Coming back after months off

Kenneth Litwak

Sep 21, 2023, 7:48:45 PM9/21/23
I don't bike in the rain. So, between rain from mid-December here in southern California, surgery in March with no permission to ride until late May and packing and moving, which started :May 7th and ended August 21, and too much unpacking and a task with a deadline, and a bike accident on June 6th, I have not been on my bike very much this year. I tried to end that long season of little riding, I retired and moved to a good place for riding. However, my attempt to ride today failed miserably. My bike kept going to the left, no matter how hard I tried to go straight. I don't know what's wrong, but this is the pits. Any advice for getting back on the bike without falling? Oh for the days when I was trying to be a racer and put in 175-200 miles per week. I don't know what to do. Ideas? I don't want to trash my Madone trying to overcome this. Thanks.

Mortimer Houghton

Sep 25, 2023, 1:23:47 AM9/25/23
Kenneth Litwak <kenneth...@gmail.com> writes:

>I don't bike in the rain. So, between rain from mid-December here in southe=
>rn California, surgery in March with no permission to ride until late May =
>and packing and moving, which started :May 7th and ended August 21, and to=
>o much unpacking and a task with a deadline, and a bike accident on June 6t=
>h, I have not been on my bike very much this year. I tried to end that long=
> season of little riding, I retired and moved to a good place for riding. =
>However, my attempt to ride today failed miserably. My bike kept going to t=
>he left, no matter how hard I tried to go straight. I don't know what's wro=
>ng, but this is the pits. Any advice for getting back on the bike without f=
>alling? Oh for the days when I was trying to be a racer and put in 175-200 =
>miles per week. I don't know what to do. Ideas? I don't want to trash my Ma=
>done trying to overcome this. Thanks.

Do you know why your bicycle is veering to the left? That sounds rather odd
--
what even is a signature?

NFN Smith

Sep 27, 2023, 7:36:11 PM9/27/23
To me, this sounds like you could have an inner ear condition that may
be affecting your balance.

I think it's worth checking out with a doctor.

Smith