Snap Turn

Joy Beeson

Nov 28, 2023, 9:51:11 PM11/28/23

The snap turn being "discussed" on r.b.t. appears to be what was
called an instant right turn when I failed to learn how to do it.

What it is, is a rock dodge, but you don't straighten up after dodging
to the left. For me, dodging is instinctive, not straightening up
most definitely isn't.

Motivation seems to help. Once the light changed and I started to
follow a tandem into an intersection when it suddenly turned right.
Instinctively, I followed -- and a left hooker swished through the
space where I would have been, barely missing me. My spouse, behind
me, had time to stop, but joined us on the side street when the crisis
was over.

I exclaimed "I didn't know it was possible to instant-turn a tandem!"

The captain replied "Neither did I."

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at centurylink dot net