Corestates Predictions

Christopher Kirkwood

Jun 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/11/97

It's that time of year again. Who will win this year's race?

Repeat for Gragus!

Rexmba

Jun 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/11/97

Bowen or Tafi !

-Hunter-

N. Peter Armitage

Jun 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/11/97

For the win? Probably some random Euro. I'll go with one of the
Massimilliano's i.e. Mori or Lelli

But for the jersey? I'd have to say that Frank "The Tank" McCormack is
going to open his '97 nationals account at Corestates Bank this Sunday.

-Pete

Carlsun

Jun 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/11/97

With a kilometer to go, Erin "Ervdog" Hartwell will attack and his
Norwegian teammates will fend off any chasers. Erin will then chip a tooth
trying to open a bottle of [Korbel] champagne on the victory stand,
returning to his "toothless" days of the 80's and early 90's. Mark
McCormack will continue his successes by winning a bunch sprint for 2nd.

Daniel Connelly

Jun 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/11/97

Okay... I can't resist the opportunity for a contest... :)

If you send your predictions to me, at the Reply-To address
"djco...@nucleus.stanford.edu", I'll tally points and pick the
winner, picking a men's race, women's race, and overall. Please try
and enter both races.

Rules:

0. No prizes -- just glory :).
1. Entry deadline Friday EDT
2. Format as follows:
* Subject: contains CONTEST
* line: "men"
* list 10 places: place, lastname, firstname
* line: "women"
* list 10 places: place, lastname, firstname
3. places are worth: 14,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 for top 10 places
4. score is product of actual place and predicted place for each rider
5. men and women weighted equally
6. INCORRECTLY SPELLED NAMES MAY NOT COUNT: (check those Lithuanians!)
Note: there are plenty of good references for the spelling of
the women. One good one is http://www.hpiwc.com/
7. If you don't enter all picks, "Connelly, Daniel" will
be entered as the default (ether race :))
8. I am allowed to participate

----------------------------------
Sample entry:

Subject: CONTEST

men
1 adams adam
2 baker bob
3 coleman chris
4 davis david
5 elric eric
6 fisher fred
7 gilman gil
8 houdini harry
9 ion id
10 jones jim

women
1 adams ann
2 baker beth
3 coleman cathy
4 davis dina
5 elric ellie
6 fisher frieda
7 gilman gilly
8 houdini harrianne
9 ion iddy
10 jones jack

Lancdoup

Jun 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/12/97

IF Mario is there, I predict a Cippolili on the top step. If no Cippo,
Horner or Tafi......
Michael Doupe

Dave Lettieri

Jun 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/12/97

Registration is not until Saturday afternoon. Preliminary list w/o the
independents.

CoreStates USPRO Road Championship
6/15/97 Philadelphia, PA
156 miles

Starters:

US Postal
Eddy Gregas
Darren Baker
Sven Tuetenburg
Anton Villatoro
Nate Reiss
Scott Mercier
Tomasz Brozyna
George Hincapie
Remi Lupekis

Saturn
Steve Hegg
Bart Bowen
Frank McCormick
Mike McCarthy
Brian Walton
Fred Rodriguez
Mariano Friedick
Chris Wherry

Comptel\Colorado Cyclist
Malcolm Elliott
Trent Klasna
Mike Sayers
Andy Bishop
Levi Leipheimer
John Peters
Jonathan Vaughters
Chris Walker
Kirk Willett

Shaklee
Kent Bostick
Derek Bouchard-Hall
J-Me Carney
Jonas Carney
Scott Mercer
Julian Dean
Matt Koshara
Colby Pearce
Patrick Eyk
Eric Wahlberg

Navigators
Mike Engleman
Phil Cable
Scott Moninger
Rob Ventura
Skip Spangenburg
Chris Waskevich
Brian Dykes
Todd Littlehales
Chad Gurlach

Plymouth
Roberto Gaggioli
Dylan Casey
Harm Jensen
Greg Oravetz
Steve Speaks
Dave MCCook

Mapei GB
Jan Svorada
Bart Leysen
Andrea Tafi
Zenon Jaskula
Stefano Zanini

Francaise Des Jeux
Chris Horner
Simone Rebellin
Jean Patrick Nazon

Seaco Cannondale
Alessio DiBasco
Riccardo Faverio
Massimiliano Lelli
Eddy Mazzoleni
Massimiliano Mori
Angelo Canzonieri

Cantino Tollo
Fabrizio Arzilli
Stefano Dante
Stefano Cembali
Franco Maragno
Mauizio Frizzo
Yuri Recanati

Amore & Vita
Maurizio De Pasquale
Michele Ferti
Gilberto Zattoni
Simone Zucchi
Tim Jones
Luca Maggioni

AIS Giant
Brett Dennis
Nick Gates
Damian McDonald
Peter Rogers
Jay Sweet
Matt White
Jens Voigt
Tom Konecny
Miloslav Kejval
Tom Sadlacacek

MROZ (Poland)
Cezary Zemano
Rajmundas Rumsas
Pawel Rychlicki
Piotr Wadecki
Jacek Micklewicz
Grzegorz Rosolinski
Andrezej Sypytkowski
Dariusz Wojciechowski

Village Peddler
Jim Freyer
Matt Anand
Chris Fisher
Chris Elke
Derby Pattengill
Esteban Fraga
Nathen Dalberg
Oliver Starr
Nestor Schasse

alb...@mail.med.upenn.edu

Jun 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/12/97

In article <5npdm2$h...@dfw-ixnews4.ix.netcom.com>,

che...@ix.netcom.com(Dave Lettieri) wrote:

> Registration is not until Saturday afternoon. Preliminary list w/o the
> independents.

What about Die Continale (are they under one of these names?)
And which team has bright lime jersey's?

Thanks,
Andrew Albright

> US Postal
> Saturn
> Comptel\Colorado Cyclist
Shaklee
Navigators
> Plymouth
> Mapei GB
> Francaise Des Jeux
> Seaco Cannondale
> Cantino Tollo
> Amore & Vita
> AIS Giant
> MROZ (Poland)
> Village Peddler

Brian Hirsch

Jun 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/13/97

Has anyone else heard rumors that Super Mario may ride Corestates? I
would have figured he'd have been around for for last nights Corestates
Trenton warm-up race, especially given the flat terrain and blistering
speed (over 30 MPH average for 90 miles). Anyone know where he is/what
race he's doing this weekend?

Brian Hirsch

alb...@mail.med.upenn.edu wrote:
: In article <5npdm2$h...@dfw-ixnews4.ix.netcom.com>,

Lancdoup

Jun 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/14/97

Die Continentale has combined with Les Francaise des Jeux for this
campaign, at least that is how they are listed in the program. I did not
notice any lime green jerseys on Tuesday's race....
Michael Doupe

Dave Lettieri

Jun 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/14/97

To clear rumors: NO Mario Cippolini

CoreStates USPRO Road Championship
6/15/97 Philadelphia, PA
156 miles

Starters:

US Postal
Eddy Gregas
Darren Baker
Sven Tuetenburg
Anton Villatoro
Nate Reiss
Scott Mercier
Tomasz Brozyna
George Hincapie
Remi Lupekis

Saturn
Steve Hegg
Norm Alvis

Tony Bodwin

Die Continental (Germany)
Zach Conrad
Scott McGrory
Mark Freudenberg
Grischa Niermann
Bjorn Glasner

Richbrau
Theron Colucci
Tim Cox
Shawn Forsythe
Eric Korff
Eric Messenger
Kirby Newman
Rob Reynolds-Jones
Shawn Willard

Cycleklubben Bjorgvin (Norway)
Kurt Asle Arvesen
Frode Flesja
Adam Laurent (USA)
Lars Johnsen
Andre Kjaergard
Vergard Overas Leid
Bo Andre Namtyedt
Bjorn Stenersen
Christian Vande Velde (USA)
Jonathan Page (USA)

Others:
Independent Pros
Paul Wood
Dirk Friel
Eric Barber
Tom Kalstrup
Everard richards
John Corbett
Nickolai Semenchine
Bill Elliston
Chris Pic
Steve Sevener
Adam Livingston
Johner Wike
Frank Banfield
John Powell
C. Lukaszewicz
John Powell
Alex Kedrouk
Ashley Powell
Ainslie McEachran
Kevin Ross

Brian Hirsch

Jun 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/14/97

Lancdoup (lanc...@aol.com) wrote:
: Die Continentale has combined with Les Francaise des Jeux for this

: campaign, at least that is how they are listed in the program. I did not
: notice any lime green jerseys on Tuesday's race....
: Michael Doupe

I don't believe that this is how it's going to work in the race--meaning
they are racing separately. I just rode today with Chris Horner and one
of his teammates (he only spoke French, and mine is horrible, so I didn't
even catch his name). These guys were out with Saturn, who duh I also
rode with. When we got back to town, Die Continentale showed up at the
cafe and Horner and Brian Walton and those guys all talked about (joking)
how they were going to kick the other guys' butts. Didn't sound like
teammates to me. But it was very funny.

BTW, the lime green jerseys belong to a Norwegian team (can't begin to
pronounce the name), two of whome were also on the ride (it was awsome
and huge). That's the team Andrew was asking about earlier.

Brian Hirsch

Patrick Rowland

Jun 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/15/97
to djco...@nucleus.stanford.edu

men

Hincapie
McCormack
Tafi
Saeco rider
Klasna
Ventura
Gaggioli
Horner
Mroz rider
Lukewicz, cheslaw (sp?)
plus 3 others that made the break

women.

kurreck to win
karen bliss livingston 2nd
a few liths and others...

sleeper... paula MacNamara in top 12

Corey Hilliard

Jun 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/16/97
to N. Peter Armitage

Where did you get your crystal ball and how much did it cost? I am
impressedl! You correctly guessed that a Saturn rider would get the
jersey. Wow!

Corey Hilliard