Another season change.

Joy Beeson

Oct 19, 2023, 9:44:10 PM10/19/23
Thursday, 19 October 2023

My summer riding gloves are hanging up to dry.

I have mesh-back gloves for hot weather, and polyester gloves that fit
under warm gloves. On Tuesday, I wore my thinnest "fifty-cent" gloves
over my summer gloves, which was all right because I took the warm
gloves off at the first stop and never put them back on. When laying
out clothes on Tuesday night for yesterday's trip to the dentist, I
hunted out my winter gloves and left the summer gloves in the laundry
room.

I don't have a name for the simple style of mystery-fiber gloves, but
they were two pairs for a dollar when they first came on the market.
Now they aren't available at any price. I couldn't find
any last fall, and the fall before that I had to settle for gloves
with conductive fingertips. I'm looking hopefully in every place
that might have warm gloves this fall. I don't want to spend skilled
labor darning cheap gloves.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at centurylink dot net

John B.

Oct 19, 2023, 11:06:43 PM10/19/23
Mittens? Easy to knit. Leather pair as outers.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Mortimer Houghton

Oct 22, 2023, 12:25:29 PM10/22/23
I'm in a warmer clime, but I need to start thinking about adjusting my
bicycling wardrobe as well. Lost some of my winter gear in a fire, so
looks like I need to go shopping.

--
There are the known knowns, things we know we know;
and the known unknowns, things we know we do not know;