Tiger Cub UL

Max Rentz

Jan 1, 2003, 9:35:51 AM1/1/03
Greetings-

I have started a group site for anyone interested in the Tiger Cub UL. I
will be building a Tiger Cub from plans, and chronicle the progress. We
already have two other members that have decided to do the same thing. The
Tiger Cub will easily accomodate tall pilots that do not fit in many other
ultralights. The Tiger Cub is the product of Bill and Jodi Johnston of
Johnston Aviation. They offer the Tiger Cub as a plans-built, kit-built,
and ready-to-fly. The Yahoo Group site is:
is: http://www.nb.net/~tigercub/

BlueMax

John Anderson

Jan 7, 2003, 6:00:44 PM1/7/03
Checked out the site the plane looks very cool. Construction is pure
ultralight (gussets and alum tube) my one question is this: Have you sat
in one and does all those cross members in front of the pilot restrict your
vision?

--
John Anderson
*******************

"Max Rentz" <bluem...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Max Rentz

Jan 7, 2003, 7:38:15 PM1/7/03
John-
I guess I would have to say yes...that the downtubes do restrict your
vision. But the tubes are small, and there are no tubes directly in front
of your view. I have posted a few photos that I took when I was sitting in
the Tiger Cub. You can see them by going to
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TigerCub_UL/ and then go to the Photos
section.

BlueMax

"John Anderson" <janderson3$$@nc.rr.com> wrote in message

Jean-Paul Roy

Jan 13, 2003, 10:22:51 AM1/13/03
This airplane looks good and it reminds me of an Aeronca Champion I owned
some years back. I flew it some 600 hrs. It had almost the same down tubes
this Tiger Cub has. As far as vision is concerned, I never met any problems.

Jean-Paul Roy