Re: C-17

Byker

Aug 16, 2021, 7:31:11 PM8/16/21
"Liberals are Vermin!" wrote in message
news:ade95c5b-19da-4685...@googlegroups.com...

On Monday, 16 August 2021 at 15:51:58 UTC-4, M I Wakefield wrote:
> Purchasing the C-17 was one of Canada's few military procurement
> non-screw ups.
>
> They will probably be in heavy use flying aid to Haiti, once that
> operation gets underway.
>
> But this story is just mind-boggling:
>
> 800 People Evacuated From Kabul Aboard A Single C-17 Cargo Jet:
> Reports
>
> "800 people on your jet?! Holy... Holy cow... Ok..."
>
> https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/42005/800-people-evacuated-from-kabul-aboard-a-single-c-17-cargo-jet-reports

How many can you pack into a C-130? "The Tan Son Nhut Air Base was a war
zone itself and over 100 aircraft were burning on its flight line. The Herk
Tail #56-0518 was the last flyable C-130 remaining and hundreds were
storming the aircraft, seeing it as their last chance to reach freedom. The
aircraft, designed to hold less than 100 people was crowded with 452
passengers, 32 in the cockpit alone."
https://onlyinark.com/culture/last-herk-vietnam/