunday, November 28, 2021 at 3:02:36 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:

>> > Yawn. Are the Wright brothers famous for building bicycles?
>> .
>> Actually, they were. You're an ignorant shortass, Slow Johnny, sneering at achievements that you couldn't even dream of matching. The Wright Brothers built very fine bicycles for those who could afford their elevated prices.
>> .
>> Unsigned for the usual reason.
>
>We have several questions about very slow Johnny:
>
>1. He said that he was a crew chief on B50's but he had absolutely no idea that it was actually a B29 renamed so that Congress would approve a new contract.

Good Lord, Tommy. Boeing called it a B-50, the Defense Department
called it a B-50, the Air Force called it a B-50, and you call it a
B-29... One can only gaze in awe at your assertions.

>2, He claims that he was a lifer but has now said several times that he "has never drawn a penny" of his retirement. You can only not receive retirement pay unless you had a dishonorable discharge if you actually put in 20 or 30 years. Retirement pay is not optional.

As I have said innumerable times before, you just don't understand
what you read.

>3. He stated that he was in Vietnam. The Air Force is NOT the Army. If you are SAC it is all but impossible to change commands. There was no SAC in Vietnam proper.

Wrong again, I served in The Training Command, Strategic Air Command
in several (4) locations in CONUS and various overseas commands while
outside the U.S.

>Now he might very well have dementia and simply doesn't know what he is saying. Either that or he hasn't said one word of truth since he signed on. His practice of quoting Google searches as if he knew what he was talking about gives me a very strong feeling that he is really a 17 year old punk.

That is called "deflection" i.e. you are caught lying and rather then
admit it you try to argue that everyone else is also telling lies
also.
--
Cheers,

John B.