Re: China’s J-20 fighter carries a belly full of hurt - Tackling the big question — can China's fifth-gen J-20 stealth fighter match an F-35 or F-22 in air combat? There was an earlier report that China is coming out with another fighter plane, the comp

Byker

Jul 3, 2020, 4:03:49 PM7/3/20
On 3/7/2020 1:31 am, rst8...@gmail.com wrote:
> China’s J-20 fighter carries a belly full of hurt
>
> Tackling the big question — can China's fifth-gen J-20 stealth fighter
> match an F-35 or F-22 in air combat? There was an earlier report that
> China is coming out with another fighter plane, the complete and
> full-grown version of the JF-31!!!
>
> https://asiatimes.com/2020/06/chinas-j-20-stealth-fighter-carries-a-belly-full-of-hurt/?mc_cid=bb018cc0a3&mc_eid=f97276b796

It's fifth-generation in name only. "Enemy aircraft can't jam a fighter
jet's gun. Flares and chaff will never fool a gun, which needs no radar.
Bullets rip out of the gun already above the speed of sound and need
not wait for rocket boosters to kick in.": https://tinyurl.com/yc5v26eq

Phantom_View

Jul 3, 2020, 7:38:56 PM7/3/20
But how many dogfights happen inside gun range
these days ? I think the whole push over the last
decades is to make sure the opponent never gets
close enough to where you would actually have to
engage them using a gun.