I hate the Cutters in France

1 view

Kevin Greene

Nov 7, 2003, 5:45:42 PM11/7/03
I am a cutter as is my son...we had a great time hanging with these guys
in France the last 2 years...unlike the bitter morons who kicked off
this discussion- the cutters love France,love our sport and are a true
joy to be around...my son David and myself are happy to call them
friends...i have been around this sport for 18 years...like all humanity
it is full of pious lunatics who hate like hell to see others have a
good time as well as those who can fully appreciate what a gift it is to
be in france...to see this great event...just a word to matt...matt i am
from philly and would be happy any day,any time to help you gain some
much needed humility on the manayunk wall...you name the time...we both
know how that would turn out...as for whoever the chief is...I was on
the ventoux 2 years ago...funny...i did not see you

Boyd Speerschneider

Nov 7, 2003, 6:36:48 PM11/7/03
Kevin Greene <usenet...@cyclingforums.com> wrote in news:3fac2546$1_3
@news.chariot.net.au:

So...

You make your living cutting rock in quarries?

Because that's what a cutter is... not a poser that has his wealthy parents
fly him to France in July; then proceeds to make an ass of himself, making
other Americans look bad.

*Real* cutters are lucky to afford luxuries like food and shelter let alone
a plane ticket to France. I'm halfway sensitive to this fact as I grew up
not far from Bloomington, IN. I have some appreciation for the real deal.

- Boyd S.
hates posers... especially "Cutters" posers

chiefhiawatha

Nov 7, 2003, 9:40:20 PM11/7/03
In article <3fac2546$1...@news.chariot.net.au>, Kevin Greene
<usenet...@cyclingforums.com> wrote:

Really? Among the thousands of people, you didn't see me? Maybe
your stupid shark got in the way.

Carl Sundquist

Nov 7, 2003, 9:51:36 PM11/7/03

"Kevin Greene" <usenet...@cyclingforums.com> wrote in message
<< snip >>

> --

What is it with these cyclingforum guys who post something to a thread that died about 3
months ago?

This is like the third in the past month, although by different posters (I think).

Amit

Nov 7, 2003, 10:09:59 PM11/7/03
Kevin Greene <usenet...@cyclingforums.com> wrote in message news:<3fac2546$1...@news.chariot.net.au>...

Dumabass,

Bicycling called, they want their readers back.

Richard Adams

Nov 8, 2003, 12:42:19 AM11/8/03

Really...

slow...

feeds...

BTW I've noticed Google->Groups takes about 3 hours for a posting to
appear on there. Glad my ISP has news.

Fred Marx

Nov 8, 2003, 3:07:52 AM11/8/03
.. Glad my ISP has news.

ditto I am really pleased that mine will go through the hassle to
maintain a news server.

Carl Sundquist

Nov 8, 2003, 10:45:35 AM11/8/03
Richard Adams wrote:

> Carl Sundquist wrote:
> >
> > What is it with these cyclingforum guys who post something to a thread
> > that died about 3 months ago?
> >
> > This is like the third in the past month, although by different
> > posters (I think).
> Really...
> slow...
> feeds...
> BTW I've noticed Google->Groups takes about 3 hours for a posting to
> appear on there. Glad my ISP has news.

Not that slow.

(Sent at 9:10 am central time)

Kevin Greene

Nov 8, 2003, 10:45:36 AM11/8/03
Boyd...my parents are not wealthy- I worked to earn the $ to go and that
you are sensitive to the struggles of real cutters is heart
warming...you miss the point of course...sounds as if you are
bitter...ride more...it helps to drain away all that anger

Ewoud Dronkert

Nov 8, 2003, 12:48:40 PM11/8/03
On 9 Nov 2003 02:35:36 +1050, Kevin Greene wrote:
> ride more...it helps to drain away all that anger

You should too, to relax that nervous twitching whenever you hit the
full stop key.

Nick Burns

Nov 8, 2003, 12:49:02 PM11/8/03

"Carl Sundquist" <usenet...@cyclingforums.com> wrote in message

> Richard Adams wrote:
> > Carl Sundquist wrote:
> > >
> > > What is it with these cyclingforum guys who post something to a
thread
> > > that died about 3 months ago?
> > >
> > > This is like the third in the past month, although by different
> > > posters (I think).
> > Really...
> > slow...
> > feeds...
> > BTW I've noticed Google->Groups takes about 3 hours for a posting to
> > appear on there. Glad my ISP has news.
>

> Not that slow.
>
> (Sent at 9:10 am central time)

It is not the latency at all that causes these articles to come in months
after the topic is dead here. The issue is the way the articles are
presented with the web interface. As you can see, they show up here the same
day they are posted. The articles are broken down by category, then
sub-category and only then by date (or age). Many articles are presented as
"fresh" thate are months old. When the users are browsing the topics, they
are just as likely to read articles that are months old as they are to find
the newer ones.

In addition, (this one is a guess) I am do not think that all of the
articles are even presented there. I think there is a moderator that decides
if and where to post them.

Andrew Martin

Nov 8, 2003, 6:48:02 PM11/8/03
Kevin Greene <usenet...@cyclingforums.com> wrote in message news:<3fac2546$1...@news.chariot.net.au>...

The cutters guys give the US a bad name. That was the point.

You can happily return to training for your big "century" next year
along with the rest of the Cat 6's on this group.

-a

Andrew Martin

Nov 8, 2003, 7:34:51 PM11/8/03
Kevin Greene <usenet...@cyclingforums.com> wrote in message news:<3fac2546$1...@news.chariot.net.au>...

Sorry - I misspoke earlier...Cat 5:

http://www.pacycling.org/2003results/qcw.htm
Men's 4/5
1 Paul Incognito First State Velo Sport
2 Damien Colfer NHCC
3 Jack Basile Main Line Cycling
4 Joaquim Carvalho Quaker City Wheelmen
5 Sam Lark Team Focus
6 Charles Denton Red Rose Rockets
7 Edward Ficklin Team Focus
8 Rick Miller Quaker City Wheelmen
9 John Murphy Wissahickon
10 John Nyman Tri State Velo
11 Michael Weber Main Line Cycling
12 Chad Smeltzer First Capital Velo
13 Jeffrey Shumaker Unattached
14 ?
15 Robert Web LWA
16 Wally Wormley Unattached
17 ?
18 ?
19 ?
20 Neil Gussman European Tech
21 Matt Warner Quaker City Wheelmen
22 ?
23 Colton Valentine Unattached
24 David Frankford Main Line Cycling
25 Kevin Greene Quaker City Wheelmen
26 Mark Valentine Unattached

Robert Chung

Nov 9, 2003, 2:04:41 AM11/9/03

I'd like to point out that my Schuey-Lance post got a cyclingforums
response after 10-1/2 months. I claim the record.

Carl Sundquist

Nov 9, 2003, 10:01:33 AM11/9/03

"Robert Chung" <inv...@nospam.com> wrote in message

> I'd like to point out that my Schuey-Lance post got a cyclingforums
> response after 10-1/2 months. I claim the record.

And nicely timed, as well.

Your Momma

Nov 9, 2003, 10:51:00 PM11/9/03
This is a guy who crashed training for a century by himself.

Anyone want to bet Lance Armstrong is his favorite rider. Next he will be
saying Armstrong is the best cyclist in the world.

"Andrew Martin" <andrew_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message