Shimano RSX--derailleur cable-help

James Cassatt

Mar 6, 2004, 5:18:06 PM3/6/04
I am trying to change the rear derailleur cable on a road bike
equipped with Shimano RSX 8 speed STI shifters. It is not at all
clear how to get the old cable off. For the front shifter the cable
slides out of a hole on the outboard side. However, pushing on the
loose rear cable just seems to push it into the housing. Help

Thanks

Jim

Sheldon Brown

Mar 6, 2004, 5:55:01 PM3/6/04
James Cassatt wrote:

Rear is the same, but with each of them you need to shift to the
slackest cable position first, (low front, high rear) to get the access
hole to line up.

Sheldon "Easier Than You Might Expect" Brown
| Give a man a fire, and he will stay warm for a day. |
| Set a man on fire, he stays warm for the rest of his life. |
Phone 617-244-9772 FAX 617-244-1041
http://harriscyclery.com
Hard-to-find parts shipped Worldwide

Evan

Mar 7, 2004, 12:51:02 PM3/7/04
I'm also having a problem. I got the cable changed on my RSX 7-speed
STI shifter, but couldn't get it to shift the rear derailleur, so I
tightened the cable, and continued to do so as the shifter still
failed to shift. Eventually, it stopped even pulling the cable, now,
I can't get the shifter to slacken the cable, nor can I see the cable
in its usual track inside the shifter.

Evan