Attention Drug Warriors

Joy Beeson

Apr 27, 2023, 1:49:48 PM4/27/23

Spouse's pain killer finally cleared the paperwork that you approve of
so heartily, and I picked it up just before noon today.

If you are nodding sagely and saying that any sacrifice is worth it if
it keeps drugs out of the hands of addicts and pushers, then you have
no moral right, under any circumstances, to take any drug which has
ever been taken recreationally or for a purpose that you disapprove
of.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at centurylink dot net

pH

Apr 27, 2023, 6:17:39 PM4/27/23
On 2023-04-27, Joy Beeson <jbe...@invalid.net.invalid> wrote:

> Spouse's pain killer finally cleared the paperwork that you approve of
> so heartily, and I picked it up just before noon today.
>

> If you are nodding sagely and saying that any sacrifice is worth it if
> it keeps drugs out of the hands of addicts and pushers, then you have
> no moral right, under any circumstances, to take any drug which has
> ever been taken recreationally or for a purpose that you disapprove
> of.

Pain killers aside, is spouse all right? (obviously not...I mean will he
*be* all right?)

We do seem to have a *lot* of rules, regulations and limitations for being
Land of the Free, Home of the Brave, don't we?

pH

John B.

Apr 27, 2023, 6:50:09 PM4/27/23
On Thu, 27 Apr 2023 13:49:43 -0400, Joy Beeson
<jbe...@invalid.net.invalid> wrote:

>Spouse's pain killer finally cleared the paperwork that you approve of
>so heartily, and I picked it up just before noon today.
>

>If you are nodding sagely and saying that any sacrifice is worth it if
>it keeps drugs out of the hands of addicts and pushers, then you have
>no moral right, under any circumstances, to take any drug which has
>ever been taken recreationally or for a purpose that you disapprove
>of.

Do you mean that in the U.S. even if a doctor proscribes a medicine
that it requires some sort of additional approval before it can be
given to the patient?
--
Cheers,

John B.

Joy Beeson

Apr 28, 2023, 9:08:12 PM4/28/23
On Thu, 27 Apr 2023 22:17:37 -0000 (UTC), pH <wNOS...@gmail.org>
wrote:

> Pain killers aside, is spouse all right? (obviously not...I mean will he
> *be* all right?)

The doctors thought that the surgery got all of the melanoma, but it
being melanoma, they also prescribed radiation, which makes his leg
very sore. It's been days since he walked away from his walker.

Shortly before I picked up the medication, he told the X-ray guys that
he couldn't take any more, and they said he'd had enough.

What the practioner told me about the next step (which is like chemo,
but not the same thing) went in one ear and out the other, but I
gather that the worst side effect is fatigue.

(News in while post was cooling: The next step has been moved up
because the radiation ended sooner than expected.)

Meanwhile, I'm very nervous when not at home. I took a short ride (a
mexican grocery & the library) while he went to the radiation doctors,
and when I texted that I was on the way back, he texted back that I
should try to pick up the medication. The script had finally arrived,
but I had to wait a while for them to fill it.

Friday, 28 April 2023

He's walking a little better today.

John B.

Apr 28, 2023, 9:51:54 PM4/28/23
I'm not a doctor and I never had chemo but I did break my pelvis at
the left hip joint. I find that while medication does deaden the pain
for a while a more lasting solution is stretching the joint, actually
the leg movement, which leads, I suppose, to
"looser" ligaments and less pain.

I, once asked a doctor why, if exercise and stretching helped me why
he had never mentioned exercise and stretching and he replied, "If I
prescribe pain pills the patient will take them", "If I prescribe
exercise the patient will..." and he just shrugged.
--
Cheers,

John B.

pH

Apr 29, 2023, 1:44:55 PM4/29/23
Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I recall that immunotherapy--of which
your doctors must surely be aware--worked wonders for President Carter when
he had melanoma a decade or so ago.

pH

Joy Beeson

May 1, 2023, 10:00:00 PM5/1/23
On Sat, 29 Apr 2023 17:44:52 -0000 (UTC), pH <wNOS...@gmail.org>
wrote:

> I recall that immunotherapy--of which
> your doctors must surely be aware--

He had his first session today. I won't need to go with him for the
second, which will be in three weeks.

It's bedtime.