Test

John B.

Sep 21, 2016, 3:47:26 AM9/21/16

Pardon, another test
--
cheers,

John

Frank Krygowski

Sep 21, 2016, 4:13:06 PM9/21/16
On 9/21/2016 3:47 AM, John B. wrote:

> Pardon, another test

Did we pass?

--
- Frank Krygowski

John B.

Sep 21, 2016, 9:06:22 PM9/21/16
On Wed, 21 Sep 2016 16:13:05 -0400, Frank Krygowski
<frkr...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On 9/21/2016 3:47 AM, John B. wrote:
>>
>> Pardon, another test
>
>Did we pass?

Actually a couple of our avid posters failed and thus now reside in
the "round file" :-)
--
cheers,

John B.

EdwardDolan

Sep 29, 2016, 3:29:02 AM9/29/16
"John B." wrote in message
You are having trouble connecting to the newsgroup because you have
offended the gods of New Guinea. You have told falsehoods about how life is
lived there. Yes, it is primitive , but it is not stuck in the mud. Every
square inch of New Guinea has been thoroughly explored and trod by man. In
fact, there is no place on earth which has not been trod by man, excepting
for areas of Antarctica. Get right with the gods of New Guinea by admitting
the truth of what Ed Dolan the Great has to say about the situation of
mankind on this earth and all will be well with your posts to Usenet.

More importantly, seer the following words into your addled brain if you
wish to be favored by the gods of New Guinea:

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great – Minnesota

cycl...@gmail.com

Oct 19, 2016, 2:49:45 PM10/19/16
Ed, I guess more or less. But there are in fact plenty of small areas such as areas of the Rockies and Andes and almost the whole of Antarctica which have never see man's footprint. Though I'm sure that won't last long on a globe with a population of 7 billion living souls.

EdwardDolan

Oct 20, 2016, 12:35:34 AM10/20/16
[...]

Edward Dolan wrote:

> You [John B.] are having trouble  connecting to the newsgroup because you have
> offended the gods of New Guinea. You have told falsehoods about how life is
> lived there. Yes, it is primitive, but it is not stuck in the mud. Every
> square inch of New Guinea has been thoroughly explored and trod by man. In
> fact, there is no place on earth which has not been trod by man, excepting
> for areas of Antarctica. Get right with the gods of New Guinea by admitting
> the truth of what Ed Dolan the Great has to say about the situation of
> mankind on this earth and all will be well with your posts to Usenet.
>
> More importantly, sear the following words into your addled brain if you
> wish to be favored by the gods of New Guinea:
>
> Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.
>
> Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?
>
> Ed Dolan the Great – Minnesota

>> Ed, I guess more or less. But there are in fact plenty of small areas such as areas of the Rockies and Andes and almost the whole of Antarctica which have never see man's footprint. Though I'm sure that won't last long on a globe with a population of 7 billion living souls.

Primitive man explored every nook and cranny on earth (I will give you Antarctica) in order to wrest a living from the land as hunters and gatherers. John B. was arguing that he believed there were areas of New Guniea (West Papua) which had never seen man’s footprint. This could actually be true for civilized man, but it certainly was not true for primitive man. The time scale here is a hundred thousand years more or less.

Natural trails in a wilderness setting is a precious and increasingly rare resource and should never be violated by any other means than walking. This is an experience that connects us to our remote past on this earth. A few modern conveniences does not mitigate this experience although John B. thinks it does. Frankly, a walk in the wilderness on a single track trail renews the soul even if we are doing it on hiking boots. It is important that this not be done on a bicycle. That will give you a totally different experience and is not connected to anything having to do with our past as a primate species.

Ed Dolan