Google Группы больше не поддерживают новые публикации и подписки в сети Usenet. Опубликованный ранее контент останется доступен.

Derailleur News

55 просмотров

AMuzi

не прочитано,
18 нояб. 2021 г., 13:19:4418.11.2021
Those crazy innovative humans !

https://bikerumor.com/lal-bikes-supre-drive-splits-the-traditional-derailleur-for-high-pivot-mountain-bikes/
--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

Sir Ridesalot

не прочитано,
18 нояб. 2021 г., 13:31:5718.11.2021
Look at all those nice moving parts to catch a pant leg in.

Cheers

Frank Krygowski

не прочитано,
18 нояб. 2021 г., 13:55:5018.11.2021
On 11/18/2021 1:19 PM, AMuzi wrote:
> Those crazy innovative humans !
>
> https://bikerumor.com/lal-bikes-supre-drive-splits-the-traditional-derailleur-for-high-pivot-mountain-bikes/

To borrow Jeff's word: It looks complexicated! The aesthetic opposite of
a single speed, eh?

But the derailleur portion does look more protected. I was kind of
intrigued by one brief SunTour attempt at mounting the derailleur ahead
of the axle and sort of inboard of the right chainstay, like a Nivex.

(Why do I waste brain space by knowing "Nivex"?)

--
- Frank Krygowski

AMuzi

не прочитано,
18 нояб. 2021 г., 14:28:2118.11.2021
Or the always creative Oscar Egg with his Osgear:
https://www.speedbicycles.ch/velo/528/speed_077.jpg

jbeattie

не прочитано,
18 нояб. 2021 г., 14:29:1618.11.2021
On Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 10:19:44 AM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
> Those crazy innovative humans !
>
> https://bikerumor.com/lal-bikes-supre-drive-splits-the-traditional-derailleur-for-high-pivot-mountain-bikes/

I saw that story in a different news feed from pinkbike: https://www.pinkbike.com/news/first-look-lal-bikes-supre-drive-splitting-a-derailleur-in-half-before-it-happens-on-the-trail.html The comments are far more insightful and many are positive. I guess ruining a RDs is a common thing for the Enduro/DH set. It has no use on a road bike, or at least no benefit that outweighs the complexity.

-- Jay Beattie.

Frank Krygowski

не прочитано,
18 нояб. 2021 г., 15:27:1318.11.2021
Hmm. I don't know anything about that one.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Ralph Barone

не прочитано,
18 нояб. 2021 г., 15:32:0818.11.2021
Why would somebody take a picture of a derailleur from the non drive side?

AMuzi

не прочитано,
18 нояб. 2021 г., 16:29:3718.11.2021
Channeling Oscar Egg maybe? Everyone else does it the other
way around. That's reason enough!

Tom Kunich

не прочитано,
18 нояб. 2021 г., 18:35:1118.11.2021
+1

Rolf Mantel

не прочитано,
19 нояб. 2021 г., 04:29:0519.11.2021
Am 18.11.2021 um 19:55 schrieb Frank Krygowski:
> On 11/18/2021 1:19 PM, AMuzi wrote:
>> Those crazy innovative humans !
>>
>> https://bikerumor.com/lal-bikes-supre-drive-splits-the-traditional-derailleur-for-high-pivot-mountain-bikes/
>
> To borrow Jeff's word: It looks complexicated! The aesthetic opposite of
> a single speed, eh?

Also, thinking of efficiency, the main advantage of the traditional
derailleur design is the straight chain route on the power side where
all "frills" are on the return side.

On my ZOX FWD recumbent, the big "chain deflector" is also a massive
cause of noise.

Tom Kunich

не прочитано,
19 нояб. 2021 г., 10:32:3119.11.2021
But there is clearly a reason for it. Apparently downhill racers were throwing chains because of the differential length of the chain over the length of suspension. Though I would think that they could come up with a better answer.

Simon S Aysdie

не прочитано,
19 нояб. 2021 г., 17:48:1219.11.2021
On Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 10:19:44 AM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
That's a lot of chain wrap.

Tom Kunich

не прочитано,
19 нояб. 2021 г., 17:52:3619.11.2021
Agreed but you can see that the chain doesn't sustain any stretching loads from the motion of the suspension. Or very little.

Ralph Barone

не прочитано,
19 нояб. 2021 г., 23:23:5119.11.2021
On the plus side, the more chain you have, the longer it takes to wear it
out.

Tom Kunich

не прочитано,
20 нояб. 2021 г., 10:48:4620.11.2021
On the minus side - the more expensive it is to replace.
0 новых сообщений