C-97 Restoration for the Airshow Circuit

David Schultz

Jul 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/17/96

The Berlin Airlift Historical Foundation proudly announces their acquisition of 1 of the last two flyable
C-97 Stratocruisers. The one that has been acquired by the BAHF, does have distiguished service with the
USAF and was acquired in April 1996.

Anyone interested in volunteering services or donating to the restoration of this magnificent aircraft
please contact Mr. Tim Chopp at:

Berlin Airlift Historical Foundation
P.O. Box 782
Farmingdale, NJ 07727 USA

Please mention that you saw this add posted here, so that we may know the coverage we are getting with
this posting!

The Berlin Airlift Historical Foundation currently has a beautifully restored C-54E/R5D Skymaster on the
airshow circuit. Given the title "Spirit of Freedom," this aircraft will be joined in the skies
by our C-97 hopefully by mid 1997 with your help. The C-54E/R5D has been detailed in the following
magazines during 1996: Air World International and Warbirds International Feb. 1996 in case your
interested!

Help keep the "Spirit" flying as well as help us get the largest warbird on the airshow circuit, the C-97G
Stratocruiser, in the air!

Thanks for all you help!

David Schultz

Frederick Pierce

Jul 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/18/96

David Schultz (sch...@chesco.com) wrote:
: The Berlin Airlift Historical Foundation proudly announces their acquisition of 1 of the last two flyable
: C-97 Stratocruisers. The one that has been acquired by the BAHF, does have distiguished service with the
: USAF and was acquired in April 1996.

: Anyone interested in volunteering services or donating to the restoration of this magnificent aircraft
: please contact Mr. Tim Chopp at:

: Berlin Airlift Historical Foundation
: P.O. Box 782
: Farmingdale, NJ 07727 USA

: Please mention that you saw this add posted here, so that we may know the coverage we are getting with
: this posting!

: David Schultz

Hi David,

I've started a page on BAHF on www.avialantic.com - it has some photos