Google グループは Usenet の新規の投稿と購読のサポートを終了しました。過去のコンテンツは引き続き閲覧できます。

Cades Cove Poachers

閲覧: 1,238 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

kjoh...@holonet.net

未読、
1994/12/19 16:34:121994/12/19
To:
It was reported in the Knoxville News-Sentinel today that the two deer
poachers, Charles Lanie Norvell Jr. and Travis Murl Williams of Florida
will probably spend the next 18 months to two years in prison for
possession of and unregistered silencer.
They have already spent 14 days in jail for poaching two trophy
bucks from the Cades Cove area of the Great Smoky Mountains. The two
bucks they killed, "Streamer" and "Tim's Ten", are well known to us
around here who hike and frequent the Cades Cove area. "Streamer" had
been featured on the cover of Field & Stream magazine. They were so tame
they would almost eat out of your hand and have been frequently
photographed by visitors to the area.
The two poachers will probably receive the 18 month to 2 year
sentence on federal firearms charges. Their attorneys argued that along
with the 14 day misdemeanor poaching sentence, that they have both lost
their jobs and have been financially ruin by attorneys fees and did not
deserve that much time in prison. U.S. District Judge James Jarvis
disagreed and denied a motion by their attorneys to drop the firearms
charges. The two men killed the deer with a .22 caliber Hornet rifle,
allegedly fitted with a silencer.

|<en Johnson kjoh...@holonet.net
---
* UniQWK v2.1 * The Windows Mail Reader

Doc Elliott

未読、
1994/12/20 14:41:351994/12/20
To:
In article <3d4u8k$a...@colossus.holonet.net>, kjoh...@holonet.net
says...

Sad story deleted.

> The two poachers will probably receive the 18 month to 2 year
>sentence on federal firearms charges. Their attorneys argued that along
>with the 14 day misdemeanor poaching sentence, that they have both lost
>their jobs and have been financially ruin by attorneys fees and did not
>deserve that much time in prison. U.S. District Judge James Jarvis
>disagreed and denied a motion by their attorneys to drop the firearms
>charges. The two men killed the deer with a .22 caliber Hornet rifle,
>allegedly fitted with a silencer.
>

> |<en Johnson kjoh...@holonet.net
>---
>* UniQWK v2.1 * The Windows Mail Reader

TFB I say. Let the bastards rot in prison and lose everything they have.
It me steams cause its wrong to kill something like that which was so
tame, its unsporting and immoral. It gives a bad name to legitimate
hunters as well. 14 days in prison for poaching? Criminy, thats
rediculous! It ought to be years! These swine oughta suffer big time.
Thanks for the post, Ken.

--
Doc Elliott
KE4KUZ

Tedd Lister

未読、
1994/12/21 16:54:371994/12/21
To:
In article <3d7fm5$5...@ra.nrl.navy.mil>,

Hunting for dear in GSMNP would be the easiest, they come right up to
you. Very sad story indeed. I just wish they would keep the hunters
out of the wilderness areas too.

新着メール 0 件