Democrats and the Homeless

Tom Kunich

Sep 26, 2021, 2:45:29 PM9/26/21
California has given out the false number that there are only 160,000 homeless in California. Hell, there must be nearly that number just in the San Francisco bay area. And the Democrats that run everything here treat them like a pox upon the land while preaching to the voters that they, the Democrats are helping the homeless. You haven't lived until you've see a city council order bulldozers and backhoes into an area to "end the homeless problem"

AMuzi

Sep 26, 2021, 2:53:08 PM9/26/21
On 9/26/2021 1:45 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> California has given out the false number that there are only 160,000 homeless in California. Hell, there must be nearly that number just in the San Francisco bay area. And the Democrats that run everything here treat them like a pox upon the land while preaching to the voters that they, the Democrats are helping the homeless. You haven't lived until you've see a city council order bulldozers and backhoes into an area to "end the homeless problem"

A cynic might say that excessive spending on 'homeless' just
creates more bums.

This is five years old (well written)

http://bigcityeconomics.com/2016/10/25/the-los-angeles-homeless-housing-bond/

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

Tom Kunich

Sep 26, 2021, 3:04:09 PM9/26/21
On Sunday, September 26, 2021 at 11:53:08 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
> On 9/26/2021 1:45 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> > California has given out the false number that there are only 160,000 homeless in California. Hell, there must be nearly that number just in the San Francisco bay area. And the Democrats that run everything here treat them like a pox upon the land while preaching to the voters that they, the Democrats are helping the homeless. You haven't lived until you've see a city council order bulldozers and backhoes into an area to "end the homeless problem"
> >
> A cynic might say that excessive spending on 'homeless' just
> creates more bums.
>
> This is five years old (well written)
>
> http://bigcityeconomics.com/2016/10/25/the-los-angeles-homeless-housing-bond/

As I was saying - out in Alamo where the rich grow richer and love to show it off with a Ferrari in every driveway if you can see that far back onto the property of their 5,000 sq/ft homes. Streets that appeared to me to be perfect without even filling around the street access water valves and the like, are being continually repaved. But the rest of the state can go to hell.

John B.

Sep 26, 2021, 7:06:30 PM9/26/21
On Sun, 26 Sep 2021 13:53:09 -0500, AMuzi <a...@yellowjersey.org> wrote:

>On 9/26/2021 1:45 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
>> California has given out the false number that there are only 160,000 homeless in California. Hell, there must be nearly that number just in the San Francisco bay area. And the Democrats that run everything here treat them like a pox upon the land while preaching to the voters that they, the Democrats are helping the homeless. You haven't lived until you've see a city council order bulldozers and backhoes into an area to "end the homeless problem"
>>

>A cynic might say that excessive spending on 'homeless' just
>creates more bums.
>
>This is five years old (well written)
>
>http://bigcityeconomics.com/2016/10/25/the-los-angeles-homeless-housing-bond/

An interesting subject. I hadn't realized that there was such a
problem in the U.S. so did a little reading about the subject. Which
tells me all sorts of things about a lack of houses in California but
not much about the individuals themselves.

But, seriously, just who are these homeless?

Are they people that don't have a job so they can't rent shelter? Are
then people with jobs that don't want to pay for shelter? Are they
illegal immigrants who can't find housing but still think it is better
then where they came from? Are these people begging on the streets?
--
Cheers,

John B.

Tom Kunich

Sep 26, 2021, 7:18:34 PM9/26/21
Do some reading on the Internet. You seem to think that is all that is needed. That you can categorize people for their conditions beyond their control.

John B.

Sep 26, 2021, 10:03:33 PM9/26/21
Interesting. I ask what seems to me to be a sensible question - I can
find all stuff about what homeless is, but nothing about the people
who are actually homeless and why they are.

And what do I get from our "Expert about Everything"? "you can
categorize people for their conditions beyond their control".

Tommy, you really are a silly shit, aren't you.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Free Shipping

Sep 27, 2021, 1:56:10 AM9/27/21
On 26 Sep 2021, Tom Kunich <cycl...@gmail.com> posted some
So why do California nuts keep voting Democrats back into office?

Tom Kunich

Sep 28, 2021, 11:26:08 AM9/28/21
They don't. This last recall election was another case of fraud. Again the so-called (non-existent) pandemic was used as an excuse for mass mailings of ballots to endless parts of California without any way whatsoever of telling that the "voter" was 1. Real, 2. A legal voter 3. not simply a machine printing out anti-recall votes. Moreover, rather than using the counting machines that California used to use where you could place your ballot in the machine and assure yourself that your votes were tallied correctly, California ELIMINATED those machines and you had to place your ballot in a SUITCASE, which was supposedly delivered to a place where they were counted by hand. Was MY vote counted? Unlikely. There was an overwhelming movement against Gavin Loathsome and yet he had a handy majority. None of this added up. Why would people in California vote almost to a man for Obama and a large majority against Larry Elder who is a well respected black radio host whose views are moderate?

This is the same program that the Democrats used in the Presidential election - they used the pandemic to mass mail ballots without any means of checking the voter or the vote. The election audits in the swing states are plainly showing election fraud with more missing or false votes for Biden in the larger cities than his so-called majority. 66% of the missing votes are Democrat.

Frank Krygowski

Sep 28, 2021, 11:55:10 AM9/28/21
On 9/28/2021 11:26 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> On Sunday, September 26, 2021 at 10:56:10 PM UTC-7, Free Shipping wrote:
>> On 26 Sep 2021, Tom Kunich <cycl...@gmail.com> posted some
>>> California has given out the false number that there are only 160,000
>>> homeless in California. Hell, there must be nearly that number just in
>>> the San Francisco bay area. And the Democrats that run everything here
>>> treat them like a pox upon the land while preaching to the voters that
>>> they, the Democrats are helping the homeless. You haven't lived until
>>> you've see a city council order bulldozers and backhoes into an area
>>> to "end the homeless problem"
>>>
>> So why do California nuts keep voting Democrats back into office?
> They don't. This last recall election was another case of fraud.

Tom refuses to believe anything he doesn't happen to like. Data means
nothing to him.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Tom Kunich

Sep 28, 2021, 1:02:01 PM9/28/21
Frank, with all of your overwhelming knowledge about nothing tell me all of this data you believe me to be ignoring. I'll be waiting for you to gather your wits. They must be scattered over several acres.

Tom Kunich

Sep 28, 2021, 1:18:58 PM9/28/21
Frank, was the data I am ignoring that taken from Maricopa County Arizona where they found

3,981 voted despite registered AFTER Oct 15 deadline.
11,326 voted who were NOT on rolls on Nov 7 but WERE on Dec 4.
18,000 voted and then were removed from rolls AFTER election.
74,243 mail-in ballots w/ NO evidence of ever being sent.

Perhaps this is why the Democrat wanted the incomplete audit released before the audit checked not on number of votes counted but who actually voted??

Georgia, New Hampshire, and Pennsylvania are also conducting the same sort of election audits and are reportedly discovering the same thing - Republican votes strangely missing from the count and Democrat votes that came from nowhere and not from any sort of registered voters.

So TELL us all about this data I'm ignoring. As for the phony pandemic deaths, would you like me to show everyone the CDC information yet again?

It must drive you crazy that you're a pretend college educated engineer who couldn't design a steel rod and I completed designs for everyone from the Lawrence Laboratories to NASA with nothing more than a high school diploma that I never even got, since I was in Basic Training at the time.

Frank Krygowski

Sep 28, 2021, 1:59:06 PM9/28/21
To begin with, you ignore vote counts when elections don't go the way
you want. You ignore the dozens of anti-Biden election challenges
rejected by the courts, including by Republican judges. You're now
ignoring that the Cyber Ninja teenage election auditors found Trump lost
by even greater margins.

You're a pawn of the extreme right wing. They say jump, and you jump
right into full conspiracy mode.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Tom Kunich

Sep 28, 2021, 2:15:39 PM9/28/21
So, you're ignoring the audit vote counts that show that the SWING states had election fraud. You want to say that I'm ignoring the counts in Democrat states that make no difference in the election since they are nullified by the Republican states.

The stupid thing about you Frank is that you haven't been in the real world for so long you don't have a CLUE what reality is.

John B.

Sep 28, 2021, 7:06:46 PM9/28/21
Well, you asked
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-courts-election-idUSKBN2AF1G1
https://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_interest/election_law/litigation/
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/trump-s-election-fight-includes-over-30-lawsuits-it-s-n1248289

And they all say essentially the same thing. That the Trump team has
brought something like 50 claims before a state or federal court and
the courts have all done basically the same thing refusing to hear the
case or dismissed the case as they find them without merit.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Tom Kunich

Sep 28, 2021, 7:26:49 PM9/28/21
John, any time now you can stop showing that you don't have any idea of what is going on in his world. Every time you post now we can see Johnsville us still open for business and you're the primary John.

John B.

Sep 28, 2021, 8:45:16 PM9/28/21
On Tue, 28 Sep 2021 16:26:48 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
Good on you mate. I post a statement and back it up with references
and you tell me that I "don't know what is going on in the world"

So tell me what is going on. Has there been a single case that the
Trumpets have taken to court that wasn't thrown out?

But the classic example of a Trump claim of voter fraud seems to be
the Trump campaign claim that voter turnout in some areas in Michigan
was higher than 100% and provide a list of 19 areas which appear to
have a voter turnout high than 100%.

Wow! WE got 'em this time!

Unfortunately it turns out that the 19 areas claimed to have over
voted aren't in Michigan - but are in fact in Minnesota. And a check
of the voter roles in Minnesota show that in fact none of the areas
did, in fact, over vote.
https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-55016029
In short, proof that Republicans tell lies.
--
Cheers,

John B.

ritzann...@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2021, 9:20:07 PM9/28/21
On Tuesday, September 28, 2021 at 7:45:16 PM UTC-5, John B. wrote:

> https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-55016029
> In short, proof that Republicans tell lies.
> --
> Cheers,
>
> John B.

Nooooooooo. Say it isn't so John.

Tom Kunich

Sep 29, 2021, 3:14:06 PM9/29/21
What have you got moron? https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/07/what_if_the_2020_election_audits_show_trump_really_won.html The Constitution doesn't make ANY allowance for election fraud because it NEVER occurred in a million years to the founders that people like you would be willing to break the law so willingly.

jbeattie

Sep 29, 2021, 3:47:36 PM9/29/21
The Constitution leaves the popular vote to the states who select electors who cast votes in person in their respective state legislatures. There was no need for a voter fraud provision in the Constitution.

Vote fraud has been around since voting started. Edgar Allan Poe supposedly died after being liquored up and dragged around to various poling places to vote. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooping

-- Jay Beattie.

John B.

Sep 29, 2021, 6:58:33 PM9/29/21
On Wed, 29 Sep 2021 12:14:04 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
Tom, your stupidity knows no bounds.

So the Constitution doesn't address voter fraud? It also doesn't
address an allowance for social security payments or other forms of
the "dole".
--
Cheers,

John B.

Tom Kunich

Sep 30, 2021, 11:09:20 AM9/30/21
So nice to know that you've read the Constitution so carefully and know what it is actually addressing.

funkma...@hotmail.com

Sep 30, 2021, 4:34:52 PM9/30/21
On Tuesday, September 28, 2021 at 1:18:58 PM UTC-4, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 28, 2021 at 10:02:01 AM UTC-7, Tom Kunich wrote:
> > On Tuesday, September 28, 2021 at 8:55:10 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
> > > Tom refuses to believe anything he doesn't happen to like. Data means
> > > nothing to him.
> > Frank, with all of your overwhelming knowledge about nothing tell me all of this data you believe me to be ignoring. I'll be waiting for you to gather your wits. They must be scattered over several acres.
> Frank, was the data I am ignoring that taken from Maricopa County Arizona where they found
>
> 3,981 voted despite registered AFTER Oct 15 deadline.
> 11,326 voted who were NOT on rolls on Nov 7 but WERE on Dec 4.
> 18,000 voted and then were removed from rolls AFTER election.
> 74,243 mail-in ballots w/ NO evidence of ever being sent.

Funny, the right wing partisan audit found very different results:
https://www.azmirror.com/2021/09/23/arizona-audit-finds-biden-won-by-more-votes-and-no-evidence-of-fraud/
(thanks for the link, Frank)

> Perhaps this is why the Democrat wanted the incomplete audit released before the audit checked not on number of votes counted but who actually voted??

That's a lie

> Georgia, New Hampshire, and Pennsylvania are also conducting the same sort of election audits and are reportedly
> discovering the same thing - Republican votes strangely missing from the count and Democrat votes that came
> from nowhere and not from any sort of registered voters.

That's a lie. I live 5 miles from new hampshire and there was never any implication from any precinct of voter fraud. They have a republican governor and republicans control both houses. If there was serious evidence of voter fraud, it would have been pretty widely reported. the states largest newspaper - The Manchester Union Leader - isn't exactly known for their support of democrats.

> So TELL us all about this data I'm ignoring.

It's called the 2020 election returns, all audited and certified.

> As for the phony pandemic deaths, would you like me to show everyone the CDC information yet again?

We've already seen your repeated lies on the pandemic, sparky. You need a new shtick.

> It must drive you crazy that you're a pretend college educated engineer who couldn't design a steel rod and
> I completed designs for everyone from the Lawrence Laboratories to NASA with nothing more than a >
> high school diploma that I never even got, since I was in Basic Training at the time.

And strangely, tommy takes the advice of some recruiter who tells him that "complet[ing] designs for everyone from the Lawrence Laboratories to NASA with nothing more than a high school diploma" shouldn't go on his resume. Real smart, sparky.

funkma...@hotmail.com

Sep 30, 2021, 4:37:23 PM9/30/21
So nice for you to admit you need someone to explain it to you.

John B.

Sep 30, 2021, 9:04:53 PM9/30/21
On Thu, 30 Sep 2021 08:09:16 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
Well, yes I have read the constitution although admittedly it was in
high school and yes there was discussion about the causes and reasons
for the basic document and the Bill of Rights.

But you being a high school drop out probably never got that far.
--
Cheers,

John B.

John B.

Sep 30, 2021, 9:30:29 PM9/30/21
On Thu, 30 Sep 2021 13:34:50 -0700 (PDT), "funkma...@hotmail.com"
<funkma...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On Tuesday, September 28, 2021 at 1:18:58 PM UTC-4, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
>> > Frank, with all of your overwhelming knowledge about nothing tell me all of this data you believe me to be ignoring. I'll be waiting for you to gather your wits. They must be scattered over several acres.
>> Frank, was the data I am ignoring that taken from Maricopa County Arizona where they found
>>
>> 3,981 voted despite registered AFTER Oct 15 deadline.
>> 11,326 voted who were NOT on rolls on Nov 7 but WERE on Dec 4.
>> 18,000 voted and then were removed from rolls AFTER election.
>> 74,243 mail-in ballots w/ NO evidence of ever being sent.
>
>Funny, the right wing partisan audit found very different results:
>https://www.azmirror.com/2021/09/23/arizona-audit-finds-biden-won-by-more-votes-and-no-evidence-of-fraud/
>(thanks for the link, Frank)
>>
>> Perhaps this is why the Democrat wanted the incomplete audit released before the audit checked not on number of votes counted but who actually voted??
>
>That's a lie
>

>> Georgia, New Hampshire, and Pennsylvania are also conducting the same sort of election audits and are reportedly
>> discovering the same thing - Republican votes strangely missing from the count and Democrat votes that came
>> from nowhere and not from any sort of registered voters.
>
>That's a lie. I live 5 miles from new hampshire and there was never any implication from any precinct of voter fraud. They have a republican governor and republicans control both houses. If there was serious evidence of voter fraud, it would have been pretty widely reported. the states largest newspaper - The Manchester Union Leader - isn't exactly known for their support of democrats.

Actually there was. I read about it somewhere on the Net. It was some
small town, I think in the southern part of the state, Windham?, with
a population of something like 16,000... and it was in an election for
representatives in the State government.

An audit showed that there was no fraud although there was some
question about a "folding machine" that may have caused some ballots
to have been read incorrectly and a recommendation was made that the
counting machines be cleaned regularly to avoid any such problems.

But, of course Tommy was talking about National Elections not state
elections in the 46th smallest state in the Union (:-)

>> So TELL us all about this data I'm ignoring.
>
>It's called the 2020 election returns, all audited and certified.
>
>> As for the phony pandemic deaths, would you like me to show everyone the CDC information yet again?
>
>We've already seen your repeated lies on the pandemic, sparky. You need a new shtick.
>
>> It must drive you crazy that you're a pretend college educated engineer who couldn't design a steel rod and
>> I completed designs for everyone from the Lawrence Laboratories to NASA with nothing more than a >
>> high school diploma that I never even got, since I was in Basic Training at the time.
>
>And strangely, tommy takes the advice of some recruiter who tells him that "complet[ing] designs for everyone from the Lawrence Laboratories to NASA with nothing more than a high school diploma" shouldn't go on his resume. Real smart, sparky.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Tom Kunich

Oct 1, 2021, 12:10:48 PM10/1/21
I see you have no answer to the lies of the left except your sniveling and crying and saying "lies" when in fact we all know what happened. The corruption of the left has already blown up in their face. The only way that they could commit this election fraud was under the absolute lie of a pandemic and I have shown that since the end of April, 2020 there hasn't been ANY excess respiratory diseases. This is spreading as more and more people are catching on. Fauci is being sued to PROVE that there even us such a thing as SARS-Cov-2. Since this has never been identified, none of the tests or claims are true. What's it feel like to be a pencil neck geek bullied by 12 year old school girls? Or do you just pretend they're really LGBTS boys?

Tom Kunich

Oct 1, 2021, 12:13:16 PM10/1/21
As a sick old man I have to ignore your complaints about people that have done so much better than you. I suppose it is the advancing dementia of yours.

funkma...@hotmail.com

Oct 1, 2021, 2:40:03 PM10/1/21
Yes, it was windham. That's about 20 miles from me. As you noted it was attributed to a faulty ballot reader. Republicans won every category on the ballot after the first count. One democrat lost by 24 votes, and requested a recount, after which her loss was reported to be 99 votes. This is where it got interesting. It was the MAGA lunatics that got their panties in a bunch and claimed this was proof of voter fraud in favor of democrats. They overran the board of selectmen meeting to the point where they called in the state police because the crowd overwhelmed their ten-person police force. The state AG issued a report here:

https://www.doj.nh.gov/sb43/documents/20210713-sb43-forensic-audit-report.pdf
" All counts agree that Republicans swept Windham’s four seats in the state house of representatives. "
"All counts" here means that even the initial count showed the same results, as can be seen here: https://www.windhamnh.gov/DocumentCenter/View/7405/11032020-General-Election-Results

and

"We found no basis to believe that the miscounts found in Windham indicate a pattern of partisan bias or a failed election. "

and

"Recounts in nine other State Representative contests using AccuVote tabulators throughout the state did not reveal similar discrepancies. Thus, it appears that the statewide impact of folds in 2020 was marginal. It is not impossible that folds affected the outcome of some contest in the 400-seat New Hampshire House of Representatives, but we can conclude that Windham was not the tip of a massive miscount iceberg."

funkma...@hotmail.com

Oct 1, 2021, 2:53:12 PM10/1/21
Yes, What happened was that biden legitimately won and you're whining about it like a two year old that dropped his ice cream

> The corruption of the left has already blown up in their face.

oh, you mean like this?:
https://www.azmirror.com/2021/09/23/arizona-audit-finds-biden-won-by-more-votes-and-no-evidence-of-fraud/

> The only way that they could commit this election fraud was under the absolute lie of a pandemic
> and I have shown that since the end of April, 2020 there hasn't been ANY excess respiratory diseases.

I hate to break it to ya sparky, but the only person that thinks that is true is you.

> This is spreading as more and more people are catching on.

More people are catching on to the idea that people like you should be euthanized to protect the rest of us.

> Fauci is being sued to PROVE that there even us such a thing as SARS-Cov-2.

And that will get as far as the trump election lawsuits

> Since this has never been identified, none of the tests or claims are true.

Suuuuure it hasn't....
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/variants/variant-info.html
https://www.cancer.gov/publications/dictionaries/cancer-terms/def/sars-cov-2

> What's it feel like to be a pencil neck geek bullied by 12 year old school girls? Or do you just pretend they're really LGBTS boys?

Dunno sparky, you've lost every round here, you tell _us_ what it's like to be such a pathetic loser. Or are you telling us you identify as a 12 year old school girl? Nah, even 12 year old school girls are more mature than you.

funkma...@hotmail.com

Oct 1, 2021, 2:54:30 PM10/1/21
I don't complain about people that have done better than me.

John B.

Oct 1, 2021, 7:15:04 PM10/1/21
"Fauci is being sued"?

Can you provide some sort of proof of what you say? Or is this just
another example of Tommy's foolishness?
--
Cheers,

John B.

John B.

Oct 1, 2021, 8:59:50 PM10/1/21
"that have done so much better than you"?? Well perhaps.

You complain about all the money you lost on your investments during
the OBama years, while my investments have increased in value every
year since 1973. Our "emergency fund" some 3.7 pounds of gold, is now
worth 150% of what we bought it for.

Then there are all your important jobs... yes, but I see from your
resume that you had to work two jobs at the same time to keep your
head above water
https://www.linkedin.com/in/tom-kunich-22012
Clear-Com Intercom Systems
May 2004 - Dec 2007

Embarcadero Systems Corp.
May 2004 - Jun 2006

Then,, of course is your house that cost $50,000 when purchased. I, or
to be technical, my wife, owns two houses, both 2 story, 3 bedroom, 2
bath, concrete construction. One in Bangkok and one here in a village
of some 40,000 people.

Then, of course, we have your present situation, living on Social
Security and trying to make a dollar buying and selling used stuff on
the Internet, while I'm just sitting here smiling.

And every day I thank God that I'll never do as well as Tommy.
--
Cheers,

John B.

AMuzi

Oct 1, 2021, 9:03:37 PM10/1/21
https://americasfrontlinedoctors.org/2/videos/breaking-lawsuit-filed-by-americas-frontline-doctors-names-fauci-aims-to-stop-child-jabs/

Dr Fauci is also the subject of FOIA lawsuits, including by
Judicial Watch, for noncompliance with Open Records Act
requests.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

John B.

Oct 1, 2021, 9:06:00 PM10/1/21
On Fri, 1 Oct 2021 11:40:01 -0700 (PDT), "funkma...@hotmail.com"
I haven't even visited the state for years and years but isn't New
Hampshire, traditionally, a republican state? I seem to recall it was
when I lived in that part of the country. Or at least I remember my
grandmother announcing that she was voting for Tom Dewey.
--
Cheers,

John B.

John B.

Oct 1, 2021, 10:04:56 PM10/1/21
I had noticed that but it says that a suit had been filed, which is a
bit different, I think, from "being sued" After all the Trump
adherents have filed something like 50 suits claiming vote fraud and
to date I don't believe that the courts have acted on a single one.

>Dr Fauci is also the subject of FOIA lawsuits, including by
>Judicial Watch, for noncompliance with Open Records Act
>requests.

Not to argue but can you give me a reference to lawsuits? All I can
find is questions about e-mails.
--
Cheers,

John B.

ritzann...@gmail.com

Oct 1, 2021, 10:36:43 PM10/1/21
Andy, may I suggest you use a better source for your references. The website you cite above is for America's Frontline Doctors. I saw them referred to in a Yahoo story. I posted the link below. The group you cite could say the night is dark and winter is cold and I would have to refute it due to the dishonesty of them.

https://news.yahoo.com/group-wing-ties-duped-tens-180010779.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall
Title: "How a group with right-wing ties duped tens of thousands of Americans into buying COVID-19 drugs that don't work"

"America's Frontline Doctors, a group with right-wing ties, has been promoting fake COVID-19 treatments.

It has referred people to a telemedicine site to procure those treatments for a fee.

Its patients may have spent $6.7 million for medical advice and $8.5 million for prescriptions, The Intercept reported.

See more stories on Insider's business page.

For more than a year, a group called America's Frontline Doctors has been stoking the flames of COVID-19 conspiracy theories.

The organization refers to itself as a nonprofit that advocates for physicians and patients. In reality, it has been instrumental in promoting disproven, often dangerous COVID-19 treatments, then referring people to a telemedicine site where they can procure those treatments following a consultation."

AMuzi

Oct 2, 2021, 8:41:19 AM10/2/21

AMuzi

Oct 2, 2021, 8:42:41 AM10/2/21
I expressed no opinion on the merits of the case nor the
character of plaintiff.

Tom Kunich

Oct 2, 2021, 5:39:42 PM10/2/21
You mean that you haven't complained about the MAGA group, every one of who has been more successful than you?

Tom Kunich

Oct 2, 2021, 5:43:23 PM10/2/21
What do you know about healthcare?

John B.

Oct 2, 2021, 9:11:24 PM10/2/21
I am being picky but your reference says that " filed Freedom of
Information Act (FOIA) lawsuits against the Office of the Director of
National Intelligence (ODNI) and the State Department for information
on the Wuhan Institute of Virology and the origins of the SARS-CoV-2
virus"

I may be wrong but I don't think that simply filing actually
constitutes a "law suit". I'm admittedly being picky but it is my
understand that "filing" is basically a matter of filling out the form
and paying the fee. And, again, my understanding is that the court may
not find the claim justified , and thus might refuse to act on it. The
Trump Group's many claims of voter fraud come to mind here.
--
Cheers,

John B.

AMuzi

Oct 3, 2021, 10:09:48 AM10/3/21
True.
But I did write 'subject of FOIA lawsuits' in that he's not
been forthcoming about emails relating to his funding/
arrangements/ personnel movements between CDC and The PLA
Wuhan Virus Weapons Lab.

Also note the throwaway term, 'being sued'. Anyone can sue
anyone for anything. In a related concurrent thread, judges
toss a lot of those right upfront.

Lastly, the history of FOIA is pathetic. Several years after
a request, then a demand, then a court order, the eventual
document will be full of redactions leaving virtually nothing.

Frank Krygowski

Oct 3, 2021, 11:16:52 AM10/3/21
On 10/3/2021 10:09 AM, AMuzi wrote:

> Also note the throwaway term, 'being sued'.  Anyone can sue anyone for
> anything. In a related concurrent thread, judges toss a lot of those
> right upfront.
>
> Lastly, the history of FOIA is pathetic. Several years after a request,
> then a demand, then a court order, the eventual document will be full of
> redactions leaving virtually nothing.

I agree on both of those points.

Regarding the latter: I've seen that sort of thing happen even in a
suburban village with just 3000 residents. Ditto for Sunshine Law
violations.

And I suppose this has always been the case. I just read a novel set in
~1000 A.D. in which major developments of the plot centered on the fact
that the king could make commandments and judgments, but there were
often no practical ways of enforcing them.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Tom Kunich

Oct 3, 2021, 1:14:52 PM10/3/21
And of course we all know that novels tell you the absolute truth about conditions in 1000 A.D.

John B.

Oct 3, 2021, 9:22:50 PM10/3/21
The thing that, to me, seems strange about this whole hopala is the
statement I read on BBC news that stated: "A report released by
Republican lawmakers cites "ample evidence" that the lab was working
to modify coronaviruses to infect humans and calls for a bipartisan
investigation into its origins."

Now, from what I read in the news and get from people that have done,
or do, business in China, the Chinese government is extremely reticent
about nearly everything. An example, Jack Ma, a founder of Alibaba,
literally disappeared for three months. He is now back in public but
nothing is said about who, what, where, when, he was for those 3
months.

So, how does this Republican lawmaker get his "ample evidence"?
--
Cheers,

John B.

John B.

Oct 3, 2021, 9:34:30 PM10/3/21
Way back when, the little town I grew up in was governed by a
"Selectman" who was selected at a "Town Meeting". The preamble to
selecting the Select Man was that the individual "Managers" had to get
up and explain their department's acts during the past year.

Now, when Mrs. Jones gets up and demands from the Highway Manager, why
her street wasn't plowed until after Mrs. Smith's street was plowed
during the last snow storm, and the Highway Manager has to stand up in
front of the entire town and explain, it does tend to make things, if
not more efficient, but certainly more acceptable to the voters (:-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

sms

Oct 3, 2021, 9:59:36 PM10/3/21
On 9/26/2021 11:53 AM, AMuzi wrote:
> On 9/26/2021 1:45 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
>> California has given out the false number that there are only 160,000
>> homeless in California. Hell, there must be nearly that number just in
>> the San Francisco bay area. And the Democrats that run everything here
>> treat them like a pox upon the land while preaching to the voters that
>> they, the Democrats are helping the homeless. You haven't lived until
>> you've see a city council order bulldozers and backhoes into an area
>> to "end the homeless problem"
>>

> A cynic might say that excessive spending on 'homeless' just creates
> more bums.

In California, the epidemic of homelessness began with Ronald Reagan and
the closing of state mental hospitals when he signed the
Lanterman-Petris-Short Act in 1967. "De-institutionalization" might have
worked had there been alternatives put in place as the mentally ill were
released, but there weren't. Prisons were the only alternative other
than homelessness for many mentally ill individuals.

The problem was further exacerbated when Reagan became president, see:
<https://www.salon.com/2013/09/29/ronald_reagans_shameful_legacy_violence_the_homeless_mental_illness/>

In California cities, real estate investors snapped up properties with
SRO (Single Room Occupancy) hotels, where it was possible for someone to
live at very low cost. Those properties became luxury housing or office
space and the lost rooms were not replaced with affordable or subsidized
housing.

Jerry Brown further exacerbated the affordable housing problem when he
shut down redevelopment agencies so there is now very little money to
build affordable housing. California has an enormous glut of market-rate
rental housing that the homeless can't afford, and an enormous shortage
of subsidized affordable housing that developers don't want to build
because it is not profitable for them.

Gavin Newsom recently signed several housing bills that will further
enrich real estate developers while not providing any affordable housing.

There's plenty of blame to go around when it comes to homelessness,
regardless of political party.

AMuzi

Oct 3, 2021, 10:23:35 PM10/3/21
Perhaps he just reads the popular science press:

https://www.nature.com/articles/nature.2015.18787

(among a dozen or so items not pulled from the inter webs)

John B.

Oct 3, 2021, 11:29:27 PM10/3/21
Well, I did read it and I read a referenced article
https://www.nature.com/articles/514411a
but I don't see a reference to the Chinese.

But I do see references to
"Ralph Baric, an infectious-disease researcher at the University of
North Carolina at Chapel Hill, a co-author of the study."
and
"after a series of lab accidents involving mishandled pathogens at the
US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta, Georgia."
and
"is run by Yoshihiro Kawaoka, a flu researcher at the University of
Wisconsin–Madison."
--
Cheers,

John B.

Tom Kunich

Oct 4, 2021, 10:53:32 AM10/4/21
John, you always show the sort of intelligence that we would expect of someone that was a crew chief on a bomber that didn't exist.

It would NEVER occur to you that part of being paid by Fauci included progress updates.

Tom Kunich

Oct 4, 2021, 10:56:24 AM10/4/21
More bullshit from Scharf. It was the Democrats that demanded that the poor, poor lunatics be let out of these institutions where they were forever trapped. Reaqan simply gave them what they demanded. And now you're sniveling that it was Reagan's fault that crazy people thrown out on the street could not support themselves. Is this a comedy act or something?

Tom Kunich

Oct 4, 2021, 10:59:09 AM10/4/21
That is too "sciency" for John or Scharf. As you can see, Fauci was funding this during Obama's incapable Presidency.

AMuzi

Oct 4, 2021, 12:42:20 PM10/4/21
The notable part of that link is Dr Dezsak, quoted in 2015,
warning of a 'clear and present danger' regarding Gain of
Function[1] in this group of viruses.

I've linked other science press[2] articles on the subject
here over the past 18 months or so. This from February 2017
for example:
https://www.nature.com/articles/nature.2017.21487

Starting in 2013 these projects hit the science press. In
2014 some warnings or misgivings were published, as above.

Also in 2014, many countries including USA & France banned
this sort of work both on practical[3] and legal[4] grounds.

Shortly thereafter the French built the Wuhan lab for the
CCP/PLA and were involved in research/production and,
imoprtantly, the results and data so derived. Dr Fauci
approved CDC funding[5] for the CCP Wuhan Virus Plant
through an entity controlled by Dezsak, who was also
involved in the research and also obtained data and results.
In this way, both governments were legally[6] not doing
prohibited bioweapons production and research when in fact
they were exactly doing bioweapons production and research.

We've discussed all this here, with web links, for a year
and a half. I hope that was clear enough. If not, do a web
search for wuhan virus lab and any year from 2013 through
2019. A great many publications are still not deleted.

But do write some naive comment again about the little
angels at the CCP PLA. Extra points for including 'orange
man bad' in any post.

[1] euphemism for 'design/manipulate a virus to enhance
contagion'.
[2] Regular science publications, not Screwy Louie Farrakhan
or Alex Jones. Many are be4hind paywalls.
[3]By error or intent, one might kill millions relatively
easily & quickly. This is not news, see 2014 article.
[4]Government departments viewed this area as a probable
violation of bioweapons treaties. China doesn't sign
treaties generally and roundly ignores where convenient or
interesting.
[5]Originally denied that fact, then admitted funding
something like $150K but it's actually some large number,
reportedly $3,400,000, a subject of FOIA disclosure suits.
[6]'plausible deniability' = the phrase that pays.

Tom Kunich

Oct 4, 2021, 3:13:49 PM10/4/21
I have no doubt that Fauci is responsible for this corona virus. The problem is, the one they used is NOT a deadly disease. Most viruses are not since they require a human host to reproduce as it were. (Viruses are not alive and hence cannot "reproduce". They are merely chemical chains that react with the DNA chain.)

As I've shown here so many times - there were about 2,000 people that died reportedly of covid-19. The problem with that is that it was in the middle of the flu season and that number is the typical number that die from a bad flu season. For the rest of 2020, the respiratory diseases were EXACTLY normal and in 2021 they were BELOW normal until recently when it returned to the normal 5 year average.

If you have no respiratory diseases you have no covid deaths. It is that simple. And the fact that the mortuary business lost money in 2020 plainly shows that this was nothing more than a pack of lies.

jbeattie

Oct 4, 2021, 3:54:38 PM10/4/21
One more time with emphasis, the "mortuary business" did not lose money in 2020:

"Core revenues grew $53 million, driven by a 17% increase in the number of cases, partially offset by a 3.4% decline in the funeral sales average. The predominant reason for the increase in services performed was due to the direct impact of COVID-19, and, to a lesser extent, to an increase in non-COVID related deaths such as heart disease, stroke, cancer, drug overdose and suicide, perhaps a consequence of a lack of access to healthcare during 2020. Words cannot convey the level of our appreciation and respect I have for our frontline team. The tremendous care you provided record numbers of our client families during such a stressful time can only be described as heroic."

https://www.fool.com/earnings/call-transcripts/2021/02/16/service-corporation-international-sci-q4-2020-earn/

Quit making things up or at least do it in a way that can't be fact-checked in five seconds by any ten-year-old with internet access. It make you look stupid.

-- Jay Beattie.

funkma...@hotmail.com

Oct 5, 2021, 10:51:50 AM10/5/21
On Friday, October 1, 2021 at 9:06:00 PM UTC-4, John B. wrote:

> I haven't even visited the state for years and years but isn't New
> Hampshire, traditionally, a republican state? I seem to recall it was
> when I lived in that part of the country. Or at least I remember my
> grandmother announcing that she was voting for Tom Dewey.

Quite frankly, new hampshire always was and currently is a political oddity. For the past 20 years or so they've been drifting more towards blue, notably by electing Jean Shaheen as governor in the early 2000s. Currently republicans control most state offices and the state legislature is dominated by republicans, but their congressional delegation is entirely democrat. Long ago they were conservative but moderate, more of a classic libertarian style. Unfortunately the partisan divide exemplified by the particular hatred from the maga idiots has been hampering their ability to fix many of their problems. As an example, When Amazon was looking for a new second headquarters, they applied for consideration and decided to include derisive remarks against Boston.

"the site represents a far superior business environment without the cumbersome commute times, taxes, and affordability challenges that plague Boston businesses and their employees."

"Commuting into downtown Boston has become a congestion nightmare. It has grown beyond capacity to the point where Boston actually had to withdraw from Olympic consideration because of the citizen’s fury over current untenable traffic congestion. "
(not exactly true. The largest concern by far was the inability of the planning committee to put together a reasonable housing plan for the olympic village and the need to build sports facilities that met IOC requirements that could not be repurposed or shown to have any lasting use after the olympics. Congestion was certainly an issue, but no where near the top of the list)

"Boston is known for congested decaying roads and overcrowded subways"

"Choose Boston and next year when you leave your tiny $4,000-a-month apartment only to sit in 2 hours of traffic trying to make your way to an overburdened airport, you’ll be wishing you were in New Hampshire."

It was puzzling to many new hampshire residents why the proposal committee thought it was necessary to include those remarks - They couldn't simply promote new hampshire on its' own merits? Instead they had to practice the same time of partisanship many of the top republicans in the state show when being dismissive of the growing left-leaning demographic rather than working towards the greater common good. As someone who lives so close to new hampshire, my opinion is they do exactly one thing well - they have excellent road maintenance.

Tom Kunich

Oct 5, 2021, 11:02:53 AM10/5/21
There was NOT a 17% in deaths. You don't even have a passing idea of what that would mean. And the PROFITS fell 1.1% even though the COST of burying people went up. The CDC information plainly shows that there were NO excess deaths from respiratory diseases from April of 2020 on and that peak was only about 2,000 people. There were FAR more people killed by the lockdowns and the resulting problems, than from covid if it even exists. And it STILL HASN'T been isolated and fully characterized.

When you don't know shit about anything please keep your ignorance to yourself.

jbeattie

Oct 5, 2021, 11:16:30 AM10/5/21
I gave you a link -- in fact numerous links in various posts -- to SCI's 2020 earnings. It is the largest funeral service provider in the US. It is McDeath, Micky-D of the funeral world.

And after all these posts, you still don't get it. Deaths went up, "cases" (bodies handled) went up, but the earnings per case went down because of COVID restrictions on in-person services, graveside services, etc., etc. The big margins are on services, cars, etc., etc. Throwing a body in a box and burning it is not a high profit operation. Nonetheless, SCI grew core revenue by $53M during 2020. Do you somehow disagree with what the company says in its 10Ks and earnings reports? They can't lie without consequence, unlike some people.

-- Jay Beattie.

Tom Kunich

Oct 5, 2021, 11:33:04 AM10/5/21
And I gave you the citation for Statistica for the entire industry several times. Can you explain to me why you would deny the industry-wide report for one portion of it?

sms

Oct 5, 2021, 11:48:52 AM10/5/21
On 10/4/2021 12:54 PM, jbeattie wrote:

<snip>

> Quit making things up or at least do it in a way that can't be fact-checked in five seconds by any ten-year-old with internet access. It make you look stupid.

That ship sailed a long time ago.

John B.

Oct 5, 2021, 8:29:03 PM10/5/21
Well (:-) Boston could have retaliated by saying, "yup, but when it
snows it doesn't take us two days to dig out" (:-)

But the thing that always made me wonder was "why in the world did
anyone go there"? My mother's family were from Weare and she had a
copy of the "History of Weare" that made rather horrifying reading, at
least to anyone today. One account was of a family that migrated up
from Massachusetts, probably in the late 1700's, and as they got there
in the autumn and were unable to plant anything lived all winter in a
three sided shack on a diet of cornmeal.

And the Christians who preach against the demon rum might find it
interesting to know that part of the local Preacher's annual "salary",
along with the sacks of potatoes and the cured hams was "1 keg of rum
or brandy"
--
Cheers,

John B.

funkma...@hotmail.com

Oct 6, 2021, 2:50:36 PM10/6/21
On Tuesday, October 5, 2021 at 8:29:03 PM UTC-4, John B. wrote:
> [...]
> >
> >It was puzzling to many new hampshire residents why the proposal committee thought it was necessary to include those remarks - They couldn't simply promote new hampshire on its' own merits? Instead they had to practice the same time of partisanship many of the top republicans in the state show when being dismissive of the growing left-leaning demographic rather than working towards the greater common good. As someone who lives so close to new hampshire, my opinion is they do exactly one thing well - they have excellent road maintenance.
> >
> Well (:-) Boston could have retaliated by saying, "yup, but when it
> snows it doesn't take us two days to dig out" (:-)

To which NH would reply "yeah, it takes us two hours". Yes, I'm being as facetious as you were, but there's more than a grain of truth to that. New hampshire does a fantastic job of keeping the roads clear.In new hampshire - even in the cities of Manchester, Concord, and Portsmouth, the roads are usually drivable well before a storm has even passed.

> But the thing that always made me wonder was "why in the world did
> anyone go there"? My mother's family were from Weare and she had a
> copy of the "History of Weare" that made rather horrifying reading, at
> least to anyone today. One account was of a family that migrated up
> from Massachusetts, probably in the late 1700's, and as they got there
> in the autumn and were unable to plant anything lived all winter in a
> three sided shack on a diet of cornmeal.
>
> And the Christians who preach against the demon rum might find it
> interesting to know that part of the local Preacher's annual "salary",
> along with the sacks of potatoes and the cured hams was "1 keg of rum
> or brandy"

I understand why people might want to move to new hampshire. Someone who doesn't own property is an example - they don't pay sales tax or property tax, and if they work in the state they don't pay income tax. A very-well-off retiree might like it, though they would get hit with some rather large property taxes. But, you have to not mind being away from the more high-brow cultural scene. Except for the three cities I mentioned, there aren't many towns that are 'walkable' - iow conveniences such as food and gas are likely several miles away. When I lived in NH, it took me 20 minutes to get to the grocery store. My property taxes doubled from what they were in massachusetts (despite having a smaller house, less land, no trash pick, no town water/sewer/gas ), my car insurance increased from my massachusetts rates because NH actually doesn't require car insurance, so people who have it need to contribute for the pool of uninsured drivers, and of course I still worked in Massachusetts so I was paying income tax. Overall my net disposable income dropped from when I moved away from "taxachusetts". Then of course there's the political climate - when I was there, we had a member of the local school board that was trying to get books banned from the library, and another member of the school board that didn't graduate high school, drove a truck for the DPW, and was adamant that the teachers salaries should not be more than his.

Once last point for the libertarian 'don't-tread-on-me' types who actually believe the "live free or die" bullshit - all hard liquor for personal consumption in the state can only be sold through state-controlled liquor stores.
The state has and maintains a monopoly on hard liquor sales.

John B.

Oct 6, 2021, 7:00:49 PM10/6/21
On Wed, 6 Oct 2021 11:50:32 -0700 (PDT), "funkma...@hotmail.com"
Well, I was actually referring to the folks that migrated from,
probably, Massachusetts back in the Revolutionary War days (:-)

But liqueur sales, I'm guessing here, was likely initially at least
partially due to the feeling that drinking was somehow a sin and thus
required control and undauntedly also due to the State realizing that
they had a real money maker here.

When I lived there, there was also a law that if you had a glass of
beer on the table and you wanted to move to another table, to sit with
a friend, for example, you had to call the waitress to move your beer.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Frank Krygowski

Oct 6, 2021, 8:20:47 PM10/6/21
On 10/6/2021 7:00 PM, John B. wrote:

> When I lived there, there was also a law that if you had a glass of
> beer on the table and you wanted to move to another table, to sit with
> a friend, for example, you had to call the waitress to move your beer.

Here in Ohio, I gather it's illegal for anyone under 21 to handle the
sale of beer or wine. I say that because when a youngish checkout person
scans our groceries, they have to call for help when they get to our
beer or wine. Then an older person comes over, swipes the dangerous
substance past the laser scanner, and returns to their previous station.
But the young person can take money for it and put it in a bag. Somehow
that doesn't ruin their morals.

It's pretty weird.

--
- Frank Krygowski

AMuzi

Oct 6, 2021, 8:26:43 PM10/6/21
Not the only State. Ohio used to but I think it doesn't any
longer (Frank?). Washington quit but increased taxes &
regulation to a net effect of nil (liquor's roughly double
the price here in WI)

Mexico does the same with gasoline & diesel fuel. Doesn't
work there either.

John B.

Oct 7, 2021, 4:20:27 AM10/7/21
On Wed, 6 Oct 2021 11:50:32 -0700 (PDT), "funkma...@hotmail.com"
I've always wondered about the Live Free or Die slogan. It sounds
really courageous. But in my youth all stores except (I seem to
remember) that sold milk, or maybe it was medicines, by law were
closed on Sunday. So maybe it was "live free!" Except for Sundays (:-)

I still remember the only shop open on Sunday was a drugstore that
also sold newspapers so after church the women folks were off home to
get the Sunday Dinner on the table and the men folks would gather at
the drugstore to smoke cigars and read the paper.
--
Cheers,

John B.

John B.

Oct 7, 2021, 4:25:47 AM10/7/21
Well yes. Alcohol is "the devil's brew" so tax hell out of it. Makes
perfect sense. And while we are at it we better get the ciggies too
(filthy habit, that).

--
Cheers,

John B.

Tom Kunich

Oct 7, 2021, 11:14:32 AM10/7/21
And yet Washington allows (or allowed) the sale of 3.2 beer to people 18 and over. Supposedly you couldn't get drunk on that but you sure could have fooled me since I played in bands there and watched kids getting completely soused. Coming from a family of drunks I was rather more controlled.

Tom Kunich

Oct 7, 2021, 11:17:08 AM10/7/21
Certainly John, but then you don't mind burning in the fires of hell for eternity. There is no hell? Well then I guess you'll have to wait and see. Everyone can see that the universe invented itself when it is 92 million light years across and 18 million years old.

Frank Krygowski

Oct 7, 2021, 12:08:02 PM10/7/21
We still have only "state stores" for hard liquor which seem to be
franchises. Our grocery store has a "state store" where liquor is sold
by an old guy who looks like he wishes he could retire. I don't know the
legal details of the franchises.

--
- Frank Krygowski

funkma...@hotmail.com

Oct 7, 2021, 2:58:14 PM10/7/21
More hypocritical than anything, but it gives the rednecks a good bumper sticker.

> But in my youth all stores except (I seem to
> remember) that sold milk, or maybe it was medicines, by law were
> closed on Sunday. So maybe it was "live free!" Except for Sundays (:-)

At least since the early 80's grocery stores were open on sundays, and they could then (and still do) sell beer and wine. Since I lived so close to NH we used to head up on sunday to restock for the day. That started to change in the late 80's when massachusetts amended the blue laws from no alcohol on sundays to allow towns that bordered NH to sell alcohol, but not before noon. Seems the liquor store owners were able to make an argument that the state was losing a lot f tax revenue from those sunday sales. Over the years that morphed into all towns can open for sunday sales, and then before noon.

> I still remember the only shop open on Sunday was a drugstore that
> also sold newspapers so after church the women folks were off home to
> get the Sunday Dinner on the table and the men folks would gather at
> the drugstore to smoke cigars and read the paper.

lol, did Norman Rockwell live in your town?

(Yes, I know he never lived in NH)

John B.

Oct 7, 2021, 6:16:26 PM10/7/21
Tommy boy, you really do need to check your medication as quite
obviously the current pills just aren't working.

I talk about the men folk gathering at the drugstore after church
while wile women folks get the dinner on and you go on about the
universe... and get it wrong.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Tom Kunich

Oct 7, 2021, 6:28:42 PM10/7/21
Showing your moronic bent again. Define "Redneck"?

Tom Kunich

Oct 7, 2021, 6:31:39 PM10/7/21
Obviously your parents named you "John" for a reason. Or was that the people that knew you?

AMuzi

Oct 7, 2021, 8:21:17 PM10/7/21
On 10/7/2021 5:28 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> On Thursday, October 7, 2021 at 11:58:14 AM UTC-7, funkma...@hotmail.com wrote:
>> On Thursday, October 7, 2021 at 4:20:27 AM UTC-4, John B. wrote:

Easy.

For me it's 'people with whom it's easy to strike up a
conversation'.

For others it's 'people I dislike'

jbeattie

Oct 7, 2021, 9:46:14 PM10/7/21
Devil's brew? Hmmm. I went to the Benedictine brewery at Mt. Angel Abby last weekend and had some great 9% ABV Belgian Tripel made by monks. https://www.beervanablog.com/beervana/2019/9/1/benedictine-brewery-is-quickly-becoming

The hops have been harvested, but some were left behind, so I walked into the field and grabbed a cone. When you squeeze a hop cone, it smells surprisingly like marijuana. Satan is in the brew.

Mt. Angel goes nuts at Octoberfest: https://tinyurl.com/2mkpbrk The whole town turns into a beer tent. Bicycle content: they used to have a criterium during Octoberfest which was a hoot (I placed a couple of times), although you had to be wary of drunken revelers stumbling onto the course -- which is why I think they stopped it, or they just wanted the road back for other festivities. There is nothing like racing to a polka music.

-- Jay Beattie.

John B.

Oct 8, 2021, 2:15:12 AM10/8/21
On Thu, 7 Oct 2021 15:31:37 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
Well... perhaps my name is John but nobody made a poem about me
stealing pigs.
--
Cheers,

John B.

John B.

Oct 8, 2021, 2:33:22 AM10/8/21
On Thu, 7 Oct 2021 18:46:11 -0700 (PDT), jbeattie <jbeat...@msn.com>
wrote:
Well, yes.... however I come from an area that was dominated by a, one
say, "primitive" or perhaps "fundamentalist" Christian sect, not those
guys in skirts. And yes, in my youth drinking was vigorously preached
against. And they used to hang witches too (:-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

funkma...@hotmail.com

Oct 8, 2021, 5:55:53 AM10/8/21
look in the mirror - that's also the definition of 'hypocrite' and 'asshole', by the way.

funkma...@hotmail.com

Oct 8, 2021, 5:58:09 AM10/8/21
C'mon Jay, You know the catholics are satanists, just ask tommy!

funkma...@hotmail.com

Oct 8, 2021, 6:00:09 AM10/8/21
That's one of the most weird attempts at an insult I've seen tommy make, and that's saying a lot.

Tom Kunich

Oct 8, 2021, 11:15:41 AM10/8/21
Around here they have a brewery on practically every corner. That is the only businesses that are left in California. It is so bad that you can now get run over by city and AT&T trucks which used to be the safest drivers on the road. Under Gruesome, this state will be nothing but homeless in 2 years. Exactly what the Democrats want. This is the sort of state that Scharf thinks he can get ahead in.

Tom Kunich

Oct 8, 2021, 11:17:13 AM10/8/21
So, you love to use terms you believe are negative while not actually knowing what they mean. That isn't in the least surprising.

Frank Krygowski

Oct 8, 2021, 11:26:57 AM10/8/21
On 10/8/2021 11:15 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:

> Around here they have a brewery on practically every corner. That is the only businesses that are left in California. It is so bad that you can now get run over by city and AT&T trucks which used to be the safest drivers on the road. Under Gruesome, this state will be nothing but homeless in 2 years. Exactly what the Democrats want. This is the sort of state that Scharf thinks he can get ahead in.

So much misery and complaining!

Why haven't you moved out of that hellhole?

--
- Frank Krygowski

Tom Kunich

Oct 8, 2021, 11:49:54 AM10/8/21
Because unlike you I can afford to live here. I can afford not to be homeless. What are you intending to do when Biden deflates the value of the dollar so much that you can afford to buy what used to be a penny candy? Your hero is destroying your finances and you love him for it. Really brilliant plan on your part.

Tom Kunich

Oct 8, 2021, 11:56:36 AM10/8/21
Yesterday I did a 50 mile ride with 3,000 feet of climbing. On the way I saw a couple of new homes. One looked like an English manor complete with surrounding metal fence. No cars and you couldn't see anything in the windows - it was empty. No doubt another millionaire moved to Texas. Next to it was a MODERN home of probably 4,000 square feet. It too was plainly empty since it was largely glass and no furniture was visible nor curtains nor any other things that would be signs of habitation. This is Scharf's idea of heaven - a Democrat administration that just passed a law to allow election fraud.

jbeattie

Oct 8, 2021, 12:12:28 PM10/8/21
Dude, it smells like opportunity! If everyone is moving to Texas, that means more cheap houses for you. Dump that POS ranch and move to something more worthy of your status. Move to Alamo. Remember the Alamo . . . California.

-- Jay Beattie.

sms

Oct 8, 2021, 1:15:58 PM10/8/21
On 10/8/2021 9:12 AM, jbeattie wrote:

<snip>

> Dude, it smells like opportunity! If everyone is moving to Texas, that means more cheap houses for you. Dump that POS ranch and move to something more worthy of your status. Move to Alamo. Remember the Alamo . . . California.

Wow, a couple of new homes where the owners have not yet moved in and
Tom concludes that the owners bought the houses, moved to Texas, and are
leaving the houses empty. Someone is a few beers short of a six pack.

Reality is different of course. Single family homes in the Bay Area are
fetching ridiculously high prices, while high-density rental housing is
suffering as those unable to afford Bay Area prices buy houses in San
Joaquin County and some of the far reaches of Contra Costa County,
rather than pay high rent for an apartment. Remote working and EVs make
this paradigm a lot more practical.

While Tesla may be moving their headquarters to Texas, their
manufacturing plant in Fremont is expanding, and their R&D will remain
in Palo Alto. Even though Austin is not as bad as the rest of Texas,
because it's Democratic, it still is not a place that a lot of people
that are used to California, want to live, see
<https://outline.com/g3XcED>. High property taxes, expensive
electricity, expensive water, and lack of outdoor recreation may not
make up for the lower house prices.

Tom Kunich

Oct 8, 2021, 1:24:21 PM10/8/21
Tell me Jay, what is preventing you from doing so?

Tom Kunich

Oct 8, 2021, 1:26:21 PM10/8/21
Scharf continues to show his insanity. Those homes had people living in them for more than a year. Why do you feel the need to invent your stories from whole cloth? Is this why you couldn't get re-elected? Too many people saw you for what you are?

funkma...@hotmail.com

Oct 8, 2021, 1:27:46 PM10/8/21
Go ahead sparky, wear that redneck badge loud and proud
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redneck
"Redneck is a derogatory term chiefly, but not exclusively, applied to white Americans perceived to be crass and unsophisticated, closely associated with rural whites of the Southern United States."

Still laughing _at_ you
https://youtu.be/RboPCdiP_AI

AMuzi

Oct 8, 2021, 1:33:02 PM10/8/21
I don't know and I have no opinion.

But one might easily type the address into any of a dozen
realtor websites to see the sale date/price history.

Frank Krygowski

Oct 8, 2021, 1:33:46 PM10/8/21
On 10/8/2021 11:49 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> On Friday, October 8, 2021 at 8:26:57 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
>> On 10/8/2021 11:15 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
>>>
>>> Around here they have a brewery on practically every corner. That is the only businesses that are left in California. It is so bad that you can now get run over by city and AT&T trucks which used to be the safest drivers on the road. Under Gruesome, this state will be nothing but homeless in 2 years. Exactly what the Democrats want. This is the sort of state that Scharf thinks he can get ahead in.
>> So much misery and complaining!
>>
>> Why haven't you moved out of that hellhole?
>
> Because unlike you I can afford to live here.

Tom, that's insane. "This place is absolutely terrible and getting
worse, but I'm not moving because I can afford to live here."

It would make sense only in one circumstance: If you couldn't afford to
live anywhere else.

Based on your frequent complaining, I suppose that may be true. And if
so, I feel sorry for you - or I would, if you weren't so perfectly
obnoxious.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Tom Kunich

Oct 8, 2021, 1:34:06 PM10/8/21
So you don't know what a redneck is so you have to resort to looking it up in Wikipedia which also has it all screwed up. Was that YOUR entry?

Tom Kunich

Oct 8, 2021, 1:36:11 PM10/8/21
When are you going to react to your pension becoming nothing? Are you planning on moving?

funkma...@hotmail.com

Oct 8, 2021, 1:51:10 PM10/8/21
It may be just me, but tommy seems to be getting more entertaining by the day.

sms

Oct 8, 2021, 2:30:49 PM10/8/21
On 10/8/2021 10:32 AM, AMuzi wrote:

<snip>

> I don't know and I have no opinion.
>
> But one might easily type the address into any of a dozen realtor
> websites to see the sale date/price history.

Tom is wrong of course™.

One issue in California, as well as in other places, is investors buying
up properties and not living in them and not renting them out. In
Vancouver there's a tax for keeping property empty, and proposals for
something similar in California, though it's not clear that it would be
legal, see
<https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article240480226.html>.

There's also a huge glut of empty rental properties because with the
current rental market so poor, property owners in areas with rent
control are reluctant to get locked into a low base rent. San Francisco
suffers a lot from this problem because it's been one of the hardest hit
cities in terms of an exodus of businesses and residents. Also, if
people inherit a house from their parents, there's the issue of what to
do with it, it sometimes makes sense to keep it and leave it empty,
depending on the location, than to pay capital gains taxes on a sale, or
to rent it out and get stuck with tenants forever, especially in cities
like San Francisco.

There are more than a million empty housing units in California and it's
ludicrous for anyone to believe that those property owners have moved to
Texas; just another fabrication by our favorite troll.

The same kind of thing is happening in other cities. In New York City,
where at some of the most expensive condo high-rises, most units are
empty: "the agents considered it a selling point that most of the
apartments that had been sold remained empty, because they were
investments—“a new global currency,”"
<https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2021/03/08/andi-schmieds-billionaire-espionage-art-project>.

jbeattie

Oct 8, 2021, 2:40:35 PM10/8/21
What, move to Alamo? Why would I do that -- well, except the weather is nicer, sometimes. It's gorgeous here today, and a giant view of Mt. Hood coming into work: https://tinyurl.com/4ja6nsw I was tired and took the e-bike, which is still a good workout if you push hard over the hills. You just go a lot faster.

E-bike story: so, on Tuesday I brought the e-bike to work, stayed late, and when I went down into the racks after work, I had a front flat, which I thought was basically impossible with the 47mm truck tires with puncture guard. I had no flat repair kit, no pump -- no nothing because I spaced all that stuff out. Totally my fault. Bike Gallery was closed, and (without even checking my phone), I decided to ride up to the PSU Bike Hub (college bike shop) thinking it might be open for night classes. https://tinyurl.com/7d8c5mvf So I ride the six blocks to the Bike Hub on a flat front tire, and the shop is closed -- but it does have a floor pump bolted to the sidewalk out front, so after only 125 strokes on a beater, outdoor pump, I got the tire up to 60 PSI, jumped on the bike and throttled myself for the four-five mile remaining commute -- and got within two blocks of home before going totally flat again. I have since gotten on the Specialized website and ordered a bunch of tubes, patches, CO2 inflators for my bike and my wife's e-bike. Employee pricing is great! The flat was caused by a glass shard that had fretted through the casing. It was a bitch to find with the deep tread, and you couldn't see it from the inside.

-- Jay Beattie.

Tom Kunich

Oct 8, 2021, 3:16:39 PM10/8/21
"Tom is wrong of course" Tell me Scharf, do you even know the properties I was talking about? If not perhaps you could explain how you could possibly know I was wrong?

John B.

Oct 8, 2021, 7:11:33 PM10/8/21
On Fri, 8 Oct 2021 03:00:07 -0700 (PDT), "funkma...@hotmail.com"
Well when you are thrashing around trying to think of a defense for
being shown to be a liar it is "Any port in a storm".

--
Cheers,

John B.

It is loading more messages.