Buying a kid's bike

Frank Krygowski

Jul 29, 2022, 10:06:19 PM7/29/22
It looks like I have another opportunity to buy a kid's bike, this one
for a slightly undersized 8 year old.

It's always a bit complicated. I'd like to get something of better than
typical quality, lower than typical weight. I'd actually prefer a hub
gear over a derailleur, but that's not mandatory. (Hub gears can permit
coaster brakes, something I like as an addition to hand brakes for a
little kid.)

Any advice before I start the search? (I'd like to make the purchase
before another family member does.)

--
- Frank Krygowski