Google Groups no longer supports new Usenet posts or subscriptions. Historical content remains viewable.
Dismiss

Another bike

20 views
Skip to first unread message

Tom Kunich

unread,
May 29, 2023, 3:36:01 PM5/29/23
to
If I could sell the two bikes I presently have extra - the Trek Alpha 1.5 and the Cannondale Optimum gravel bike with disks, there are a couple of interesting bikes on Ebay One of the steel framesets I presently have just doesn't ride well enough, especially when compared to the Land Shark. So I might also strip the parts off of it and sell that rather nice frameset. The geometry on it simply is not good for someone as slow as I am. When I'm climbing this stuff around here it is wobbling all over. Descending it is fine. A Steelman or Serotta are better in this category.

Surely Frank who is now not a bicyclist anymore but an electric car driver and motorcyclist will have some stupid comment or other about hobbies of someone else. He seems to have nothing else on his mind except sticking his nose into the business of others.

Frank Krygowski

unread,
May 29, 2023, 9:24:00 PM5/29/23
to
On 5/29/2023 3:35 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> If I could sell the two bikes I presently have extra - the Trek Alpha 1.5 and the Cannondale Optimum gravel bike with disks, there are a couple of interesting bikes on Ebay One of the steel framesets I presently have just doesn't ride well enough, especially when compared to the Land Shark. So I might also strip the parts off of it and sell that rather nice frameset. The geometry on it simply is not good for someone as slow as I am. When I'm climbing this stuff around here it is wobbling all over. Descending it is fine. A Steelman or Serotta are better in this category.
>
> Surely Frank who is now not a bicyclist anymore but an electric car driver and motorcyclist will have some stupid comment or other about hobbies of someone else. He seems to have nothing else on his mind except sticking his nose into the business of others.

Good luck, Tom. May you someday find happiness.

--
- Frank Krygowski

AMuzi

unread,
May 30, 2023, 9:20:07 AM5/30/23
to
[raises hand]

It's easy to find Happiness. They are on Trip Advisor:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.kr/Attraction_Review-g293916-d13188687-Reviews-Happiness_Massage-Bangkok.html

There's even a map on that page.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>
Open every day since 1 April, 1971


Tom Kunich

unread,
May 30, 2023, 3:49:43 PM5/30/23
to
Krygowski was so outstandingly happy with his automobile that he bought a new one powered by electricity and liable to explode into flames at any time. He is so happy with his bicycle that he has bought a motorcycle. He continues to churn away making bad decision after bad decision and telling us that my hohby is senseless. Poor little Frank.

Frank Krygowski

unread,
May 30, 2023, 4:32:35 PM5/30/23
to
On 5/30/2023 3:49 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
>> On 5/29/2023 8:22 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
>>> On 5/29/2023 3:35 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
>>>> If I could sell the two bikes I presently have extra - the
>>>> Trek Alpha 1.5 and the Cannondale Optimum gravel bike with
>>>> disks, there are a couple of interesting bikes on Ebay One
>>>> of the steel framesets I presently have just doesn't ride
>>>> well enough, especially when compared to the Land Shark.
>>>> So I might also strip the parts off of it and sell that
>>>> rather nice frameset. The geometry on it simply is not
>>>> good for someone as slow as I am. When I'm climbing this
>>>> stuff around here it is wobbling all over. Descending it
>>>> is fine. A Steelman or Serotta are better in this category.
>>>>
>>>> Surely Frank who is now not a bicyclist anymore but an
>>>> electric car driver and motorcyclist will have some stupid
>>>> comment or other about hobbies of someone else. He seems
>>>> to have nothing else on his mind except sticking his nose
>>>> into the business of others.
>>>
>>> Good luck, Tom. May you someday find happiness.
>>>
>
> Krygowski was so outstandingly happy with his automobile that he bought a new one powered by electricity and liable to explode into flames at any time. He is so happy with his bicycle that he has bought a motorcycle. He continues to churn away making bad decision after bad decision and telling us that my hohby is senseless.

None of that made any sense, Tom.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Lou Holtman

unread,
May 31, 2023, 2:14:44 AM5/31/23
to
On Monday, May 29, 2023 at 9:36:01 PM UTC+2, Tom Kunich wrote:
> If I could sell the two bikes I presently have extra - the Trek Alpha 1.5 and the Cannondale Optimum gravel bike with disks, there are a couple of interesting bikes on Ebay One of the steel framesets I presently have just doesn't ride well enough, especially when compared to the Land Shark. So I might also strip the parts off of it and sell that rather nice frameset. The geometry on it simply is not good for someone as slow as I am. When I'm climbing this stuff around here it is wobbling all over. Descending it is fine. A Steelman or Serotta are better in this category.
>
> Surely Frank who is now not a bicyclist anymore but an electric car driver and motorcyclist will have some stupid comment or other about hobbies of someone else. He seems to have nothing else on his mind except sticking his nose into the business of others.


This one ?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RjxRXkmD17M

Lou

Tom Kunich

unread,
May 31, 2023, 10:11:17 AM5/31/23
to
That is a new Tommasini Fire X. Mine is a Fire, If is a terrific ride without any weaknesses for someone as slow as I am. But I am a rim brake man and the newer bikes have progressively worse and worse geometry for older, slower riders. Also I am not a fan of internal cables since that all adds friction to the rotation of the fork.

I just discovered that somehow the front shift inner cable is broken off as it comes out of the front derailleur. I have no idea how that may have happened since it was never over--tightened. It must have been when it was being adjusted to get full swing and then broke off later from the leg hitting it and flexing it back and forth. Its been so cold around here that I'm wearing tights most of the time and may not have felt it.

I've been riding the Moser a lot lately. I tried Silca's inflation advice and run the pressure at 90 psi and it did roll easier and I couldn't tell much difference in the absorption of bumps. I took an exploration of some closed roads yesterday and since they were fenced off I could use the entire road, The first part of it the cliff had collapsed down on the road and the second part of it the downhill side of the road had collapsed downhill. But I was safe enough being able to use the entire road. I had been planning on taking a hiking trail that bypassed this section of road but when I arrived that trail had apparently been seriously damaged and there were - TRAIL CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE - DO NOT ENTER - signs present. Another way of bypassing all of that would be the Lake Chabot Trail, but it has a 25% climb in several sections that are too easy to flip over backwards on. If you stand you lose rear traction and it you sit you have the front wheel lift. So you have to sit forward but not enough to lose rear traction. And I wasn't up to that yesterday.
0 new messages