Yea Rah

1 view

Joy Beeson

Apr 15, 2023, 10:01:12 PM4/15/23

I think I wrote this on Thursday.
--------

No exclamation point because they still seem to think that bikes can't
be ridden on roads, but the latest report on the five-year plan to
bulld linear parks is calling them linear parks!

Also emphasizing that linear parks are more feasible than area parks.

I might actually use the proposed connection between Heritage Trail
and Pierceton. I ride so slowly these days that it's no trouble to be
polite on walkways.

Which reminds me that I haven't walked on the bikeway lately. I must
do that some time this summer.

I wonder whether anybody on Usenet has heard of the Boys' City
Mountain Bike Trails? People come from as far as Indianapolis to ride
on them.

I once heard the sad story of a fellow who drove all the way from
Indianapolis, turned onto a side path just before the bridge across
the creek, came to the only ford in the county, turned around, and
went home.

And he could easily have bypassed the ford by using the driveway that
was in plain sight. (Perhaps I should ride out that way and look at
the ford from the driveway, to see whether it's as obvious as I
remember it. It's time to start keeping tab on the redbud trees
anyway.

Evening, Saturday, 15 April 2023

So I stopped editing and hopped back on the bike. (My third trip of
the day; I'd been to a sewing guild meet-and-greet in the morning, and
went back in the afternoon to buy socks I'd seen in the drugstore on
the way home.)

The redbuds are red, but not yet spectacular. (When they *are*
spectaacular, they are lavender.)

The ford is gone. There was never a bridge, it's a culvert. (As is
the "bridge" on the main entrance.)

I can see a hint of the path worn by people emerging from the ford.
The repairs done to the culvert's abutments, or whatever you call the
slopes on each side of a culvert obscure the rest. Tape that used to
say "caution" and (I presume) used to be yellow has been tied between
two delineator posts to block off the trail, which has been further
obscured by leaving brush trimmings on it. Footing is too trecherous
to take a closer look from that side.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at centurylink dot net