Vegetarian Lunch Suggestions

Robert Blazej

Jul 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/17/96

Does anyone have vegetarian lunch suggestions for a six day back packing trip?

Thanks,
Robert

Dana Leighton

Jul 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/17/96

Robert Blazej <rbl...@fhcrc.org> wrote:
>Does anyone have vegetarian lunch suggestions for a six day back packing trip?

One of my favorites is tabouleh. Basically, you pack in the dry ingredents (you
can buy a mix), and put it in a container with water in the morning, throw it
in your pack, and by the time lunch rolls around, you've got lunch! If you're
not vegan, there's always bagels-n-cheese, providing fat and protein. If you
are, Old standby Pnut butter and jelly works good. Put it in the squeeze
tubes...
--
Dana C. Leighton | I'm a Non-HP employee working in HP's SMO
ex...@hpsmit16.rose.hp.com | IT department. Standard Disclaimers apply.

"Many people would sooner die than think. In fact they do."
[Bertrand Russell]

David Blumenthal and Lexi Shear

Jul 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/19/96

bagels and pita for the first few days, with PB jelly, cheese
dried fruit and veggies.
I live on apple logan bread for lunches. its whole protein when you
add soy flour, wheat germ, and powdered milk. Its sweet(sugar, honey,
AND molasses), applesaucy, and filling.

recipe from "Gorp, Glop, and Glue Stew"

dave

Steve Susswein

Jul 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/19/96

Robert Blazej wrote:

> Does anyone have vegetarian lunch suggestions for a six day back packing trip?
>
> Thanks,
> Robert

I use instant houmous and felafel. The hounous just requires that you
add colld water, so you can mix it on the spot. I usually fry up the
felafel the night before (for dinner) and use the leftovers for lunch
the next day.

Walt Daniels

Jul 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/19/96

A few more:
Fantastic foods black bean, grated cheddar on flour tortillas
Dried apricotts dipped in Nutella
In fact Nutella on anything (I am a chocoholic)
--

Walt Daniels (IBM)<DAN at WATSON> 914 784-6736
(Internet)<d...@watson.ibm.com>

Paul R Kennedy

Jul 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/19/96

Learn to eat real food - MEAT!