The high cost of mountain biking!

EdwardDolan

Jun 25, 2016, 6:48:46 AM6/25/16
Can you imagine the stupidity of anyone crazy enough to spend thousands of
dollars on a bike just to be able to ride single track trails when you can
walk them for free. If you can, then join the club of ultimate Assholes -
Mountain Bikers! Not only do they spend this kind of money, but they also
manage to injure and kill themselves doing it. It is the ultimate
Jackassery!

Further, can you imagine spending $9000 and then having no
good place to ride it? (psychologists call that
"Cognitive Dissonance"). That's why mountain
bikers are always beating the bushes to find or make new trails which is a
criminal activity.

I say not only death to mountain biking, but death to mountain bikers
themselves. I rejoice when I hear of their mishaps - which prove to be on
unending stream of reports in the media.

Cannondale 2015 Mountain Bikes:

2015 CANNONDALE Jekyll Carbon 2 $3,100
2015 CANNONDALE Trigger Carbon Black Inc. $7,800
2015 CANNONDALE Trigger Carbon Team $5300
2015 CANNONDALE Trigger Carbon 2 $3,100
2015 CANNONDALE Trigger 29 Carbon Team $5,100
2015 CANNONDALE Trigger 29 Carbon 2 $3,100
2015 CANNONDALE Scalpel 29 Carbon Black Inc. $8,900
2015 CANNONDALE Scalpel 29 Carbon Team $5,600
2015 CANNONDALE Scalpel 29 Carbon 2 $2,900
2015 CANNONDALE F-Si Carbon Black Inc. $8,300
2015 CANNONDALE F-Si Carbon Team $5,600
2015 CANNONDALE F-Si Carbon 1 $4,000

Cannondale 2015 Road Bikes:
2015 CANNONDALE SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team $6,200
2015 CANNONDALE SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Dura Ace Di2 $5,100
2015 CANNONDALE SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD RED, Racing Edition $3,500
2015 CANNONDALE SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Dura Ace 2 $2,400
2015 CANNONDALE Synapse Hi-MOD Black Inc. Disc $6,200
2015 CANNONDALE Synapse Hi-MOD SRAM Red Disc $4,000
2015 CANNONDALE Synapse Hi-MOD Ultegra Disc $2,400
2015 CANNONDALE Slice Dura Ace Di2 $5,100
2015 CANNONDALE Slice Ultegra Di2 $2,200
2015 CANNONDALE SuperX Hi-MOD SRAM Red Disc $2,900
2015 CANNONDALE SuperSix EVO Women's Hi-MOD Black Inc. $5,100
2015 CANNONDALE Slice Women's Di2 Ultegra $2,200
2015 CANNONDALE Synapse Hi-MOD Women's Black Inc. $4,500

Specialized 2015 Mountain Bikes:

2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS EPIC 29 WORLD CUP $7,500
2015 SPECIALIZED EPIC ELITE CARBON WORLD CUP $2,500
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS STUMPJUMPER 29 $6,300
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS STUMPJUMPER 29 WORLD CUP $4,800
2015 SPECIALIZED STUMPJUMPER EXPERT CARBON WORLD CUP $2,000
2015 SPECIALIZED STUMPJUMPER EXPERT CARBON 29 $2,000
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS CAMBER 29 $6,400
2015 SPECIALIZED CAMBER EXPERT CARBON 29 $2,900
2015 SPECIALIZED CAMBER EXPERT CARBON EVO 29 $2,900
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS STUMPJUMPER FSR 29 $6,500
2015 SPECIALIZED STUMPJUMPER FSR EXPERT CARBON 29 $2,900
2015 SPECIALIZED STUMPJUMPER FSR EXPERT CARBON EVO 29 $2,900
2015 SPECIALIZED STUMPJUMPER FSR EXPERT CARBON EVO 650B $2,900
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS ENDURO 29 $6,300
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS ENDURO 650B $6,300
2015 SPECIALIZED ENDURO EXPERT CARBON 29 $3,600
2015 SPECIALIZED ENDURO EXPERT CARBON 650B $3,600
2015 SPECIALIZED ENDURO EXPERT EVO 650B $3,600
2015 SPECIALIZED ENDURO ELITE 29 $2,000
2015 SPECIALIZED ENDURO ELITE 650B $2,000
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS DEMO 8 $6,000
2015 SPECIALIZED DEMO 8 II $3,800
2015 SPECIALIZED DEMO 8 I CARBON $3,500
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS ERA 29 $8,000
2015 SPECIALIZED ERA EXPERT CARBON 29 $3,300
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS FATE CARBON 29 $5,500
2015 SPECIALIZED RUMOR EXPERT EVO 29 $2,000

Specialized 2015 Road Bikes:
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS TARMAC DURA-ACE $5,250
2015 SPECIALIZED TARMAC PRO DISC RACE $3,200
2015 SPECIALIZED TARMAC PRO RACE $2,600
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS ALLEZ DI2 $5,000
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS VENGE DURA-ACE DI2 $6,500
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS VENGE DURA-ACE $5,000
2015 SPECIALIZED VENGE PRO RACE $2,500
2015 SPECIALIZED VENGE LUNCH RACE $2,500
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS ROUBAIX SL4 DISC DI2 $6,500
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS ROUBAIX SL4 DURA-ACE $5,000
2015 SPECIALIZED ROUBAIX SL4 PRO DISC RACE UDI2 $4,500
2015 SPECIALIZED ROUBAIX SL4 PRO DISC RACE $3,000
2015 SPECIALIZED ROUBAIX SL4 PRO RACE $2,500
2015 SPECIALIZED DIVERGE CARBON DI2 $5,500
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS SHIV DI2 $8,000
2015 SPECIALIZED SHIV PRO RACE $3,750
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS CRUX EVO DI2 $7,000
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS CRUX DI2 $6,500
2015 SPECIALIZED CRUX PRO RACE UDI2 $4,300
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS AMIRA SL4 $5,000
2015 SPECIALIZED AMIRA SL4 PRO RACE $2,600
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS RUBY $5,000
2015 SPECIALIZED RUBY PRO DISC DI2 $3,800
2015 SPECIALIZED ALIAS PRO TRI $3,000

Trek 2015 Road Bikes:
2015 Trek Custom Émonda SLR $8,900
2015 Trek Émonda SLR 10 $12,700
2015 Trek Émonda SLR 9 $9,000
2015 Trek Émonda SLR 9 WSD $9,000
2015 Trek Émonda SLR 8 $4,400
2015 Trek Émonda SLR 6 $2,200
2015 Trek Custom Madone 7 Series $8,500
2015 Trek Madone 7.9 $8,500
2015 Trek Madone 7.9 WSD $8,500
2015 Trek Madone 7.7 $4,200
2015 Trek Custom Silque SSL $3,500
2015 Trek Silque SSL $3,500
2015 Trek Custom Domane 6 Series $3,800
2015 Trek Domane 6.9 Disc $4,800
2015 Trek Domane 6.9 $4,200
2015 Trek Domane 6.2 Disc $2,100
2015 Trek Boone 9 Disc $3,200
2015 Trek Crockett 9 Disc $2,200
2015 Trek Custom Speed Concept 9 Series $8,500
2015 Trek Speed Concept 9.9 $8,500
2015 Trek Speed Concept 9.8 $4,800
2015 Trek Speed Concept 9.5 $3,000
2015 Trek Speed Concept 9.5 WSD $3,000

Trek 2015 Mountain Bikes:
2015 Trek Custom Superfly FS 9.9 SL $5,300
2015 Trek Superfly FS 9.9 SL XTR $5,300
2015 Trek Superfly FS 9.9 SL XX1 $6,400
2015 Trek Superfly FS 9.8 SL $2,200
2015 Trek Custom Superfly 9.9 SL $4,300
2015 Trek Superfly 9.9 SL XTR $4,300
2015 Trek Superfly 9.9 SL XX1 $5,300
2015 Trek Superfly 9.8 SL $2,000
2015 Trek Lush Carbon 27.5 $2,500
2015 Trek Remedy 9.9 27.5 $5,300
2015 Trek Remedy 9.8 27.5 $2,500
2015 Trek Remedy 9.9 29 $5,300
2015 Trek Remedy 9.8 29 $2,500
2015 Trek Custom Fuel EX 9.9 29 $5,300
2015 Trek Fuel EX 9.9 29 XTR $5,300
2015 Trek Fuel EX 9.9 29 XX1 $6,400
2015 Trek Fuel EX 9.8 29 $2,200
2015 Trek Fuel EX 9.9 27.5 Di2 $6,400
2015 Trek Fuel EX 9.9 27.5 $5,300
2015 Trek Fuel EX 9.8 27.5 $2,200
2015 Trek Slash 9.9 27.5 $5,300
2015 Trek Slash 9.8 27.5 $2,700
2015 Trek Session 9.9 DH 27.5 $5,900
2015 Trek Session 9.8 Park 26 $3,800
2015 Trek Session 88 DH 27.5 $2,200

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great – Minnesota

John B.

Jun 26, 2016, 1:45:45 AM6/26/16
On Sat, 25 Jun 2016 05:48:51 -0500, "EdwardDolan" <edo...@iw.net>
wrote:

>Can you imagine the stupidity of anyone crazy enough to spend thousands of
>dollars on a bike just to be able to ride single track trails when you can
>walk them for free. If you can, then join the club of ultimate Assholes -
>Mountain Bikers! Not only do they spend this kind of money, but they also
>manage to injure and kill themselves doing it. It is the ultimate
>Jackassery!
>
>Further, can you imagine spending $9000 and then having no
>good place to ride it? (psychologists call that
>"Cognitive Dissonance"). That's why mountain
>bikers are always beating the bushes to find or make new trails which is a
>criminal activity.
>
>I say not only death to mountain biking, but death to mountain bikers
>themselves. I rejoice when I hear of their mishaps - which prove to be on
>unending stream of reports in the media.
>

>Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.
>
>Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?
>
>Ed Dolan the Great – Minnesota

Ah, welcome back Eddy, we've missed you and, while it may be old age,
we'd completely forgotten about a bicycle having wheels. Thank you for
remind us. It certainly is embarrassing to be a cyclist and forget
about the wheels.

I did delete your pretentious posting of the cost of those demon
mountain bikes, but I'm afraid that you missed some important costs.

You see, I did a little research and have discovered that the "hikers"
are also paying large sums of money to equip themselves for their
arduous trips

From what I read, the basic equipment for the serious hiker is some
$1241.00. Just to take a walk in the woods.

This itemized list shows the following:

Hiking boots Saloman - $240

Pole Leki carbon fiber - $200
"The Leki Carbon Ti is a sweet lightweight pole that features the most
comfortable foam grip in our review."

Hat - Tilley LTM6 Airflo Hat - $84.00

Jacket - THERMOBALL\u2122 JACKET - $220

Shirt - MEN\u2019S EXPLORE FLEECE CREW Shirt - $40.00

Pack - Osprey Atmos 65 AG Pack - $259.95

Pants - Arc'teryx Gamma LT - $179

Socks - Lorpen PrimaLoft Midweight Hiker Crew Sock - $22

Underwear - Both men's and women's

Note: being a polite gentleman I did not feel it necessary to
investigate these intimate items of apparel but I did notice that they
come in both male and female versions and some of them have
"anti-chafe" properties.

It is interesting that while the modern hiker requires some $1,241 to
outfit himself for a walk in the woods The initial request for funding
the Lewis and Clark expedition that hiked over half way across the
entire U.S. was $2,500.

I thought the description of the $200 hiking with the comfortable foam
grip, was particularly revealing. One can only assume that the modern
"hiker" is a rather effete individual with soft hands.

Can you imagine if one gets a blister on his/her finger? "Oh, Quick!
Call 911 and get me a helicopter ambulance to the hospital".

Another item of interest is "how do these hikers get to the forest?
Well being "trekkers" one would assume that they would walk, but
apparently they don't as every forest or park seems to have a large
parking lot. Strangely it appears that modern "trekkers" don't
actually trek.

It is apparent that the modern "Trekker" is a soft effete individual
with tender hands who drives to the forest, dons over a thousand
dollars of clothing and "treks" through the forest for, perhaps, 4
hours and then drives home imagining that he is a real men. And being
exhausted, goes to bed early.

How Pitiful you are.
--
cheers,

John B.

EdwardDolan

Jun 26, 2016, 4:31:03 AM6/26/16

wrote:

>Can you imagine the stupidity of anyone crazy enough to spend thousands of
>dollars on a bike just to be able to ride single track trails when you can
>walk them for free. If you can, then join the club of ultimate Assholes -
>Mountain Bikers! Not only do they spend this kind of money, but they also
>manage to injure and kill themselves doing it. It is the ultimate
>Jackassery!
>
>Further, can you imagine spending $9000 and then having no
>good place to ride it? (psychologists call that
>"Cognitive Dissonance"). That's why mountain
>bikers are always beating the bushes to find or make new trails which is a
>criminal activity.
>
>I say not only death to mountain biking, but death to mountain bikers
>themselves. I rejoice when I hear of their mishaps - which prove to be on
>unending stream of reports in the media.
>

>Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.
>
>Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?
>
>Ed Dolan the Great – Minnesota
[...]

I see that John B.(Bullshitter) has at long last posted some content, so he
will reap the reward of a reply.

>> I did delete your pretentious posting of the cost of those demon
mountain bikes, but I'm afraid that you missed some important costs.

Even I, a bicycles enthusiast, was taken aback by the cost of high end
bicycles these days!
All of the above listed costs for hiking are absurd, especially for day
hikes. But even overnight hikes do not cost much more. Any and all hiking
and camping gear that I have ever used were bought at stores like K-Mart and
Wal-Mart. What the hell are you blathering about anyway? And what the fuck
is a hiking pole?

>> Can you imagine if one gets a blister on his/her finger? "Oh, Quick!
Call 911 and get me a helicopter ambulance to the hospital".

An example here of John B.(Bullshitter) wit and humor. Anyone think this is
funny?

>> Another item of interest is "how do these hikers get to the forest?
Well being "trekkers" one would assume that they would walk, but
apparently they don't as every forest or park seems to have a large
parking lot. Strangely it appears that modern "trekkers" don't
actually trek.

If you tried to trek the highways and byways of this country you would not
last long. Too many motor vehicles.

>> It is apparent that the modern "Trekker" is a soft effete individual
with tender hands who drives to the forest, dons over a thousand
dollars of clothing and "treks" through the forest for, perhaps, 4
hours and then drives home imagining that he is a real men. And being
exhausted, goes to bed early.

I think you have just described yourself above. I hiked for a solid 10 years
all over the country when I was in the decade of my 30s, and I did it on a
shoe string. I never imagined I was a real man, but I did imagine that I was
gaining an experience of a human being connecting with the natural world and
with Mother Earth. In all that time, I NEVER encountered a single mountain
bike on any trail. I took all of that for granted, never realizing just how
rare an experience I had. Too bad idiots like you will never know what you
have missed.

>> How Pitiful you are.

Save it for yourself, you god damn fucking moron.

news16

Jun 26, 2016, 4:58:41 AM6/26/16
On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 03:31:01 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:

> And what the fuck is a hiking pole?

Our highest mountain is named after one of them.

John B.

Jun 26, 2016, 8:38:55 PM6/26/16
On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 08:58:40 -0000 (UTC), news16 <new...@woa.com.au>
wrote:

>On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 03:31:01 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:
>
>> And what the fuck is a hiking pole?
>
>Our highest mountain is named after one of them.

Gee, Old Eddy the "hiker" doesn't know what a hiking pole is? And
apparently he doesn't know how google search works either as when I
goggled on "hiking pole" I got 3,330,000 hits.

It sort of makes one wonder... is he really a hiker? If he is why
doesn't he know what a hiking pole is? After all nearly throe and a
half million other people know about hiking poles. But Eddie the Boy
doesn't.

Perhaps he isn't a hiker. Perhaps he is just a old foggy who wants to
get his name in the newspaper. After all hardly anyone knew his mentor
out there in California until he attacked a biker with a saw. Wow!~
Then he got his name in the news.

Maybe that is Eddie's plan. But being a bit cowardly it is obvious
that he is terrified going to jail as his hero did, so likely he is
sort of slinking around the edges of being a real, true, brave, anti
biker and to prove how intrepid he is he posted a cut and paste effort
listing many, many, mountain bikes and their prices.

Our hero the nemesis of the mountain bikers.

)or maybe just the local idiot)
--
cheers,

John B.

John B.

Jun 26, 2016, 8:38:58 PM6/26/16
On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 03:31:01 -0500, "EdwardDolan" <edo...@iw.net>
wrote:
Oh, you hiked for a decade? 10 years? Of hiking? No working? You must
have had very indulgent parents to support you for all those years.

And you "gaining an experience of a human being connecting with the
natural world and with Mother Earth".

What utter nonsense. Can you explain just what this "being connected
with the natural world" means? You lived under a tree and raised your
own food? Or maybe you cut down the primeval trees and built your own
cabin?

No, you didn't do that, what you actually did was wonder around, with
your stove bought gear, on trails built by someone else, and
fantasized that you were communing with nature.

The word commune, as you seem to use it means "communicate intimately
with; be in a state of heightened, intimate receptivity".

So, intimate reception... with a tree? Did you talk with them? Did
they answer?

Ed, even today there are a very large areas all over the world where
there actually is untouched wilderness. If this communing is such an
important thing why aren't you somewhere in Northern Canada, Alaska,
Borneo, maybe New Guinea, Mongolia, Tibet, to name a few. if you were
really "connecting with the natural world" wouldn't an actual
uninhabited wilderness provide a much more satisfying experience.

But you don't care for that do you. You don't actually want to go out
into the in primitive areas. Why they don't have air conditioning.

What you actually want some sort of pseudo primitive with little
cabins to sleep in, flush toilets and running water. Then you can
enjoy communing with nature... oh, don't forget the mosquito spray.

You appear to be either a complete phony or the sort of person who has
a pet rock.

>Save it for yourself, you god damn fucking moron.

So, you object hearing the truth, and reply with curses and filthy
language.

--
cheers,

John B.

EdwardDolan

Jun 27, 2016, 6:14:31 AM6/27/16

wrote:

>On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 03:31:01 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:
>
>> And what the fuck is a hiking pole?
>
>Our highest mountain is named after one of them.
>
>>> Gee, Old Eddy the "hiker" doesn't know what a hiking pole is? And
apparently he doesn't know how google search works either as when I
goggled on "hiking pole" I got 3,330,000 hits.

All you know is how to Google. You also have no idea of what "hits" are
about. The problem remains the same - you are an idiot!

>>> It sort of makes one wonder... is he really a hiker? If he is why
doesn't he know what a hiking pole is? After all nearly throe and a
half million other people know about hiking poles. But Eddie the Boy
doesn't.

And you have never heard of anyone who went hiking without a fucking hiking
pole? How about sticking one up your dumb ass.

>>> Perhaps he isn't a hiker. Perhaps he is just a old foggy who wants to
get his name in the newspaper. After all hardly anyone knew his mentor
out there in California until he attacked a biker with a saw. Wow!~
Then he got his name in the news.

Everyone in the mountain biking community knows full well the Great Mike
Vandeman - and they fear him besides. The kind of Assholes they don’t know
are imbeciles like you.

>>> Maybe that is Eddie's plan. But being a bit cowardly it is obvious
that he is terrified going to jail as his hero did, so likely he is
sort of slinking around the edges of being a real, true, brave, anti
biker and to prove how intrepid he is he posted a cut and paste effort
listing many, many, mountain bikes and their prices.

Careful, you could be sued for libel. Cut and paste saves lots of effort.
Why reinvent the wheel?

I am perfectly content to continue to kick dumb asses like yours. The only
cowards here are anonymous posters like you do not use their real names. Now
go fuck yourself and quit bothering the honorable members of this noble
newsgroup.
[...]

news16

Jun 27, 2016, 6:23:02 AM6/27/16
On Mon, 27 Jun 2016 05:14:31 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:

> "John B." wrote in message
>
> On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 08:58:40 -0000 (UTC), news16 <new...@woa.com.au>
> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 03:31:01 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:
>>
>>> And what the fuck is a hiking pole?
>>
>>Our highest mountain is named after one of them.

> apparently he doesn't know how google search works either as when I
> goggled on "hiking pole" I got 3,330,000 hits.
>
> All you know is how to Google. You also have no idea of what "hits" are
> about. The problem remains the same - you are an idiot!

Nope, Ed, you're the idiot. You got served with your own medicine and
walked right into the joke.

EdwardDolan

Jun 27, 2016, 6:55:34 AM6/27/16
"John B." wrote in message

When the hell are you ever going to learn how to edit a post?
[...]

Edward Dolan wrote:

>I think you have just described yourself above. I hiked for a solid 10
>years
>all over the country when I was in the decade of my 30s, and I did it on a
>shoe string. I never imagined I was a real man, but I did imagine that I
>was
>gaining an experience of a human being connecting with the natural world
>and
>with Mother Earth. In all that time, I NEVER encountered a single mountain
>bike on any trail. I took all of that for granted, never realizing just how
>rare an experience I had. Too bad idiots like you will never know what you
>have missed.

have had very indulgent parents to support you for all those years.

I was smart, something that I am sure no one has ever accused you of being.

natural world and with Mother Earth".

with the natural world" means? You lived under a tree and raised your
own food? Or maybe you cut down the primeval trees and built your own
cabin?

What are you - a survivalist? Jesus Christ Almighty - you are even dumber
than I thought possible. At least now I know who they make those dumb TV
programs for - like "naked and afraid".

A walk in a natural landscape is almost a religious experience, provided you
believe in that sort of thing. But to me, it is an experience of being
connected to the universe, one devoid of God. Even so, it is highly
spiritual. I pity poor slobs like you who do not have a clue about any of
this. But I want you and your god damn fucking bikes to stay off of single
track trails. You are desecrating my cathedrals. Fuck you and all you stand
for!

The following total idiocy deleted for the usual reasons.
[...]

there actually is untouched wilderness. If this communing is such an
important thing why aren't you somewhere in Northern Canada, Alaska,
Borneo, maybe New Guinea, Mongolia, Tibet, to name a few. if you were
really "connecting with the natural world" wouldn't an actual
uninhabited wilderness provide a much more satisfying experience.

No one needs "untouched wilderness". A relatively untouched wilderness is
all that any sane person ever needs to get a sense of our roots as a species
and of our place in the grand scheme of things. Or do you think we and the
universe sprang from the Head of God? There is nothing so refreshing as a
simple walk in the woods, or in the desert, or in any relatively untouched
landscape. Too bad you are too stupid to know any of this. Maybe try
rereading Thoreau to get a clue.

into the in primitive areas. Why they don't have air conditioning.

cabins to sleep in, flush toilets and running water. Then you can
enjoy communing with nature... oh, don't forget the mosquito spray.

a pet rock.

You have just described yourself in the above 3 paragraphs. The world of
hikers is closed to you just as it is to all those who mountain bike on
single track trails.

EdwardDolan

Jun 27, 2016, 7:07:22 AM6/27/16
"news16" wrote in message news:nkquq5$mon$6...@dont-email.me...
As usual, news16 is a man of few words, and those that he does post are
always a bit cryptic. What is this mountain that is named after a hiking
pole?

By the way, I was posting my contempt for those who feel a need for such a
ridiculous object as a hiking pole. Very funny that you did not pick up on
that.

John B.

Jun 27, 2016, 9:37:32 PM6/27/16
On Mon, 27 Jun 2016 05:55:33 -0500, "EdwardDolan" <edo...@iw.net>
wrote:
You know Eddy, I am becoming a bit suspicious of your claims of glory.

You tell us that back in the 1970's you essentially hiked for a
decade, communing with nature. This is a little puzzling as who
supported you while you were cavorting in the wilderness? Your mommy
and daddy? They paid your keep while you were stumbling around in the
bushes?

Now, I don't want to speak ill of someone's ancestors but even if you
were so obnoxious that they were willing to pay to get you out of the
house., still 10 years? Just to keep Eddie away far away? One might
say, that it does stretch the imagination, just a little.

Next you reveal that you don't know what a "hiking pole" is. An item
that millions of other hikers know, apparently intimately as a major
sales point seems to be that it has a soft and luxurious hand grip.

So, you claim, that you spent 10 years engaged is the wandering around
in the forest game and at the same time you have no knowledge of this,
apparently essential item that others are willing to pay two hundred
American dollars to obtain.

Strange, isn't it?

As they say, "you have to buy a copy of the program if you want to
know the players", but apparently you didn't buy a program

In short Eddie, you are looking more and more like a phony. A guy that
spent 10 years doing it and don't know the names of the gear? Sort of
like a bloke that tells you about how he spent his life as a mechanic
and when you mention a "wrench" he doesn't know what you are talking
about.....

Nope, Eddy, I think that you have "outed" yourself. Not a "hiker" but
just an decrepit old fool trying to play the game without knowing
anything about it.

No more Eddie the Great". It is "Edward the Phony".
--
cheers,

John B.

John B.

Jun 27, 2016, 9:44:36 PM6/27/16
On Mon, 27 Jun 2016 10:23:01 -0000 (UTC), news16 <new...@woa.com.au>
wrote:

>On Mon, 27 Jun 2016 05:14:31 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:
>
>> "John B." wrote in message
>>
>> On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 08:58:40 -0000 (UTC), news16 <new...@woa.com.au>
>> wrote:

>>>Our highest mountain is named after one of them.

>> apparently he doesn't know how google search works either as when I
>> goggled on "hiking pole" I got 3,330,000 hits.
>>
>> All you know is how to Google. You also have no idea of what "hits" are
>> about. The problem remains the same - you are an idiot!
>
>Nope, Ed, you're the idiot. You got served with your own medicine and
>walked right into the joke.

It isn't a joke really. It is sort of like a guy that wants to play
ball. So, after much whining the guys say, O.K., you can play and they
throw him this round thing and he says, "what's this?"

Nope, it is Edward the Phony from here on out.

Phony - "a person who professes beliefs and knowledge that he or she
does not hold in order to conceal his or her real motives"

What's the old saying, "If it fits, wear it"?
--
cheers,

John B.

news16

Jun 28, 2016, 2:35:04 AM6/28/16
On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 08:37:28 +0700, John B. wrote:

>>Ed Dolan the Great – Minnesota
>>

> You know Eddy, I am becoming a bit suspicious of your claims of glory.
>
> You tell us that back in the 1970's you essentially hiked for a decade,
> communing with nature. This is a little puzzling as who supported you
> while you were cavorting in the wilderness? Your mommy and daddy? They
> paid your keep while you were stumbling around in the bushes?

Wow, Ed was a remittance man. got a weekly income from Mummy and Daddy to
flick off somewhere and not embarass the family. Very common in the Pommy
toffs

John B.

Jun 28, 2016, 3:06:02 AM6/28/16
On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 06:35:04 -0000 (UTC), news16 <new...@woa.com.au>
wrote:

>On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 08:37:28 +0700, John B. wrote:
>

>>>Ed Dolan the Great ? Minnesota
>>>

>> You know Eddy, I am becoming a bit suspicious of your claims of glory.
>>
>> You tell us that back in the 1970's you essentially hiked for a decade,
>> communing with nature. This is a little puzzling as who supported you
>> while you were cavorting in the wilderness? Your mommy and daddy? They
>> paid your keep while you were stumbling around in the bushes?
>
>Wow, Ed was a remittance man. got a weekly income from Mummy and Daddy to
>flick off somewhere and not embarass the family. Very common in the Pommy
>toffs

I actually knew a "remittance man" or at least that is what we
surmised him to be. English bloke from up north someplace. I knew him
for ten years or more and in all that time I never heard him mention a
job. Plenty of tales about having lived in hippy communes, visited
Ireland, travels in Scotland, etc., lived on the beach with a girl,
but never a mention of a job, or work.

It was obvious that he had some sort of remittance as the first of the
month he'd be flush with cash and would say things like, "Fix it? Just
throw money at it" and toward the end of the month he'd be caging
drinks. Slap his pocket and look amazed, "Oh! I forgot my money."

He wasn't a bad guy but a five minute conversation and you could
figure out why the family was happy to have him away from home :-)

When he died his daughter came over to settle things and of course all
the blokes who had known him made sure to meet her and tell her how
sorry that were to see the old boy gone, extend sympathy and the
usual. She just stood there, no tears, straight face, just like
someone told her what time it was.

I think the term is "No love lost".
--
cheers,

John B.

EdwardDolan

Jun 30, 2016, 12:21:59 AM6/30/16
"John B." wrote in message
[...]

Edward Dolan wrote:

>> All you know is how to Google. You also have no idea of what "hits" are
>> about. The problem remains the same - you are an idiot!
[...]

>>> It isn't a joke really. It is sort of like a guy that wants to play
ball. So, after much whining the guys say, O.K., you can play and they
throw him this round thing and he says, "what's this?"

>>> Nope, it is Edward the Phony from here on out.

>>> Phony - "a person who professes beliefs and knowledge that he or she
does not hold in order to conceal his or her real motives"

>>> What's the old saying, "If it fits, wear it"?

"All you know is how to Google. You also have no idea of what "hits" are
about. The problem remains the same - you are an idiot!" - Ed Dolan

EdwardDolan

Jun 30, 2016, 12:39:09 AM6/30/16
"John B." wrote in message
[...]

> You know Eddy, I am becoming a bit suspicious of your claims of glory.

> You tell us that back in the 1970's you essentially hiked for a
decade, communing with nature. This is a little puzzling as who
supported you while you were cavorting in the wilderness? Your mommy
and daddy? They paid your keep while you were stumbling around in the
bushes?

What fucking business is that of yours? Note well that I am not the least
bit interested in ANYTHING about you ... except your views on what hiking
trails are for.

Following shit deleted for the usual reasons.
[...]

> Next you reveal that you don't know what a "hiking pole" is. An item
that millions of other hikers know, apparently intimately as a major
sales point seems to be that it has a soft and luxurious hand grip.

> Hiking poles are for slobs like you. I never had any use for them, being
> quite steady on my feet.

> So, you claim, that you spent 10 years engaged is the wandering around
in the forest game and at the same time you have no knowledge of this,
apparently essential item that others are willing to pay two hundred
American dollars to obtain.

"Hiking poles are for slobs like you. I never had any use for them, being
quite steady on my feet." - Ed Dolan

"Following shit deleted for the usual reasons." - Ed Dolan

> --
cheers,

> John B.

Take your "cheers" and shoved it up your ass, you dumb fucking moron.

Most repair manuals are far more interesting than you, and far less turgid
to read. I'd get more pleasure from running my nostrils down a cactus, than
reading another contribution from you. Maybe you wouldn't come across as
such a jellyfish-sucking mental midget if you didn't have an intellect
rivaled only by the Village Idiot's stupider brother;

Here's a tip: no one will ever know that you've had a lobotomy if you wear a
wig to hide the scars; stop posting your drivel on message boards, and learn
to control the slobbering. Clearly, the full area of your ignorance is not
yet mapped. We are presently only exploring the fringes of that vast
expanse.

Are you normally this dumb or are you just having a blonde moment? Wouldn't
clues have more room to fit in your head if you got rid of some of the
gobbledygook in there?

In closing, I offer these heartfelt words: Go suck on a frozen pineapple,
asshole.

EdwardDolan

Jun 30, 2016, 12:56:47 AM6/30/16
"news16" wrote in message news:nkt5qn$mon$8...@dont-email.me...
Others always profess interest in me whereas I never profess any interest in
others. That is because I am not interested in others - and that is also why
I am Great and you aren't. Hells Bells, even John B.(Bullshitter) is not
interested in you like he is in Me. I suppose I should be flattered, but
what idiots like the two of you say or think does not register on a mind so
Great as mine. Greatness requires Greatness and that is something I will
never find on Usenet. Alas, only Lilliputians reside here.

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

EdwardDolan

Jun 30, 2016, 1:08:23 AM6/30/16
"John B." wrote in message

On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 06:35:04 -0000 (UTC), news16 <new...@woa.com.au>
wrote:
[...]

>Wow, Ed was a remittance man. got a weekly income from Mummy and Daddy to
>flick off somewhere and not embarass the family. Very common in the Pommy
>toffs

>> I actually knew a "remittance man" or at least that is what we
surmised him to be. English bloke from up north someplace. I knew him
for ten years or more and in all that time I never heard him mention a
job. Plenty of tales about having lived in hippy communes, visited
Ireland, travels in Scotland, etc., lived on the beach with a girl,
but never a mention of a job, or work.

>> It was obvious that he had some sort of remittance as the first of the
month he'd be flush with cash and would say things like, "Fix it? Just
throw money at it" and toward the end of the month he'd be caging
drinks. Slap his pocket and look amazed, "Oh! I forgot my money."

>> He wasn't a bad guy but a five minute conversation and you could
figure out why the family was happy to have him away from home :-)

>> When he died his daughter came over to settle things and of course all
the blokes who had known him made sure to meet her and tell her how
sorry that were to see the old boy gone, extend sympathy and the
usual. She just stood there, no tears, straight face, just like
someone told her what time it was.

>> I think the term is "No love lost".

Whereas John B.(Bullshitter) will be mourned by one and all when he passes -
for all the good it will do him in Hell where he will be consigned for
cycling on hiking trails.

But what any of this has to do with the topic of this thread escapes me.

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

news16

Jun 30, 2016, 6:55:33 AM6/30/16
On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 00:08:26 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:

> Whereas John B.(Bullshitter) will be mourned by one and all when he
> passes

So he will be remembered whereas who was that koook!.

news16

Jun 30, 2016, 6:57:12 AM6/30/16
On Wed, 29 Jun 2016 23:39:12 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:

> "John B." wrote in message
> [...]
>
>> You know Eddy, I am becoming a bit suspicious of your claims of glory.
>
>> You tell us that back in the 1970's you essentially hiked for a
> decade, communing with nature. This is a little puzzling as who
> supported you while you were cavorting in the wilderness? Your mommy and
> daddy? They paid your keep while you were stumbling around in the
> bushes?
>
> What fucking business is that of yours? Note well that I am not the
> least bit interested in ANYTHING about you
But you slavishly reply to him. go figure.

John B.

Jun 30, 2016, 7:13:07 PM6/30/16
On Wed, 29 Jun 2016 23:56:50 -0500, "EdwardDolan" <edo...@iw.net>
wrote:
Incidentally Doolie, I heard, on another site, the term "Fagot"or
maybe it was "Faggot" mentioned in connection with your name. I looked
in the dictionary and I see "Faggot - a bundle of sticks and branches
bound together". Were they referring to your mentality? "Dumb as a
Faggot"? I grew up in northern New England and it was "dumb as a
stump", in the local vernacular.

As for bicycle wheels. It is positively amazing, but I've got four of
them things and by gorry, is every one of them ain't got wheels. You
obviously have a very penetrating mind.

Tell us, did you figure out the wheel thing all by your self? Or did
you have help?
--
cheers,

John B.

EdwardDolan

Jul 3, 2016, 10:53:17 AM7/3/16
"John B." wrote in message

On Wed, 29 Jun 2016 23:56:50 -0500, "EdwardDolan" <edo...@iw.net>
wrote:
[...]

>Others always profess interest in me whereas I never profess any interest
>in
>others. That is because I am not interested in others - and that is also
>why
>I am Great and you aren't. Hells Bells, even John B.(Bullshitter) is not
>interested in you like he is in Me. I suppose I should be flattered, but
>what idiots like the two of you say or think does not register on a mind so
>Great as mine. Greatness requires Greatness and that is something I will
>never find on Usenet. Alas, only Lilliputians reside here.

>> Incidentally Doolie, I heard, on another site, the term "Fagot"or
maybe it was "Faggot" mentioned in connection with your name. I looked
in the dictionary and I see "Faggot - a bundle of sticks and branches
bound together". Were they referring to your mentality? "Dumb as a
Faggot"? I grew up in northern New England and it was "dumb as a
stump", in the local vernacular.

The only dumb faggot here is yoursefl.

EdwardDolan

Jul 3, 2016, 10:53:17 AM7/3/16
"news16" wrote in message news:nl2tr4$a4j$1...@dont-email.me...
Who cares who remembers who! Everyone is eventually forgotten in short
order.

EdwardDolan

Jul 3, 2016, 11:01:09 AM7/3/16
"news16" wrote in message news:nl2tu7$a4j$2...@dont-email.me...
I am only reply to him with respect to content, same as for you. Trust me on
this, I am as uninterested in him as a person as I am in you. Very odd
though that he should be so interested in me - don’t you think? I suspect he
is what he charges others of being - "a dumb faggot".

news16

Jul 3, 2016, 8:46:32 PM7/3/16
On Sun, 03 Jul 2016 09:49:09 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:

> "news16" wrote in message news:nl2tr4$a4j$1...@dont-email.me...
>
> On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 00:08:26 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:
>

>> Whereas John B.(Bullshitter) will be mourned by one and all when he
>> passes
>
>>> So he will be remembered whereas who was that koook!.
>
> Who cares who remembers who! Everyone is eventually forgotten in short
> order.

Not every one.

John B.

Jul 4, 2016, 12:08:05 AM7/4/16
On Sun, 3 Jul 2016 09:53:15 -0500, "EdwardDolan" <edo...@iw.net>
wrote:
Ah, an explanation.
As I know that I am not a bundle of wood, so he must he equating
"faggot" to the other kind. The ones that don't look like a bundle of
sticks, so it seems likely that the other references I read about
Dolan as a "faggot" must have been a description of his habits rather
than of his mental capacity.

O.K., now that we've got that cleared up and he is "out of the closet"
so to speak, are there any scintillating descriptions of his
activities while hanging around the public toilets? Gee.... that must
be an exciting pastime. Smelly, but than, I guess that some probably
get excited from smells.

Someone wrote a song, "Pretty as a Rose, I believe the title may have
been that has a few lines in it, "He's pretty as a rose; He wears his
sister's clothes, We don't know what to call him; But we think he's
one of those."

One can only speculate who (or maybe "what") that description fits.

But in thinking about it one can only wonder. After all, a bloke who's
parents pay him to stay away for ten years.... who is publicly
referred to as a "faggot"..... Well there is an old saying that "no
smoke, no fire".

Ah well, in the U.S. apparently it is no longer hidden. I see that the
U.S. Military now accepts "deviants", I think they referred to them
as.

--
cheers,

John B.

EdwardDolan

Jul 6, 2016, 7:16:50 AM7/6/16
"news16" wrote in message news:nlcbl7$7t5$4...@dont-email.me...
Name at least a half a dozen figures from the Hittite civilization and tell
us what they were famous for - just off the top of your head of course? Only
a scholar of that civilization can do it - which points up how quickly and
how easily all of us are forgotten, no matter how much renown we might have
had briefly in our own period of time. Usually within a generation or two it
is as if we had never lived.

But will someone like Beethoven eventually be forgotten? Yes, even Beethoven
will eventually be forgotten!

Here is a universal piece of wisdom for you and for all those who think they
matter:

"Once I wasn’t'. Then I was. Now I ain't again." From an epitaph on a
tombstone in a Cleveland cemetery.

EdwardDolan

Jul 6, 2016, 7:31:48 AM7/6/16
"John B." wrote in message
Anyone who is as interested in the subject of faggots as you have
demonstrated above means of course that you are one yourself. Since you have
let the cat out of the bag, why not just own up to it and quit beating about
the bush? No one in the world cares about your sexual fornications. Why not
be proud of being a faggot? You have lots of company these days.

cheers,

Take your "cheers" and shoved it up your ass, you dumb fucking moron.

Most repair manuals are far more interesting than you, and far less turgid
to read. I'd get more pleasure from running my nostrils down a cactus, than
reading another contribution from you. Maybe you wouldn't come across as
such a jellyfish-sucking mental midget if you didn't have an intellect
rivaled only by the Village Idiot's stupider brother;

Here's a tip: no one will ever know that you've had a lobotomy if you wear a
wig to hide the scars; stop posting your drivel on message boards, and learn
to control the slobbering. Clearly, the full area of your ignorance is not
yet mapped. We are presently only exploring the fringes of that vast
expanse.

Are you normally this dumb or are you just having a blonde moment? Wouldn't
clues have more room to fit in your head if you got rid of some of the
gobbledygook in there?

In closing, I offer these heartfelt words: Go suck on a frozen pineapple,
asshole.

news16

Jul 6, 2016, 8:48:19 AM7/6/16
On Wed, 06 Jul 2016 06:16:51 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:

> "news16" wrote in message news:nlcbl7$7t5$4...@dont-email.me...
>
> On Sun, 03 Jul 2016 09:49:09 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:
>
>> "news16" wrote in message news:nl2tr4$a4j$1...@dont-email.me...
>>
>> On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 00:08:26 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:
>>

>>> Whereas John B.(Bullshitter) will be mourned by one and all when he
>>> passes

>> Who cares who remembers who! Everyone is eventually forgotten in short
>> order.

> Name at least a half a dozen figures from the Hittite civilization
Easy;Lambada, Hattusili, Mursili, Murshilish, Mitanni, and Telepini makes
six. In return, you can write their name in the script of the time.

EdwardDolan

Jul 6, 2016, 10:16:17 AM7/6/16
"news16" wrote in message news:nliumi$pv0$2...@dont-email.me...

On Wed, 06 Jul 2016 06:16:51 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:
[...]

> Name at least a half a dozen figures from the Hittite civilization ...

>> Easy;Lambada, Hattusili, Mursili, Murshilish, Mitanni, and Telepini makes
six. In return, you can write their name in the script of the time.

That was NOT off the top of your head. You had to look it up in an archive.
Since that was the case, they have been forgotten by all except for what has
been written about them by a few scholars, just as you and I will be
forgotten by all shortly after our deaths. Get used to it - we are all
nonentities in the grand scheme of time. Even these Usenet newsgroups and
our blather here will vanish into thin air no matter how hard Google tries
to preserve our words for posterity.

Here is a universal piece of wisdom for you and for all those who think they
matter:

"Once I wasn’t'. Then I was. Now I ain't again." - from an epitaph on a

John B.

Jul 6, 2016, 11:55:02 PM7/6/16
On Wed, 6 Jul 2016 06:31:49 -0500, "EdwardDolan" <edo...@iw.net>
wrote:

>Take your "cheers" and shoved it up your ass, you dumb fucking moron.

Gee Eddie, I hate to tell you but "up your ass" while likely an
expression of affection in your group is hardly a term that is
universally used. Particularly in polite circles.

But I suppose that one has to view with a bit of leeway someone who
spent an entire decade wandering around in the bushes apparently
without contact with civilization.

It would seem though, that when you just a young sprout you must have
been pretty obnoxious else why would your parents be so eager to get
you out of the house? And pay you to stay away.

But, "dumb fucking moron"? Well, I'm sorry but I'm not sure that is
correct as in fact it seem pretty obvious that I am considerably more
intelligent they you. After all I have known for years and years and
years, that a "Bi" "Cycle" has two wheels, a fact that you seem to
believe is some sort of revelation from, perhaps the "Forest
Primeval", as you mention it in every post.

I suppose that you are trying to inform the unwashed American Hikers
of your great discovery, "My goodness Irving, did you
know, actually know, that a bicycle has two, just imagine it, two
wheels? Isn't that perfectly lovely?"

I guess that along with your weird sexual habits you are probably a
bit forgetful? Old age is it?

Of course there possibly is a simpler explanation, and while I, of
course, would never mention it but you might be a bit feeble minded,
or more in line with American political correctness, "Mentally
Challenged".

Now Dooly, you aren't one of those who are attracted to young boys are
you? With your poor memory I feel that I really should remind you that
the American public, in general, takes a very dim view of that kind of
thing and, heaven forbid, they will even put you in the jail house for
years and years for acting out your visions of ecstasy. NO Dooly,
don't do that, it is very, very naughty to even think it.

But I must go now. I have to take my (female) spouse shopping (I know
that you believe a "female" spouse is a bit unusual) but there it is,
us "normals" are a bit odd.

But do try, with your timely posts, to keep us acquainted with what
the (what should one say?) the queer hikers, the strange hikers, the
faggot hikers? (I'm just not acquainted with current terminology) are
doing these days.
--
cheers,

John B.

news16

Jul 7, 2016, 2:39:28 AM7/7/16
On Wed, 06 Jul 2016 09:16:18 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:

> "news16" wrote in message news:nliumi$pv0$2...@dont-email.me...
>
> On Wed, 06 Jul 2016 06:16:51 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:
> [...]
>
>> Name at least a half a dozen figures from the Hittite civilization ...
>
>>> Easy;Lambada, Hattusili, Mursili, Murshilish, Mitanni, and Telepini
>>> makes
> six. In return, you can write their name in the script of the time.
>
> That was NOT off the top of your head.
Your claim, I studied Ancient History.

EdwardDolan

Jul 7, 2016, 9:58:30 PM7/7/16
"news16" wrote in message news:nlktf0$pv0$9...@dont-email.me...
Well, I did too, but I could not name hardly any figures from those times
other than the most famous ones. I KNOW you had to look it up. No one in
their right mind remembers anything about the Hittites, except how
mysterious and weird they were.

EdwardDolan

Jul 7, 2016, 10:09:10 PM7/7/16

wrote:

>Take your "cheers" and shoved it up your ass, you dumb fucking moron.

[...]

>> I guess that along with your weird sexual habits you are probably a
bit forgetful? Old age is it?

"The only dumb faggot here is yourself." - Ed Dolan
[...]

>> Now Dooly, you aren't one of those who are attracted to young boys are
you? With your poor memory I feel that I really should remind you that
the American public, in general, takes a very dim view of that kind of
thing and, heaven forbid, they will even put you in the jail house for
years and years for acting out your visions of ecstasy. NO Dooly,
don't do that, it is very, very naughty to even think it.

"The only dumb faggot here is yourself." - Ed Dolan

>> But I must go now. I have to take my (female) spouse shopping (I know
that you believe a "female" spouse is a bit unusual) but there it is,
us "normals" are a bit odd.

Any female that is connected with you has got to be the equivalent of a
female faggot.

>> But do try, with your timely posts, to keep us acquainted with what
the (what should one say?) the queer hikers, the strange hikers, the
faggot hikers? (I'm just not acquainted with current terminology) are
doing these days.

"The only dumb faggot here is yourself." - Ed Dolan

>> --
cheers,

>> John B.

Take your "cheers" and shoved it up your ass, you dumb fucking moron.

Most repair manuals are far more interesting than you, and far less turgid
to read. I'd get more pleasure from running my nostrils down a cactus, than
reading another contribution from you. Maybe you wouldn't come across as
such a jellyfish-sucking mental midget if you didn't have an intellect
rivaled only by the Village Idiot's stupider brother;

Here's a tip: no one will ever know that you've had a lobotomy if you wear a
wig to hide the scars; stop posting your drivel on message boards, and learn
to control the slobbering. Clearly, the full area of your ignorance is not
yet mapped. We are presently only exploring the fringes of that vast
expanse.

Are you normally this dumb or are you just having a blonde moment? Wouldn't
clues have more room to fit in your head if you got rid of some of the
gobbledygook in there?

In closing, I offer these heartfelt words: Go suck on a frozen pineapple,
asshole.

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great – Minnesota

PS: Total time to compose this reply - 1 minute.

news16

Jul 8, 2016, 10:59:46 AM7/8/16
On Thu, 07 Jul 2016 20:58:33 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:

> "news16" wrote in message news:nlktf0$pv0$9...@dont-email.me...
>
> On Wed, 06 Jul 2016 09:16:18 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:
>
>> "news16" wrote in message news:nliumi$pv0$2...@dont-email.me...
>>
>> On Wed, 06 Jul 2016 06:16:51 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>>> Name at least a half a dozen figures from the Hittite civilization ...

>> six. In return, you can write their name in the script of the time.
>>
>> That was NOT off the top of your head.

> Well, I did too, but I could not name hardly any figures from those
> times other than the most famous ones. I KNOW you had to look it up. No
> one in their right mind remembers anything about the Hittites, except
> how mysterious and weird they were.

Lol, projecting again. You need to go bike riding and get more air into
your lungs.

EdwardDolan

Jul 9, 2016, 9:22:20 PM7/9/16
"news16" wrote in message news:nlof51$pv0$2...@dont-email.me...

On Thu, 07 Jul 2016 20:58:33 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:
[...]

> Well, I did too, but I could not name hardly any figures from those
> times other than the most famous ones. I KNOW you had to look it up. No
> one in their right mind remembers anything about the Hittites, except
> how mysterious and weird they were.

>> Lol, projecting again. You need to go bike riding and get more air into
your lungs.

I have already made a dozen assumptions about you based on your posts to
this newsgroup. The main thing I know about you with full confidence is
that you are an ignoramus bordering on imbecility.

John B.

Jul 9, 2016, 11:39:10 PM7/9/16
On Thu, 7 Jul 2016 21:09:13 -0500, "EdwardDolan" <edo...@iw.net>
wrote:
Well, greetings Dooley. Sorry to ignore you for the past days but
then, you are rather ignoble.

But, I see you have been busy in my absence I see your fevered reply
to my missive and one bouquet from News and the rest appear to be
Dooley replying to Dooley. Talking to one's self, as it were. Do you
do that a lot?

I mean, we all know about your sexual preferences, not that we
actually applaud the "small boys" antics but there you are. Different
strokes for different folks, as someone said.

But this talking to your self? Well, it just isn't the thing to do you
know. I mean wandering down the street mumbling to your self and
drooling down your shirt front? Just not the thing to do, you know.
Perhaps if you could see your way clear to do just one. You could
mumble without drooling, or maybe drool without mumbling. Perhaps not
really "the thing" in the best of society, but out there. lurking in
the bushes....

What you really should is to get a box and go down there in front of
City Hall. Put the box on the corner and mount up and tell the world
about them big, bad, bicycles, with all them wheels (Goodness, but
they are greedy, why, they got two each, the greedy scoundrels).

See, down there i front of the government people there is no doubt
that someone will listen to you and you WILL get your message out
where everyone will hear it.

But you got to remember Dooley, you can't mumble. No, you have to
speak out in a big voice. Be assertive, show them folks how erudite
you really are.

But while it is said that "great public speakers are born not made"
still it might be wise to practice a bit before the big day.

Perhaps you could get another box for the front yard to practice with.

So, early Sunday morning you could be out there, in the front yard, on
your box (dressed neatly of course) and speaking clearly (no mumbling
now) and here you go:

LISTEN UP EVERYBODY AS I HAVE NEWS! NEWS I SAY!
BICYCLES HAVE TWO WHEELS!
NOT ONE ,BUT TWO, TWO WHEELS!

O.K., now step down off the box, a few deep breaths to recover, maybe
a towel to wipe the fevered brow. And do it again. Keep practicing
until you get it letter perfect. Don't be shy Dooley, Man! you gonna
be da man!

Then Monday morning, down to the main square and up on your box. Don't
be shy now since as they "say early to rise" and all that. Say 06:00.
Oh yes, be sure to use "army" talk. Use the military time system and
talk about tactical this and tactics that. It'll make you look strong
and powerful, and manly.

(yes I know, "manly" isn't really your thing but do it anyway. You can
"come out", as it were, after you are famous)

Yes Sir, Dooley , you can be a legend in your own time. My goodness,
if you had an axe and a cow you could call yourself Paul, instead of
"faggot".

--
cheers,

John B.

EdwardDolan

Jul 9, 2016, 11:52:29 PM7/9/16
"John B." wrote in message

On Thu, 7 Jul 2016 21:09:13 -0500, "EdwardDolan" <edo...@iw.net>
wrote:
[...]

>PS: Total time to compose this reply - 1 minute.

>> Well, greetings Dooley. Sorry to ignore you for the past days but
then, you are rather ignoble.

>> But, I see you have been busy in my absence I see your fevered reply
to my missive and one bouquet from News and the rest appear to be
Dooley replying to Dooley. Talking to one's self, as it were. Do you
do that a lot?

No one knows who is and who isn't reading these posts, most especially an
idiot like you.

>> I mean, we all know about your sexual preferences, not that we
actually applaud the "small boys" antics but there you are. Different
strokes for different folks, as someone said.

"The only dumb faggot here is yourself." - Ed Dolan

>> But this talking to your self? Well, it just isn't the thing to do you
know. I mean wandering down the street mumbling to your self and
drooling down your shirt front? Just not the thing to do, you know.
Perhaps if you could see your way clear to do just one. You could
mumble without drooling, or maybe drool without mumbling. Perhaps not
really "the thing" in the best of society, but out there. lurking in
the bushes....

"The only dumb faggot here is yourself." - Ed Dolan

>> What you really should is to get a box and go down there in front of
City Hall. Put the box on the corner and mount up and tell the world
about them big, bad, bicycles, with all them wheels (Goodness, but
they are greedy, why, they got two each, the greedy scoundrels).

"The only dumb faggot here is yourself." - Ed Dolan

>> See, down there i front of the government people there is no doubt
that someone will listen to you and you WILL get your message out
where everyone will hear it.

"The only dumb faggot here is yourself." - Ed Dolan

>> But you got to remember Dooley, you can't mumble. No, you have to
speak out in a big voice. Be assertive, show them folks how erudite
you really are.

"The only dumb faggot here is yourself." - Ed Dolan

>> But while it is said that "great public speakers are born not made"
still it might be wise to practice a bit before the big day.

The only one talking to himself is you.
[...]

>> O.K., now step down off the box, a few deep breaths to recover, maybe
a towel to wipe the fevered brow. And do it again. Keep practicing
until you get it letter perfect. Don't be shy Dooley, Man! you gonna
be da man!

"The only one talking to himself is you." - Ed Dolan

>> Then Monday morning, down to the main square and up on your box. Don't
be shy now since as they "say early to rise" and all that. Say 06:00.
Oh yes, be sure to use "army" talk. Use the military time system and
talk about tactical this and tactics that. It'll make you look strong
and powerful, and manly.

"The only one talking to himself is you." - Ed Dolan

>> (yes I know, "manly" isn't really your thing but do it anyway. You can
"come out", as it were, after you are famous)

"The only dumb faggot here is yourself." - Ed Dolan

>> Yes Sir, Dooley , you can be a legend in your own time. My goodness,
if you had an axe and a cow you could call yourself Paul, instead of
"faggot".

"The only dumb faggot here is yourself." - Ed Dolan

>> --
cheers,

>> John B.

Take your "cheers" and shoved it up your ass, you dumb fucking moron.

Most repair manuals are far more interesting than you, and far less turgid
to read. I'd get more pleasure from running my nostrils down a cactus, than
reading another contribution from you. Maybe you wouldn't come across as
such a jellyfish-sucking mental midget if you didn't have an intellect
rivaled only by the Village Idiot's stupider brother;

Here's a tip: no one will ever know that you've had a lobotomy if you wear a
wig to hide the scars; stop posting your drivel on message boards, and learn
to control the slobbering. Clearly, the full area of your ignorance is not
yet mapped. We are presently only exploring the fringes of that vast
expanse.

Are you normally this dumb or are you just having a blonde moment? Wouldn't
clues have more room to fit in your head if you got rid of some of the
gobbledygook in there?

In closing, I offer these heartfelt words: Go suck on a frozen pineapple,
asshole.

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great – Minnesota

PS: Time measured for this post - 1 minute.

John B.

Jul 10, 2016, 7:28:17 PM7/10/16
On Sat, 9 Jul 2016 22:52:33 -0500, "EdwardDolan" <edo...@iw.net>
wrote:

>"John B." wrote in message

Ah Dooley, I see that you are into the cut and past game. I suppose
that a bloke who is so continually amazed with a "Bi"-"Cycle" having
wheels is probably a little short in the mental department. Can't even
compose a reply. On the Internet? In English? Coherently?

But I suppose we are all a bit limited in some manner. I'm a bit
shorter than today's norm and you are, of course, a bit limited in?
Would it be composition skills? Or your English skills? Or, your
mental abilities? "Old Dumb Dooley, the Dunce", is it? Well, as they
say, whatever shakes your tree.

Oh, by the way, Dooley I came across some interesting numbers the
other day. It seems that some U.S. agency counted the numbers of
hikers that utilized public parks and forests and the numbers of
people who rode bicycles and they found that approximately twice as
many people had ridden a bike in the past year as had gone hiking in
the same period.

So in the Hiker-Biker wars the bikers win by a 2 - 1 margin.

Unless or course that you people scampering around there out in the
bushes are advocating some form of Fascism or maybe Communism in
stead of a democracy.

I also came across a post that you, your very own self, apparently
posted some time ago wherein you said: "

"Some of you have me down for a troll, but you have got that most
awfully wrong. Until just recently, I did not even know myself what I
was doing..."

"By gorry", I thought, "he does know what he was talking about then,
but he sure appears to have gone down hill since".

So mentally, I suppose, we can probably view old Dooley as a failure.
Eight or ten years ago he seemed to know what he was talking about but
today he is reduced to cut and past antics... A clear case of
"Age-Related Memory Loss", or perhaps simply brain deterioration. Like
Alzheimer's. By the way the Alzheimer's Association has some tests
that you can take to discover just how advanced your case is.

But I suppose that Shakespeare had it right when he wrote:
"That ends this strange eventful history,
Is second childishness and mere oblivion,
Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything."

--
cheers,

John B.

EdwardDolan

Jul 10, 2016, 9:29:31 PM7/10/16
"John B." wrote in message
[...]

The John B.(Bullshit) usual crap not even read other than to note the extent
of it.

Do you suppose for one minute that I or anyone else is dumb enough to read
anything you write? You are the poorest and the craziest bastard ever to
post to this newsgroup. I would feel sorry for you if you weren't such a
faggot, the one subject on which you showed some expertise.

Post content or get lost!

Whoops ... I just spotted some content, so I will take a bit of time to
respond.

>> Oh, by the way, Dooley I came across some interesting numbers the
other day. It seems that some U.S. agency counted the numbers of
hikers that utilized public parks and forests and the numbers of
people who rode bicycles and they found that approximately twice as
many people had ridden a bike in the past year as had gone hiking in
the same period.

>> So in the Hiker-Biker wars the bikers win by a 2 - 1 margin.

I myself do much more cycling than I do walking, but is the biking you
mention above on single track trails in wilderness settings? I doubt it, but
I must admit that hiking has always been for the select few. After all it
take decades of education before one gets to the point of appreciating
nature in a wilderness setting. Most folks never do get to this kind of
knowledge. I suspect it is because they think God created them out of
nothing and that the natural world had little to do with it.

But whether folks are biking or hiking, what does that matter? The world is
full of roads and streets for cycling whereas wilderness trails are
relatively rare. That is reason enough to exclude bikes from single track
wilderness trails. See Mike Vandeman for the many other reasons why bikes do
not belong on single track trails. He is the world expert on the subject
besides being a genius.
[...]

EdwardDolan

Jul 10, 2016, 9:48:52 PM7/10/16
"John B." wrote in message
[...]

> I also came across a post that you [Ed Dolan the Great], your very own
> self, apparently
posted some time ago wherein you said:

> "Some of you have me down for a troll, but you have got that most
awfully wrong. Until just recently, I did not even know myself what I
was doing..."

I encourage anyone still resident on this newsgroup to read any and all
posts I have ever sent to Usenet. I only ask that you show enough
intelligence to read the entire threads so as to get the context of whatever
is said. I do not expect John B.(Bullshitter) to do this as he seems to just
want to explore the subject of faggots, the one thing that he is apparently
an expert on.

John B.

Jul 11, 2016, 2:40:48 AM7/11/16
On Sun, 10 Jul 2016 20:29:30 -0500, "EdwardDolan" <edo...@iw.net>
wrote:

>"John B." wrote in message
>[...]
>
>The John B.(Bullshit) usual crap not even read other than to note the extent
>of it.
>
>Do you suppose for one minute that I or anyone else is dumb enough to read
>anything you write? You are the poorest and the craziest bastard ever to
>post to this newsgroup. I would feel sorry for you if you weren't such a
>faggot, the one subject on which you showed some expertise.
>
>Post content or get lost!

Well, dooley I see that you have progressed a bit from your usual cut
and paste antics. But your post is your usual mix of fantasies,
exaggerations and lies.

You say, "You are the poorest and the craziest bastard ever to
post to this newsgroup".

But in U.S. terms I believe I must be a rich man as I have read that
the "average American family" has $15,000 in credit card debts -I have
zero. That they owe $168,614 in mortgages - I have, over the years
owned three houses but have zero mortgages. That they have $27,141 in
auto debts - I have zero. In fact right now, I am sitting at the
computer typing, debtless.

So apparently you got that one wrong.

As for "craziest" that seems debatable. After all I don't have any
sort of urge to shout from the roof tops that a Bi cycle has wheels.

I've always thought that the average American could probably figure
out from the name of the thing that it had wheels, and perhaps the
brighter sparks could figure out how many it had.

But, apparently I was wrong, and if you are right, then the average
American is really a stupid lout, deeply in debt, and if you are any
example, doesn't know anything at all.

If you didn't have such a filthy mouth I could's even work up a little
sympathy for you. After all a bloke who's life's desire seems to
inform the public that a bicycle has wheels is not really a top line
thinker. Quite the opposite, one might say.

And "Content! Content! You shout. And then do one of your cut and
paste jobs as though you had, just discovered gravity. Good Lord, you
are not only ignoble, but ignorant.

And all this bumpht you post about hiking, primeval forests and all
the other drivel that you sp;out. If you were ever dropped in to a
real forest primeval you would never get back to civilization.

And how do I know? Well I have actually, unlike you, spent some time
in places where no man may have ever walked before.

No, your version of primeval is with nice smooth trails for you to
walk on, and sweet little Adirondack cabins for you to sleep in and of
course "safe" water supplies.

And, I discovered just yesterday that you "hikers" are buying into the
wheel game. I see :The Honey Badger Wheel", "the wheel for pack
hunters, hikers, parents, preppers, and people who love the outdoors.
Carries kids, gear, and big game with ease not muscle"

And, oh yes, there is "The Pack Wheel" - The new Pull Yoke attaches to
the Pack Wheel in seconds. With this new attachment and the help from
a buddy the speed up steep terrain, can be increased.

And last but not least we have the "MONOWALKER Hiking trailer, the
backpack that you tow"

So essentially the vision of "primeval" now includes wheels.

"Content, content? What a silly joke you are.
--
cheers,

John B.

EdwardDolan

Jul 12, 2016, 11:43:54 PM7/12/16
"John B." wrote in message
You are finally posting some content, but it has nothing to do with the
purpose of this newsgroup. You need to read what others have posted to this
newsgroup in the past to see where you fall short. That is what I meant by"
poorest and craziest". Try to come up to an acceptable standard.

>> As for "craziest" that seems debatable. After all I don't have any
sort of urge to shout from the roof tops that a Bi cycle has wheels.

>> I've always thought that the average American could probably figure
out from the name of the thing that it had wheels, and perhaps the
brighter sparks could figure out how many it had.

The above is NOT content. You seem not to know the difference? To want to
discuss a signature does indeed mark you as poor and crazy.

>> But, apparently I was wrong, and if you are right, then the average
American is really a stupid lout, deeply in debt, and if you are any
example, doesn't know anything at all.

>> If you didn't have such a filthy mouth I could's even work up a little
sympathy for you. After all a bloke who's life's desire seems to
inform the public that a bicycle has wheels is not really a top line
thinker. Quite the opposite, one might say.

"The above is NOT content. You seem not to know the difference? To want to
discuss a signature does indeed mark you as poor and crazy."- Ed Dolan

The filthy mouth comes from not wanting the lowest common denominator to
prevail on this newsgroup. You would be surprised at how many scumbags I
have gotten rid of by being even filthier than they could imagine. Getting
personal with someone of My Greatness is a huge mistake as many have
discovered to their discomfort. Be civil and I will be civil, but you also
have to be intelligent. If you are an idiot, then you will be called out
for one.

>> And "Content! Content! You shout. And then do one of your cut and
paste jobs as though you had, just discovered gravity. Good Lord, you
are not only ignoble, but ignorant.

Take note of the name of this newsgroup. You must either post content or get
lost. It really is just that simple.

>> And all this bumpht you post about hiking, primeval forests and all
the other drivel that you sp;out. If you were ever dropped in to a
real forest primeval you would never get back to civilization.

That is true. I am not into survival, but rather into appreciating a natural
scene relatively untouched by man. That is what 100% of hikers are doing and
what 100% of mountain bikers are NOT doing. They are doing a sport, which is
an inherent conflict of both means and purpose with what hikers are doing.
It is why they cannot coexist on the same trails.

>> And how do I know? Well I have actually, unlike you, spent some time
in places where no man may have ever walked before.

>> No, your version of primeval is with nice smooth trails for you to
walk on, and sweet little Adirondack cabins for you to sleep in and of
course "safe" water supplies.

The above can be only too true, but it is irrelevant to the problem of
hikers vs. bikers.

>> And, I discovered just yesterday that you "hikers" are buying into the
wheel game. I see :The Honey Badger Wheel", "the wheel for pack
hunters, hikers, parents, preppers, and people who love the outdoors.
Carries kids, gear, and big game with ease not muscle"

>> And, oh yes, there is "The Pack Wheel" - The new Pull Yoke attaches to
the Pack Wheel in seconds. With this new attachment and the help from
a buddy the speed up steep terrain, can be increased.

>> And last but not least we have the "MONOWALKER Hiking trailer, the
backpack that you tow"

>> So essentially the vision of "primeval" now includes wheels.

All of the above is illegal in wilderness areas and it should be prohibited
everywhere on single track trails. Positively no wheels on trails! Trails
are for trekking on your own two legs with no assistance. If you can't
manage that, as I no longer can, then stay home and look at TV and type
messages on your computer to Usenet. Thankfully, I can still ride a bicycle
(recumbents only) which I do regularly almost every day. But It would never
occur to me to ride a bicycle on a single track trail. Trails in natural
areas are for hikers. Roads and streets are for bikers.

>> "Content, content? What a silly joke you are.

Nope, post content like you did here and you will find me responsive. Name
calling is the most childish thing one can do on Usenet, but I decided long
ago I was not going to let the lowest common denominator prevail here on
RBS. You need to get off of my signature, which is never going to change,
and move on if you ever want to learn anything. I think we could have some
interesting exchanges if you stayed on content.

EdwardDolan

Jul 13, 2016, 9:54:29 AM7/13/16
"John B." wrote in message
[...]

> And how do I know? Well I have actually, unlike you, spent some time
in places [West Papua?] where no man may have ever walked before.
[...]

Allow me to disabuse you of that notion. There is no place on earth where
man has not trod, except areas of Antarctica. Every other place has been
thoroughly explored and perhaps settled at one time or another by mankind.

When the Europeans came to the New World, every square inch of the New World
was already inhabited by man, even the forbidding Amazon rain forest. The
natives had to be gotten rid of in order to have European settlement. This
was mostly accomplished by disease, but it was still amazing that Cortez
could overcome the Aztecs with such a minimal number of soldiers.

Your fabled isle of New Guinea was similarly totally inhabited by man. The
island was full of various tribes and languages from time immemorial and I
assure you there was no part of that island that was not trod by man. By far
the most difficult area of the earth to settle was the high Arctic, yet the
Eskimos did it. And the Bedouins conquered the Sahara. New Guinea was a
paradise compared to those areas.

The US was settled in just a few generations when the country moved west –
and it was thoroughly settled. Not a square inch of land was unaccounted for
by 1900. Even Russian Siberia has been thoroughly explored and settled by
native peoples. The Russians, not being Americans, have not settled vast
areas of Siberia, but that does not mean it is empty and untrod by man.

Only Antarctica is empty except for a few scientific stations. To go to a
place “where no man may have ever walked before,” think various planets and
‘other worlds’. Mars would be a good choice.

John B.

Jul 15, 2016, 3:15:03 AM7/15/16
On Wed, 13 Jul 2016 08:54:30 -0500, "EdwardDolan" <edo...@iw.net>
wrote:

>"John B." wrote in message
>[...]
>
>> And how do I know? Well I have actually, unlike you, spent some time
>in places [West Papua?] where no man may have ever walked before.
>[...]
>
>Allow me to disabuse you of that notion. There is no place on earth where
>man has not trod, except areas of Antarctica. Every other place has been
>thoroughly explored and perhaps settled at one time or another by mankind.

Is that true? Or just another of your current fantasias.

You see Dooley, whole sections of places like New Guinea and even
parts of Australia, as well as the Sahara desert and Arabia's "Empty
Quarter" simply have no water or food. And as stupid as mankind
generally is it is very difficult to believe that anyone plods over
hill and dale in deep jungle or desert without food and water. For
what purpose?

In jungles, for example, there is very little to eat, very few animals
that can be hunted and while there are birds they are way up there in
top of the trees and very, very hard to get to.

In fact the strategy that the British used successfully against the
Communists guerrilla in Malaysia was to deny them access to towns
where food could be obtained.

Of course in desert regions there isn't any water (I suppose that's
why they are "deserts"). And while it is perfectly logical, sitting
home in front of the T.V. to imagine one's self trudging through the
deserts in search of the Queen of Shiba's gold, it doesn't work well
in practice.

If, instead of sitting home watching the T.V. you actually traveled to
any of these remote regions you would find that the bulk of the poor
primitive people are located along rivers and streams where there is
an abundance of water and at least fish to eat. And even the Danu
people, a stone age culture, in West Guinea who live as high as 3,000
- 4,000 ft. above sea level and depend on agriculture for survival
live along streams and rivers.

>When the Europeans came to the New World, every square inch of the New World
>was already inhabited by man, even the forbidding Amazon rain forest. The
>natives had to be gotten rid of in order to have European settlement. This
>was mostly accomplished by disease, but it was still amazing that Cortez
>could overcome the Aztecs with such a minimal number of soldiers.

Your imagination is running away with you.

"The population figure for indigenous peoples in the Americas before
the 1492 voyage of Christopher Columbus has proven difficult to
establish. Scholars rely on archaeological data and written records
from settlers from the Old World. Most scholars writing at the end of
the 19th century estimated the pre-Columbian population as low as 10
million; by the end of the 20th century most scholars gravitated to a
middle estimate of around 50 million"

50 million people on a land mass of 34.93 million square
kilometers....28% of the world's land mass? That is an average
population of 1.4 per square kilometer.

Your thesis is not very reliable.

>Your fabled isle of New Guinea was similarly totally inhabited by man. The
>island was full of various tribes and languages from time immemorial and I
>assure you there was no part of that island that was not trod by man. By far
>the most difficult area of the earth to settle was the high Arctic, yet the
>Eskimos did it. And the Bedouins conquered the Sahara. New Guinea was a
>paradise compared to those areas.

Again you speak without knowledge. In fact there aren't many people in
New Guinea. No where that I worked, in roughly 5 years in the country,
was there a town or village. The Danu, one of the largest tribes seem
to have about 90,000 members, and the entire populating of W. New
Guinea is estimated at 3.6 million and the population density seems to
be 10 per sq. Km. Anthropologists describe the people as primarily
living in villages along the rivers.

In short Doolie you are talking rubbish. Not facts. Not even educated
conjecture. Or one might say, no knowledge and a vivid imagination.

And yes, you can holler and shout, "I'm right, I'm right" all you
want, but I'm going to say, quietly and gentlemanly, "show us the
facts, show us the facts". And do please do note the word "facts". Not
simply shouting "I'm Right", but actual documented facts.... something
that seems extremely lacking in any of your conversations.
--
cheers,

John B.

EdwardDolan

Jul 23, 2016, 10:59:56 PM7/23/16
[...]

Edward Dolan wrote:

>Allow me to disabuse you of that notion. There is no place on earth where
>man has not trod, except areas of Antarctica. Every other place has been
>thoroughly explored and perhaps settled at one time or another by mankind.

>>> Is that true? Or just another of your current fantasias.

>>> You see Dooley, whole sections of places like New Guinea and even
parts of Australia, as well as the Sahara desert and Arabia's "Empty
Quarter" simply have no water or food. And as stupid as mankind
generally is it is very difficult to believe that anyone plods over
hill and dale in deep jungle or desert without food and water. For
what purpose?

Such places as you describe have not been settled for the reasons you point
out, but that does not mean they have not been thoroughly explored. I
assure you that no area of the earth(except Antarctica) has not been
thoroughly explored by the natives living near by no matter how hostile to
human settlement. When homo sapiens left his birthplace (Africa), it was not
long before the entire earth was explored, if not settled. Certain areas had
to wait for perhaps a land bridge, but by the time the Europeans discovered
the New World, if was if not 100% settled
most assuredly 100% explored. You seem not to understand the nature of man.

>>> In jungles, for example, there is very little to eat, very few animals
that can be hunted and while there are birds they are way up there in
top of the trees and very, very hard to get to.

>>> In fact the strategy that the British used successfully against the
Communists guerrilla in Malaysia was to deny them access to towns
where food could be obtained.

>>> Of course in desert regions there isn't any water (I suppose that's
why they are "deserts"). And while it is perfectly logical, sitting
home in front of the T.V. to imagine one's self trudging through the
deserts in search of the Queen of Shiba's gold, it doesn't work well
in practice.

>>> If, instead of sitting home watching the T.V. you actually traveled to
any of these remote regions you would find that the bulk of the poor
primitive people are located along rivers and streams where there is
an abundance of water and at least fish to eat. And even the Danu
people, a stone age culture, in West Guinea who live as high as 3,000
- 4,000 ft. above sea level and depend on agriculture for survival
live along streams and rivers.

The kind of agriculture practiced in New Guinea was not capable of
supporting a large population, but even so, the land was being fully
occupied given the kind of economy that was available to them. Any
elementary course in anthropology will explain why primitive peoples live
where they live, but you were claiming that there are areas of the earth
that were untrod by man. That is what I am disputing, not that some areas
were difficult, if not impossible to settle. Only Antarctica was relatively
untrod by man.

>When the Europeans came to the New World, every square inch of the New
>World
>was already inhabited by man, even the forbidding Amazon rain forest. The
>natives had to be gotten rid of in order to have European settlement. This
>was mostly accomplished by disease, but it was still amazing that Cortez
>could overcome the Aztecs with such a minimal number of soldiers.

>>> Your imagination is running away with you.

>>> "The population figure for indigenous peoples in the Americas before
the 1492 voyage of Christopher Columbus has proven difficult to
establish. Scholars rely on archaeological data and written records
from settlers from the Old World. Most scholars writing at the end of
the 19th century estimated the pre-Columbian population as low as 10
million; by the end of the 20th century most scholars gravitated to a
middle estimate of around 50 million"

>>> 50 million people on a land mass of 34.93 million square
kilometers....28% of the world's land mass? That is an average
population of 1.4 per square kilometer.

>>> Your thesis is not very reliable.

The New World was settled to the max according to how those native peoples
were making a living off the land. You only get huge populations when you
have an economy that is based on intensive agriculture. If the economy is
based on hunting and gathering or very primitive agriculture, you will not
normally be able to support a large population. The New World was fully
populated prior to Columbus. It is very curious to me that you think vast
areas of the world were never thoroughly explored by mankind. Only
Antarctica fits that description.

>Your fabled isle of New Guinea was similarly totally inhabited by man. The
>island was full of various tribes and languages from time immemorial and I
>assure you there was no part of that island that was not trod by man. By
>far
>the most difficult area of the earth to settle was the high Arctic, yet the
>Eskimos did it. And the Bedouins conquered the Sahara. New Guinea was a
>paradise compared to those areas.

>>> Again you speak without knowledge. In fact there aren't many people in
New Guinea. No where that I worked, in roughly 5 years in the country,
was there a town or village. The Danu, one of the largest tribes seem
to have about 90,000 members, and the entire populating of W. New
Guinea is estimated at 3.6 million and the population density seems to
be 10 per sq. Km. Anthropologists describe the people as primarily
living in villages along the rivers.

New Guinea, like every other area of the world, was fully populated in
accordance with the economy that prevailed there. An island the size of New
Guiana with millions of people will have examined every square inch of that
island. The brute fact of geography itself will determine how many people
the land will support. Tropical areas only look rich and fertile, but they
are not. New Guinea was supporting as many people as it could support.
Besides reading some anthropology you should perhaps read Malthus, although
I think primitive people were better at controlling their population than we
are.

>>> In short Doolie you are talking rubbish. Not facts. Not even educated
conjecture. Or one might say, no knowledge and a vivid imagination.

Everything I have stated is based on facts which are well known to every
anthropologist. No imagination was required. The only absurd statement that
has been made here is by you - that there are areas of the earth which have
never been trod by man. Only Antarctica fills that bill.
[...]

John B.

Jul 25, 2016, 2:55:40 AM7/25/16
On Sat, 23 Jul 2016 21:59:58 -0500, "EdwardDolan" <edo...@iw.net>
wrote:

>"John B." wrote in message
>[...]

My goodness Dooley, first I say that there is not much to eat in
jungles and note that in jungle areas the population is centered
around rivers.

And now you astound us by telling us that "the land was being fully
occupied given the kind of economy that was available to them". One
does like original thinking.... even when it is wrong.

Unless you somehow think that subsistence agriculture is an economy.
For your edification:

Economy - "the system of production and distribution and consumption".

One can only speculate whether raising sweet potatoes and then eating
them actually constitutes "distribution", although I suspect that you
will argue that it does as if you don't you will look even more
foolish than you usually do. Or perhaps you feel that the expression
"from hand to mouth" actually describes a distribution system.
You argument is noted, and ignored as stupidity.

You argue that what were essentially small groups of hunter gatherers
explored the entire surface of the U.S.

The conterminous U.S. covers an area of some 3,119,884 square miles
and we know that the "Indians" as they were termed actually lived in a
very small part of the land. And, just as in New Guinea today, if you
went tramping around and entered an area claimed as part of another
tribe's territory, they killed you.

The actual population sizes of the original "Indian" population is
difficult to find. One study states that " even semi-accurate
pre-Columbian population figures are impossible to obtain" and I read
estimates for "the number of indigenous people in N. America prior to
1492" ranging from 2.1 to 18 million. A variation of 850% ? Scientific
fact?

I did come across a study of the Cherokees, who were forcibly removed
from their native homelands. The article states, in part, that in 1835
"The vast majority of the Cherokees, however, remained in their
ancestral homelands". In 1838 the U.S. Army forcibly remove the
Cherokees from their homelands and moved them to the West. The article
goes on to state that "Approximately 20,000 Cherokees were marched
west over what would soon be known as the "Trail of Tears."

So essentially the "vast majority" of a large Indian tribe was about
20,000 individuals.

The Battle of the Little Big Horn is pretty well documented and the
most definitive estimate I can find is "from 1,500 to 2,500 Indian
warriors". Custer's Crow scouts told him it was "the largest native
village they had ever seen". Other sources refer to it as "the largest
Indian gathering in history".

I can't find details of Western Indian family life in the 1800's but
I suspect that a family of husband, wife and two children might be a
reasonable average, If so than the size of the "largest Indian
Gathering in history" would have been in the neighborhood of from
6,000 to 10,000 people.

It would appear, at least from an very quick analysis of two large
Indian gatherings that the indigenous people were actually rather few
in number when compared with the enormous spaces that you seem to
believe that they were scampering about exploring.

In short, Dooly, you have no facts to back up your assertions and to
paraphrase someone or another, A verbal claim is as good as the paper
it is written on.

>New Guinea. No where that I worked, in roughly 5 years in the country,
>was there a town or village. The Danu, one of the largest tribes seem
>to have about 90,000 members, and the entire populating of W. New
>Guinea is estimated at 3.6 million and the population density seems to
>be 10 per sq. Km. Anthropologists describe the people as primarily
>living in villages along the rivers.
>
>New Guinea, like every other area of the world, was fully populated in
>accordance with the economy that prevailed there. An island the size of New
>Guiana with millions of people will have examined every square inch of that
>island. The brute fact of geography itself will determine how many people
>the land will support. Tropical areas only look rich and fertile, but they
>are not. New Guinea was supporting as many people as it could support.
>Besides reading some anthropology you should perhaps read Malthus, although
>I think primitive people were better at controlling their population than we
>are.

Well, if you believe that exposing female babies so they die and an
overall infant morality of 12.5% (during the period I was there) as
population control than I guess you are right.

>conjecture. Or one might say, no knowledge and a vivid imagination.
>
>Everything I have stated is based on facts which are well known to every
>anthropologist. No imagination was required. The only absurd statement that
>has been made here is by you - that there are areas of the earth which have
>never been trod by man. Only Antarctica fills that bill.
>[...]

You claim that every notion that pops into your mind is "based on
facts which are well known to every anthropologist". You may as well
claim that your every thought is direct "from God's lips to your
ears", and given the proof you provide equally as believable.

But then, as Dr, Gobbels said, "tell a big enough lie and tell if
often enough and people will believe it". And it does typify you
arguments, "Everyone knows"; "it stands to reason"; "all the
authorities agree"; "the facts are well known". All spoken in a loud
authoritative voice and all without a shred of any proof, except, of
course, "Doolan says so".

I am reminded of a quote that seems to typify your posts"
'"He was one of those who have an opinion on everything. Unfortunately
they disappear when held up to the light."

>Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.
>
>Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

The usual Dooley battle cry is "Content! Content!" which obviously is
not applicable to his posts.

>Ed Dolan the Great – Minnesota

Doodles, you missed a word there. The word "Pretender" is necessary
following the word "Great" to preserve the veracity of the statement.
--
cheers,

John B.

EdwardDolan

Jul 25, 2016, 5:00:42 AM7/25/16

wrote:

>"John B." wrote in message
>[...]
>

>Such places as you describe have not been settled for the reasons you point
>out, but that does not mean they have not been thoroughly explored. I
>assure you that no area of the earth (except Antarctica) has not been
>thoroughly explored by the natives living near by no matter how hostile to
>human settlement. When homo sapiens left his birthplace (Africa), it was
>not
>long before the entire earth was explored, if not settled. Certain areas
>had
>to wait for perhaps a land bridge, but by the time the Europeans discovered
>the New World, it was if not 100% settled
In fact, there is not much to eat in the jungle, and it doesn't matter where
a population is centered. What matters is how much land surrounding them
they have access to. Try not to be such an idiot if that is possible.

occupied given the kind of economy that was available to them". One
does like original thinking.... even when it is wrong.

For your edification:

them actually constitutes "distribution", although I suspect that you
will argue that it does as if you don't you will look even more
foolish than you usually do. Or perhaps you feel that the expression
"from hand to mouth" actually describes a distribution system.

Subsistence agriculture is an economy of course. Hunting and gathering is
also an economy. Any way a society makes a living is an economy. Don’t look
now, but your ignorance is showing big time.
Of courses they did. That is how they made their living. They had to wander
the earth with the seasons and to follow the animals if they wanted to keep
eating. Are you just pretending stupidity or is it for real?

and we know that the "Indians" as they were termed actually lived in a
very small part of the land. And, just as in New Guinea today, if you
went tramping around and entered an area claimed as part of another
tribe's territory, they killed you.

Which just goes to show how intensely the land was regarded as property. It
is what you made your living off of.

difficult to find. One study states that " even semi-accurate
pre-Columbian population figures are impossible to obtain" and I read
estimates for "the number of indigenous people in N. America prior to
1492" ranging from 2.1 to 18 million. A variation of 850% ? Scientific
fact?

from their native homelands. The article states, in part, that in 1835
"The vast majority of the Cherokees, however, remained in their
ancestral homelands". In 1838 the U.S. Army forcibly remove the
Cherokees from their homelands and moved them to the West. The article
goes on to state that "Approximately 20,000 Cherokees were marched
west over what would soon be known as the "Trail of Tears."

20,000 individuals.

That is a huge number depending on how you are making a living. Hunter
gathers, just like any large animal, need a huge territory just so they can
get enough to eat.

most definitive estimate I can find is "from 1,500 to 2,500 Indian
warriors". Custer's Crow scouts told him it was "the largest native
village they had ever seen". Other sources refer to it as "the largest
Indian gathering in history".

I suspect that a family of husband, wife and two children might be a
reasonable average, If so than the size of the "largest Indian
Gathering in history" would have been in the neighborhood of from
6,000 to 10,000 people.

That is a huge number depending on how you are making a living. Hunter
gathers, just like any large animal, need a huge territory just so they can
get enough to eat.

Indian gatherings that the indigenous people were actually rather few
in number when compared with the enormous spaces that you seem to
believe that they were scampering about exploring.

All of the above is irrelevant to the point that I am making – that every
square inch of the land mass of the Americas was thoroughly explored by
indigenous peoples. If they could settle the land, they did. If they could
not settle the land, they moved on.That is what occurred on every
continent – except Antarctica. Early man prior to the invention/discovery of
agriculture was nomadic in the extreme because early man was a hunter and a
gatherer and nothing else. You are an idiot to argue otherwise.

paraphrase someone or another, A verbal claim is as good as the paper
it is written on.

The only idiot here is you.

>New Guinea. No where that I worked, in roughly 5 years in the country,
>was there a town or village. The Danu, one of the largest tribes seem
>to have about 90,000 members, and the entire populating of W. New
>Guinea is estimated at 3.6 million and the population density seems to
>be 10 per sq. Km. Anthropologists describe the people as primarily
>living in villages along the rivers.
>
>New Guinea, like every other area of the world, was fully populated in
>accordance with the economy that prevailed there. An island the size of
>New
>Guiana with millions of people will have examined every square inch of that
>island. The brute fact of geography itself will determine how many people
>the land will support. Tropical areas only look rich and fertile, but they
>are not. New Guinea was supporting as many people as it could support.
>Besides reading some anthropology you should perhaps read Malthus, although
>I think primitive people were better at controlling their population than
>we
>are.

overall infant morality of 12.5% (during the period I was there) as
population control than I guess you are right.

Early man had many ways of controlling their population. Try to remember
that the main task of any society is to feed itself. However, we commit
abortion in our society today for no other purpose than not wanting to
inconvenience the mother with a pregnancy. How barbaric is that?

>conjecture. Or one might say, no knowledge and a vivid imagination.
>
>Everything I have stated is based on facts which are well known to every
>anthropologist. No imagination was required. The only absurd statement that
>has been made here is by you - that there are areas of the earth which
>have
>never been trod by man. Only Antarctica fills that bill.
>[...]

facts which are well known to every anthropologist". You may as well
claim that your every thought is direct "from God's lips to your
ears", and given the proof you provide equally as believable.

Be sure to read my most recent post on this newsgroup entitled “Guns,Germs
and Steel”. And be god damn sure to look at the video. You badly need some
education.

often enough and people will believe it". And it does typify you
arguments, "Everyone knows"; "it stands to reason"; "all the
authorities agree"; "the facts are well known". All spoken in a loud
authoritative voice and all without a shred of any proof, except, of
course, "Doolan says so".

Be sure to read my most recent post on this newsgroup entitled “Guns,Germs
and Steel”. And be god damn sure to look at the video. You badly need some
education.

'"He was one of those who have an opinion on everything. Unfortunately
they disappear when held up to the light."

Be sure to read my most recent post on this newsgroup entitled “Guns,Germs
and Steel”. And be god damn sure to look at the video. You badly need some
education.

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

EdwardDolan

Aug 10, 2016, 5:28:06 PM8/10/16
John B. wrote:

>>> You see Dooley, whole sections of places like New Guinea and even
parts of Australia, as well as the Sahara desert and Arabia's "Empty
Quarter" simply have no water or food. And as stupid as mankind
generally is it is very difficult to believe that anyone plods over
hill and dale in deep jungle or desert without food and water. For
what purpose?

OK, so let’s discuss the Sahara Desert in the context of “there are places
where no man has ever walked”. Did you know that the Sahara was not always
a desert? It was once a savanna that had water and animals and hence people.
This was a long time ago and it is thought that those early hunter-gatherers
later settled in Egypt when the desertification began. It is thought that an
oscillation of the earth every 11,000 years causes this phenomenon, so maybe
the Sahara will some day be a savanna again.

But now you begin to see how absurd is your statement that there are areas
of the earth that no man has ever walked. Man, like Kilroy, has at one time
or another been everywhere (except Antarctica).

Modern day hikers have no illusions about recreating primitive conditions,
but the desire to preserve relatively primitive areas for spiritual
recreation makes total sense. It is as close as we can get to our roots. And
the recreation needs to be man on foot, not man on a machine. Wilderness
areas are for pilgrimage, not for fun and games (sport). That you can’t see
this makes you a true barbarian – a man without culture. I am quite right to
despise you.

John B.

Aug 13, 2016, 12:31:12 AM8/13/16
On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 16:28:05 -0500, "EdwardDolan" <edo...@iw.net>
wrote:

>John B. wrote:

>OK, so let’s discuss the Sahara Desert in the context of “there are places
>where no man has ever walked”. Did you know that the Sahara was not always
>a desert? It was once a savanna that had water and animals and hence people.
>This was a long time ago and it is thought that those early hunter-gatherers
>later settled in Egypt when the desertification began. It is thought that an
>oscillation of the earth every 11,000 years causes this phenomenon, so maybe
>the Sahara will some day be a savanna again.
>
>But now you begin to see how absurd is your statement that there are areas
>of the earth that no man has ever walked. Man, like Kilroy, has at one time
>or another been everywhere (except Antarctica).

I've sort of been holding off replying as I've been trying to puzzle
out whether you are really as stupid as you seem to be or whether you
simply live in some parallel universe where "reality" is whatever you
would like it to be.

But be that as it may, to take up the question of the lush Sahara,
teeming with life and little foot prints.

I did a bit of research and it seems pretty well agreed that the
Sahara may well have received a much higher rain fall in time past
than it does today and the time estimates seem to agree that the place
had reached its highest level of rainfall, and this plant growth and
"lushness" about 8,000 years BCE.

A bit more research shows that the two most agreed upon estimates of
human population on the planet is Hyde (published 2007) and Durand
(1974) who both agree that 5.0 million in -8000 is a likely figure.

A check on the earth habitable land area comes up with 63,699,062 km.
sq. Based on those figures there was, on an average one human for
every 12.7 sq. km. in 8000 bce.

Today's Sahara Desert covers some 9,400,000 sq. Km. so based on world
population estimates the total population of the Sahara might have
been as high as 750,000, which sounds like a lot of people until you
realize that is roughly equal to Fort Worth Texas sat in the middle of
the U.S. and not another person on the continent.

And you believe that these approximately 750,000 people were
scampering about, running here and there all over the place.

You totally ignore the difficulties that primitive groups have in just
getting enough to eat, not to mention all the rest of the
inconveniences of staying alive. Child and female morality, for
example, is extremely high in primitive societies.

Nope Dooley, we will have to mark this one up to a vivid imagination.

>Modern day hikers have no illusions about recreating primitive conditions,
>but the desire to preserve relatively primitive areas for spiritual
>recreation makes total sense. It is as close as we can get to our roots. And
>the recreation needs to be man on foot, not man on a machine. Wilderness
>areas are for pilgrimage, not for fun and games (sport). That you can’t see
>this makes you a true barbarian – a man without culture. I am quite right to
>despise you.

Well, I accept your term "relatively primitive" although one has to
wonder just how greatly a world with flush toilets, hot and cold
running water and paved foot paths can relate to "primitive"?

And what about all the mosquito's, deer fly's, yellow jacket hornets
midges and ticks in your relatively primitive world? I suspect that
you don't have any in your relative reality. Probably fog them every
evening.

And of course, no savage animals, no wolves, bears or catamounts in
your (relatively) primitive wilderness, I'm sure. Maybe a cute little
bunny rabbit or Bambi the deer (neglecting the fact that neither are
actually forest denizens) but certainly nothing dangerous.

Sorry, Dooley but you strike out again. You see a real wilderness
contains all kind of things. Yellow Jackets, mosquitoes and all kind
of creepy crawly things. right along side, heck, sometime right in it,
the big majestic redwood tree.

In fact, one of the ways that those big Red Wood trees got spread all
over the place is by those loveable little birds. You see the redwood
cone falls down and after decomposing a little exposes the seeds. The
nice birdies eat the seeds, but unfortunately the seed covers are hard
to digest so many seeds pass right through the birds digestive system
undigested.

An interesting thing about the Red Wood seed is that it doesn't want
to be buried like other seeds. Just drop it right there on the ground
and it is perfectly happy while if you bury it down deep away from the
sunlight and it dies. One might even say that over hundreds of
thousands of years the whole Red Wood reproduction system has depended
on bird shit. Horrible but true.

Given that your "relative primitive" has no basis in reality what you
might do is visit
http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2009/10/redwoods/nichols-photography#/07-silence-714.jpg

They have a wide selection of colored woodland photos. Just down load
one, up on the wide screen, set a 10 inch table fan to blow in your
face and open a bottle of pine scented Air Wick
http://www.airwick.us/products/
And there you would be. A virtual Forest.

Complete with air conditioning, flush toilets, mosquito screens, no
birds crapping on the floor and no mountain bikes. Nirvana!

And, it might be added, it will fit right in with your other imagined
realities.

>Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.
>
>Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?
>
>Ed Dolan the Great – Minnesota

--
cheers,

John B.

EdwardDolan

Aug 13, 2016, 6:16:11 AM8/13/16

wrote:

>OK, so let’s discuss the Sahara Desert in the context of “there are places
>where no man has ever walked”. Did you know that the Sahara was not always
>a desert? It was once a savanna that had water and animals and hence
>people.
>This was a long time ago and it is thought that those early
>hunter-gatherers
>later settled in Egypt when the desertification began. It is thought that
>an
>oscillation of the earth every 11,000 years causes this phenomenon, so
>maybe
>the Sahara will some day be a savanna again.
>
>But now you begin to see how absurd is your statement that there are areas
>of the earth that no man has ever walked. Man, like Kilroy, has at one time
>or another been everywhere (except Antarctica).
>

>> I've sort of been holding off replying as I've been trying to puzzle
out whether you are really as stupid as you seem to be or whether you
simply live in some parallel universe where "reality" is whatever you
would like it to be.

The only stupid clod here is yourself.

>> But be that as it may, to take up the question of the lush Sahara,
teeming with life and little foot prints.

You are the moron who stated that there were areas of the earth where no man
had ever trod. I would never be so stupid as to say that!

>> I did a bit of research and it seems pretty well agreed that the
Sahara may well have received a much higher rain fall in time past
than it does today and the time estimates seem to agree that the place
had reached its highest level of rainfall, and this plant growth and
"lushness" about 8,000 years BCE.

>> A bit more research shows that the two most agreed upon estimates of
human population on the planet is Hyde (published 2007) and Durand
(1974) who both agree that 5.0 million in -8000 is a likely figure.

>> A check on the earth habitable land area comes up with 63,699,062 km.
sq. Based on those figures there was, on an average one human for
every 12.7 sq. km. in 8000 bce.

>> Today's Sahara Desert covers some 9,400,000 sq. Km. so based on world
population estimates the total population of the Sahara might have
been as high as 750,000, which sounds like a lot of people until you
realize that is roughly equal to Fort Worth Texas sat in the middle of
the U.S. and not another person on the continent.

>> And you believe that these approximately 750,000 people were
scampering about, running here and there all over the place.

Yes, that is exactly what I believe. These early people were all
hunter-gatherers, and they required as much land as possible in order to
survive as hunter-gatherers. What foolishness to compare these early people
to a modern day city. The earth can support far more people today because of
the kind of discoveries and inventions mentioned in my recent post entitled
"Guns, Germs and Steel".

>> You totally ignore the difficulties that primitive groups have in just
getting enough to eat, not to mention all the rest of the
inconveniences of staying alive. Child and female morality, for
example, is extremely high in primitive societies.

No, on the contrary, it is precisely the difficulty of getting enough to eat
that requires the vast Sahara in time of plenty to support that population,
however meager by modern day standards.

>> Nope Dooley, we will have to mark this one up to a vivid imagination.

Your research on the Sahara agrees with what I know, but you seem to have no
clue of how much land it takes to support hunter-gatherer type of societies.

>Modern day hikers have no illusions about recreating primitive conditions,
>but the desire to preserve relatively primitive areas for spiritual
>recreation makes total sense. It is as close as we can get to our roots.
>And
>the recreation needs to be man on foot, not man on a machine. Wilderness
>areas are for pilgrimage, not for fun and games (sport). That you can’t see
>this makes you a true barbarian – a man without culture. I am quite right
>despise you.

>> Well, I accept your term "relatively primitive" although one has to
wonder just how greatly a world with flush toilets, hot and cold
running water and paved foot paths can relate to "primitive"?

Now who is lacking in imagination?

>> And what about all the mosquito's, deer fly's, yellow jacket hornets
midges and ticks in your relatively primitive world? I suspect that
you don't have any in your relative reality. Probably fog them every
evening.

>> And of course, no savage animals, no wolves, bears or catamounts in
your (relatively) primitive wilderness, I'm sure. Maybe a cute little
bunny rabbit or Bambi the deer (neglecting the fact that neither are
actually forest denizens) but certainly nothing dangerous.

>> Sorry, Dooley but you strike out again. You see a real wilderness
contains all kind of things. Yellow Jackets, mosquitoes and all kind
of creepy crawly things. right along side, heck, sometime right in it,
the big majestic redwood tree.

Even a relatively primitive area will contain many things that an urban
landscape will not. We do not need total immersion in the wild; a partial
immersion will do just fine, thank you. What we don't need are bicycles
whizzing around us when in a wilderness.

>> In fact, one of the ways that those big Red Wood trees got spread all
over the place is by those loveable little birds. You see the redwood
cone falls down and after decomposing a little exposes the seeds. The
nice birdies eat the seeds, but unfortunately the seed covers are hard
to digest so many seeds pass right through the birds digestive system
undigested.

>> An interesting thing about the Red Wood seed is that it doesn't want
to be buried like other seeds. Just drop it right there on the ground
and it is perfectly happy while if you bury it down deep away from the
sunlight and it dies. One might even say that over hundreds of
thousands of years the whole Red Wood reproduction system has depended
on bird shit. Horrible but true.

Relevance?

>> Given that your "relative primitive" has no basis in reality what you
might do is visit
http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2009/10/redwoods/nichols-photography#/07-silence-714.jpg

I have no interest at this particular time in learning anything about how
Redwood trees propagate. I do know that "relative primitive" is not an
abstraction, but a reality that millions of us appreciate to have at our
beck and call without the plague of mountain bikers present.

Additional nonsense deleted.
[...]

>> And, it might be added, it will fit right in with your other imagined
realities.

Vast primitive areas set aside for the spiritual recreation of hikers are
not imagined. They exist in reality and it is important to keep them as
unspoiled as possible in an ever increasing urbanized world.

John B.

Aug 14, 2016, 2:32:03 AM8/14/16
On Sat, 13 Aug 2016 05:16:13 -0500, "EdwardDolan" <edo...@iw.net>
wrote:

>"John B." wrote in message
>

>I have no interest at this particular time in learning anything about how
>Redwood trees propagate. I do know that "relative primitive" is not an
>abstraction, but a reality that millions of us appreciate to have at our
>beck and call without the plague of mountain bikers present.

"Relative primitive", yet another term used to justify the fact that
modern effete America only wants the "nice" things with none of the
real "primitive with toilets". Of course one cannot be expected to
squat down to take a crap. And how would one wash one's hands without
running water, and Oh God, a mosquito.

Jesus Dooley but you people are pathetic.

At least the mountain bike people are real, they are out there in the
mud and the crud, not sitting in an easy chair bemoaning the lack of
air conditioning.

--
cheers,

John B.

EdwardDolan

Aug 14, 2016, 7:52:41 AM8/14/16
"John B." wrote in message

On Sat, 13 Aug 2016 05:16:13 -0500, "EdwardDolan" <edo...@iw.net>
wrote:

My God! This idiot has finally learned how to edit a post.

>I have no interest at this particular time in learning anything about how
>Redwood trees propagate. I do know that "relative primitive" is not an
>abstraction, but a reality that millions of us appreciate to have at our
>beck and call without the plague of mountain bikers present.

>> "Relative primitive", yet another term used to justify the fact that
modern effete America only wants the "nice" things with none of the
real "primitive with toilets". Of course one cannot be expected to
squat down to take a crap. And how would one wash one's hands without
running water, and Oh God, a mosquito.

>> Jesus Dooley but you people are pathetic.

The only pathetic asshole here is yourself. I am now blaming myself for
wasting time on an idiot like you. Either post relevant content or get lost!

At least I am not hearing any more nonsense about you having tread where no
man has trod, nope, not even in the forbidding Sahara, let alone in lush
West Papua.

>> At least the mountain bike people are real, they are out there in the
mud and the crud, not sitting in an easy chair bemoaning the lack of
air conditioning.

Mountain bike people are crud. Fuck them, and you, all the way to Hell and
back!

John B.

Aug 14, 2016, 9:23:08 PM8/14/16
On Sun, 14 Aug 2016 06:52:39 -0500, "EdwardDolan" <edo...@iw.net>
wrote:
Nope. The Mountain Bikers are real. Out there in the mud and the crud,
getting rained on when it is wet and covered with snow in the winter
time.

The so called "treckers" are all living in their modified realism,
huddled in the shade and worrying about whether there will be a
toilet cubical available when the urge is felt.

The Treckers stand there and chant their mantra, "Its Ours, Its Ours"
while the Mountain Bikers just get on and ride.

One would think that the treckers would be out there defending what is
theirs, but they aren't. They are on the Internet shouting, "Its MINE,
Mine, mine". One can only suppose that the Treckers, or some of them
at least, realize that it isn't "Theirs" it actually belongs to the
public, of which they are only a very small part.

Sort of like the school kid, safe inside the school yard fence,
shouting "My daddy can lick your daddy" while outside the fence those
dirty people on bicycles just ride away.

But, I suppose, that is part of the while modified realism thing.
Imaging that one is an intrepid sort of bloke trudging over hill and
dale when the facts are that he/she/it is just a puny, insignificant,
creature, staring through the windshield of the car, looking at the
mountain.
--
cheers,

John B.

EdwardDolan

Aug 14, 2016, 10:15:35 PM8/14/16
"John B." wrote in message
[...]

> Nope. The Mountain Bikers are real. Out there in the mud and the crud,
getting rained on when it is wet and covered with snow in the winter
time.

In other words destroying the trails for all except themselves. See the
Great Mike Vandeman, Ph.D., for how bikes destroy trails, most especially
when ridden in wet conditions. My God, you are not only a fool, but a dumb
fool.

> The so called "treckers" are all living in their modified realism,
huddled in the shade and worrying about whether there will be a
toilet cubical available when the urge is felt.

You must be describing yourself here.

> The Treckers stand there and chant their mantra, "Its Ours, Its Ours"
while the Mountain Bikers just get on and ride.

> One would think that the treckers would be out there defending what is
theirs, but they aren't. They are on the Internet shouting, "Its MINE,
Mine, mine". One can only suppose that the Treckers, or some of them
at least, realize that it isn't "Theirs" it actually belongs to the
public, of which they are only a very small part.

I never heard of any hiker who thought that the trails belonged to just
anyone because part of the public. RTV'ers and motorcyclists are also part
of the public. Are you really this stupid or just putting me on? The fact
remains that trails do indeed belong to hikers and equestrians by right of
tradition if nothing else. Mountain bikers need to get their own god damn
fucking trails.

> Sort of like the school kid, safe inside the school yard fence,
shouting "My daddy can lick your daddy" while outside the fence those
dirty people on bicycles just ride away.

Your little kid references escape me. What is your age anyway? Of course, I
KNOW your mental age, but what is your physical age? I am guessing about 14.
But how does West Papua fit into this?

> But, I suppose, that is part of the while modified realism thing.
Imaging that one is an intrepid sort of bloke trudging over hill and
dale when the facts are that he/she/it is just a puny, insignificant,
creature, staring through the windshield of the car, looking at the
mountain.

You need to stop describing yourself on this forum as all you are doing is
announcing to the world what a fool you are. Since you like to do research,
look up straw man argument.

John B.

Aug 14, 2016, 11:05:40 PM8/14/16
On Sun, 14 Aug 2016 21:15:34 -0500, "EdwardDolan" <edo...@iw.net>
wrote:

>"John B." wrote in message
>[...]
>
>> Nope. The Mountain Bikers are real. Out there in the mud and the crud,
>getting rained on when it is wet and covered with snow in the winter
>time.
>
>In other words destroying the trails for all except themselves. See the
>Great Mike Vandeman, Ph.D., for how bikes destroy trails, most especially
>when ridden in wet conditions. My God, you are not only a fool, but a dumb
>fool.

Ah, the great Vandeman, the convicted criminal. (and yes I know that
he later did some squirming and arse kissing and got the record
expurgated and now threatens people that mention it)

But worshiping a criminal? Who is your next hero? "Ted" Kaczynski?
After all he held a doctorate and was a professor at Beckley, must be
an important guy. Was Vandiman a professor?

>> The so called "treckers" are all living in their modified realism,
>huddled in the shade and worrying about whether there will be a
>toilet cubical available when the urge is felt.
>
>You must be describing yourself here.

Nop.

You are the one that claimed to have spent 10 years roaming the trails
and you are the one that stated that you treckers didn't want the
pristine wilderness but a civilized version of that. No mosquitoes, no
mountain bikes, no mountain lions and indoor toilets.

And you are the guy that admitted that you and your so called treckers
are the ones that destroyed the pristine wilderness by building paths
and trails so that you didn't have to actually experience that
wilderness.

In other words, you don't want realism you want some watered down,
effete, version and you don't want any one else to impinge on your
reality by actually riding a mountain bike through it.

In short, all I'm doing is repeating stuff you said yourself.... and
now you are disparaging the statements that you originally made.

>Ed Dolan the Great – Minnesota

Nope. Ed Dolan, the individual who now argues that he didn't say whet
he said. (Note: sometimes referred to by the great unwashed as a liar)

--
cheers,

John B.

EdwardDolan

Aug 15, 2016, 12:12:45 AM8/15/16

wrote:

>"John B." wrote in message
>[...]
>
>> Nope. The Mountain Bikers are real. Out there in the mud and the crud,
>getting rained on when it is wet and covered with snow in the winter
>time.
>
>In other words destroying the trails for all except themselves. See the
>Great Mike Vandeman, Ph.D., for how bikes destroy trails, most especially
>when ridden in wet conditions. My God, you are not only a fool, but a dumb
>fool.

>>> Ah, the great Vandeman, the convicted criminal. (and yes I know that
he later did some squirming and arse kissing and got the record
expurgated and now threatens people that mention it)

Convicted of nothing. Mr.Vandeman is NOT a public figure and is therefore
entitled to sue for libel.

>>> But worshiping a criminal? Who is your next hero? "Ted" Kaczynski?
After all he held a doctorate and was a professor at Beckley, must be
an important guy. Was Vandiman a professor?

Acquiring a Ph.D is not an easy thing to do. But what would a dumbbell like
you know about that.

>> The so called "treckers" are all living in their modified realism,
>huddled in the shade and worrying about whether there will be a
>toilet cubical available when the urge is felt.
>
>You must be describing yourself here.

>>> You are the one that claimed to have spent 10 years roaming the trails
and you are the one that stated that you treckers didn't want the
pristine wilderness but a civilized version of that. No mosquitoes, no
mountain bikes, no mountain lions and indoor toilets.

Is there something wrong with civilization? The only pristine wilderness is
on other planets where no man has trod. We have already established that man
has been everywhere on this planet. Wilderness that approximates a state of
nature is good enough for everyone - except apparently for fools like you.
You need to make a better argument for permitting bikes on trails other than
arguing for a pristine wilderness to justify desecrations of less than
pristine wilderness.

>>> And you are the guy that admitted that you and your so called treckers
are the ones that destroyed the pristine wilderness by building paths
and trails so that you didn't have to actually experience that
wilderness.

Mankind has been trespassing all over the globe since he came out of Africa.
No part of the earth has been untouched by mankind - except large portions
of Antarctica. One can experience a wilderness with it having to be
pristine.

>>> In other words, you don't want realism you want some watered down,
effete, version and you don't want any one else to impinge on your
reality by actually riding a mountain bike through it.

One can experience a wilderness with it having to be pristine, but a
wilderness will no longer be a wilderness if mountain bikes and motorcycles
are whizzing through it.

>>> In short, all I'm doing is repeating stuff you said yourself.... and
now you are disparaging the statements that you originally made.

I have never been a purist about anything in my life. I can talk about
wilderness and its values without it having to be pristine. Obviously, you
can't.

In short, you have provided no justification for permitting bikes on trails
in wilderness settings. All you have done is present some juvenile sophistry
that fools nobody, least of all me.
[...]

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

John B.

Aug 15, 2016, 4:08:53 AM8/15/16
On Sun, 14 Aug 2016 23:12:44 -0500, "EdwardDolan" <edo...@iw.net>
Well, back again with your fantasies. What do they call it? Of yes,
"augmented reality". Of course that is an oxymoron as reality can't be
augmented, but I suppose it sounds a lot more technical than "Pipe
Dream", or "dumb ass dream", which would otherwise apply to you and
the other trekkers in their artificial "primitive" forest.

I mean, standing around with the trekking boots and the trekking pole
and the trekking jacket and the trekking pants, saying "Where's the
path?" "It can't be that dirt path there. Why that is all muddy and
I'll mess up the shine on my boots".

Than the Mountain Bikers come by all covered with mud and mire and
everybody has an excuse that they need to go home and watch TV. "Oh!
We can't trek now the trail is all messed up".

No "trekkers" here just a bunch of effete fools.
--
cheers,

John B.

EdwardDolan

Aug 15, 2016, 6:33:04 PM8/15/16
"John B." wrote in message
[...]

> Well, back again with your fantasies. What do they call it? Of yes,
"augmented reality". Of course that is an oxymoron as reality can't be
augmented, but I suppose it sounds a lot more technical than "Pipe
Dream", or "dumb ass dream", which would otherwise apply to you and
the other trekkers in their artificial "primitive" forest.

No wilderness on earth is pristine. All have been touched by mankind.

> I mean, standing around with the trekking boots and the trekking pole
and the trekking jacket and the trekking pants, saying "Where's the
path?" "It can't be that dirt path there. Why that is all muddy and
I'll mess up the shine on my boots".

No one knows what you are blathering about. But I know you for the fool that
you are.

> Than the Mountain Bikers come by all covered with mud and mire and
everybody has an excuse that they need to go home and watch TV. "Oh!
We can't trek now the trail is all messed up".

The only mess I know about is YOU!

> No "trekkers" here just a bunch of effete fools.

Better to be effete than a destroyer of wilderness values.

Your juvenile sophistry will get you no where with me or with anyone else
with a brain in his head. Try something different, why don't you?

John B.

Aug 17, 2016, 12:20:25 AM8/17/16
On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 17:33:04 -0500, "EdwardDolan" <edo...@iw.net>
wrote:
Hey Duddly, the other day I mentioned that I was wondering about you.
Whether you actually believe your stuff or whether you were lying.

And then you mentioned the Great God Vanderman and how smart he was
because he was a doctor. In fact you equated a doctorate with great
mental powers.

Somehow I seem to associate "Berkeley" and a doctorate in psychology
with the good doctor, so I did a search. Unfortunately Berkeley,
Psychology Department seems to have no record of any Vanderman, nor
can I find a reference to Berkeley granting a Doctorate in any subject
to a "Vanderman".

There seems to be something a bit weird here. A Doctor with no school
records?

Would you care to comment on how Vanderman can have a doctorate and no
school records the award of such a diploma?
--
cheers,

John B.

EdwardDolan

Aug 18, 2016, 3:09:35 AM8/18/16
"John B." wrote in message
[...]

> Hey Duddly, the other day I mentioned that I was wondering about you.
Whether you actually believe your stuff or whether you were lying.

> And then you mentioned the Great God Vanderman and how smart he was
because he was a doctor. In fact you equated a doctorate with great
mental powers.

I equate a doctorate with knowing something about something, unlike you who
seem to know nothing about nothing.

> Somehow I seem to associate "Berkeley" and a doctorate in psychology
with the good doctor, so I did a search. Unfortunately Berkeley,
Psychology Department seems to have no record of any Vanderman, nor
can I find a reference to Berkeley granting a Doctorate in any subject
to a "Vanderman".

By Berkeley, I assume you mean the University of California at Berkeley. Try
some other schools somewhere else.

>>> There seems to be something a bit weird here. A Doctor with no school
records?

>>> Would you care to comment on how Vanderman can have a doctorate and no
school records the award of such a diploma?

His degree was acquired at some other school ... or else your research is as
fucked up as you are.

I am interested in what a moron like you were ever doing in a place like
West Papua (New Guinea)? Frankly, it is the ONLY thing about you that
interests me.

John B.

Aug 18, 2016, 5:15:31 AM8/18/16
On Thu, 18 Aug 2016 02:09:36 -0500, "EdwardDolan" <edo...@iw.net>
wrote:

>"John B." wrote in message
>[...]
>
>> Hey Duddly, the other day I mentioned that I was wondering about you.
>Whether you actually believe your stuff or whether you were lying.
>
>> And then you mentioned the Great God Vanderman and how smart he was
>because he was a doctor. In fact you equated a doctorate with great
>mental powers.
>
>I equate a doctorate with knowing something about something, unlike you who
>seem to know nothing about nothing.
>
>> Somehow I seem to associate "Berkeley" and a doctorate in psychology
>with the good doctor, so I did a search. Unfortunately Berkeley,
>Psychology Department seems to have no record of any Vanderman, nor
>can I find a reference to Berkeley granting a Doctorate in any subject
>to a "Vanderman".
>
>By Berkeley, I assume you mean the University of California at Berkeley. Try
>some other schools somewhere else.

>records?

>school records the award of such a diploma?
>
>His degree was acquired at some other school ... or else your research is as
>fucked up as you are.

I see. You don't know, you can't find out and all you have is hope
that your idol's feet aren't made of clay.

So, the only question than is (1) are you as equal a phony as your
mentor? or (2) just a fool clinging to the shreds of a tattered idol?

Hey! did you know that way back before Vandy discovered Mountain Bikes
he used to rant and rave about cars. "CARS MUST BE BANNED!" You see he
claimed that an automobile ran over his cat and thus all autos must be
banned from the city. Then, for a while he was arguing that Bulldozers
Must Be Banned", as he argued that bulldozers were killing the snakes.

You picked a real loony to worship.

>I am interested in what a moron like you were ever doing in a place like
>West Papua (New Guinea)? Frankly, it is the ONLY thing about you that
>interests me.

Maintenance Supervisor at the largest copper mine in the world
(reserves).

But that really isn't important, is it. What is important is that I
got off my arse and went out and saw a little of the world and what
some of its inhabitants are actually like.

Rather than huddling in some hut trying to impress people that
although I have no experience at all I really do know what I am
talking about. (See Vandi told me so).

By the way, the Grasberg job was just the first time I was in Irian. I
spent another 5 years there during various periods, in various parts
of the province, on various projects.

>Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.
>
>Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?
>
>Ed Dolan the Great – Minnesota

--
cheers,

John B.

EdwardDolan

Aug 18, 2016, 1:46:44 PM8/18/16
"John B." wrote in message
You seem to enjoy looking things up ... so the ball is in your court. Trust
me, if I wanted to find out, I would. I was a professional librarian in
another lifetime.

>>> So, the only question than is (1) are you as equal a phony as your
mentor? or (2) just a fool clinging to the shreds of a tattered idol?

So ... nothing. You do not have a clue as to what I think about anything -
period!

>>> Hey! did you know that way back before Vandy discovered Mountain Bikes
he used to rant and rave about cars. "CARS MUST BE BANNED!" You see he
claimed that an automobile ran over his cat and thus all autos must be
banned from the city. Then, for a while he was arguing that Bulldozers
Must Be Banned", as he argued that bulldozers were killing the snakes.

He wants to reduce the impact of our life style (extreme urbanization) on
nature. It is all of one piece, but you are too stupid to see it.

>>> You picked a real loony to worship.

I only worship the sun from which all life emanates.

>I am interested in what a moron like you were ever doing in a place like
>West Papua (New Guinea)? Frankly, it is the ONLY thing about you that
>interests me.

>>> Maintenance Supervisor at the largest copper mine in the world
(reserves).

>>> But that really isn't important, is it. What is important is that I
got off my arse and went out and saw a little of the world and what
some of its inhabitants are actually like.

>>> Rather than huddling in some hut trying to impress people that
although I have no experience at all I really do know what I am
talking about. (See Vandi told me so).

So you have an engineering degree, but are sadly lacking in the liberal
arts. It is why you are such a savage yourself.

>>> By the way, the Grasberg job was just the first time I was in Irian. I
spent another 5 years there during various periods, in various parts
of the province, on various projects.

Well, you and I are polar opposites. That is probably why we are never going
to see things eye to eye.

You actually remind me of another engineer I butted heads with on various
newsgroups a few years back. He was a civil engineer and knew all the
technical aspects of bicycles. I did defer to him in his area of expertise,
just as I would to you. But outside his specialty, he was a nut like you. I
think engineers are "can do" people and this leads them to believe that they
have expert knowledge on subjects outside their area of expertise. We
liberals arts people are more humble. We don't pretend to be experts on
every subject under the sun.

For all the time you spent in New Guinea, you seemed not to have made any
connection with the locals. A little anthropology would have corrected that
deficiency in you. No doubt, you played the role of the ugly American (or
was it "ugly Australian") there just as you are playing that role here.
There is probably nothing wrong with you that a little civilization
(culture) would not cure. I have spent most of my life listening to the
music of Beethoven. That would be a good place for you to begin.

John B.

Aug 18, 2016, 11:20:48 PM8/18/16
On Thu, 18 Aug 2016 12:46:46 -0500, "EdwardDolan" <edo...@iw.net>
Well, the usual "project" would have from 1,000 to 3,000 locals
working on it and strange as it may seem, we took a very great
interest in the "troops". We supplied a Doctor and medical staff to
treat them. We provided food and good water and ensured that it was
properly distributed. We supplied safety gear, and we even provided
entertainment. We showed two movies a week and they came in hordes.
Some non employees walked for several days to "go to the movies".

But how would one not interact. there is you, maybe one other
foreigner, 4 Javanese, and 3,000 locals?

Oh, by the way, your knowledge of English literature, as it is in
other fields, somewhat lacking. You see, in the book, the "Ugly
American" was the good guy.

So, here we have the brilliant and resourceful Dooley who worships a
doctor who has no doctorate and knows nothing about American
Literature and who's sole knowledge seems to be that a bicycle has
wheels.

Quite obviously an ignoramus who has seized on one tiny bit of
information and now exhibits his "knowledge" for all to see.

--
cheers,

John B.

EdwardDolan

Aug 19, 2016, 1:22:36 AM8/19/16
"John B." wrote in message

On Thu, 18 Aug 2016 12:46:46 -0500, "EdwardDolan" <edo...@iw.net>
wrote:
[...]

>For all the time you spent in New Guinea, you seemed not to have made any
>connection with the locals. A little anthropology would have corrected that
>deficiency in you. No doubt, you played the role of the ugly American (or
>was it "ugly Australian") there just as you are playing that role here.
>There is probably nothing wrong with you that a little civilization
>(culture) would not cure. I have spent most of my life listening to the
>music of Beethoven. That would be a good place for you to begin.

>> Well, the usual "project" would have from 1,000 to 3,000 locals
working on it and strange as it may seem, we took a very great
interest in the "troops". We supplied a Doctor and medical staff to
treat them. We provided food and good water and ensured that it was
properly distributed. We supplied safety gear, and we even provided
entertainment. We showed two movies a week and they came in hordes.
Some non employees walked for several days to "go to the movies".

Just a work place environment where you and yours ruled.

>> But how would one not interact. there is you, maybe one other
foreigner, 4 Javanese, and 3,000 locals?

You needed to go to their villages and see how they lived away from you. And
maybe wander about the island a bit on foot so as to get the flavor of the
place. But, unlike David Diamond ("Guns, Germs and Steel"), you had neither
the wit nor the wisdom to see the world as they saw it. You might as well
have stayed in the States (or is it Australia) for all the good it ever did
you.

>> Oh, by the way, your knowledge of English literature, as it is in
other fields, somewhat lacking. You see, in the book, the "Ugly
American" was the good guy.

No one reads a trash book like that except the uninformed who think it is
"literature". The reference was to the movie. Marlon Brando always struck me
as an ugly guy. I am sure you were too.

What are your credentials for commenting on wilderness and wilderness
values? Because you poked your head into the jungle of New Guinea, however
briefly? Give me a break! What you lack above all else is a spiritual
grounding in the eternal verities of life on this earth for mankind. That is
something that both Mr. Vandeman and I are expert at due to our pastimes of
taking a walk in the woods. The delight and wonderment of that will forever
escape you because you are a barbarian. Only folks of high culture and
civilized knowledge know anything about the values of wilderness. Your New
Guinea savages know nothing but how to survive in it. That is apparently the
extent of your knowledge too.

Anyone who runs away from a settled area to live in a wilderness is an
idiot. The TV channels are full of programs that are about fools like that.
Such folks are crazy and are to be pitied more than condemned. But fuck 'em
anyway! My patience for suffering fools was long ago exhausted.

>> So, here we have the brilliant and resourceful Dooley who worships a
doctor who has no doctorate and knows nothing about American
Literature and who's sole knowledge seems to be that a bicycle has
wheels.

So says an engineer and an overseer who is little better than a savage
himself.

>> Quite obviously an ignoramus who has seized on one tiny bit of
information and now exhibits his "knowledge" for all to see.

I know that single track trails in wilderness are for walking, not for the
sport of mountain biking. That is one hell of a lot more than you know.

John B.

Aug 19, 2016, 5:16:41 AM8/19/16
On Fri, 19 Aug 2016 00:22:38 -0500, "EdwardDolan" <edo...@iw.net>
wrote:

>"John B." wrote in message
>Anyone who runs away from a settled area to live in a wilderness is an
>idiot. The TV channels are full of programs that are about fools like that.
>Such folks are crazy and are to be pitied more than condemned. But fuck 'em
>anyway! My patience for suffering fools was long ago exhausted.

And that tells the real story. A bloke that states that anyone that
runs away from a settled area.... and than feigns expertise in
forests. Nope Dooly you have outed yourself. You are just another fake
like Vandi.

What's next. Will you, like Vandi, start screaming about the
bulldozers killing the snakes?
--
cheers,

John B.

EdwardDolan

Aug 19, 2016, 4:17:14 PM8/19/16

wrote:

>Anyone who runs away from a settled area to live in a wilderness is an
>idiot. The TV channels are full of programs that are about fools like that.
>Such folks are crazy and are to be pitied more than condemned. But fuck 'em
>anyway! My patience for suffering fools was long ago exhausted.

>> And that tells the real story. A bloke that states that anyone that
runs away from a settled area.... and than feigns expertise in
forests. Nope Dooly you have outed yourself. You are just another fake
like Vandi.

Experts and cultivated gentlemen like us are never appreciated by the hoi
polloi like you.

You were the asshole that ran away from a settled area to work in a
primitive area. You did it for the money of course but you probably thought
you were improving the lives of the natives. Fucking missionary types always
think they are improving the lives of the natives whether from religious
motives or economic motives. And then such types take pride in their hard
work. Take your hard work and stuff it up your ass!

>> What's next. Will you, like Vandi, start screaming about the
bulldozers killing the snakes?

If a snake wants to bite you in the ass, I would not object.